Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

^ Well, to be fair, Xeliou66 did the initial research and reported on it.  :)

Actually I was taking about finding the link to the information; I wasn't taking away the credit from Xeliou66 for the initial find I should have made that clear.

Edited by ESS

Apparently Stone and McCoy will be appearing in the same episode. And they will be interacting. No word on if Barba and McCoy will interact (probably not). Not looking forward to Stone. If he's just a white version of Barba I'm gonna be pissed. 

So, McCoy and Stone will both be on episode 13, which will air February 7. Don’t know what the episode will be about but I’m looking forward to it. I can’t wait to see McCoy again, he’s a legendary character, I just hope they write him well and don’t do anything that smears him, I do think Churnuchin will do a good job writing him as he has written so many original L&O episodes. 

And although I was on the fence about Stone coming on at first, but I’m looking forward to it now, someone needs to keep Barba in check and tell him to get his head out of Benson’s ass and stop being unprofessional, and having Stone around will give Barba screen time with someone other than Benson. It was shown on Chicago Justice, Stone is very professional, by the book and ethical much like his dad was, and that’s exactly what SVU needs, all the unprofessional relationships, political agendas and nauseating Hallmark like “everyone is family” bullshit needs to end. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Exciting news.  I can barely wait.  I had no idea what had happened to Stone. I mourned when he left and never thought the franchise would recover, but, oh did it!  I was glad to be wrong about that. 

You do know they mean the original Stone's son don't you? I don't think Original Stone from the L&O mothership would ever be welcomed back.

Just now, Jaded said:

You do know they mean the original Stone's son don't you? I don't think Original Stone from the L&O mothership would ever be welcomed back.

Oh....Nevermind.  Thanks for the heads up.  I must say that I am disappointed. lol 

15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh....Nevermind.  Thanks for the heads up.  I must say that I am disappointed. lol 

Yeah, Ben Stone will never be returning because of a huge beef between Michael Moriarty and Dick Wolf, they had a falling out due to Moriarty’s drinking and erratic behavior, and his belief that Wolf was bowing to political pressure to censor L&O. 

After Stone resigned after the witness in the mob case got killed, we never really knew what he was up to, Schiff mentioned he was traveling in Europe at one point, and then in an episode of Chicago Justice Peter Stone called Ben on the phone at the conclusion of a case. I wonder if we will hear anymore about him on SVU. 

• Love 2

I think it's amazing Michael Moriarity played the best, most ethical ADA the franchise had, and he was poo faced drunk while doing it. Richard Burton, Michael Caine and Peter O'Toole we're poo faced every time they took the stage and they were called "brilliant actors"‼️

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QueenMab said:

I think it's amazing Michael Moriarity played the best, most ethical ADA the franchise had, and he was poo faced drunk while doing it. Richard Burton, Michael Caine and Peter O'Toole we're poo faced every time they took the stage and they were called "brilliant actors"‼️

I saw Peter O'Toole on stage. He was a brilliant actor.

• Love 1

I appreciate the background info on what happened. While I was an avid fan, I didn't read about what was going on at that time. It seems that I thought that Moriarity had a throat problem that he had to leave and attend to. Recall how hoarse he got one time?  It was alarming.  Still, I got my hopes up for nothing.  But, it'll still be good with the other guy, I suppose. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
6 hours ago, QueenMab said:

!That was my point. Michael Moriarity got fired for it. The others got fame and fortune!

Moriarity was  fired for erratic (not drunken) behavior or according to him for political reasons. At any rate he did it to himself.

2 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

Moriarity was  fired for erratic (not drunken) behavior or according to him for political reasons. At any rate he did it to himself.

I remember. And he did. A shame, but it is what it is.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 7:36 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah, Ben Stone will never be returning because of a huge beef between Michael Moriarty and Dick Wolf, they had a falling out due to Moriarty’s drinking and erratic behavior, and his belief that Wolf was bowing to political pressure to censor L&O.

Yeah he is the one actor that will never return no matter what. He didn't just burn his bridges, he nuked them from low Earth orbit. I mean I could maybe even see them bringing back George Dzundza as Greevey's brother or something if they were to announce a final season in order to get media coverage (Greevey's brother has a relative who is a victim and Cragen brings him to Liv. Robinette could defend the suspect. The stories practically write themselves!) But Claire Kincaid will come back before Ben Stone.

