Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Wasn't that just the best story by Eledgy? I may have to read it about a dozen more times, just for the Jess/Luke section, if nothing else!

And here's a wonderful way to ring in the New Year! CoffeeDrinker has updated The Past in the Present, definitely one of my favorite stories!

Chapter 6

Thanks for the holiday treats!

• Love 1

Junie just mentioned a Jess/Patty pairing in another thread. So of course now I'm compelled to know: which odd/non-canon pairings have you ended up enjoying, and why?!

I've started writing roughly 12 million fanfics but am determined to finally finish one or two of them, so thank you to the talented and dedicated writers on this thread for the inspiration!  Did I ever tell you guys that you're my hero?! (Don't worry---unlike Lorelai, I won't subject you to my singing!) 

• Love 1

Nice to see you back on the fanfic thread, ASF!  And we can't wait to read your finished effort---write! write! write!  :-)

I've been horribly remiss (and sick, and back at work...) by not pimping DFC's latest update to A Year in the Hollow... Chapter 13, A Tale of Two Eves.

With 5 months still to go in the story, she's cranked up the angst factor--but who does angst with an eventual happy ending better than our Cake? Nobody!

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1
And we can't wait to read your finished effort---write! write! write!  :-)

I just love you. Your write, write, write is just the support and encouragement I need...and reminds me happily of coffee, coffee, coffee! The fact that it comes from one of my favorite authors makes it all the more inspiring! 

• Love 1

To ASF and anyone not publishing yet:

Finish one. Anything. Stop at a logical point and call it chapter 1.

Just get it out there and you'll feel free, you'll be able to do more. 

Re: my Jess/Patty pairing:

It started with a little thing in the diner, but by chapter 7, they're practically best friends, and I've got an idea for a future chapter that I'm very excited about.

Link is Relationship Renaissance

There's one M-rated (search for it in ff) chapter in which I delve lightly into Jess' past, and I think I'll have to look into it more as he progresses in this story.

• Love 2

I just love you. Your write, write, write is just the support and encouragement I need...and reminds me happily of coffee, coffee, coffee! The fact that it comes from one of my favorite authors makes it all the more inspiring!

I think I stole the "write write write" from DFC---either way, glad you find it supportive as opposed to annoying! :-)

Of course, all encouragement to write is in part selfish: more to read = more GG fun!

• Love 1

I have no claim to 'write, write, write.' LOL. My advice would be to write a story that makes you happy. There's no guarantee that anyone else is going to read it, or review it, or 'get' what you're trying to say, so it's crucial that YOU are getting joy out of the writing alone.

Speaking of joy, I found a story that made me chair-dance, it's so well-done!

My Ernest to Your Fountain Head, by citigirl13. It's Rory/Jess, but it's so good I don't even care.

Also, Iscah McKrae updated EverFixed Mark.

• Love 3

Juniemomo's fantastic new fanfic, a creative and insightful reimagining of That Damn Donna Reed, is now posted! It includes everything you liked about that episode, nothing you didn't, and her own incomparable spin on exactly what Lorelai and Luke were thinking...and what they should have been doing :) Her version of this episode tops the one we saw on screen and sends things in a VERY interesting direction! Enjoy this sensational mid-week treat!!! 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10971218/1/

• Love 1

Our brilliant Junie has TWO more phenomenal chapters ready for us to devour. The first is from Bon Voyage Book, and when I tell you it's entitled "The Mother in Law," you know you're getting some priceless scenes between Luke and Emily :) It's heartwarming, witty and a phenomenal mood boost.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10803236/14/Bon-Voyage-Book

The second is the second chapter of A Really Nice Man, brilliantly expounding on the events of That Damn Donna Reed. She accomplishes a heretofore impossible feat here by making me genuinely LIKE a Dean scene :) Check it out to see why!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10971218/2/A-Really-Nice-Man

I just finished re-reading CoffeeDrinker's   It's Right There. I've been reviewing but right now they are having issues with the network so my reviews for the last three chapters didn't go through. I figured I'd say a little something here.

