Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Archer Dreamland: Gramarcy, Halberd!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

(edited)

And Figgis finallys says "SUPPRESSING FIIIIIRE!" this season! And everyone ended up shooting Cecil. So, this episode went well.

Love seeing the Old Man Poovey cutaways. No, she wasn't 1,100 although that was funny to see her(?) with what I'm assuming is a grandchild.

"Eat a dick, Gort!" Terminator Dutch was still creepy as hell, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love that chase at the end.

And so...now we know who killed Woodhouse. And I'm guessing Dutch STILL isn't dead. Only three episodes to go.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Well that went sideways quickly. 

Loved the continuation on Poovey and the Chinese ladies.  And Figgus's line about Poovey keepying them,  "Wait did you?"

Terminator Dutch was fun.  

And now we know who killed Woodhouse.  I did think it was funny thT Archer just freaked out about everything that happened during Dreemland and Trexler just up and tells him it was Mother.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And Figgis finallys says "SUPPRESSING FIIIIIRE!" this season! And everyone ended up shooting Cecil. So, this episode went well.

Love seeing the Old Man Poovey cutaways. No, she wasn't 1,100 although that was funny to see her(?) with what I'm assuming is a grandchild.

Terminator Dutch was still creepy as hell, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love that chase at the end.

And so...now we know who killed Woodhouse. And I'm guessing Dutch STILL isn't dead. Only three episodes to go.

Actually, there's only one episode left.  Next week, is the season finale.

Trinette stole the damn show.  So many good lines.

I also love the self-realization of Archer - things start out simple, but he gets tied up in so many other things, he loses focus and starts disassociating himself until it comes out in destructive ways.

Next week, Archer vs Mother.  With him realizing his weakness, will he be able to overcome his greatest enemy?

Lastly, Poovey with his extended family celebrating his 100th birthday and one of his great-grandchildren's first birthday was strangely sweet, even if it was a fantasy that exists in Archer's head.

Speaking of which, if Archer wakes up next week, this whole world will cease to exist, like what The Tweedles told Alice about the Red King.  That's so sad.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

Actually, there's only one episode left.  Next week, is the season finale.

Since when were 8 episode seasons the norm now?! Damn. I was wondering how they'd fill 3 more episodes of material from this.

1 minute ago, bmoore4026 said:

Lastly, Poovey with his extended family celebrating his 100th birthday and one of his great-grandchildren's first birthday was strangely sweet, even if it was a fantasy that exists in Archer's head.

A fantasy that exists in Poovey's head...that exists in Archer's head.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Since when were 8 episode seasons the norm now?! Damn. I was wondering how they'd fill 3 more episodes of material from this.

Well, we're getting seven for Game of Thrones.

Sometimes, brevity can be a good thing.  It makes you focus on the main story and slice out the deadwood.  I think that's been my problem for The Flash and Arrow this season - too many episodes, not enough advancement.

At least this season of Archer has had a clear storyline this season without filler.

• Love 1

Big question: would "Dreamland" last past next week? Would it mutate into something different as Archer continues to sink into the coma? Or do we go back to the status quo? I'm up for whatever, because I believe in Adam Reed.

Is anybody not getting crossed up in some fashion? Aside from the hookers Poovey is keeping in his/her place? And awesome that nobody could shoot Dutch, especially when his head and torso are vulnerable. Can't really blame Archer for trying to finish the job.

• Love 1

"Laugh it up...laughers!!!" I am! "I mean would you not just die?" But seriously that was an epic car chase and with the epic music playing daaamn! That and Archers breakdown was the most serious thing they have ever done and it was amazing!

Trinette has some awesome jokes and by the end was just showing off joke after joke with the old school cigar(ha!) cracking wise! What are you hourly? I mean...

• Love 3

All Archer wanted to do was play lacrosse at Johns Hopkins. Instead, he (according to another near-death dream sequence) gets shot in a stomach by a crazed groupie, then ends up working for Mallory and seeing and doing a bunch of stuff he'd rather forget. Like constantly crossing paths with a killer cyborg.

• Love 2

I really love this season. The sotrylibe is fun, we have a fresh take on the characters in the different pairings really work for me.

Poovy's dreams are funny and endearing.  Trinette was cracking me up and I loved Barry/Dutch.

The final chase scene was out standing funny, exciting with actual character growth (or at least realization) on Archer's part.

• Love 1
(edited)

This season has been so much fun.