After Stone resigned after the witness in the mob case got killed, we never really knew what he was up to, Schiff mentioned he was traveling in Europe at one point, and then in an episode of Chicago Justice Peter Stone called Ben on the phone at the conclusion of a case. I wonder if we will hear anymore about him on SVU. 

I doubt it unless it's Peter telling Benson how much his father admires her and believes she is the only one in the NYPD who fights for the victims like he did and meets his moral standards...

Edited by wknt3
fixed spelling and grammar
  • Love 1

I’m hoping Jack McCoy mentions Ben Stone since he knew him and worked with him, or maybe Barba will mention Stone, he’s probably heard of some of the cases he prosecuted. But yeah, since the show revolves around Benson they will probably make everything about her once again, with some mentions of Stone’s background in Chicago as well to promote that franchise.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I’m hoping Jack McCoy mentions Ben Stone since he knew him and worked with him, or maybe Barba will mention Stone, he’s probably heard of some of the cases he prosecuted. But yeah, since the show revolves around Benson they will probably make everything about her once again, with some mentions of Stone’s background in Chicago as well to promote that franchise.

I am worried about this episode. I am afraid with an appearance by Jack McCoy and aided by a good story line, they will again water down the characters and abruptly change the plot so as to accommodate Benson's personal and professional dilemmas.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dttruman said:

I’m hoping Jack McCoy mentions Ben Stone since he knew him and worked with him

He must have "worked with him" off-screen---Jack replaced Ben. He also had never even met Ben's associate Clair Kincaid (they meet for the first time in Jack's first episode).

I'm sick of this shit. It's not fair that they take one of the best characters on the show, a Latino guy who grew up in the hood, who worked his ass of for a scholarship, went to Harvard, became a well known prosecutor, is smart as a whip and knows how to manipulate the law to suit his needs, and turned him into a guy who apparently can't do anything without Benson, who is making ridiculous closing arguments (no matter how good), taking cases that would never see a courtroom in real life, and making stupid decisions all in the name of Olivia Benson's vision of justice. 

I get that he is supposed to care more about the victims but maybe he should think about how it would affect the victim when they lose a weak case. Putting them through the process of telling their story to a bunch of strangers and then said strangers not believing them. That's gotta be traumatic.

And now he is pulling stupid stunts like the elevator scene with the jurors. Or now somehow interfering with a case and puts the DA's office in jeopardy? Really? Why can't we have a compelling Barba storyline that doesn't involve him doing something stupid? He is not a stupid guy. Why do they insist on writing him like this? It's annoying. And now they have to bring in the young white guy to make sure he doesn't screw up. Or some shit. It's pissing me off. Apparently only white people can get promoted in this show.  Amaro got written off as a lost cause, Fin passed the sergeants exam but would have to leave the unit (Munch and Benson didn't), and now Barba has had his career tossed down the drain because of the writers wanting him to do Benson's bidding. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the same boat that Amaro was in in season 16. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, RafaelBarba35 said:

And now he is pulling stupid stunts like the elevator scene with the jurors. Or now somehow interfering with a case and puts the DA's office in jeopardy? Really? Why can't we have a compelling Barba storyline that doesn't involve him doing something stupid? He is not a stupid guy. Why do they insist on writing him like this? It's annoying. And now they have to bring in the young white guy to make sure he doesn't screw up. Or some shit. It's pissing me off. Apparently only white people can get promoted in this show.  Amaro got written off as a lost cause, Fin passed the sergeants exam but would have to leave the unit (Munch and Benson didn't), and now Barba has had his career tossed down the drain because of the writers wanting him to do Benson's bidding. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the same boat that Amaro was in in season 16. 

I don't think it is racial. I think it is just the gimmick they use to make the Benson character so important. The Benson character has been constantly undermining the D.A.s for the last 10 years. It wasn't so bad the 1st say 8-9 years but since Benson has to be "Superstar" of the show. They have relied on this too much and anyone who has watched this show long enough and w/o their rose-colored glasses will definitely notice the flaw.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, illdoc said:

He must have "worked with him" off-screen---Jack replaced Ben. He also had never even met Ben's associate Clair Kincaid (they meet for the first time in Jack's first episode).

Jack did work with Ben Stone and knew him, they both worked in the Manhattan DA’s office at the same time, and McCoy referred to him by his first name and mentioned him a few times. He also met Kincaid before his first appearance I’m sure, they didn’t know each other well but it didn’t seem like they had never met, especially since McCoy told Schiff he wanted to work with her as soon as he heard Ben had resigned. 

