Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Hello GG peeps! I'm here to let you know that Luke and Lorelai, at least the Luke and Lorelai that live in fanfic, are having a lovely day! Multiple entries today and prior to today in the ever-growing wealth of lovely, funny, angsty, often 'fixing what went astray' stories we have about these two.  A round up of just some of what's been added lately:

A sweet and funny Valentine's Day one-shot: Be My Mountain Man by Kennagirl. This is her first story in the GG 'verse, encourage her with a review so maybe she'll stay!

Ah, the fixers, god bless their fic-writing souls:  

Deepfriedcake takes on R&R in a one shot: The Lorelais' First Night at the Dragonfly. More Rory/Lorelai than Lorelai/Luke, but with happy results for everyone ... except maybe Dean?  

Junienmomo wades into the always murky waters of season 6 with a new story, Child Support. Four chapters up in one  day! I've only read the first, but Rory seems key here again---a little wiser and more focused on her Mom and Luke than in the show, which seems a good thing so far....

Brittaden updated a few days ago, Chapter 17 of Piecing us Back Together, which also focuses on season 6, then into season 7, with much happier results than in the show, at least for the Luke and Lorelai fan. 

Handful of Barbie, another new and great GG author, is up to Chapter 8 of Reconciling, which begins with the kiss in Bon Voyage and goes from there, building what seems to be a much stronger foundation  for L and L's post-series life. (Hurry and read it before we get new canon from ASP!)  

And last (for now) but definitely not least, DSLeo finished Luke Danes, Babysitter, posting Chapter 6 earlier today. It's a pre-series AU, wacky and serious and sweet and angsty in equal measure. 

Edited by eledgy

I am completely new to fan fiction in general, and would like to get my reading started with a GG story. Do you have any recommendations for where I should start? I am overwhelmed! I have read these 5 pages and am almost done Variations in the Key of Luke. I have really enjoyed it, and am looking for something completely different for my next read, to keep it fresh :)

Rainbow, 

All recommendations here can be found of ff dot net. I just heard today of AO3, so I have to check it out. Yay! More fanfic!

1. First scroll up and check out the recommendations of stories by oh-no-she-di'ent. She has 63 stories posted, so the recommendations will help you. 
  2. Second, deepfriedcake. Try Chicken Little  or Cotton Candy, two of my personal faves
  3. Mag68: Try Mutually Beneficial or Good at Dating, which starts a series
  4. Jmaka: go to her fiction page and read the Stars Hollow Trivia stories - great fun

There's no way I can list more favorites without overwhelming you, but my list of favorite authors and favorite stories on ff dot net is extensive, with several hundred authors and over a thousand stories. I've been nurturing it as I read through all the Luke/Lorelai fanfic on that site. Yeah, you're right, kind of obsessive. Oh well, it's a cheap hobby.

junienmomo's favorite stories and authors

• Love 1

Second, deepfriedcake. Try Chicken Little  or Cotton Candy, two of my personal faves

Mag68: Try Mutually Beneficial or Good at Dating, which starts a series

Jmaka: go to her fiction page and read the Stars Hollow Trivia stories - great fun

Great recommendations, Junie-- I second them wholeheartedly. I often pair Cotton Candy and Mutually Beneficial in my mind and in my re-reading. Cotton Candy is lighter, Mutually Beneficial darker and angstier, but I love the way dfc and mags each masterfully moves backward and forward in time, looping you more and more into the the story with each pass, filling in the details, building to the satisfying conclusion.  Two great GG authors at the top of their form---and then there are the dozen more stories from each of them, all also great, each in its own way!  

I've been nurturing it as I read through all the Luke/Lorelai fanfic on that site. Yeah, you're right, kind of obsessive. Oh well, it's a cheap hobby.

Having recently finished a massive re-read of much of the L/L stuff, with your author's list as my guide, I say thank you, and hello fellow obsessive! Or as we used to say in another forum for another show, focused. So much nicer than obsessed.  And yes, it is a cheap habit, I love that point!

Another author that was around in the heyday of GG fanfic and actually was part of the BWR website is sosmitten. Her stuff was some of my favorites.

Also if you look at her favorite authors list you'll find a lot of the fanfic's favorite authors from the "good old days"

Edited by lulu1960

I agree with all of the above stories as well, deepfriedcake and Mag68 don't have a bad story but Time Heals and the Night I Found Your Father are my DFC favorite and Mutually Beneficial is my Mags favorite. As another Luke and Lorelai fiction lover I will list some of my favorites from some other authors that we don't hear as much about. I do enjoy the angst with a happy ending.

