Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: When I Get Out

• Start Topic

(edited)

I wasn't paying full attention: was Mike getting ready to jump into the river when he got the call that Angela had arrested Ghost, or was he just tossing the gun he shot Greg with?

Charlie Murphy looked so frail.

I thought Tasha had some money stashed away?

Not feeling this new AUSA John Mak. I thought the actor was trying too hard to seem like a badass but maybe he was directed to play it that way.

Why would they let Angela anywhere near Ghost's case? She makes decisions according to the moisture level in her panties. Odds are she'll decide she wants James back and do something to mess up the evidence the feds have against him. But not before she sleeps with first chair John-- because of course. Then she'll treat James like she owns him. Ugh, why hasn't somebody killed her?

At the end of last season it seemed to me like they were establishing Jukebox as the new Big Bad but in this opener her role looks like it's been dialed back. James has more immediate problems right now than a psycho gangster NYPD cop who makes Kanan look like a boy scout by comparison.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 11

My coworker said Charlie Murphy looks kinda sick....like he's really thin.  I dont follow him like that so I just took her word for it.

Bringing this over from the media thread. I didn't know Charlie Murphy was sick until I read that he'd died, but seeing him here ... yeah, he looks really thin. This must have been the last thing he did before he passed away.

That was a weird acting choice when Angela filled that wine glass all the way to the top and then let it fall and sat there staring blankly.

I felt for Tasha when she found that necklace. I forgot Angela gave it back. (I'd probably have kept it, I won't lie.)

I don't understand why Tasha and Ghost rent, as rich as they're supposed to be. He mentioned renting in a previous season too and I didn't understand then either. Even if they're supposed to be keeping up appearances and not buying stuff with drug money, a successful nightclub owner wouldn't rent. If I had the choice between renting a penthouse and owning on a lower floor, I'd pick owning.

Keisha's back! She's a better friend than I'd be. Laundering drug money through my business would mean we aren't friends anymore.

2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why would they let Angela anywhere near Ghost's case? She makes decisions according to the moisture level in her panties.

*DEAD* And yeah! As the first chair pointed out, she had relationships with the defendant and the victim. There's no way she won't be called to testify.  Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Mike looked awfully shifty during the bail hearing. Better poker face, Mike.

Lela Loren has great hair. It looks redder this season. I like Jerry Ferrara in this role; looks like we're going to get more of his back story this season.

• Love 6

I hated Angela before but I really hate her now. Rolling up in ghost and Tashas house like that, she really had a lot of nerve. I could feel Tashas anger at that moment. Loved their daughter telling her off!

I really hate that this appears to be Charlie Murphys final roll before his passing. I'd rather remember him telling that (TRUE!) Prince story than as a bitter C.O. taking his anger out on him. I'd like to believe that kind of vitriol is taken out on child molsters and killers in real prisons. 

For some reason I feel like Tommy and Keisha may end up dating, just like I think Angela and the new lawyer  are gonna hook up.(I keep calling him Han from fast and furious lol.)

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Fairlily26 said:

I really hate that this appears to be Charlie Murphys final roll before his passing. I'd rather remember him telling that (TRUE!) Prince story than as a bitter C.O. taking his anger out on him. I'd like to believe that kind of vitriol is taken out on child molsters and killers in real prisons. 

Ghost, as far as all law enforcement is concerned, is a cop killer. He's being treated like a cop killer. I admire Charlie stretching his acting chops towards the end. Find Charlie's episode of Unsung Hollywood on the tvone network. You learn a lot about him. Eddie appears on it too. 

I love how everyone in the beginning had half the information for everything going on. Everyone was getting smacked in the face with info.

Watching the bts after the show with the showrunner. The title of this episode wss very deliberate in order to make you think you know how the bail hearing will go down. And Ghost feels real dumb because way too many people told him to stay away from Angela. He thought he was untouchable when history clearly has told him otherwise.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Ghost, as far as all law enforcement is concerned, is a cop killer. He's being treated like a cop killer. I admire Charlie stretching his acting chops towards the end. Find Charlie's episode of Unsung Hollywood on the tvone network. You learn a lot about him. Eddie appears on it too. 

I love how everyone in the beginning had half the information for everything going on. Everyone was getting smacked in the face with info.

Watching the bts after the show with the showrunner. The title of this episode wss very deliberate in order to make you think you know how the bail hearing will go down. And Ghost feels real dumb because way too many people told him to stay away from Angela. He thought he was untouchable when history clearly has told him otherwise.

I understand why he's acting like that, I just felt a little weird, the last role I remember him being kind of a jerk was in the players club with Terrance Howard. 

I've seen his unsung, I love that show.

I noticed that children actors are also on orange is the new black. Ghost son plays Sophias son and their daughter plays Cindys daughter/ sister.  I think I'm forgetting someone else.

Eta: Angelas sister plays Dayas mother.