I hate how they’ve ruined Barba as well. He’s been castrated and had his personality neutered all so Benson can be portrayed as more heroic, Barba’s only purpose now is to carry out the will of the holy St Olivia. And it’s not just Barba who’s been screwed, Fin is barely used anymore and they frequently have him act stupid like he did in the Noah kidnapping episode, Carisi doesn’t really even have a personality now, he switches from episode to episode depending on how the writers want him to be and what agenda they want to push, and Rollins’ main purpose this season is to support Benson. Everything revolves around Benson, it’s been that way ever since Mariska became an executive producer, her delusional ego has taken over the show and turned it to shit.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I hate how they’ve ruined Barba as well. He’s been castrated and had his personality neutered all so Benson can be portrayed as more heroic, Barba’s only purpose now is to carry out the will of the holy St Olivia. And it’s not just Barba who’s been screwed

Apparently McCoy is coming in to question Barba's judgement. The Barba character has been compromised so much by Benson it has gone far beyond realism. I wonder if Benson will go straight to MCCoy now and make her demands on who should be prosecuted and who shouldn't be prosecuted. And conveniently, guess who wins the argument. Well, I guess it is her.

Here is proof.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/law-order-svu-mccoy-is-back/?rss=breakingnews

• Love 2

Episode 13 gets even more interesting as Dworkin will be back as well!!!! McCoy and Dworkin in the same episode once again! I can only hope they have a scene together, their discussions were always entertaining. Dworkin vs Barba was great in the premiere episode, so that will be entertaining as well. McCoy, Barba, Stone and Dworkin in one episode, that’s a fucking treat for all the courtroom fans. However, given the way this show has gone this season, I wouldn’t be shocked if they find a way to make it all about Benson and screw everyone else.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Episode 13 gets even more interesting as Dworkin will be back as well!!!! McCoy and Dworkin in the same episode once again! I can only hope they have a scene together, their discussions were always entertaining. Dworkin vs Barba was great in the premiere episode, so that will be entertaining as well. McCoy, Barba, Stone and Dworkin in one episode, that’s a fucking treat for all the courtroom fans. However, given the way this show has gone this season, I wouldn’t be shocked if they find a way to make it all about Benson and screw everyone else.

Will the writers (under the thumb of Hargitay no doubt) be allowed to write something for these actors, that will allow them to fully express their talents? Or will we something that is totally out of character for one, two, or all of them? How much of Hargistay's ego will we get to see in that episode?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dttruman said:

Will the writers (under the thumb of Hargitay no doubt) be allowed to write something for these actors, that will allow them to fully express their talents? Or will we something that is totally out of character for one, two, or all of them? How much of Hargistay's ego will we get to see in that episode?

Mariska’s Jupiter sized ego has been destroying the show for a while now, and she has more control over the direction of the show than Churnuchin or anyone else. I’m really hoping this will be a great legal episode since we have 4 great lawyers in it but I’m sure they will find a way to make about Benson. I hope that they keep everyone in character, and that is one thing this season has done well with recurring characters, Dworkin, Warner, Olivet and so on have all been in character and so I think there is a good chance they will continue to be. I hope this is a turning point for Barba and McCoy chews him out for putting Benson wants ahead of everything else and brings in Stone to clean up his mess and Barba has to decide whether he wants to regain his balls and act like a profession again or resign to lick Olivia’s asshole. 

I have to say though, if they make the legendaryJack McCoy, the DA himself, bow down at the altar of St Olivia, I will throw something at the TV. 