Bonfires and Mots by KellyKelly08

Chasing Cars by lukedanesloverr

It Was Never Uncomplicated by Buckice

The Dance by Serna Rae

Luke's Dark Year by Katelai

The Cedar Chest by AliseAndrews

A Happy Conclusion by SillyThingsDoCeaseToBeSilly

Touch by roomsbytheresa

Hope you like them too. I find myself in good company with this "cheap hobby"!

• Love 1

Thanks for this list. I'd missed some.

I started with Sena Rae's The Dance and was completely blown away. Such a beautiful story. 

Now it's off to the rest to see what else I may have missed.

I agree with all of the above stories as well, deepfriedcake and Mag68 don't have a bad story but Time Heals and the Night I Found Your Father are my DFC favorite and Mutually Beneficial is my Mags favorite. As another Luke and Lorelai fiction lover I will list some of my favorites from some other authors that we don't hear as much about. I do enjoy the angst with a happy ending.
Bonfires and Mots by KellyKelly08
Chasing Cars by lukedanesloverr
It Was Never Uncomplicated by Buckice
The Dance by Serna Rae
Luke's Dark Year by Katelai
The Cedar Chest by AliseAndrews
A Happy Conclusion by SillyThingsDoCeaseToBeSilly
Touch by roomsbytheresa

Hope you like them too. I find myself in good company with this "cheap hobby"!

I'm glad you liked The Dance. I loved it too! I enjoy digging through the archives and finding these gems. The Cedar Chest is really different, it follows some of the story line but is mostly AU. Emily has passed away and Lorelai finds a box full of letters and pictures that reveals why Emily was such a cold and stiff person. It will pull at your heart strings.

• Love 1

Is there anyway I could listen to a fan fiction? Like an audiobook? Preferably one that would ship Rory with either Tristan or Logan.

It's remarkably easy with the iPad.

In the iPad's safari browser, I open a story.

Then I choose Reader View and only the text of the story is on the page.

Using the iPad Voiceover feature, it reads the story to me.

Sometimes I save the file as a PDFs and do the same in iBooks.

Can this be done on an iPhone?  That would be great at the gym!

Yeah can this be done on the iPhone or mac?

or what about the mac?

Yeah can this be done on the iPhone or mac?

or what about the mac?

Yes, apparently.

Keep in mind, though, that it's a computer voice, and won't sound like an audio book with a live actor.

Google voiceover iPhone and you should find out how.

It takes a while to learn how to control the reading.

We're having a Gilmore Girls Ficathon!

Theme is Enscotched, in honor of Sookie's fabulous performance in A Deep-Fried Thanksgiving.

Rules are simple:

• Write a story or a chapter in your current work
  • Have at least one character be Enscotched (Tipsy, drunk, not quite sober, ...)
  • Add an Author's note that you're participating in the Enscotched Ficathon
  • Ficathon ends March 31, 2016

I will track updates and add your pen name and story name as I find them

So far we have contributions from DSLeo and HandFullofBarbie, but more are coming. 

PM me if you have any questions or if you think I might have accidentally overlooked your contribution.

Link to the list: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11813388/1/Enscotched-A-Gilmore-Girls-Ficathon 

Sookie in ADFT: 

enscotched.jpg

• Love 2

Update 13 March - Skinfull's story is complete, all 18 chapters. For those of you who love competed fics, she does too, which is why she uploaded it all this weekend.

An AU fic for Luke and Lorelai is from Skinfull, author of Carpe'ing the Diem and other GG fics.

Welcome to Stars Hollow begins with a childless Lorelai arriving in SH to start a job at the Independence Inn.

There is a parking problem during which we encounter Luke and his 14 year old daughter, Ellie.

Hijinks and smut ensue. This is M rated, folks.

Four chapters so far.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11828240/1/Welcome-to-Stars-Hollow

Edited by junienmomo

You get way behind in your fanfic reading, then discover the wonderful A Year/A Wedding in the Hollow, by the amazing deepfriedcake, and you think, "oh, I have so much glorious reading to look forward to." Then you do nothing but revel in these delightful stories, and before you know it, the chapter list doesn't go any higher! ):  Dearest DFC, any chance there may be an update on L&L's wedding plans anytime soon?

