Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Season 5 Reunion Special

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

You can good money selling t-shirts.  Take a look at Etsy t-shirt stores and their sales numbers.

Yes they can but it will also depend on what the shirts are. Things like Yogi or I'm not impressed are not exactly as unique as he may think. There are plenty of yogi shirts out there. I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that sell more on places like Etsy are Disney themed shirts. Which I have bought before for my husband since it was so fitting...I work to support my wife's Disney addiction. I had tried to find some cute ones for my friend and I when we did our Tink 5k at the parks but couldn't find anything. Yet when it comes to stupid sayings on shirts like Nate's.......no thanks. I don't see most running off to log on and buy his shirts. Same with Nick and his Section 8 bs. Most viewers are not going to be into those things and there is a very slim chance someone will come across the website selling them. Its just not a money making thing for most IMO. Same with anything really so hopefully he didn't quit his day job to do just this. 

• Love 2

I really enjoy reading all the comments here.  So much more than the program.  I do not do FB, Twitter, Instagram etc.  I would appreciate it if those of you that do, will post if you see something interesting here.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Wonder if they ever had sex?

I'm going to say they never did at all.

3 hours ago, Peper81 said:

This definitely makes me think there was extra incentive to stay together. 

Oh I believe there was. Mind you it takes at least 6 months for a divorce to go through as well there in that state. I said I wouldn't be surprise if it happened at that point they announced it once the time frame was up. I know the extra incentive has been mentioned a few times as well though. With having trouble casting for Boston and season after season of no luck and 2 from the one before splitting up they needed a season to end on a "high note".

• Love 4
On August 22, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Empress1 said:

Sure .. why not?  Does anything matter anymore about this "SHAM" of a show?  All these months of watching, blogging and wondering .. And then disappointment.  The minute Danielle walked up those stairs in that church, it was a no go.  She was there it seems to promote her business and that's all.  She had no interest in Cody at all and was waiting it out.  I believe that's why she didn't even bother to get dressed up and look attractive.  Why bother?  And, Cody was a bad actor always pretending that she would maybe fall for him.  Ha, the jokes on us.  And that is my opinion on this whole debacle of a show.  What a waste of time.

• Love 3
On August 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM, stuckin60s said:

I really enjoy reading all the comments here.  So much more than the program.  I do not do FB, Twitter, Instagram etc.  I would appreciate it if those of you that do, will post if you see something interesting here.

Awh .. That's sweet of you to say.  I also got more enjoyment talking with you all than the program.  I'm not on those other social media things also, but I converse with a very nice blogger on here that informs me of any new news that comes up.  She's very much informed on these things .. Lucky me.   I'm sure someone will let us know of any new happenings if and when.

• Love 1

Happy Holidays to the M@FS posters...

Just a rum pum pum reminder of the M@FS Game Night Special  Dec 26th, 8 pm on Lifetime check your local listings....

The 2017 holiday special was filmed in August before Chicago dietitian Danielle DeGroot, 31, and Genoa native Cody Knapek, 27, announced Aug. 22 they had split.

Divorce papers were filed in Sept and the divorce finalized in November.

N8 filed for divorce on Nov 14th and he and Sheila were officially dunzo  Dec 14th.

Hoping Right Coast viewers will watch and snark so the Left Cost viewers can decide to watch by your comments....

Think Ashley may be preggers...holiday feet and head shots of the d'Amico-Pettas but no torso/belly photos....

• Love 3

I think it was dvr'd but I could care less really. Its just such a fake load of bull. Hell the whole show is to me at this point IMO. The last thing I need to see is "reality tv wanna be star" calvin and his wife "playing it up" for the cameras with a couple that was probably given a little extra to stay together for a certain time frame after the show (obviously Cody and Danielle were not anywhere) and I think at this point we know why Sheila wasn't there "playing along". Wouldn't be surprised if they were another pay to stay couple. Its just something I don't put past this show in doing. And there is no way Ashley was pregnant then otherwise it would have been out all over the internet with pics she posts from now. This show will gladly play games over it though. I think I will probably just delete this and not bother with it considering everything. It was pointless to air it really IMO...and to even have been filmed to begin with. 

humble, curious but where did you get the divorce info?

• Love 1

The updated M@FS info actually came from the legit Chicago newspaper, not the usual Brit gossip blog...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/ct-ent-married-at-first-sight-cody-knapek-danielle-degroot-20171122-story.html

Cody changed jobs and dating...good for him.

I can see the Anthony and Cody remaining buds and meeting at sports bars.

Danielle's dress reminded me of 5 pounds of Russets in a bag meant for 3 pounds, then the spuds grinding around the bag as she walked front center to participate in the reindeer games.

If Ant/Ash want more TV fame, they would be good contestants for the Newlywed Game and such because they are very watchable and adorably competitive.

• Love 3

Just finished it & thought it was a bunch of nonsense, especially considering what we know now. I really didn't need all the flashbacks & congratulations toward the couples, & have to wonder why they even aired it after most aren't even together anymore.

Nate looked like he's aged - from his way about him (not that she wasn't there) I feel he & Sheila were already separated when this was taped.

Ashley looked like she was over this shit & didn't want to be there.

Danielle really should've taken more care with her choice of clothing. Loved the Codester's style; he looked good there. But it was also obvious he was quite over her & they were barely tolerating each other for this thing.

Other than the looks of "get me the hell out of here I am so done" that most could barely hide, it was all fake, as usual.

