Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Hello all. So a few months back I found Variations on a theme by kinofille on fanfic and saw scrolling through the comments that she had posted more of the story on BW&R which unfortunately no longer works. Further searching sent me to this thread and I found that someone had saved it but unfortunately their link had expired by the time I found it. I'm hoping someone else here has it saved and could send me the link? I know it was never finished but I would love to read what there was!! Thanks!!

A huge congratulations to junienmomo! I see that her story, Relationship Renaissance, is now complete. It’s always such an awesome feeling when you finish one! Enjoy, revel, bask in it!

Also, I see that takalotti has another Marty story up, No Duck Soup for You. I’ve always been a huge Marty fan. Well, at least until Season 7…yeah, the less said about that, the better. Anyway, the author’s notes all on their own made me laugh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, deepfriedcake said:

Does anybody know what the problem is with FF right now? I get notices of reviews, but when I check, they're not there. Anyone else encountering this?

Yep, seeing it everywhere over there. It usually takes them a day or two to fix stuff like this. At least authors can read the reviews in email.

On July 17, 2016 at 3:29 PM, deepfriedcake said:

Also, I see that takalotti has another Marty story up, No Duck Soup for You. I’ve always been a huge Marty fan. Well, at least until Season 7…yeah, the less said about that, the better. Anyway, the author’s notes all on their own made me laugh.

Oh wow, thanks for the pimp, DFC!

I happened to find my handwritten draft while cleaning up. No idea how long ago I wrote it, but figured with a little editing it could be a decent one-shot :)

Glad my notes entertained :b

Goodness, we are absolutely swimming in fabulous fanfic right now. I'm just going to throw some titles out here, but this is in no way an exhaustive list. These are just the ones I've noticed recently by authors I know are dependably awesome, or some new titles that drew me in.

Handful of Barbie posted 2 chapters this morning of a new story, Let It Go.

One of my favorite, quirky authors, Musical Redhead, is now exploring The Life and Times of Georgia Hayden in the most satisfying way.

CoffeeDrinker has a complete 3-chapter story posted, Women of Questionable Morals, Revisited.

Here's one that I plan on reading someday when I can handle it: Benefits, by Meags09. I read just enough to know it's going to kill me.

I laughed so much over the third chapter of The Dragonfly Guest Register, by LanieSullivan. That's some damn fine...writing.

If you want to encourage a new author, try Pop Tarts or Mallomars, That is the Question, by Petit97. Sweet title from a sweetie!

PurryCat posted a new chapter of Change of Address.

I know there are more but I ran out of time! Thanks so much to all of you who continue to write and share your ideas with us!

• Love 1

Even though javajunkie beat me to the punch, I wanted to dust off my pimping feather and share the exciting news about the new chapter of Slip of the Tongue. This one takes place during the Ballroom & Biscotti episode. I knew she was going to do one a few days ago. Yay that it is up for all to enjoy.

Edited by lulu1960

hello everyone!!!

i don't know if i am doing this right. well i don't know if i am posting this in the right place, if not let me know...

i have been trying to find some of  fics that were posted on one of my favorite FF site of all times that was black, white and read (gilmore-fiction.net, now long gone i understand). unfortunately only with the wayback machine i can even dream of trying to recover some of them, and i might have salvaged maybe a 10% of LL fics...

however, since i don't know who ran it back then i was counseled to post this here and maybe someone can give me some answers... i am looking for any LL fic actually, smutty, because for the life of me i can't access it via wayback (i had the log in, but it doesn't work, obviously). there were some great ones that unfortunately have not been re-posted on ff.net... and i stupidly had deleted all of them after that horror that was s6 and s7...i don't know if with the revival there is a chance of getting it up and working again at all... i know it is very small chance but still... 

if someone can help me... otherways thank you so much for reading this post! :)

Madisondanes

P.s. i being italian, i  hope you all can understand my english...

Hi all, I'm first getting into fanfiction and wondered if there are any sweet, fluffy L/L stories set sometime in the first couple of seasons? I will read fics set at any time before, during or after the series or even in alternate universes, but the earliest seasons of the show are my favorite. Not too sexually explicit or too angsty, please, but I will read and review anything else! 

I also like Rory and Marty, but I know there may not be any stories written about them.

If anyone here has written anything about the friendship between Rory and Paris, I would love to read that as well. Thank you in advance for any recommendations!  