Edited by Fairlily26
  • Love 1

I liked this episode. Ghost's choices have finally come home to roost but I would like to see Angela smacked down a peg. Of course she isn't on the level of Ghost but she's so sanctimonious with EVERYTHING as if she was ever on the moral high ground (she wasn't). She was having a sexual relationship with a man she considered a suspect in her case and then fasely accused Greg of sexual harassment (the only guy who wasn't crooked) to protect her shady boyfriend. OF COURSE you can't be on the case dumb ass.

Never mind walking into his wife's home like she's superior to Tasha. It's just ridiculous. 

Kanaan is scaring the shit out of me (in a good way, 50 cent's a better actor than I thought). Tasha is the smartest one in this entire outfit because she's suspects Kanaan is behind this already. Tariq is a dumb ass. This is 2017 (or 2015 on the show), this grown man being obsessed with you isn't ringing any alarm bells? Child predator to say the least??

Tommy didn't murder Keisha (thank goodness), I didn't think he would- these guys do seem to live by a code, you don't involve people who aren't in the life in street business. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

When Tasha went to the vault, what did the note say?  Ghost took the money.  What did he do with it?   

"I'm sorry Tasha, I'll put it (the money) back."

I forgot what he did with the money though, I think it had to do with either Milan or something along those lines.

Edited by Fairlily26
  • Love 1

Don't get me started on the wigs they slap on these women's heads.  Okay, Kanan and his savage crew need to be put down like the gutter crawling, low-life monsters they are.  I'm waiting to see them get some major payback.  The level of backstabbing and jockeying for position is astounding. It's hard to know how any of the players are going to end up.  Tommy still seems to have Tasha's back, cares about the kids and smells a skunk where Dre is concerned.  I'm a bit surprised, but I'm glad he didn't kill Keisha. I think Dre is headed for a really hard fall. Angela needs to die now.  I hope she doesn't think she's walking away from any of this unscathed. I simply cannot stand Tariq.  I hope he learns that lying and hanging out with trash has consequences; the hard way.

• Love 8

Fucking Angela.  Although I was loving all the side eye she was getting from the various CSI agents as Tasha and her daughter were cutting her down.  And did she really think anyone with a working brain would let her anywhere near that case? If she was competent, she would have immediately recused herself; but no, she has to be all up in everything front and center.  I can't wait for her to get in front of a judge with that shit.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Great episode! I hope Tommy and Dre get straight and Dre survives.

I don't remember which episode it is where Keisha was in danger and Tommy saved her. Maybe I missed while multitasking ...

EPISODE 8 OF SEASON 3 - Tommy walked into her shop, but you never found out what happened until now.

How do the Feds even have a case when their lead prosecutor is banging the alleged perp? She shouldn't have been present for the search warrant. It's taking me out of the story because the case is so compromised, I can't imagine Ghost doesn't beat this. Any legal minds on the boards?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sarkygal said:

How do the Feds even have a case when their lead prosecutor is banging the alleged perp? She shouldn't have been present for the search warrant. It's taking me out of the story because the case is so compromised, I can't imagine Ghost doesn't beat this. Any legal minds on the boards?

And sitting in on meetings. Why would they even trust her?! Unrealistic.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I'm an attorney (although I have NO experience whatever regarding criminal law), but any law student who has taken 1L Criminal Law knows this is a cluster fuck. There is so much compromised here. In the "real world" Angela would shipped another department and scrubbed from the record unofficially. She had an intimate relationship with the victim AND the suspect?!! I'm waiting for Ghost's attorney to say case was built against Ghost as a jealous mistress scorned on Angela's part. If Angela is supposed to be smart she would know this. Further more the attorney that IS the informant who murdered Greg seems to be the only one covering their tracks!

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5

Lol late to the party, but the show is back and as unrealistic as ever :D

Tariq is still as clueless as ever.  His story is so thin, even Tommy is suspicious lol!

How the heck is Angela still anywhere near that murder case??

Did double agent lawyer (Angela's boss) toss the gun to the river at the end of last season?  I can't remember

I am thinking Ghost will be in prison the whole season and somehow manage to get the power to slip in and out of jail, hence the name Ghost..  get it? get it? :D

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I didn't get this either. I thought for sure they owned the apartment.

I think they are stupid for renting too, they should own a smaller/less expensive apartment in the same building.

I think the reason they rent is because they aren't able to clean enough money fast enough for the down payment/mortgage/assessments on an apartment like that but they do have enough clean money coming in each month to pay the rent. Also I think it might be a (poor) protective mechanism- if shit got really bad an all of Ghost's assets were seized, they couldn't seize where the family was living (its rented), also renting keeps enough cash liquid to be able to get out of dodge, poor it back into drugs etc. Ghost and Tasha were smart to set up trusts for the kids with clean money so they would be protected, but they like the trappings of wealth- they could've lived much simpler and had some assets. 

• Love 1