Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

New applicants should take a general knowledge test during the application process.   Anyone can say they are a super fan; that has proved to mean nothing.   

The questions would not be about past HGs but about various things that happen in the house that are not shown on TV.  

What happens when you sing?  How much of your DR sessions are you allowed to share?  Those are easy, but not for those who only watch TV.  Is HOH allowed to share their baskets?  Their bathroom?  Along those lines, to weed out those who are casual fans or those who seek just being on TV for SM gain.  .  

Write a 1000 word essay on Dan's funeral and whether you think a similar move would tank or help your game. That'll weed out 99% of the applicants. 

I used to get all hepped up about recruits versus broadcast fans versus superfans when they would announce the cast. But let's be real: the superfans ends up being disappointing and are usually taken out early, the broadcast fans can usually coast through, and the recruits are who shape the game (maybe because there are more of them than the other two categories?). It really doesn't bother me that much anymore. They all learn the game really quickly and they may not sit around and talk about how they know the difference between a Diamond Power of Veto and the Cootie Taw but it doesn't take them long to figure out the basics. 

Sometimes it's fun to watch the recruits bumble around in the game. They can be so adorably clueless. 

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, there's no way in hell Production wants a bunch of cast members who actually watch the live feeds. They know too much! I just wish they'd start casting more people who actually apply to be on Big Brother and/or people who have actually watched at least 1 season before sequester.

Also this. There's a reason why we usually only get one feed watcher (if that) per season. And they usually suck at the game to boot. 

• Love 2

Elena, Paul and Christmas were cranky this morning.  Elena treats Mark horribly.  She isn't interested in doing anything more than biding her time until she is out next week.  She is resigned to that.   

Kevin came in to see Paul and Christmas as they were getting out of bed.  It was strained.  The sky divers were cranky and Kevin senses he is on the outs and trying to make conversation.  He hugged them good morning.  Ha!  Paul first of course.   Christmas must be getting the vibe from Kevin that her cuddling has now passed the flirting for fun stage.  I expect to see her keep her distance from him once out of her rigging. 

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

As @LGGirl said, fat chance Matt wins HOH, but even if he did, there is no way in hell that Matt will ever put up Paul. Matt is actually probably the biggest Paul minion. He is just never going to go against Paul.

That was a fantasy scenario.  They are usually ridiculous, this being no exception.  They keep me watching and sane. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Alex is packing up the tent/grill stuff in the campground area right outside the HOH and Raven comes upstairs, sees her there, and just walks right into the HOH room without even asking. 

• Love 1

I was just checking twitter and saw these gems from last night:

Mark: Do you have any interest in me?
Elena: I don't like this environment, so I can't say for certain how I feel.

M: Any interest in me whatsoever?
E: Maybe very small interest. Not the same as I really like you or want to be your girlfriend.

M: I'm saying interest in me as a person.
E: Yeah, some. Calm down about it. It's not a big deal.
M: Very big deal.

E: Just cool it a little.
M: What's a little?
E: Let's go sleep in separate beds.
M: Good step. I feel I deserve a kiss.

M: One more question. Do you like kissing me?
E: Mark, let's go to bed.

And then Elena told him she'd answer his question about whether or not she likes kissing him if he wins HoH on Thursday. 

Mark, you are really embarrassing yourself, buddy. I mean wow.

Also, 100% agree with what you said about recruits/casual fans/super fans, @Callaphera.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, there's no way in hell Production wants a bunch of cast members who actually watch the live feeds. They know too much! I just wish they'd start casting more people who actually apply to be on Big Brother and/or people who have actually watched at least 1 season before sequester.

Then we get Elena, Dom, Matt and Raven.  Contestants have to be knowledgeable enough to know about adopting a strategy and making allies.  The importance of observing and being social.  If you have not watched much you really have no clue how it works. 

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was just checking twitter and saw these gems from last night:

And then Elena told him she'd answer his question about whether or not she likes kissing him if he wins HoH on Thursday. 

Mark, you are really embarrassing yourself, buddy. I mean wow.

I mean, yeah, he's embarrassing himself a bit but Elena could stop this very easily. A simple "Look, it's been fun in the house and I like you as a person, but do I want to date you outside the house? No. How about we enjoy our summer together?" would do wonders. If you don't want a guy to constantly ask you if you like him, tell him the truth and you can both move on and have a sex filled summer with no strings attached and go back to your normal lives. I hate (hate hate hate HATE) people who do this to their partners. 

Stop fucking around. Does it suck to have to ball/ovary up and tell the other person the truth? Yup. Will there be hurt feelings? Probably. But it's not fair to him - or her - to keep doing that. 