On one hand 8 episodes might be what makes it so good.  Tight episodes.  No filler.  Just Archer awake, getting no sleep,  popping questionable pills,   slowly  losing his mind as he goes from one wacky adventure to the next.  On the other hand.....  The season finale is next week and this has been the best season maybe ever.

I don't think I have ever liked Lana as much as I have in this.  Poor good guy impotent Lana trying to get a car full of gun wielding criminals to turn themselves in.    This could have gone so very wrong but it worked.  

Poovy and her dream family.  Might have been the best thing I have ever seen.  What might have been a single  "Chinese whores" joke turned into one of the most genuinely funny and sweet things the show has ever done.

Of course after everything Mother turns out to be who killed Woodhouse.  The two people who get in Archer's way are most often Archer or Mallory so one or the other was going to be the villian of the story.  

Even in Archer's coma Archer knows this.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

I was liking Dutch up till this episode. Now I remember why I ended up hating Barry, it's the giggle. He spent 90% of his dialogue giggling, that annoying, lunatic giggle! That was the bad. 

The good was the awesome callback to the halberd from the Rome episode. ? I laughed when Lana first grabbed it, and they just kept running with the joke! 

I found  the multiple times that Dutch got run over to be deeply satisfying. Thanks Show! And only Cecil could turn multiple gunshot injuries into an opportunity for priapism. He and Trinette were a unexpectedly hilarious pairing however. 

Also, I am loving the little robot cat with the butt obsession. I think he should be made a series regular, he's earned it! 

I am wondering about all of Archer's seemingly random flashbacks to the war. Maybe next season will be a continuation of the coma, but set during the war? The more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea!

Of course Mother killed Woodhouse, I expected that from the start. Totally looking forward to the big showdown in the finale next week. And Len Trexler was surprisingly sweet in letting Archer know about it, for a guy who routinely has people melted. 

Archer has never really been able to out maneuver Mallory. So I'm not actually hopeful about his chances in the inevitable confrontation next week. Even without her human Trex, Zerk. And I'm sure Charlotte will find some way to be weird, and possibly ruin everything. 

I'm so sad it is such a short season, I'm really enjoying this one! 

• Love 4

Also, I am loving the little robot cat with the butt obsession. I think he should be made a series regular, he's earned it! 

I've found it funny every time it happens on the show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Snookums said:

That poor robot cat has a UTI! 

I was a little worried he (she?) has worms. On a related note, I am now calling my orange-and-white, non-robot cat "snooki putzi."

I am also enjoying this season a lot. I do think 8 episodes are too few but last season, which may be my least favorite season of Archer, what I felt were some of the best episodes were "filler" that really didn't fit into the overall storyline plus I felt the main storyline was too loose. Season 7 could have been much tighter and worked far better, IMO. The filler episodes in Season 7 could have been incorporated better into the main storyline for a better overall season so maybe a perfect sort season is better than a longer flawed season even though even a flawed Archer is pretty darn awesome.

• Love 1
On 5/18/2017 at 0:45 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

I was liking Dutch up till this episode. Now I remember why I ended up hating Barry, it's the giggle. He spent 90% of his dialogue giggling, that annoying, lunatic giggle! That was the bad. 

The good was the awesome callback to the halberd from the Rome episode. 

Of course Mother killed Woodhouse, I expected that from the start. Totally looking forward to the big showdown in the finale next week. And Len Trexler was surprisingly sweet in letting Archer know about it, for a guy who routinely has people melted. 

Actually, he has people dissolved in acid. Not melt them phasing.  

I think 8 episodes are fine. Keep it short and sweet.  And than than we can get back to the real stuff.

I wonder why Len trexler likes fat mike so much?    

I enjoyed this episode! This whole season has been on fire and I can't believe we have to wait another year for the next season.

- Cyril's suppressing fire yell was funny.

- Pam's look into the future with great grandchildren was sweet.

- Loved that Lana's quip about sleeping with Archer.

-Archer was a star in this episode. His monologue about what they found funny was great and his speech definitely encapsulated every feeling he had prior to Dream Land.

-I figured that Mother killed Woodhouse in the first episode. The first episode where Archer met her and left the safe unlocked was kind of obvious.

- Can't believe that this season only has 8 episodes :( 

I really hope Ron Cadillac makes an appearance because Ron Cadillac IS FREAKING EPIC!!!

maybe young Ron with his old gang since the Dreamland timeline fits with his backstory (it was 1945 so it didn't hurt the war effort).

• Love 1