Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

ASF, you KNOW I'm going to go back and retrace timelines to see how I could adjust them to make the wookie a possibility.

You should! AS-P isn't exactly a stickler for timelines, continuity or realism in general, so I feel like that gives fanfic writers license to be flexible when it comes to those things as well :) Plus, I can actually see Marty there---aside from maybe Brian, Marty is definitely the character most likely to be into geeky fandom conventions...and, coming from me, that's a compliment!

• Love 1

I love how true but adult you make everybody. I love the Baby's name. 

15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well I literally took most of today to finish this and it's kind of long, but I've never learned when to stop rambling. Anyway, here it is. I'll probably also post it to fanfiction.net. So, this is Rory giving birth to Baby Gilmore and the twenty four'ish hours that follow.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8742961

Don't judge too harshly. It's been a while since I've written fanfiction properly.

ETA: And just added the story to fanfiction.net:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12259188/1/welcome-to-the-world-baby

The Wookie's a possibility if Rory gave him her number and they have One night stands here and there. She lives in a fantasy world with Logan so why not with some random Wookie?

12 hours ago, takalotti said:

ASF, you KNOW I'm going to go back and retrace timelines to see how I could adjust them to make the wookie a possibility. 

I'm not sure we're allowed to ask general writing questions here as opposed to recommending specific fics, so please just ignore me if I'm in the wrong place. I'm still new to this site and the fandom community, but you've all been so lovely and welcoming! 

I have countless pages of notes on LL as individual characters and as a couple, vague ideas for scenes, and snippets of dialogue and prose I would love to use somewhere. The primary problem is that I can't seem to plot. I also can't calm down long enough to focus on completing anything I start, but that's another issue, haha. I know that some of you are seasoned veterans by now and was hoping for advice on how you all plot. How do you manage to turn character insights and the general themes you hope to explore into an organized, structured story with a beginning, middle and end? This isn't a particularly plot-heavy show, but I'm thinking that just having a series of conversations taking place between characters with no actual action, conflict and resolution would bore my readers to tears, so I would be very grateful for any advice any of you could offer. Thank you so much!   

22 hours ago, whateverhappened said:

I'm not sure we're allowed to ask general writing questions here as opposed to recommending specific fics, so please just ignore me if I'm in the wrong place. I'm still new to this site and the fandom community, but you've all been so lovely and welcoming! 

I have countless pages of notes on LL as individual characters and as a couple, vague ideas for scenes, and snippets of dialogue and prose I would love to use somewhere. The primary problem is that I can't seem to plot. I also can't calm down long enough to focus on completing anything I start, but that's another issue, haha. I know that some of you are seasoned veterans by now and was hoping for advice on how you all plot. How do you manage to turn character insights and the general themes you hope to explore into an organized, structured story with a beginning, middle and end? This isn't a particularly plot-heavy show, but I'm thinking that just having a series of conversations taking place between characters with no actual action, conflict and resolution would bore my readers to tears, so I would be very grateful for any advice any of you could offer. Thank you so much!   

Most of my fics revolve fixing something I hated in canon, so my plot stems from "man, I hated Luke not getting divorced" and I entertained various options until I had a plot I liked. I do try to twist something in a way that surprises me, an example fails me at the moment. I also sound ideas off other authors. Feel free to PM me on fanfic.net if you want to toss around ideas. 

Also, the simple structure of knowing how I want it to end gives me ideas for the intermediate plot points. I do sometimes ask myself, "what is the challlenge the person is facing here and how will she overcome it?"

• Love 1

Hey with the revival in November it seems like more people are getting on this so I thought I would give this another shot. About a year ago I discovered Variations on a Theme on fanfic and found out it had previously been published on another site that's no longer up. After some searching I discovered someone had saved it and put up a link to the file on this thread but it had expired. I'm hopeful someone here has it and could please reload it or send it to me. I know it's not done but I really want to see where it was going. If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful!!! 

Thanks

Hello there! I've been redirected here ( thanks Mag! ) cause I've been looking for a bunch of fics - many actually - that I lost or never saved during the past 10(?) years, especially after BWR went down. I'm thankful I managed to find again and save a bunch of them thanks to webarchive but not many are available.