• Love 6

That's why I said I'd like to see them cast people who actually applied to be on BB and/or that watched at least 1 season before sequester. That's really all it would take for the casting to be slightly better, I think, and it's something they might actually do. They are just never gonna cast a house full of superfans. And I personally wouldn't want them to. Virtually (or maybe literally) all the superfans they've cast sucked as characters, players, or both lol. Superfans don't actually make good characters/players on the show imo. I think a mix of casual fans (people who've actually watched the show some before they were cast and applied themselves to be on this show and not Survivor/TAR/etc.) and some recruits is probably the best we could ever hope for and even that's doubtful.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, yeah, he's embarrassing himself a bit but Elena could stop this very easily. A simple "Look, it's been fun in the house and I like you as a person, but do I want to date you outside the house? No. How about we enjoy our summer together?" would do wonders. If you don't want a guy to constantly ask you if you like him, tell him the truth and you can both move on and have a sex filled summer with no strings attached and go back to your normal lives. I hate (hate hate hate HATE) people who do this to their partners. 

I mean damn I feel like she has done this over and over! Mark is just too naive and/or stupid to get it. I mean she has never been into Mark in any real way and it's always been super obvious, he just can't (more like doesn't want to) see it. It's like shades of Caleb/Amber without the scariness imo.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean damn I feel like she has done this over and over! Mark is just too naive and/or stupid to get it. I mean she has never been into Mark in any real way and it's always been super obvious, he just can't (more like doesn't want to) see it. It's like shades of Caleb/Amber without the scariness imo.

I can see that. It's just that I've never seen Elena actually sit him down and just bluntly say no. Not gonna happen. She may have and I missed it. 

God, I wish Caleb/Amber wasn't as creepy as it was because the hilarious moments of that "relationship" were great. Mainly the pickle in the banana and BB bringing the feeds back up an hour and a half before the live show just to show us that fantastic moment in the lounge. Ah, memories.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's why I said I'd like to see them cast people who actually applied to be on BB and/or that watched at least 1 season before sequester. That's really all it would take for the casting to be slightly better, I think, and it's something they might actually do. They are just never gonna cast a house full of superfans. And I personally wouldn't want them to. Virtually (or maybe literally) all the superfans they've cast sucked as characters, players, or both lol. Superfans don't actually make good characters/players on the show imo. I think a mix of casual fans (people who've actually watched the show some before they were cats and applied themsleves to be on this show and not Survivor/TAR/etc.) and some recruits is probably th best we could ever hope for and even that's doubtful.

Well, they have to cast people who know more about this game than these morons do.   One person who knows how to play gives us what is happening now.  He is extreme but anyone who knows the most, will lead.  They have to get HGs in there who know more than just the previous season's TV shows.  It is like watching a basketball game with a professional team against random short people chosen from Hollywood Blvd. 

• Love 1

I didn't realize Alex had to carry all that stuff around with her all the time. Oh man, that's evil. Couldn't have happened to a better person! How long does she have to do it?

Fake nice/social Cody is half hilarious and half terrifying lol. It's unnerving to see him smiling and talking to Paul. Plus we have to hear Pauls OTT stupid laugh so much because of it and that really sucks.

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well, they have to cast people who know more about this game than these morons do.   One person who knows how to play gives us what is happening now.  He is extreme but anyone who knows the most, will lead.  They have to get HGs in there who know more than just the previous season's TV shows.  It is like watching a basketball game with a professional team against random short people chosen from Hollywood Blvd. 

The way to combat that is just to stop having vets play against newbies, but I think we're stuck with that for the life of the show now. Production and/or CBS really seems to like it that way. As for the 'anyone who knows the most will lead' thing, funnily enough most of the 'superfans' cast lately were much more followers than leaders. Ian, Steve, Christine all just followed the leader.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I can see that. It's just that I've never seen Elena actually sit him down and just bluntly say no. Not gonna happen. She may have and I missed it. 

Elena's way is to be haughty and rude to him.  She is very blunt in that regard and he should see that she is not interested.  He is as thick as she is mean. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Veteran players are a completely different category from the ones I listed above. A single veteran in a season is what causes these problems. You either need a group of them (to fight each other) or none at all.

Seriously, BB20: All Stars. They can even take a page out of Survivor's playbook and make it BB20: All Stars: Heroes versus Villains. 

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Elena's way is to be haughty and rude to him.  She is very blunt in that regard and he should see that she is not interested.  He is as thick as she is mean. 

That's the problem (to me). She plays it hot and cold rather than just saying "Hey, I wanna bone you in the house but like Vegas, what happens in the house stays in the house."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't realize Alex had to carry all that stuff around with her all the time. Oh man, that's evil. Couldn't have happened to a better person! How long does she have to do it?