Let me just say how much I have enjoyed re-reading this. It not only brought back the memories of reading, (this was my first fanfic), into the early hours of the morning because I couldn't wait to see what you had in store for them. And reading it again now was nice because while the series finale was good we really didn't get the ending from the show that we wanted. I know your fic took place in an earlier time then the finale (Rory having just finished HS), but It was still nice to see what could have been. Thanks again.

Edited by lulu1960

Junie added Chapter 3 to her story A Really Nice Man a few days back!

New author, new story alert!  Lgsparkles posted the first of hopefully 22 chapters of her take on a season 8 story, called, appropriately, Eight. Very promising start, plus I love both her* author's note and author name. Check it out!

(*I always presume it's a woman unless indicated otherwise...)

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1

Valentine's Day treat from DFC!  Chapter 15 of A Year in the Hollow, Baskets Full of Worrries.

To me, it was actually a little less angsty than some of the recent chapters, in spite of that chapter title! It's full of all sorts of lovely humorous, sweet moments--classic DFC, and perfect for this holiday.  <3

Edited by eledgy
(edited)

Happy April!  The April snow shower here in NY last night was snow, not rain..but at least it brought something good! A lovely, funny, heartening one-shot from deepfriedcakeThe Truth is out There

And from the 'better late than never' annals, she posted Chapter 16 of A Year in the Hollow:  Marching Toward Happiness a ways back and I never pimped it! Bad beta...

Edited by eledgy

Question: does anyone have or know anyone who has saved "Variation in Theme" by Kinofille saved on their computer? Only three chapters are posted on ff.net and, although uncompleted, 16 chapters was posted on BWR, but the site doesn't work.

::raises hand and waves::

I do! I do! As you mentioned in another post fic readers in The X-Files fandom could be pretty dedicated when it came to saving favorite fics on their personal hard drives. XF was my first online fandom back in 2000 and my college laptop had a huge number for fics saved for offline reading. The fact that all fics in that fandom had to be formatted as a text file made saving super easy. Fast forward to 2010 when I finally got the Gilmore Girls complete series on DVD and was able to watch the seasons I'd missed.  That's when I became obsessed with GG fic. I started saving some of my favorite stories in this fandom off of BWR and FFN. I eventually wandered away to other fandoms but the Netflix launch of the series brought me back. I revisited my old links and was saddened to discover that BWR and of course TWoP (where I got most of my recs) were no more.  Thank goodness for my stash of saved fic. 

"Variation on a Theme' by KinoFille is among my collection. I've uploaded the first 17 chapters to Sendspace. I got it off of BWR so the HTML format didn't translate too well into text format. It's still readable but there's some funky symbols sprinkled throughout.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/uer06l

The link will eventually expire after 30 days.

Happy reading!

• Love 3

::raises hand and waves::

Oh wow, Abby! That makes my night, my week, my year!

Thank you so much for saving and sharing-- I thought all hope was lost on ever being able to read that again. BWR died just as I started writing my monster fic that was inspired by Kinofile's Variations.

Happy dance-- though now I'm wondering if I should wait to read it again until I finish mine, as I've been flying blind for ages now.....

Nice dilemma that I never thought I'd have! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Abby82, I'm going to throw it out there to see if you have State of Grace. Olivia Jane wrote it. Sadly she lost it when the computer it was on crashed. She also wrote Danes Family Rules and a lot of others.If you have any of hers saved can you let me know?

I have been missing Gilmore Girls so much, so it's been great to come to this forum and find out that so many of my favorite writers from BWR are still writing! I loved that site, and you guys are amazing writers! I have had a wonderful time this past week catching up with all your amazing stories! I have never written a story in my life, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your work.

Question, since it's been years since I was reading regularly I would love some great recommendations. I love long stories, primarily Luke and Lorelei, and if they are completed that would be great. Thank you all so much for keeping Stars Hollow alive!