• Love 1

I don't think Ashley was pregnant.  She pretty much always wore loose flawy dresses on MAFS.  I think that's how she tries to cover up the junk in her trunk (not body shaming, I'm also a bootylicious woman).   She and Anthony were very cute together. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I don't think Ashley was pregnant.  She pretty much always wore loose flawy dresses on MAFS.  I think that's how she tries to cover up the junk in her trunk (not body shaming, I'm also a bootylicious woman).   She and Anthony were very cute together. 

Yes, I think Ashley mentioned on Twitter that she used to be heavier so she's still very body-conscious.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Gobears said:

Yes, I think Ashley mentioned on Twitter that she used to be heavier so she's still very body-conscious.

Yes she mentioned it during the show at one point. I think the way she dresses isn't bad at all. She is probably one of the best dressed they have had on this mess of a show too. 

It sounds like this shit show was done more for calvin and his wife to push themselves more on tv then anything else considering all the crap with the 2 couples and one half not even being there. The 2 are probably why it still aired. No care for what had gone on with the couples at all but just for show of calvin and wife. *rollseyes* I did not watch it but still have it on the dvr. I am thinking from what was said that I can skip it altogether since its exactly what I thought...lots of fake bs. 

All I know is if Anthony and Ashley looked like they are over it on there they will be smart to tell MAFS where to go if they want them for anything else in the future. Heck they were one couple I have to say was smart with how they even played this in front of the camera as well and not letting producers/"experts" get into their heads/business to cause over the top "drama". 

• Love 4

I think Anthony and Ashley will stay for the money.  There will be a few more reunions and shows for those that participate and the extra $$$ is always good.  They don't tell much about their personal lives.  Just play the games, smile a lot and collect their checks on the way out.

Danielle and Cody have always been 'hard to watch'.  He is almost a boy toy and she might do better with another woman.  Just not a good fit at all.

I always hoped Nate and Shelia would make it.  I liked them but she surely got angry fast and I don't think we ever saw exactly what he does to push her buttons.  But with that said he surely talks the talk.   He seems to have the words and wisdom of a much older man.

I knew when he said 'Shelia was busy and could not make it' that it was over.  sigh.

My husband and I started watching it but quickly grew weary of watching people who didn't really want to be there play "Pictionary."  We deleted the episode at the first commercial break.  It looked like they were going to play "Who Said It?" and Charades.  Ha!  Charades, what an apropos game for this show.  To be fair, even if everyone there was really into the games, we'd still have deleted it.  Not our cuppa.

Pastor Cal and Wendy were too damn happy to be there and everyone else looked like guns were pointed at them off camera to keep them on set.

The couples were contractually obligated to be there but Sheila must have thrown a HUGE hissy fit and fought her way out of showing up.

Bring on the new newlyweds.....

• Love 2
On 12/27/2017 at 9:58 AM, humbleopinion said:

Danielle's dress reminded me of 5 pounds of Russets in a bag meant for 3 pounds, then the spuds grinding around the bag as she walked front center to participate in the reindeer games.

Ugh, I know.  Upon seeing the junk in her trunk rolling around like that Mr. Snarkle remarked at what a strange body type she has.  He says her legs are proportionately short and with that big rump the dress just looked bad.  I confess I never cared enough to notice, but he's right.

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Pastor Cal and Wendy were too damn happy to be there and everyone else looked like guns were pointed at them off camera to keep them on set.

The couples were contractually obligated to be there but Sheila must have thrown a HUGE hissy fit and fought her way out of showing up.

Bring on the new newlyweds.....

Somehow I have a nagging memory of someone posting to this board months ago that there was some reason given for Sheila's absence somewhere online but I forget now what it was.  Not that I'd believe an excuse anyway knowing how she was prone to hissy fits.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:26 PM, Evil Queen said:

All I know is if Anthony and Ashley looked like they are over it on there they will be smart to tell MAFS where to go if they want them for anything else in the future. Heck they were one couple I have to say was smart with how they even played this in front of the camera as well and not letting producers/"experts" get into their heads/business to cause over the top "drama". 

Oh I think if the show approached them for a "baby special" show or something like Doug and Jamie did when Ashley gets pregnant they'd bite.  I think the money would be too hard for them to refuse plus having a baby is so important to Ashley she would want to document it on TV for posterity.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Ugh, I know.  Upon seeing the junk in her trunk rolling around like that Mr. Snarkle remarked at what a strange body type she has.  He says her legs are proportionately short and with that big rump the dress just looked bad.  I confess I never cared enough to notice, but he's right.

She's short, long wasted, short legs. She should be dressing for her body type; she can't wear just anything, especially for TV. That dress in particular wouldn't flatter anyone.

Somehow I have a nagging memory of someone posting to this board months ago that there was some reason given for Sheila's absence somewhere online but I forget now what it was.  Not that I'd believe an excuse anyway knowing how she was prone to hissy fits.

There was some major flooding in the school district she works for - I recall her mentioning on Twitter she was working very long hours at the time.

-And also they were most likely done by then.-

Oh I think if the show approached them for a "baby special" show or something like Doug and Jamie did when Ashley gets pregnant they'd bite.  I think the money would be too hard for them to refuse plus having a baby is so important to Ashley she would want to document it on TV for posterity.

I kind of wonder if she/they wouldn't turn that one down. Are they even filming a one year for these two? Out of all of them she looked the most annoyed by having to be at that stupid game thing. They also stayed more on the down-low with their business on the show, especially after Rachel screwed her over.  I think, hopefully, they'll just want to be left alone.

• Love 3