Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Alex to Elena:  "All I'm asking is that you stand by my decision but if not, it's fine".  So if it's fine for them to vote out Jess, why do what Alex wants?

Edited by zorak
  • Love 2

Christmas injury update: Ten broken bones, four dislocated, and the ligament had to be reconstructed. Four hour surgery according to Christmas. One of the bones was "so fucked up, they had to use a donor bone." Four pins, no idea how many screws or plates. 

Seriously? Just from a tumble off of Jason's back? Isn't she supposed to be some kind of fitness guru? What is her foot made of, glass?

• Love 1
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

Pretty much.  I've liked Alex well enough, but boy, she is either super delusional right now or just a dummy. Either or.

It's a foolproof plan. What could go wrong?

A nice case of HoHitis with a touch of dummy is my best guess. But I'm not a diagnostician. Raven probably knows (and has it worse). 

• Love 3
Just now, iMonrey said:

Seriously? Just from a tumble off of Jason's back? Isn't she supposed to be some kind of fitness guru? What is her foot made of, glass?

With the way they were positioned, I think her foot was caught between his leg and the ground and it just snapped. Being a fitness guru wasn't really a factor. 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The right (or wrong, in this case) angle, pressure, weight, and/or speed could have been what did it. 

Or she has tiny bones, like a bird. Or a Christmas turkey.

Yup, showing myself out again. No need to get up.

ETA: Oh, look, Raven is recounting her traumatic foot injury to Christmas. Again.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Damn. So Christmas said that her injury is so bad that her career as an athlete is basically over (I think that's more what she feels). She started sobbing in the kitchen about it. I can kind of see why she wants to stay in the house; this has to be a devastating blow to her and I think that she needs a distraction while she processes it. 

I do think it's better if she's out of the house and with family, but I can totally understand why she feels like she needs to be in the house right now. Hopefully production keeps an eye on Christmas and her mental health. 

I think this might prevent Alex from backdooring her this week. It shouldn't, but it might work. 

I think staying in the house is actually worse for her.  Life in the house is already confining and stressful as is - but it will just be a reminder of what happened.  Since BB offered her to come back next season, she should just self evict and take care of her health.  I don't feel that her injury should be a reason not to be put her on the block. 

• Love 4
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Jesus. Christmas is in Rose Room. Raven's in there, describing her own injury. She really is super self absorbed. How nice that Christmas is entertaining her narcissism. 

"BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!!" 

"I'LL BE BATHING IN BLOOD!!!!!"

Oh, wait, wrong BB season. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ifoundit said:

I think staying in the house is actually worse for her.  Life in the house is already confining and stressful as is - but it will just be a reminder of what happened.  Since BB offered her to come back next season, she should just self evict and take care of her health.  I don't feel that her injury should be a reason not to be put her on the block. 

I get that take, but I think she's feeling, "I'm fucked, might as well get as much attention as I can get out of this injury."

• Love 1

Alex suggested to Paul that maybe Matt or Raven voted to evict Ramses if Christmas wasn't the one.  He shot that down real quick.  Alex asked Paul if he trusts Raven.  Of course he said he does.  Alex said she does, too.

Now Matt is questioning to Paul whether or not Christmas should still be in the game.  He doesn't understand why Production is even giving her a choice about it.

2 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

Has there been some kind of confirmation from Jessica or someone who actually knows her, that her profession is Professional Whore? I see she's some sort of fancy concierge. That could mean anything. Since we don't know for sure maybe we should STOP SLUT-SHAMING THE WOMEN! I don't even like Jessica but every goddamn year we drag the women who get into showmances.

My new life goal is to have business cards that list my profession as Professional Whore. And then go on Jeopardy! or something. "And our returning champion, Callaphera, a Professional Whore from Vancouver, Canada..."

Although "Lady of the Night" sounds so much classier.

• Love 16

Ok so i'm probably got a first class seat to hell... BUT how is her athletic career now over because she won't have full range of motion with her FOOT.  She can still stand on it.  She will eventually be able to put full weight on it... Its not like she's a freaking ballerina.  

someone help me out here 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, zorak said:

Alex is telling Elena that she trusts Raven because Raven told her that she has a terminal disease and that integrity is the only thing she has left.  Raven swore on her pacemaker.

Hand me my rifle. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, backformore said:

I don't get the live feeds, but I like to read here to get some insight.   I missed what happened to Raven's foot - did she also get hurt?  or is it a sad story from her past?  

One morning recently she was fighting off a group of space aliens who tried to take over the house. She cared not a whit for her own life, only thinking of the poor innocents that she needed to save. She vanquished the aliens but was gravely wounded in the toe. After several hours of agony and surgery, she barely survived. In fact, I hear tell she actually died 5 times! She's so brave, don't you think she's brave.

• Love 8

Alex and Christmas are talking now, so they're clearing the air. Christmas hasn't told Alex directly who the two people that Cody said knew his plans are, but she also didn't lie and say that she didn't know. She just said that she needed to have more time to get caught up before her and Alex have a lengthier conversation. 