Anyway I was wondering if someone, somehow has "For Better for Worse" by EricaBing saved - I know she's on ff.net too but I tried to contact her and failed aha and AH I loved that fic.

Aaaalso the whole "Danes family" saga by Olivia Jane - I never got around to save those and I'd really like to re-read them.

Actually there's more I'm looking for but I'll stick to these now ahah 

Omg I see so many familiar names on here. Love it!

(edited)
4 hours ago, Alyss said:

Hello there! I've been redirected here ( thanks Mag! ) cause I've been looking for a bunch of fics - many actually - that I lost or never saved during the past 10(?) years, especially after BWR went down. I'm thankful I managed to find again and save a bunch of them thanks to webarchive but not many are available.

Anyway I was wondering if someone, somehow has "For Better for Worse" by EricaBing saved - I know she's on ff.net too but I tried to contact her and failed aha and AH I loved that fic.

Aaaalso the whole "Danes family" saga by Olivia Jane - I never got around to save those and I'd really like to re-read them.

Actually there's more I'm looking for but I'll stick to these now ahah 

Omg I see so many familiar names on here. Love it!

Hi, Alyss. Mags told me you may come a calling. I have a link for some of Olivia's fics. She took them off of ff because she had some issues there. Sadly,  State of Grace was lost. But the other Danes Family saga is there. 

Olivia's fics

Look for a drop box for Danes family.

Edited by lulu1960

Hi all. I'm doing a little announcement/pimping for Mags. As some of you may know Mags went from writing fan fiction to having original books published. Her latest book was just released today and her female character is Hope. She's taken Hope from her fan fiction Fallout . If anyone is interested in seeing what Hope's new story is about, check out Mags' book A Bolt From The Blue

• Love 1

Thanks for the pimp, Lulu. I appreciate you!

Hey, gang, I'm getting a lot of questions about finding fic lately, and we all know I've had my head in my books, so I'm sending them here to you, as you are the experts. Take good care of these Java Junkies!

xoxo

Mags

• Love 1

Good news, fanfiction.net users!

If you're willing to use Google Chrome on a PC, there's an extension that allows you to gather all chapters in a story and save them in one file.  (If anyone knows how to do this with Safari, I'd like to hear).

That means you can archive your own multi-chapter stories, or save those beloved stories that you keep going back to over and over again. I know that my published stories have small differences from my originals that I wouldn't mind archiving. 

It does not work on the mobile version.

The name of the extension is FanFiction Story Saver. The link is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fanfiction-story-saver/coodmbdmkpagiecjimfcdjfjecgdnmcm?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog 

• Love 1

I have a question. I am not very familiar with an archive of our own and  am wondering if there is much there that differs from FanFiction? I've read a few from links here and what I've seen seems like duplications. Just looking for something new. My favorite stories are angst-filled LL stories and I'm sure I've found all of them on FanFiction. Thanks in advance for any info.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:34 PM, junienmomo said:

Meags09 made a comprehensive list of jj fanfic, organized by season and episode. The steamy ones are marked, so you can skip them. 

http://meags09.tumblr.com/curatedjjfanfic

On 11/19/2016 at 6:15 PM, meags09 said:

*blushes*

This is amazing and must have taken you forever. It also comes at a perfect time when I thought I was running out of GG stories to read. Apparently, I was wrong. One small request (or maybe not so small considering the size of the archive). Is there any way you could mark * the multi-chapter stories. I'm not that big a fan of the one shots. I prefer a longer story I can really get into. I'd really appreciate if you would consider it. Thanks.

Amollie

Does anybody know the name (a link and author name would be good too) in which Lorelai and Chris are living in NY, and they have essentially adopted Jesswho was being abused by Liz and her boyfriends. They've been disinherited and are barely make ends meet with Lorelai working as a stripper, and Chris just being a jerk with staying at home doing drugs, partying and allegedly having an affair while Lorelai tries to support the family. It's a long story about 60 chapters. Wait, i just remembered it's called The Stripper and the Diner Man. Does anybody have the link to it?

