Type keyword(s) to search

New or Upcoming Products

• Start Topic

General chat for posting news/buzz about new product launches, new brands, collaborations.

KKW Beauty who launched a bestselling contour kit is going to announce some new products soon according to Trendmood. I'm guessing concealers or foundation. 

Kat Von D is coming out with new highlighters or a highlighter pallete according to Instagram. 

Rihanna's makeup brand Fenty Beauty is coming to Sephora this fall. Rumor has it it's good and on trend. 

9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

General chat for posting news/buzz about new product launches, new brands, collaborations.

KKW Beauty who launched a bestselling contour kit is going to announce some new products soon according to Trendmood. I'm guessing concealers or foundation. 

Kat Von D is coming out with new highlighters or a highlighter pallete according to Instagram. 

Rihanna's makeup brand Fenty Beauty is coming to Sephora this fall. Rumor has it it's good and on trend. 

Rihanna's line is replacing Estée Edit, right?  Or is Sephora taking something ELSE away?

On 16/07/2017 at 1:58 PM, Petunia13 said:

I'm hoping that we get Fenty Beauty in Australia at either Sephora or Mecca. I'm also hoping that Rhianna will cater more to deep skin tones, I have fair skin (Kat von D's light 44 is my perfect shade match) but many of my friends have deep skin and really struggle to find make up.

makeup brands owned and developed by POC usually have richer, powerful pigments so even on fair people the eye shadows and blushes are a slam dunk. Juvia's Place and Colored Raine are black owned and their palettes are holy grails of many pale gurus like NikkieTutorials, Jeffree Star, Stephanie Nicole, and Tarababyz. 

• Love 1

Moschino is coming out with a makeup line that will be carried at Sephora. Everything will have elaborate and kitschy packaging, like all of their products. 

Anastasia BH new palette (a cool toned bold answer to Modern Renaissance) Subculture will be out at the end of the month.

On 2017-07-18 at 10:37 AM, Petunia13 said:

makeup brands owned and developed by POC usually have richer, powerful pigments so even on fair people the eye shadows and blushes are a slam dunk. Juvia's Place and Colored Raine are black owned and their palettes are holy grails of many pale gurus like NikkieTutorials, Jeffree Star, Stephanie Nicole, and Tarababyz. 

Well, North American brands do (since they typically target people with darker skin).  Technically, K-beauty products are targeting/developed for non-white tones, but I wouldn't say that their colours are necessarily richer/more powerful. 

• Love 2
On 7/18/2017 at 10:37 AM, Petunia13 said:

I remember I bought some Black Opal products at a store once, I think it was eye shadow (not sure, but knowing my addiction to eye shadow palates, it's a pretty good bet). The clerk tried to explain to me that the makeup was for "black girls" (apparently not for me).  I looked at her, opening the compact and was like "have you seen this shadow!!?? This color is insane!!".  Seriously, the pigment some have is so amazing!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

I keep hearing about snail products like Mizon. Anyone know anything about that?

Many Korean skincare brands have snail products. Mizon has a whole line of them. The cheapest of the line and an HG for many is the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream.

I've tried a few snail products including a lot of the Mizon snail line. Some people swear by it in terms of smoothing and calming their skin. Personally snail doesn't do much for my skin and may in fact clog it. Like most things YMMV.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I keep hearing about snail products like Mizon. Anyone know anything about that?

I got a moisturizer made with snail mucous for Christmas.  The brand name is Corsyx, or something like that.  I absolutely love it.  It made my skin so soft and supple and glowy!  I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so amazing.  I'm not using it over the summer because it becomes too slippery, but I look forward to going back to it in the fall and winter months when my skin gets dried out by the cold and low humidity.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sorry, but...snail mucous?

Wikipedia has a section on it.

It is filtered and heavily used in Korean skincare. @luckyroll3 mentioned COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. It's a watery serum with one of the highest percentages of snail mucin. There are many people who swear by the product since it apparently lessens redness, promotes acne healing, and is hydrating.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Athena said:

Wikipedia has a section on it.

It is filtered and heavily used in Korean skincare. @luckyroll3 mentioned COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. It's a watery serum with one of the highest percentages of snail mucin. There are many people who swear by the product since it apparently lessens redness, promotes acne healing, and is hydrating.

Thanks for the link, @Athena! Well, it's certainly an interesting ingredient. Would I use it? Er...jury's out on that one! But if it helps others, great!

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Thanks for the link, @Athena! Well, it's certainly an interesting ingredient. Would I use it? Er...jury's out on that one! But if it helps others, great!