10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Ok so i'm probably got a first class seat to hell... BUT how is her athletic career now over because she won't have full range of motion with her FOOT.  She can still stand on it.  She will eventually be able to put full weight on it... Its not like she's a freaking ballerina.  

someone help me out here 

I think for her, it's more the fear. Jason even said that doctors often present worst case scenarios to patients. She said that it'll take a year to almost fully heal, which means she'll have limits as a trainer. She will also get arthritis in her foot, which will affect her performance. She won't be 100% like she used to be and she'll have to limit herself, but I do think she'll be able to do most of her previous activities. But still, fitness has become her life for over a decade and this is still a devastating setback for her. 

I feel bad for Christmas getting hurt so seriously and wish her a good recovery.

I'm still on the fence with her staying or going.  There are strong pros and cons to both.  We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Hopefully, CBS is covering the medical bills.  It's probably over six figures already.

• Love 5
(edited)

Raven's offering to make a cake for Christmas. After the two sad looking "cakes" she's made, if I were Christmas, I would be asking Paul to make me muffins instead.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I feel bad for Christmas getting hurt so seriously and wish her a good recovery.

I'm still on the fence with her staying or going.  There are strong pros and cons to both.  We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Hopefully, CBS is covering the medical bills.  It's probably over six figures already.

I assume Christmas has good insurance and has some of it covered, but CBS also has to cover it since it happened on their lot. 

Also, I think I've come to a conclusion: Christmas is an adult. She has probably discussed, in length about the pros and cons. Her doctors, CBS lawyers and other representatives have also considered everything about her injury. Christmas doesn't want special treatment, nor is she asking for it. She also has stated that she wants to be treated no differently than if she wasn't injured. So, if she doesn't play her injury into her campaign to stay when she does get put up on the block, then I'm fine with her staying. They wouldn't have allowed her to stay otherwise if there would be more issues. I think she won't last much longer, but I do think she'll get to jury now. She's made the choice to stay, so it's her that has to live with it. 

The other houseguests can stop treating her like an invalid for her choosing to stay. She's a tough woman; if she couldn't handle it, I think she would have left. And I'm sure production would have not let her stay. It's done, she's staying, and I think she'll be fine. If she wants a distraction from thinking about things, then let her. She can't do much physical therapy right now anyway, right? Or will she have to do some physical therapy in DR? 

Either way, she's here to play and I'm sure she will be just fine. 

• Love 5
Just now, urusai said:

I'd rather drink Josh's pickle juice than eat Raven's cake.

Kinky.

The final answer was: "ooey" "gooey" bars. I'm assuming that means some kind of square that's underbaked which sounds like something Raven would nail.

• Love 3

I am one of Christmas' biggest fans but I think she needs to go home. I mean she needs to self-evict. I'm certain BB will offer her a spot in season 20 or 21. BB isn't completely run by morons, they have to know she'd draw fans. She can't win because she can't compete and she doesn't need to be here if she can't win. I don't think she's broke (she has a business and a book) and she's not a stupid kid who just wants to be in a showmance.

One more thing: I'm an old, what is tea?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zibnchy said:

I am one of Christmas' biggest fans but I think she needs to go home. I mean she needs to self-evict. I'm certain BB will offer her a spot in season 20 or 21. BB isn't completely run by morons, they have to know she'd draw fans. She can't win because she can't compete and she doesn't need to be here if she can't win. I don't think she's broke (she has a business and a book) and she's not a stupid kid who just wants to be in a showmance.

One more thing: I'm an old, what is tea?

Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to Asia. After water, it is the most widely consumed drink in the world.

Kidding. Tea is gossip or information. Spilling the tea is telling the gossip or information to someone else. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Did you know she's dying as well? 

Well, she has Leukemia  and Prostate Cancer. Both of these are terminal. But she also has Breast Cancer and Liver Cancer and Bone Cancer and the Measles and the Mumps and Chicken Pox too. Did you know?

And thats not all either. The nipple on one of her breasts is a half inch lower than the nipple on the other one. That is not terminal but it makes the  poor girl very unhappy.

Here are just a few of the other diseases that poor Raven must endure:

1) Ebola

2) Polio

3) Lupus Erythematosus - this is a real bad one (at least it sounds real bad).

4) Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease  - a real misery

5) HIV/AIDS - bitch decided to hide this from the producers - thereby putting all the other HGs at risk. Shame!  Shame!  Shame! 

6) The Common Cold - of course her cold is not the common variety. It is the Mengele Twin Simultaenity versions.

7) Shicklegruber Inner Ear Distortion - does the name Shicklegruber sound familiar to you? It did to me. I was surprised to learn from whence it was derived.

8) Nepomusk Nuralgia Anomoly

9) ElfreideRabulusew Elbow Cancer

These are just a few of the terrible diseases that Raven keeps on a piece of paper we found in her suitcase. I think she just uses them to impress other people with how terribly sick she is.