• Love 3

Jack McCoy was a left wing hippie who decided to become a prosecutor and work within the system to "change things". I hope this episode doesn't end up with him talking to Barba about HOW he's dealing with the case instead of WHY, and basically supporting Benson in yet another of her crusades. Why Barba takes these cases is the issue many of us have with his character and we're  hoping he tells Barba to get back to being the representative of the people, not Benson....but. I have hopes this episode puts a few characters back on the L&O track, and makes Barba the ADA we were told he his...but. This episode may be nothing more than an excuse to give us an over the top crusade with lots of nighttime soap drama that will just end up sanctifying Barson, really solidifying their "relationship", and give them the go ahead to be the Batman and Robin of NYC sex crimes, and continue being immoral, unethical, and unprofessional with everyone's blessing. Because this show is "Benson's World". Much Ado about nothing but a splashy way to, once again, show us Benson's sense of right and wrong is more right than everyone else's, and the stupid, silly bs will continue on. Xeliou...I recommend sofa pillows for throwing at the TV...?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Mariska’s Jupiter sized ego has been destroying the show for a while now, and she has more control over the direction of the show than Churnuchin or anyone else. I’m really hoping this will be a great legal episode since we have 4 great lawyers in it but I’m sure they will find a way to make about Benson. I hope that they keep everyone in character, and that is one thing this season has done well with recurring characters, Dworkin, Warner, Olivet and so on have all been in character and so I think there is a good chance they will continue to be. I hope this is a turning point for Barba and McCoy chews him out for putting Benson wants ahead of everything else and brings in Stone to clean up his mess and Barba has to decide whether he wants to regain his balls and act like a profession again or resign to lick Olivia’s asshole. 

I have to say though, if they make the legendaryJack McCoy, the DA himself, bow down at the altar of St Olivia, I will throw something at the TV. 

If these attorneys are given enough time to show off their talents then I think Fin, Carisi, and Rollins will be taking the night off. We already know that Benson will be getting her usual time, I just wonder if Noah will make an appearance with some dialogue?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, QueenMab said:

Jack McCoy was a left wing hippie who decided to become a prosecutor and work within the system to "change things". I hope this episode doesn't end up with him talking to Barba about HOW he's dealing with the case instead of WHY, and basically supporting Benson in yet another of her crusades. Why Barba takes these cases is the issue many of us have with his character and we're  hoping he tells Barba to get back to being the representative of the people, not Benson....but. I have hopes this episode puts a few characters back on the L&O track, and makes Barba the ADA we were told he his...but. This episode may be nothing more than an excuse to give us an over the top crusade with lots of nighttime soap drama that will just end up sanctifying Barson, really solidifying their "relationship", and give them the go ahead to be the Batman and Robin of NYC sex crimes, and continue being immoral, unethical, and unprofessional with everyone's blessing. Because this show is "Benson's World". Much Ado about nothing but a splashy way to, once again, show us Benson's sense of right and wrong is more right than everyone else's, and the stupid, silly bs will continue on. Xeliou...I recommend sofa pillows for throwing at the TV...?

God forbid if McCoy makes an appearance to come in and questions Barba's judgement and then gives him an ultimatum. If he doesn't improve his conviction rate, he will be out of a job. My Big Prediction is that at the end of the season, he is replaced by (you ready for this), Dominick Carisi, Jr.

• Love 1

Oh Hell, Barba will probably be replaced by Noah. He's heard "unca Rafa" talk to his mom so much he can, with mommy's guidance do the job better. Besides, Barba's going to end up fired and disbarred so he'll be home to tell the kid how to do it. ?

• Love 2

McCoy is trying to send Barba to prison?

That is so not how I wanted those two to meet. I wanted snark, fast dialogue and crazy brilliant legal arguments, not Barba in tears. What is this?

• Love 5

I do. Based on this, it seems like my worst fears might come to pass. It looks like McCoy is going to side with Olivia on this case, and they are making Rafael out to be the unethical bad guy. I imagine Raul has to step away from the show for a few weeks to do "Chess", but there would have been no need to destroy Rafael's character to do so. Assuming he is not fired or disbarred (since Michael Chernuchin said that Peter Stone would be a thorn in Rafael's side, I assume Rafael keeps his job for the rest of the season), I assume he ends up censured or suspended again. I will scream bloody murder if this episode destroys Rafael, while simultaneously burnishing Olivia's halo. I want HER to be taken down a peg or two, professionally, and not the other characters I prefer more. 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 5

Guaranteed Barba goes down for something Benson wanted ( bullied, seduced, scotched) him to do because "you know it's the right thing". How many careers, lives, reputations is this travesty of a cop going to get away with ruining? Seriously. Just totally skate. How many?