Just be warned it's incomplete after 66 long somewhat harrowing chapters just when it seems to start getting good. Why? Why do you writers do this to us loyal readers. It's so annoying.

• Love 1
On 7/5/2017 at 0:43 PM, junienmomo said:

There are way too many good fics on FanFiction.Net that aren't marked complete, even though they are, or that don't have named characters.

Here's one of those, an LL fic.

Oops, Did We Get Married by Renegade Ace

A great, sweet story. One of my favorites.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10014906/1/Oops-Did-We-Get-Married

Thanks for the recommendation, Junienomo, I loved it!

There are a couple of unfinished ones that I sure hope the talented authors finish...meags09 and KnightinShiningFlannel!

18 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Thanks for the recommendation, Junienomo, I loved it!

There are a couple of unfinished ones that I sure hope the talented authors finish...meags09 and KnightinShiningFlannel!

They are both still active, so there's plenty to hope for. 

In the meantime, savvyliterate is overwhelming me with every story she posts. Fabulous emotions and characterizations.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

They are both still active, so there's plenty to hope for. 

In the meantime, savvyliterate is overwhelming me with every story she posts. Fabulous emotions and characterizations.

Oh yes! A Heart so Hollow is wonderful!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, junienmomo said:

On the up side of the mixed-reception that the revival received, it has spawned so many Rogan or literati fics that the oddly-high number of Troy fics has receded.

savvyliterate just posted a fun one shot about bald eagles. Already Standing on the Ground.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12563843/1/

I think we still need more L&L!

I enjoyed savvyliterate latest and I hope she plans to continue A Heart so Hollow too.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, junienmomo said:

On the up side of the mixed-reception that the revival received, it has spawned so many Rogan or literati fics that the oddly-high number of Troy fics has receded.

I've noticed this. It's sad, but I understand disinterest in pairing Tristan with Rory anymore. She's terrible, I was having great difficulty writing her romantically a few years ago already, before the revival mess. I paired him post-AYITL with Paris instead, finding her bizarre freak out over his stand-in weirdly intriguing, and the only thing in the revival to inspire me. 

Oh, up side. As in Trory is finally a dying breed, yay! . . .  : ( 

Edited by nclpllm
  • Love 1

Thank you!! I've been working on The Gilmore Twins at the moment and I'm really enjoying writing it. It's about Rory and Charlotte who are the daughters of Lorelai. It's a javajunkie as well and I pair Charlotte with Jess. Would love to know what you all think! ?

Pimp Alert. Pimp Alert...I've got two post AYITL ROGAN fics going. One is from Logan's POV "Inside the Monkey Habitat" which looks to be ginormous. I'm a bit addicted to writing the characters. The other is from Rory's POV -"Written in the Stars" which is more episodic with intermittent updates. They are on both FANFIC and Ao3. I only recently started posting to Ao3.  I think it's awesome. It's so much easier to edit. You can insert photos (at least Dollsome can; I haven't figured it out) and you can download PDFs of the stories! Never lose your faves again! I haven't been on Previously since I stopped hatewatching "The Blacklist" and gave up on TWD. A random Alert inspired this drop-in. Happy reading. 

I need some fic recommendations. I'm writing an AU futurefic, my version of the 'Rory got pregnant before finishing college' premise; I alter the end of S5 to reduce contrivances. For my purposes, I've chosen to keep Luke/Lorelai broken up after Wedding Bell Blues, and even more drastically, he keeps his word about leaving if they break up. At my story start he'll be returning, it's 17 years later because that's how old I want Lorelai IV to be. 

It's Gilmore girls centric, but Luke/Lorelai will be subplot. I've never written them as a developing couple, and I don't read L/L centered fics. Can anyone point me in the direction of good fics that has them working toward reconciliation? I could use some examples.  