She has to do it for a week.  Paul's punishment is the only one that lasts 48 hours.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Seriously, BB20: All Stars. They can even take a page out of Survivor's playbook and make it BB20: All Stars: Heroes versus Villains. 

I hope they do this, but I feel like they're weirdly against doing a full returning players cast. Maybe they just can't get the people they want.

10 minutes ago, zorak said:

She has to do it for a week.

Damn!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And no veteran players. That's the real key to a good season. Unless it's balls to the wall full All Stars, because I want that so badly for BB20. It's perfect! 

They could also try all recruits.  None of them having ever seen an episode or feed.  Give them a copy of the rules to study the first week.  Who knows?  It would level the playing field.  An All Stars for BB20 sounds fun, but.........the pool of wretched former houseguests is yuge!

• Love 6
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

I hope they do this, but I feel like they're weirdly against doing a full returning player cast. Maybe they just can't get the people they want.

I think that's the true problem. Because the best ones have come back already for a second run. Dan, Rachel, Britney, Dani Donato, Janelle... I bet Derrick would never do it again. We'll be stuck with a cast of Joey, Pao Pao, Chef Joe, Lawon... 

• Love 5

Gimme Rachel versus Britney again. Just so Britney dances around the HoH wearing Rachel's extensions one more time. And Rachel gets one more ooey gooey warm chocolate chip cookies/everything about you is fake including your face moment. 

Are we doing the Veto ceremony already? You know it'll be extended because they'll nail Jason with the Extreme cry and Alex with the hot dog punishment in the middle of it.

I think that's the true problem. Because the best ones have come back already for a second run. Dan, Rachel, Britney, Dani Donato, Janelle... I bet Derrick would never do it again. We'll be stuck with a cast of Joey, Pao Pao, Chef Joe, Lawon... 

I'd be happy with anybody but Derrick coming back.  Well, Frankie is a close second as long as they boot him quickly. 

• Love 1
Just now, LGGirl said:

I'd be happy with anybody but Derrick coming back.  Well, Frankie is a close second as long as they boot him quickly. 

Oh, round 2 of Derrick would be the most interesting thing in the world to watch. Because everyone knows who he is and what his gameplay style was in his season. He wouldn't be able to play the same game (which is why I believe he would never come back, he'd never make it far) and it would be fascinating to see how he would play the game in a more out there manner. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh, round 2 of Derrick would be the most interesting thing in the world to watch. Because everyone knows who he is and what his gameplay style was in his season. He wouldn't be able to play the same game (which is why I believe he would never come back, he'd never make it far) and it would be fascinating to see how he would play the game in a more out there manner. 

Oh I agree with you, 100%.   I just could not watch him.  He is my least fav of all seasons.  

• Love 5

Everyone knew Dan's game, too and he walked right to F2 and would have won had he not chosen Ian.  

• Love 2

Dan played a more charming game. Derrick played a shutdown style of game. Dan let things happen and reacted. Derrick stopped things from happening and tamped down the craziness. 

But then, I get hearts in my eyes when Dan comes up because of Dan's Funeral. Best Big Brother game move of all time. It never should have worked. But it did and it was fantastic.

ETA:

The video above? Best goodbye message ever! Britney was so good in the DR. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9

It was based on the 1st 4 people out in a comp.  So it wasn't Alex's decision.  But before she read that part she made a big point of taking off her camp ranger hat and switched to her baseball hat that says "petty" and made a big deal of announcing to Elena that she told Elena she wouldn't make her a Have Not and she doesn't go back on her promises.  Then she took off the "petty" hat and put the ranger hat back on and read the rest of the announcement.  Christmas is stuck somehow sleeping with Paul in a Have Not bed.

Just now, Callaphera said:

Does that mean Christmas has to sleep in there, too? HA!

Yes.  Paul just said they're just going to have to stay up all night somehow.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Yes.  Paul just said they're just going to have to stay up all night somehow.

I saw that she gets to go to the Outback dinner because she's attached to him but she can't eat or drink anything. Double LOL

• Love 7

I think Jason is perfect for the Extreme costumes. 

Before Alex announces the Have Nots she changes into her cap with "PettY' on it and says, I promised Elena for her birthday I would not make her an have not , and since my word is worth more than any dollar amount, happy early birthday enjoy your week. 

The Have Nots are the first 4 out of the HOH competition:Kevin,Mark,Paul Jason.

Poor Paul has to be a Have Not. Kevin, Jason and Mark are OK with it. Josh said he volunteered to be one. This is going to be fun week with all these crazy costumes!

Cody is going to take Kevin's bed in the green room.

Raven's laugh is so annoying. I can't understand half what she's says, she talks so fast and is a mush mouth.