It's weird because it definitely has a slimy consistency, but it works so well!  Certainly not something I would have purchased for myself, but glad I received it as a gift.  I will buy again.  You should try a sample.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Anastasia subculture palette releases tomorrow 7/25 after the leak debacle a couple of months back and I am so there for it. It is a 'cool-toned' counterpart to the modern renaissance palette and it has some gorgeous yellows, teals, greens, and cooler toned mauves. I have fairly neutral, tending to cool skin and I can wear most of the shades in modern renaissance but the colours in the subculture are for me.

Edited by Jac
I can't work Instagram
4 hours ago, PRgal said:

My first Glossier order arrived.  Tried the concealer, but it looked flaky on me.  Not sure if it's just my dry skin though.

I have the concealer, and I haven't experienced that, but of course, everyone's skin is different. I've only used it much around my eyes, as I don't often need concealer elsewhere. My skin tends toward dry, but isn't super-dry, and I use a pretty hydrating eye cream. I actually really like the texture, as it doesn't get caky or settle into fine lines (which are definitely an issue under my eyes, sigh) at all for me. Its coverage is somewhat light, and it could have better staying power, however. 

I use Mizon's All-in-One Snail Repair Cream. It works well for my sensitive, combination skin. It's consistency is pretty much any standard moisturizer. It does not have a scent. 

12 hours ago, caitmcg said:

I have the concealer, and I haven't experienced that, but of course, everyone's skin is different. I've only used it much around my eyes, as I don't often need concealer elsewhere. My skin tends toward dry, but isn't super-dry, and I use a pretty hydrating eye cream. I actually really like the texture, as it doesn't get caky or settle into fine lines (which are definitely an issue under my eyes, sigh) at all for me. Its coverage is somewhat light, and it could have better staying power, however. 

Tried again today (right after moisturizing), and it was fine.  I think my skin was just extra dry at that time. 

? the Fenty Beauty new summer stuff isn't going to be restocked? I know it was limited edition but damn. The new Liquid eye duo is out of stock in the rose gold and the iridescent opal shade on Sephora site and there's no "email when it gets restocked" button option. Everyone I know who's bought from her new summer line is raving over the pigment and glow. 

• Love 1
On 5/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, SCS said:

NARS is launching "Afterglow", the newest component of its Orgasm line, in a few days. Online only at Seph, at least for now.

https://www.sephora.com/product/orgasm-afterglow-lip-balm-P13046537?skuId=2063758&icid2=products grid:p13046537

A few days ago, I was gifted the new limited  orgasm lip laquer and the packaging, pigments and finish are absolutely gorgeous. It's also really moisturizing. I feel the shades on this line are pretty universal. 

• Love 1

I was watching a new (to me) beauty blogger this weekend & she mentioned Makeup Forever's Shine On (loose) Powder, so I decided I MUST get it.

After many hours of searching, I realize it's not available in the US & now I am beyond sad.

I'm trying the Milk makeup Kush eyebrow gel this week. It's suppose thicken w heart shaped fibers and hold brows in place but also encourage growth and volume due to its cannibus oil and conditioners. I got Dutch (chocolate) and Grind (espresso shade). 

I like the look of thick strong power brows I wish mine were thicker. 

15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm trying the Milk makeup Kush eyebrow gel this week. It's suppose thicken w heart shaped fibers and hold brows in place but also encourage growth and volume due to its cannibus oil and conditioners. I got Dutch (chocolate) and Grind (espresso shade). 

I like the look of thick strong power brows I wish mine were thicker. 

Oh, please report back on your results! My brows are on the sparse side so could use some help. I've tried Benefit's Gimme Brow but found it just okay. 

• Love 1
On 7/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, please report back on your results! My brows are on the sparse side so could use some help. I've tried Benefit's Gimme Brow but found it just okay. 

Early review but I think it works great! I would definitely recommend you giving it a whirl! 

I know it's expensive for what it is but the Too Faced 20th Anniversary collection and pallete are screaming my name. I'm in love w the packaging. So 90's and Saved By the Bell and Clarissa Explains it All colors and packaging. Bruh ? 

And the colors look great on medium and deeper tones several tuts were uploaded on YouTube and it looks pigmented and complimentary. That's been a problem w me and Too Faced in certain limited edition collections.  I'm dying to try deep violet in the crease w an icy blue lid. Apparently a couple shades are dupes for Pat Mc Grath's statement ones in her Mothership collection. 

Some of the Tom Ford higher priced perfumes are being released in to 10 ml purse sizes. It is a way for those of us who don't want to pay $250 for a bottle to at least try some out.

Some of the Pat McGrath line looks interesting.

Briefly checked out the Dior Backstage stuff at Sephora the other day. Not in a mood to buy anything, so passed. I have enough neutrals for a while. The fall stuff should start to trickle in soon.

