Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

On 6/23/2020 at 11:13 AM, deepfriedcake said:

Let's see if I still remember how to do this...

Eledgy has been a busy lady! (Which makes us readers extremely happy!)

Variations in the Key of Luke has a beautiful epilogue to savor.

Four Out of Five Agree is a new, perfectly fluffy story to enjoy!

Make sure to drop her a line after you read this awesomeness!

Both are wonderful!  And I am loving your new story as well!  Check out More than a Memory!  So much reading goodness!

• Love 1

Edited to add - never mind. It was there for a bit, now it's gone again. Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Hello, anyone out there!

FF is having some sort of major problem. I made the mistake of updating "More Than a Memory" yesterday and the chapter is not showing up, although I guess notices went out about it. I've been getting all sorts of PMs and messages about it, and of course, there's nothing I can do to fix it! What I have done is to copy the entire chapter to my profile page at FF, and that seems to have worked. So if you're desperate, fingers crossed you can read it there. 

GRRR. I AM SO STRESSED OUT. This was supposed to be a happy, good thing, and instead it's just another irritation. Thanks for hanging in there! Let me know if it did work and you're able to read it.

Take care and stay safe, everyone!

Edited by deepfriedcake
added more info
4 hours ago, deepfriedcake said:

Edited to add - never mind. It was there for a bit, now it's gone again. Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Hello, anyone out there!

FF is having some sort of major problem. I made the mistake of updating "More Than a Memory" yesterday and the chapter is not showing up, although I guess notices went out about it. I've been getting all sorts of PMs and messages about it, and of course, there's nothing I can do to fix it! What I have done is to copy the entire chapter to my profile page at FF, and that seems to have worked. So if you're desperate, fingers crossed you can read it there. 

GRRR. I AM SO STRESSED OUT. This was supposed to be a happy, good thing, and instead it's just another irritation. Thanks for hanging in there! Let me know if it did work and you're able to read it.

Take care and stay safe, everyone!

I just checked and it's not there. Have you tried Ao3 as a backup? I put several of my stories there just to be sure. 
So sorry you're having issues. Loving the story.

Whatever the issue was, it seems to have been resolved. Chapter 9 is now up and readable! One thing learned is that the FF app still worked even as the website was stuck in limbo, so FYI in case it happens again.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, junienmomo said:

I just checked and it's not there. Have you tried Ao3 as a backup? I put several of my stories there just to be sure. 
So sorry you're having issues. Loving the story.

Junie, I've never posted at Ao3. I went over to make an account when they first began, and found out someone else had already claimed deepfriedcake! I mean, how dare they?!?! I settled on therealdeepfriedcake, but never did anything more. At the time I was still trying to bring my stuff over from BWR to FF, and the idea of transferring everything to yet another site exhausted me. But it's a good idea to have backup. Guess that's what I should do in my spare time! 

• Love 2
On 11/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, deepfriedcake said:

Junie, I've never posted at Ao3. I went over to make an account when they first began, and found out someone else had already claimed deepfriedcake! I mean, how dare they?!?! I settled on therealdeepfriedcake, but never did anything more. At the time I was still trying to bring my stuff over from BWR to FF, and the idea of transferring everything to yet another site exhausted me. But it's a good idea to have backup. Guess that's what I should do in my spare time! 

I do recommend using AO3 as an archive, although I know from experience what a pain it is to transfer everything across. It is a much more stable platform, run by fans for fans. There's no advertising, which is a big bonus, and the tag system is really sophisticated, making it so much easier to filter a search for what you both do and don't want to see. There are features for grouping stories as a collection or series. You can download in a variety of formats if you wish to read on another device such as an e-book reader. You can link to related works and create a work as a gift for someone else. As archives go, it is so much more elegant and user-friendly than ff.net and I thoroughly recommend it (that despite not having completed and posted fic of any kind in over two years...).

• Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, deepfriedcake said:

Whatever the issue was, it seems to have been resolved. Chapter 9 is now up and readable! One thing learned is that the FF app still worked even as the website was stuck in limbo, so FYI in case it happens again.

I'm so grateful for your writing, and that you are still so creative and providing us die hard fans such great stories!  Eledgy as well!  You two totally ROCK!