• Love 3

Actually, I just had a flashback to " Know it All". I remember thinking "ok Barba was punished by his boss for withholding that transgression..but...it happened when Barba was an ADA in BROOKLYN. What does the Brooklyn DA have to say about this, it happened under his watch. AND...what about the very bad man that was sent to prison because of the junkie, and his lawyer?" The show didn't go there at all. On the promo, McCoy says he " has no choice". He wouldn't, if the Brooklyn DA, with pressure ( or a stink about it) from the convicted man and his lawyer, decides to re-try the case because of Barba's ethical breach, and Barba is put on the stand as a defense witness and has to fess up about what he did in court. McCoy couldn't protect him. It's a Brooklyn case. Their right to do so. There's a quick shot of Barba in what looks like a courtroom and him in the witness box saying " I thought I was doing the right thing". That's what he told Benson when he spilled it to her. I remember wondering if it was going to eventually come back and take a chunk out of Barba's ass. I now have a hunch that's what happens next week. No new secrets, just that old rookie ego mistake coming around again for some kind of final resolution. Enter Stone to ride herd on Barba and make sure he toes the line ethically. What do ya think?

• Love 1

I don’t see McCoy being on Olivia’s side, I see Barba once again doing something stupid in order to please Benson and McCoy taking him to task for it with Benson defending “Rafa”. 

I’ve just lost all respect for Barba, he’s a dickless puppet who can’t do anything without consulting Olivia and I’m glad McCoy and Stone are coming on to right the ship hopefully. 

Barba getting the DA’s office involved in a right to die case reminds me of the season 7 episode Starved where Casey Novak sort of did the same thing and Branch ripped her for it. 

I’m just sick of how Barba has been ruined and turned into nothing more than Olivia’s little bitch, the Barson garbage has ruined the show.

Guys... come on. I'm really not a Benson fan, but this "Barba is a mindless puppet, and also a total bitch (cause what's less respectable than a man who listens to a woman, right?)" thing is getting a tad old. I swear it's getting to the point where he could mention brushing his teeth and all I'd see here is "Benson pressured him about the 'oral hygiene' angle!"

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, RafaelBarbas said:

Guys... come on. I'm really not a Benson fan, but this "Barba is a mindless puppet, and also a total bitch (cause what's less respectable than a man who listens to a woman, right?)" thing is getting a tad old. I swear it's getting to the point where he could mention brushing his teeth and all I'd see here is "Benson pressured him about the 'oral hygiene' angle!"

This has nothing to do with a man listening to a woman, I don’t give one fuck about the gender of either Benson or Barba. A prosecutor should not be making his legal decisions based on what a cop wants him to do period, and that’s what Barba has done, he is constantly trying to please Benson and does things based on what she wants.

• Love 1

My biggest problem with the whole Barson connection is she frequently badgers him to take weak cases to court, and then he either gets his ass handed to him in embarrassing fashion, or something goes wrong with the case, only to be saved by some intervention from Olivia (and an implausible conviction from the jury). The way their connection is too often written seems to build up Olivia's intuition at the expense of Rafael's professional competence and judgment. That her legal acumen is somehow better than his, and she saves his ass way too often. TO ME, it comes across as a lopsided connection with Rafael seeming to defer to her on legal matters, even though it is his area of expertise. Pretty much all of the SVU connections between Olivia and the other characters are written this way, but the connection with Rafael pisses me off the most, because he is my favorite character, and his job is completely separate from hers. Olivia may be the team's boss, but she isn't Rafael's, and she should have no say in how the ADA tries cases.

Combine that with this season's uncomfortable tendency for Rafael to sacrifice legal plausibility for some sort of SJW crusade ("Flight Risk" being the most egregious example from this season), and it makes me sad what the writers have done with my favorite character. I want him back!

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 4

Hmmm...this doesn't exactly quell my unease for how this episode will play out for my beloved Rafael. It doesn't help that this is the last episode for at least a few weeks likely, so we won't see the fallout immediately.

These are also some interesting soundbites to explain how Peter Stone is brought into the Manhattan DA's office.

Edited by ForeverAlone

Glad the eulogy is for Ben Stone, not Barba! Just because Esparza is doing a Broadway show doesn't mean he'll be gone for a while after this episode. There are rehearsals first for a while and those could work around his shooting schedule. It sounds like he's just got a stage show lined up for when SVU takes their summer break which starts about April or May. To hang a main character then have him disappear in the middle of the season is kind of odd and I find it hard to believe the producers and writer's would accommodate him quite that much by having to write around him. Of course Stone is going to stay so....maybe they are. I just hope that if Barba is suspended again, or maybe has to resign, he doesn't spend the whole time at Benson's crappy little apartment babysitting the brat and getting scotch and therapy from Liv. Personally, I think he should resign and go into private practice with the Harvard snob lawyers Pearson, Specter and Litt, over on "Suits" ! I don't understand why this show gave us a dynamic, fun character and then systematically made him an unethical, insecure dope with a whopping Oedipus Complex who can't pee unless Benson holds his penie for him. I'm shaking my head at this whole disappointing story line.