Hi Blandings.

This fic is one of my absolute favorites. I love the format, I love how the characters sound like they are our characters from the show. It has a very good Rory and Marty storyline as well.

Everything Old is New Again

Hi all, I'm first getting into fanfiction and wondered if there are any sweet, fluffy L/L stories set sometime in the first couple of seasons? I will read fics set at any time before, during or after the series or even in alternate universes, but the earliest seasons of the show are my favorite. Not too sexually explicit or too angsty, please, but I will read and review anything else! 

• Love 1

lulu1960, I just started reading it and already know that it's perfect. I can't believe you found a fic that has Luke/Lorelai and Rory/Marty. I never dreamed that one existed. I really love how accurately the writer captured Gilmore Girls' unique dialogue and the characters' voices. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get fics on my kindle or iphone so that I can read it throughout the day. 

Edited by Blandings
Because exited and existed are not the same word

That is amazing. This show has some of the best fans I've ever seen. 

I'm first getting into fanfic so I think of them as L/L. I just learned thanks to you folks that their relationship is referred to as JJs, Java Junkies. I'm learning so much here already! 

Fanfiction.net has lots of filters you can use. You can pick characters and avoid M rated stories. This may not be enough to find quality JJ stories since there are so many. But you'll be able to find the few R/M stories and weed out the steamy ones this way. 

• Love 1

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get fics on my kindle or iphone so that I can read it throughout the day. 

I read on my phone all the time .. which is probably not a good thing ... but all you have to do is log on to fan fiction.net (or Archive of Our Own) and start searching. 

• Love 1

Did the revival inspire a lot of new fanfic?! I'm now tempted to write a satirical piece on Rory's exes gathering together for an informal support group and advice on moving on ;) And one silver lining to come of Rory showing no romantic interest in Jess and Paris likely divorcing Doyle: My super shameful crackship, Paris/Jess, might just set sail again, if only in my bizarre mind :) I would also love to write a fic about Rory redefining and rediscovering herself both professionally and personally---and doing so without any current love interest :)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, amensisterfriend said:

Did the revival inspire a lot of new fanfic?! I'm now tempted to write a satirical piece on Rory's exes gathering together for an informal support group and advice on moving on ;) And one silver lining to come of Rory showing no romantic interest in Jess and Paris likely divorcing Doyle: My super shameful crackship, Paris/Jess, might just set sail again, if only in my bizarre mind :) I would also love to write a fic about Rory redefining and rediscovering herself both professionally and personally---and doing so without any current love interest :)

There's a lot of new fanfic on the aftermath of Rory's pregnancy on Ao3. A lot of it is the same, though, so reading the slightly different versions of Rory/Logan or Rory/Jess is less fun. There are still some decent fanfics.

I've kind of been inspired to get back into writing fanfic. It's been a few years since I actually wrote and posted something. 

Although I really do love your idea about the Support Group. 

• Love 1

I'm debating writing one focusing on LL as grandparents, but one in where Luke and Lorelai are trying to outdo each other getting the kid to eat the way they would like him (I think we could use a Gilmore Boy) to. It's hard to explain, but I have this idea where Luke sneaks carrots into his lunch after Lorelai is putting in twinkies or something. LOL.

Probably sounds better in my head.

I've written numerous fanfiction pieces, but never for Gilmore Girls. It might be more difficult to execute as there's a very specific voice and I'm not confident I could capture it. 

But maybe I'll give it a go. 

Edited by JaggedLilPill
Because incorrect grammar!
  • Love 4
On 11/29/2016 at 10:09 AM, amensisterfriend said:

Did the revival inspire a lot of new fanfic?! I'm now tempted to write a satirical piece on Rory's exes gathering together for an informal support group and advice on moving on ;)

Ha! I was thinking of doing a one or two shot about Dean's thoughts and feelings after his little meeting with Rory. Just a little more insight into his past and present, family life etc. Since Jess is still in Philly and Dean is in PA I toyed  with the idea of them running into each other and getting to know each other as adults. Not exactly a Rory support group but I thought it might be fitting. 

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 4

But maybe I'll give it a go.

I really hope you do! For what it's worth, I think your idea sounds fantastic. 

I just wrote a one shot about Lorelai, Rory and Luke discussing when to tell the father and other baby plans.

Can we have a link?! I'd love to read it. 