• Love 2

Hey everyone! Just signed up to this forum but saw this one about fanfiction and since I'm on it constantly, I thought I'd share my thoughts too! By the way, thanks for the shout out to my stories before. :)

I'd really recommend Brother, Brother by niazn. It's about Luke taking in Jess who is 15 and his brother Jason who's 17. It's really good seeing Luke adapt to having two teenagers and also seeing Jason and Jess gradually warm to Luke.

Lots of updates to fanfiction in the last day or so. Here's a rundown.

The Danes Boys by DC Nixon. Jess has returned from his sudden trip and big things happen with Lorelai and Luke.

Piecing Us Back Together by brittaden. This reconciliation fic has lots of new family detail with Luke, Lorelai and April living together in the Crap Shack.

Our Little Family by Natalie122333. The two youngest children are making their decisions while Luke and Lorelai look forward to their future.

Once Upon a Gilmore by Ultrawoman. This fairy-tale structured story has added a new twist to the curse that Rory is threatened by. You won't believe who is going to cast the spell. 

Finally, and greatly, Reconciling by Handful of Barbie is COMPLETE!  This reconciliation fic, which focused on a boat trip, has a delightful surprise ending.

Thanks for sharing...this hasn't showed up as on fanfiction for me...weird.

Hey, fictionlover, do you know about filters?  M rated stories don't show up in the general feed, you need to change the filters (scroll down to bottom of GG story page) to M to see them.  If it's not that I'm not sure why else it's not showing up.... but ff can be mysterious!

Edited by eledgy

Hey, fictionlover, do you know about filters?  M rated stories don't show up in the general feed, you need to change the filters (scroll down to bottom of GG story page) to M to see them.  If it's not that I'm not sure why else it's not showing up.... but ff can be mysterious!

Thanks, eledgy.  I did discover it was the filters.  I thought it had to be something in my account settings.

DSLeo soothed my soul overnight with a revival-oriented update to her GG satire which mocks "The Winthrop Women."

No GG revival spoilers, but plenty of Danes and Gilmore fun as only DSLeo can write it.

"What Was That?" By DSLeo

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11892034/1/What-Was-That

Omg. I just read this trilogy in one sitting and loved it. I told the author I wish they'd been script supervisor on the show, bringing up things I had never even considered before as far as character inconsistencies. And now... I am a fan of fan fiction, it definitely helps the pain. Edited by lgold
  • Love 1

More new fanfic

Memory by Kiefercarlos. A one-shot of the L's organizing their life together by cleaning out the garage.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11924083/1/Memory 

The Mom Code and Snapshots by darthelwig

First one is about Lorelai and Lane (rare!) and the second one are Luke's thoughts by episode (this one not complete)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11923835/1/The-Mom-Code 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11923815/1/Snapshots 

Does anyone remember a fic from BW&R titled What She Keeps?  Can't recall the author but each chapter was Lorelai pulling a random photo from a box and remembering exactly what was happening in her life when it was taken.....happy and very sad too.

• Love 1

Magalla - Yes, yes, yes! I love that story! I thought Avery was the author, and I was correct. This is the link to the internet archive, but of course, you can't read more than the first chapter. https://web.archive.org/web/20101122154518/http://gilmore-fiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=3027

My fave of hers is "The Nows and the Nevers" but I also love "The Last Stupid Boy Thing." Sigh. I miss BWR so much.

As far as I can tell, she never posted at FF. If anyone knows someplace where her writing is available, please let us know. I haven't checked AO3.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Yes! There are too many fics which don't get communicated.. Many authors don't have anyone "pimping" them. 

Thanks!! :D Mine's called Lost and Found. It's about Lorelai finding Rory after 7 years of searching after her parents gave her away without Lorelai knowing. :)

18 hours ago, deepfriedcake said:

Magalla - Yes, yes, yes! I love that story! I thought Avery was the author, and I was correct. This is the link to the internet archive, but of course, you can't read more than the first chapter. https://web.archive.org/web/20101122154518/http://gilmore-fiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=3027

My fave of hers is "The Nows and the Nevers" but I also love "The Last Stupid Boy Thing." Sigh. I miss BWR so much.

As far as I can tell, she never posted at FF. If anyone knows someplace where her writing is available, please let us know. I haven't checked AO3.

Thank you.....one of my all time faves, as are ALL of yours.