• Love 1

I also find it hard to believe Esparza would willingly bow out and hand over his seniority spot to a new character, unless he just doesn't give a damn anymore and truly wants out of SVU. Couldn't blame him for that. His character has devolved into a joke which is a far cry from the Barba he and Warren Leight came up with. Maybe he doesn't care how Barba goes out, just so he's out. It's a shame if it's come to that for him.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

I also find it hard to believe Esparza would willingly bow out and hand over his seniority spot to a new character, unless he just doesn't give a damn anymore and truly wants out of SVU. Couldn't blame him for that. His character has devolved into a joke which is a far cry from the Barba he and Warren Leight came up with. Maybe he doesn't care how Barba goes out, just so he's out. It's a shame if it's come to that for him.

Law and Order regularly fired people. Esparza may not have a choice.

• Love 1

That's your only observation? He was fired? Getting fired from L&O was big news and no, it didn't happen all the time. A very popular character getting fired would have leaked by now. Esparza played the character well. If they weren't happy then they should fire the producers and writer's who turned him pathetic. Not the actor doing his best with the crap handed to him. He may just need a break from kissing MH's ass. His lips are getting tired!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, QueenMab said:

That's your only observation? He was fired? Getting fired from L&O was big news and no, it didn't happen all the time. A very popular character getting fired would have leaked by now. Esparza played the character well. If they weren't happy then they should fire the producers and writer's who turned him pathetic. Not the actor doing his best with the crap handed to him. He may just need a break from kissing MH's ass. His lips are getting tired!

No, just that it's possible they want to be rid of Rafa. It's not that he did anything wrong, just that they've written the character into a corner and may not be able to redeem him without dumping Benson, which will, unfortunately, never happen.

They could easily redeem Barba by having McCoy and Stone forcing him into having an epiphany about how he's going about his job and giving him a personal life back with other friends, and lovers, besides Benson. Since Benson had her ass handed to her about that sort of thing before, I should think a "friend" would totally understand if some professional detachment and boundaries we're necessary for both if them to keep their professions. But....if Esparza has had enough of a character that the "producer" sent way off the rails to glorify her character....I can't blame him for exiting stage left. I just hope he isn't sent packing in disgrace but, as I stated before, if Esparza wants out he may not care anymore how it goes down. "Just do it" and be done with this travesty if his original character. Thank you Mariska for ruining a good character to feed your own ego.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

These are also some interesting soundbites to explain how Peter Stone is brought into the Manhattan DA's office.

I love that this is the exact explanation that brought Rubirosa onto Law & Order: LA.  Had to move to take care of her sick mother!

Since Andy Karl was killed off, this show has really suffered from the absence of a character in that Meloni/Pino/Karl leading-man mode, so that makes me glad we're getting Philip Winchester -- but really I want him as one of the cops!  If Barba is out and they wanted to keep working with Winchester post-Chicago Justice, the genius move would have been sliding lawyer Carisi into the prosecutor slot, and putting Winchester as some new detective in the squadroom.  That gives you so many fresh avenues to explore in the writing.

(Or, speaking of LOLA, they could have repeated the same ridiculous move they pulled over there, where Alfred Molina switched from prosecutor to cop halfway through the season, with essentially one line of explanation.  But it was such an obvious improvement from the prior configuration, so why complain?)

I like Barba, but I'll also be OK if he's out.  Some cast turnover is generally a plus on an L&O show, helps keep things fresh.

Edited by JyDanzig

I don’t think this is Barba’s last episode, he wouldn’t be written out mid-season IMO and from what it sounds like Stone will be Barba’s boss (although the writers lie routinely). I wouldn’t be shocked if Barba is gone though, I think Raul would probably like to leave the show since they are wasting his talents and Barba has completely been ruined now, he’s been turned into a spineless pussy who can’t decide where to eat lunch without first consulting Benson. The only way they could repair his character to have him back away from Benson, and that would require the show to actually criticize Benson which Mariska won’t allow. Everything has to revolve around Benson and it has destroyed Barba’s character, Mariska’s ego is destroying the show, she is just using it to push her agenda and stroke her ego. I would want out as well if I was Raul.

• Love 2