I'm now tempted to write a satirical piece on Rory's exes gathering together for an informal support group and advice on moving on ;)

Ha! I was thinking of doing a one or two shot about Dean's thoughts and feelings after his little meeting with Rory. Just a little more insight into his past and present, family life etc. Since Jess is still in Philly and Dean is in PA I toyed  with the idea of them running into each other and getting to know each other as adults. Not exactly a Rory support group but I thought it might be fitting. 

First of all, this site's quote function officially hates me. More importantly, I really love your idea. This revival made me more interested in Dean than I had been since...well, ever :) And I adore the prospect of he and Jess putting aside their former grudges to bond together on how to get over the woman they both considered their first love. I'd offer to co-write, but let's be real, I'll probably mess it up ;) 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

I really loved that, HeySandyStrange, and tried to explain why in the short but glowing review I left on the website :) I'm already excited to read the rest! 

You guys are inspiring me to try to write about Rory putting herself on the road to redemption. Don't worry---it won't be nearly as heavy or preachy as it sounds :) It will be the most purely selfish piece ever, written primarily so that I can come to terms with this character's many missteps and try to love her again! 

One of the bad things about the revival is it will probably be the end (for the most part) of fics for Java Junkie fans. Those stories were few and far between all the Rory stories as it was. But now the younger fans see Luke and Lorelai happily married, and dare I say, old. But us "seasoned" fans still love their stories. I hope I'm wrong.

But now the younger fans see Luke and Lorelai happily married, and dare I say, old. But us "seasoned" fans still love their stories.

I know plenty of young fans who love LL and plenty of older fans who don't---I really don't think age has much to do with which relationships people feel most invested in. I also don't think the fact that LL are married now would result in fewer fanfics. I personally think there are always plenty of stories left to tell, even/especially about married couples! 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FictionLover said:

One of the bad things about the revival is it will probably be the end (for the most part) of fics for Java Junkie fans...  I hope I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

I also don't think the fact that LL are married now would result in fewer fanfics. I personally think there are always plenty of stories left to tell, even/especially about married couples! 

Interesting questions/speculation.

Since a major, though not only, motivation for fan fic writing is to "fix" what one sees as wrong, my feeling is that we'll see more Luke and Lorelai fics. There are many of us out here who saw A LOT wrong with how Luke and Lorelai were written in the revival. And even if one was happy with their story in the revival, there's certainly plenty of room for various other motivations for stories -- what we didn't see, what was being thought, etc ...

So as a (mostly) LL reader and writer, I'm hopeful!

• Love 2

Since a major, though not only, motivation for fan fic writing is to "fix" what one sees as wrong, my feeling is that we'll see more Luke and Lorelai fics. There are many of us out here who saw A LOT wrong with how Luke and Lorelai were written in the revival.

Ha---IMO, this is the beauty of AS-P's work: it's good enough to generate interest and investment in these characters and their stories while disappointing enough to motivate the fanbase to attempt to fix the many missteps :) 

• Love 4

@HeySandyStrange and @junienmomo, both of your fics are fantastic. I just finished reading both of them. And I signed in to my fanfiction account for the first time in four years!

I'm definitely more than inspired to write a couple of pieces of my own. I'm in the works on a post-labour oneshot about Rory and Baby Gilmore, and I'm thinking of writing a short, three-four chapter story about how Lorelai and Jess got from hating each other to Lorelai blowing him a kiss at the end of Fall. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

@HeySandyStrange and @junienmomo, both of your fics are fantastic. I just finished reading both of them. And I signed in to my fanfiction account for the first time in four years!

I'm definitely more than inspired to write a couple of pieces of my own. I'm in the works on a post-labour oneshot about Rory and Baby Gilmore, and I'm thinking of writing a short, three-four chapter story about how Lorelai and Jess got from hating each other to Lorelai blowing him a kiss at the end of Fall. 

Those sound good, you should link them here when you finish them. :D

• Love 1

Well I literally took most of today to finish this and it's kind of long, but I've never learned when to stop rambling. Anyway, here it is. I'll probably also post it to fanfiction.net. So, this is Rory giving birth to Baby Gilmore and the twenty four'ish hours that follow.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8742961

Don't judge too harshly. It's been a while since I've written fanfiction properly.

ETA: And just added the story to fanfiction.net:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12259188/1/welcome-to-the-world-baby

Edited by Lady Calypso
link addition
  • Love 5