Glanced at the fall Chanel line - I liked the purplish nail polish, but thought the eye palette with the teal and cobalt blue was a bit dark. With other colours, maybe.

• Love 1

Gleaned from Sephora:

Oud Wood/Tobacco Vanille/Soleil Blanc/Neroli Portofino/Black Orchid/Noir Anthracite/Noir Extreme/Velvet Orchid.

The Canadian site says not available - maybe sold out or stock coming in soon. I think a couple are available through the Holt Renfrew site.

The Bay also received some new Dior eyeshadow palettes/highlighters/nail polishes. Dior en Diable.

https://www.dior.com/beauty/en_int/fragrance-beauty/makeup/look-exclusives/dior-en-diable-fall-look-2018/fr-devilishindior-dior.html

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think the Tom Ford ones are spray perfumes and not rollerballs. The 10 ml sizes are not big, but it beats a $200 plus investment.

even better!!

14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I might finally buy Black Orchid! I got a sample a couple of years ago and loved it but couldn't justify the price. 

Black Orchid is amazing! Definitely try it. I think I got my bottle in the Bahamas at a cheaper (but not cheap) price.  I did spring for the lotion from Sephora to make the perfume last longer. (I also thought it was shower get...)

• Love 2

Soliel Blanc is gorgeous. I have two black orchids one is a quarter full then got an unopened backup on Mother's Day. I like his aquatic scents too. I heard one guru say to make them stretch you can layer them with other (less expensive scents). I want to say I've mixed black orchid with Elizabeth and James black and KVD Sinner before and it was nice. 

I think having smaller less priced purse size atomizers is a genius move. It's handy as hell and less of a commitment. I don't touch up my makeup really (other than lippie) when I'm out or working but I damn sure freshen up my scent after a few hours. 

Yeah, I tend to prefer the smaller sizes of perfumes as I have so many already (seriously I counted one time and I think I'm very close to 100!!). A couple are body sprays, but I gave most of those away. I keep them in the sweater cabinet of an antique armoire, dark and cool, so they've lasted a long time so I really don't need the larger sizes. A little purse size spray is perfect (and probably last me a couple years).

• Love 2

Some people - like me - think it is a great idea to make a luxury limited perfume more available to the masses - I'm not sure I want to spend $255 CAD for a 50 ml bottle.  It gives me a chance to try it out and see if I would like to buy the full-size bottle. And it's great for those who like a variety of scents.

There is also the other side that making some of the private blends more affordable, that the expensive fragrances lose some of their lustre and the brand is 'cheapened'.

Overall, the Tom Ford line, and Estee Lauder, which owns it, will make a lot more money.

@callie lee 29 I'm jealous of you. I love perfume but can't call myself a perfume head I sometimes watch Jeremy Fragrance videos and at one point his collection was worth 20g or something (gagging ?). I was talking on a gossip site w a woman and she named all these niche scents I've never even heard of so casually. I wonder if the high end fragrances are trying to make smaller sizes and the brands want to have more market recogniztion (ala Gucci with its clothing or Hermes like even middle class people in the Midwest know their logos and top sellers). When I was at Neiman Marcus last the Creed counter people were practically begging to make me a sample, I politely shrugged them off to ogle the Tom Ford glowing bottle collection of perfumes and squirt Fucking Fabulous. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Charlotte Tillbury is coming to Sephora soon items are already sold out on preorder. And yes this is a cruelty free vegan luxury brand! ?

Excellent! My local Nordstrom does not carry it in the store so I haven’t tried anything but a primer (which I liked). 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

@MargeGunderson how are you liking the Kush eyebrow gel? I noticed this morning after I scrubbed my face my eyebrows are thicker ? Mine aren't very thin but I wanna get that Jennifer Connelly brow look so I'm glad to have progress. 

I’m waiting for the 20% off sale at Sephora to buy it! Glad to hear it’s working for you.

15 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Excellent! My local Nordstrom does not carry it in the store so I haven’t tried anything but a primer (which I liked). 

I bought a couple of the eyeshadow palettes via Holt Renfrew's online site. Decent products. Have also tried a sample of the magic cream. Not available close to where I live, so it's reading reviews and seeing swatches and then hoping for the best.

I stopped in to Holt Renfrew today to ask about the Tom Ford mini-atomizers. They probably will not be restocked when they are sold. Apparently, it was a summertime promo and one that did not really sell that well. People only bought that size as an add-on/travel size for the full size bottle. The price also dropped too. The sales associate said that in his eyes, they weren't the best value as it would cost you over $300 for the same size as the regular bottle.  I said that I thought it was a good idea for people to try out the scent to see if they like it before committing to the $255 bottle or as a travel/purse size.