Jason actually looks a little hot in his costume. He wants to keep it for the rodeo.

• Love 1

Watch Christmas come out and slip on the hot dog lying on the floor. I don't think anyone's picked it up yet. Oh, Matt finally did. Thank goodness fish came on during that singing (Matt and Raven's love duet). I've noticed that instead of telling people not to sing they instead go to fish.

• Love 2

Mark and Elena are talking.  He says he's trying to think of someone in the house who wouldn't put them up if they were HOH.  Elena says, "Us."

Mark is suggesting to Elena that maybe she should talk to Alex to smooth things over. 

Elena is talking about how Paul was going on and on before veto players were picked saying how bad he wanted to play and to please pick him for houseguest's choice.  She says if he wanted to play in it so bad he should've volunteered to go on the block.

• Love 4

I have a hunch Alex is going to insist Elena goes.  Her punishment is brutal.  She is going to be staying in bed until she has to do it all over again so she doesn't have to carry all that gear.  

Jason is going to be resting his head until his is up.  Why did they think either of these were good?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

New applicants should take a general knowledge test during the application process.   Anyone can say they are a super fan; that has proved to mean nothing.   

The questions would not be about past HGs but about various things that happen in the house that are not shown on TV.  

What happens when you sing?  How much of your DR sessions are you allowed to share?  Those are easy, but not for those who only watch TV.  Is HOH allowed to share their baskets?  Their bathroom?  Along those lines, to weed out those who are casual fans or those who seek just being on TV for SM gain.  .  

These are the questions I really think they ask:

1. Do you find it hard to go more than three days without engaging in sexual activities?
  2. Do you find that you are less informed/educated than the general populace?
  3. Have you been called a slacker by your teachers and parents?
  4. Do you believe infidelity is acceptable under certain situations?
  5. Do you plan on using your breasts and oral skills as strategy?
  6. Are you weak-minded and prone to follow short, loud trolls?
  7. Can you easily take off the summer (No job, home, or responsibilities)?
  8. Do you find females overly emotional, and prefer male alliances (Even if you're female)?
  9. Are you so stupid that you don't know where the term, Big Brother, originated?
  10. Have you been known to throw glitter, cry on cue, make up stories, and otherwise act an attention whore?

Eight or more "yes" answers and you are added to the shortlist.  Follow up questions:

1. Would you say there's a limit to the amount of degradation you will endure?
  2. Would you describe yourself as having good hygiene?
  3. Can you name any winner other than Will, Dan, or Derick?
  4. Do you value your privacy and/or dignity?
  5. Can you properly use "I" and "me" in a sentence?

Four or more "no" answers and you are automatically added to the cast.  Welcome to Big Brother, Houseguests!

• Love 19
Just now, wings707 said:

I have a hunch Alex is going to insist Elena goes.

For now at least she is sticking to the get Cody out plan.  She and Jason were talking after the Have Not reveal and they were both talking about how Cody needs to go this week.  I hope she changes her mind, but Paul is already doing his best to make sure Cody goes this week.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The video above? Best goodbye message ever! Britney was so good in the DR. 

Oh, I would love for Britney to come back a third time. I know not everyone liked her, but unlike so many of these fools, she's genuinely funny. And she doesn't have to work at it. I think she's probably the funniest person they've ever had.

I remember Hayden used the excuse to vote Enzo off that they were sure Enzo won AFH.  Heh.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Can you properly use "I" and "me" in a sentence?

Love you entire list but this one sings to me.  :^)

Just now, zorak said:

For now at least she is sticking to the get Cody out plan.  She and Jason were talking after the Have Not reveal and they were both talking about how Cody needs to go this week.  I hope she changes her mind, but Paul is already doing his best to make sure Cody goes this week.

Yes, I heard that.  Things might change with her punishment.  I hope she changes her mind, too.  

• Love 3

Elena says she might fuck some stuff up just for fun.  She says people are already mad at her for taking the money, she's on the outs, so why not.  Mark says this is the week to do it because there's no way Cody is staying this week.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, zorak said:

Elena is talking about how Paul was going on and on before veto players were picked saying how bad he wanted to play and to please pick him for houseguest's choice.  She says if he wanted to play in it so bad he should've volunteered to go on the block.

It's almost like Elena can see for the first time.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Elena says she might fuck some stuff up just for fun.  She says people are already mad at her for taking the money, she's on the outs, so why not.  Mark says this is the week to do it because there's no way Cody is staying this week.

Hey, if it puts targets on new people for once, then why the hell not? I'm loving this Elena. She's doing more than Cody's done (I mean, he did try to put Paul up week one but has done little to blow up his game since). Although if her and Cody team up this week to cause havoc, I'd name them one and two on the best players of BB19 easily.

• Love 3