• Love 1

Hi! Is anyone still around? Just consider this a PSA. I posted a new story at FF last week and was shocked to learn that the whole email system for alerts has changed. (My own fault, it's been so long since I've been there.) Anyway, you now need to "opt-in" for emails, and you need to update it every 6 months. The other thing that I learned is that the PMs from the FF site and those coming from the app are completely different. So if you messaged me from the app, I just saw those a few days ago! (Surprise!)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I hope to have another new story up within a week or so...and there should be more coming! Miss you guys!

• Love 2
On 12/1/2022 at 3:12 AM, eledgy said:

:::waves hello:::

It's been so long I didn't even know what DFC was talking about when she said she posted to Primetimer! Lovely to see some familiar names here, how've you been, Junie?

Doing fine, thanks, Eledgy. 
Corona was not too bad for us, primarily due to me being an introvert. It was really easy to not go out and reduce risk. 

Started working on a S6 story in which LL meet April at the same time, but it was too big a project. I'm looking for more ideas like Lorelai's Independence Day - an upbeat one shot. Haven't found one yet, mostly because I'm way too serious.

I have been listening to Scott Patterson's "I am all in" podcast. Just finished listening to the commentary for the last of the season 3 episodes. Lots of fun. 

Remember the Jess spin-off? Scott interviewed Rob Estes. He added some depth to the Here Comes the Son work. 
The most interesting part is that Rob recalled that they did get an offer to make some small number of episodes, but Amy turned it down because she wanted more episodes. 
Talk about "full circle." The season 6 scorched earth by the Palladinos, but she scuttled Jess' spin-off for the same reason.

• Love 1

Doing fine, thanks, Eledgy. 
Corona was not too bad for us, primarily due to me being an introvert. It was really easy to not go out and reduce risk. 

I'm glad to hear that Junie! And that you're actively seeking inspiration, would love to see a new story from you. :-)

I have not taken the leap to listen to SP's podcast. I'm always nervous that he will end up with egg on his face ... so I'm glad to hear you're finding it fun. And, very ironic about the Jess spin off...

So DeepFriedCake and I simultaneously posted Rory-centric stories today at ff.net. Hers is amazing -- no shock there -- full of moving, funny dialogue, and such a great restoration of the Rory order. Go check it out:  Rory Saves Herself. Consider leaving a review, then come back here and say hello! 

Let's do a round up of favorite GG Christmas stories! I'm looking forward to some nostalgic holiday reading.

My all-time Christmas fave is Mag's Twelve Days. I read it at least twice every December, and have to physically restrain myself from reading it at other times of the year as well. It may well be my favorite of all her stories -- is that blasphemous? It's so perfectly constructed and paced. I just love it.

The other one that springs right to mind is DeepFriedCake's The Lorelais' First Christmas in Star-Crossed , a holiday gem of a prequel to Star-Crossed, Colorado. It perfectly captures the fragility of Lorelai's and Rory's flight and the beautiful sanctuary of the small town where they land in this version of Gilmore Girls. Love her version of a younger baby-bonding Luke.

I'll be back with more as they come back to me, but in the meantime invite you all to chime in with your own faves!

Christmas stories, huh? Give me a minute...

In the meantime, thanks to Eledgy for an early holiday present, her story Turns Out There's a Process, written in her perfect Eledgy style. So very happy your writing drought is over and we get to enter your Stars Hollow world again.

Minute's up! OK, I came up with three:

The Truth, Actually (I was thinking about this while watching the Love, Actually special)

Sugar and Spice, Naughty and Nice (Note: this one is rated M, from the good ol' days when Outtabreath was around.)

Dreaming of Reality by oh-no-she-dien't. (Maybe this one isn't actually Christmas-based, but it always makes me think of a Christmas Carol, and since this is my list, it's on it!)

Another great new story from DeepFriedCake, The O Henry Affair. A holiday gift in and of itself, and fitting into the Christmas story round up in a particular way.

Check it out and consider leaving her the gift of a review -- 10 has become the new bar of successful engagement with the fandom, at least in my mind!

I have a quick Gilmore Girls FanFiction question.  There's an amazing non-linear story written by Sansbear called Dice.  It was posted on both the BWR and Fanfiction.  The Fanfiction version is missing some of its chapters (only 35).  I think the entire story is on BWR, but this site is now defunct.  I was wondering if anyone has insight on how to retrieve the rest of this incredible story.  I realize this is a long-shot, but thought I would give it go.

• Useful 1