By the way, I know that only men get Prostate Cancer.  I just wanted to see how many of you were paying attention.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 7
(edited)

Christmas is trying to feel out who a potential 3rd nominee would be if one of the original 2 nominees comes off the block.  Alex is alluding to Mark.  She says that the problem is that she promised someone else that her preferred replacement nominee would not be nominated.  However, she says that if one of the original noms comes off the block, she will go to the others and say she wants them to allow her to take that one person's safety off the table.  It will be interesting to see what happens if a replacement nominee is needed.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 1

Baking Update:

I guess the "ooey" "gooey" bars are off the menu. Now it's banana chocolate nut muffins with an icing center. Thank God Paul took over the baking. Christmas just avoided another hospital stay.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wonder if it's because, after years of being sick and having the attention on her, she craves it now and can't handle when it's not on her.

This !  We all know people whose illness has become their whole identity. Not only does it by them tons of attention, it protects them from the real world because nobody will call them on their shit either out of compassion or fear of appearing mean.  Being seriously compassion -challenged, I avoid "professional sickies."

One of my pet peeves is how many commercials on TV are dedicated to telling us how sick we are and how much we need whatever it is they're selling .

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Kidding. Tea is gossip or information. Spilling the tea is telling the gossip or information to someone else. 

Damn kids - re-purposing old words to mean new things. They all should get jobs and haircuts and get the hell off my lawn!

• Love 21
1 minute ago, zibnchy said:

Damn kids - re-purposing old words to mean new things. They all should get jobs and haircuts and get the hell off my lawn!

And pull their pants up where they belong, too.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

1 minute ago, Skycatcher said:

And pull their pants up where they belong, too.

Back in my day, we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow without shoes just to coin a new phrase. Kids these days...

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Christmas is an adult. She has probably discussed, in length about the pros and cons.

I agree.  It's her decision either way and I'm not going to judge.  It's not my foot.  There is no way I would get involved in a game like this.  I've lived alone for a long time and could totally not handle people in my face 24/7, but it's fun to watch!

After watching all 18 seasons, I can't get riled up about this show like I used to  :)

• Love 2

Oh god. More conspiracies online. Now people think that Christmas heard Julie say the vote count after she voted because she was still on the line. It's all because Christmas/Matt are talking about the voting order. Well, were before the feeds cut for probably noms.

I mean, even if she did overheard because production couldn't hang up the phone fast enough, she can't do anything with that information because it'll expose her vote. So I'm not really sure why it's important right now.

20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh god. More conspiracies online. Now people think that Christmas heard Julie say the vote count after she voted because she was still on the line. It's all because Christmas/Matt are talking about the voting order. Well, were before the feeds cut for probably noms.

I mean, even if she did overheard because production couldn't hang up the phone fast enough, she can't do anything with that information because it'll expose her vote. So I'm not really sure why it's important right now.

Would it? Or is there a way to play it off like "Oh, the vote was 2 for Ramses when I came on the line, I voted for Cody in third place, so the fourth person to go into the DR is the third Ramses vote"? I didn't listen to the conversation because Matt = zzzz and I'm all out of NoDoz. 

1 hour ago, zibnchy said:

I am one of Christmas' biggest fans but I think she needs to go home. I mean she needs to self-evict. I'm certain BB will offer her a spot in season 20 or 21.

They already did when the initial injury happened and she said no. BB should have removed her when it was said she needed surgery, the choice should not have been hers to continue to make. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Feeds are back.

Dominique and Jessica are nominated. Kevin's giving Jessica a pep talk.

Such big moves, Alex!

8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They already did when the initial injury happened and she said no. BB should have removed her when it was said she needed surgery, the choice should not have been hers to continue to make. 

I mean, I get it. With Megan DORing in the first week, it put their schedule in a fast forward situation. I'm sure they have a contingency plan in case of a DOR but I doubt they plan for two DORs in a season. So I can see why Production put the decision in her hands (and for all we know, there could have been additional paperwork/waivers saying that if she injures the foot any further while in the house, they're not responsible. I'm sure their asses are covered legally). 

It doesn't mean I agree with their decision. But I can understand that. They can't keep sequestering four people for another battle back. It's easier if Christmas goes out on a vote. 

• Love 2

Christmas, Paul, Matt, Mark, and Elena are talking.  Mark pointed out that they still control the votes even though one of their own is up on the block. 

Dominique is not happy. She refuses to talk to anyone, which is making her group more suspicious that she wouldn't trust them to keep her safe.

But the group is oddly quiet. Christmas is there, so that might be it. They really don't trust her, which sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if Christmas ends up on the block, and her group decides to "give her the gift of letting her go home to her family", which would be an awful excuse to use for her getting evicted. 

Paul seemed onboard earlier with Alex's plan to put up Dom.  Elena talked with Alex earlier and indicated that she was on board with Alex's plan and could pull Mark in.  Elena is acting upset about Dom being up but I think it might just be for show based on what she and Alex talked about earlier.  So I'm curious to see how this plays out because as of now, Mark is not down to vote out Dom.