• Love 1
21 hours ago, nclpllm said:

I need some fic recommendations. I'm writing an AU futurefic, my version of the 'Rory got pregnant before finishing college' premise; I alter the end of S5 to reduce contrivances. For my purposes, I've chosen to keep Luke/Lorelai broken up after Wedding Bell Blues, and even more drastically, he keeps his word about leaving if they break up. At my story start he'll be returning, it's 17 years later because that's how old I want Lorelai IV to be. 

It's Gilmore girls centric, but Luke/Lorelai will be subplot. I've never written them as a developing couple, and I don't read L/L centered fics. Can anyone point me in the direction of good fics that has them working toward reconciliation? I could use some examples.  

I only read LL fics and there is one called "It Was Never Uncomplicated"https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2951568/1/It-Was-Never-Uncomplicated by buckice that has them finding each other 15 years after Partings. Loved it.  "Time Heals" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7725549/1/Time-Heals by DeepFriedCake is a favorite of mine too.  A more recent one by Meags09 is "Becoming Ava Gardner" https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12154924/1/Becoming-Ava-Gardner is also awesome.  I could recommend many more but these seem like more of what you are looking for; there are many reconciliation fics but these are them getting back together years later and complete.  Good luck and happy writing!

Edited by FictionLover

Thanks! You know, I actually did read that last one, Becoming Ava Gardner, when the revival was coming. She obviously gave the backstory way more thought than ASP. Then again, most of us do. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, nclpllm said:

Thanks! You know, I actually did read that last one, Becoming Ava Gardner, when the revival was coming. She obviously gave the backstory way more thought than ASP. Then again, most of us do. 

Meags is an awesome author. Let me know what you think of the others.

I hate when fanfic is degraded by the public at large because it's so immensely valuable. It provides hours of free entertainment, it fills gaping holes and mends the mistakes that trouble viewers, and it ensures that our favorite characters and settings will stay alive forever. 

I couldn't tell most people in real life that I'm in my mid-40s and working on my first fanfic, so I'm telling you all here :) It focuses on Rory and Jess, but Luke and Lorelai will make their presence known as well. Congratulations to all of the accomplished fic writers here. I am seriously inspired by you! 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, AsYouWish said:

I couldn't tell most people in real life that I'm in my mid-40s and working on my first fanfic, so I'm telling you all here :)

I hear you. I don't tell anyone either, afraid they won't understand. Plus I've gotten pretty fringey, with tertiary centered fics. It was a wonderful discovery, to find out that lots of people keep thinking about characters and take the time to share their work with everyone. For free! 

• Love 2

Most of the fanfic I'm reading these days dates back quite a few years, but I'm wondering if some of you writer's had your creative spark lit by AYITL, and I'd like to post a challenge - write stories about what happened between Luke and Lorelai's liplock in Bon Voyage and AYITL.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, Amollie said:

Most of the fanfic I'm reading these days dates back quite a few years, but I'm wondering if some of you writer's had your creative spark lit by AYITL, and I'd like to post a challenge - write stories about what happened between Luke and Lorelai's liplock in Bon Voyage and AYITL.

I hope to find many angstisty LL fics from your challenge! So many Rory stories that don’t interest me at all. 

On 8/31/2017 at 6:27 PM, nclpllm said:

I hear you. I don't tell anyone either, afraid they won't understand. Plus I've gotten pretty fringey, with tertiary centered fics. It was a wonderful discovery, to find out that lots of people keep thinking about characters and take the time to share their work with everyone. For free! 

I don’t even tell people I read them and I’m older than you!

Challenge accepted! Just don't expect it to be of especially high quality :-) 

s wonderful 's marvelous is churning out a chapter a week on her futurefic, Don't Let Me Slide. It's one of the few Tory WIPs out there, and it's really high quality. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11564947/1/Don-t-Let-Me-Slide

I don’t even tell people I read them and I’m older than you!

I once left a rough draft of a chapter I was writing sit on my desk in college. A couple friends came in and one of them saw my typed page and asked what it was and said she wanted to read my story. I almost died of embarrassment. I panicked for the rest of the day, worried I'd have to explain. Luckily, they never asked about it again.  They must have either noticed I was super embarrassed and decided not to ask or forgot. I hope they forgot.