Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9035540/wendy-williams-ex-kevin-hunter-lawsuit-win-production-company/

Kelvin Hunter's $10 million lawsuit against DebMar-Mercury is moving forward. He is saying he was fired for his personal life, not for his job performance.

Does WW have a stake in DebMar-Mercury? I’m wondering if this is going to hit her pocketbook. She is no longer drawing a big talk show host income and I’m sure all those rehab stays have put a dent in her purse. 
   I think he is back to managing her and therefore could draw an income from any earnings, but I hope I’m wrong about that. That’s another reason I believe she isn’t pursuing her career at this time. 
    Sadly from all I’ve read I no longer believe she is ever going to be able to make a comeback. Now all I seem to see is her paparazzi pics where she is still wearing those inappropriate short shorts with fishnet stockings and clumsy boots. If she ever expects to get back into the workplace I think she needs to class it up or stay on the radio/podcast venues where she isn’t visible. Hopefully one where there is editing available for when she loses her train of thought or goes into a long winded tangent. To quote Shania Twain: “It was good while it lasted, but now I’m past it.” 

• Like 3
On 9/22/2023 at 6:46 PM, oliviabenson said:

My guess is Kelvin Sr is hoping for a settlement. No way he is winning $10 million.

lol, of course he's hoping for a settlement, his alimony was cut off at least a year ago, his house went into foreclosure and was put up for sale in July for $1.3 million. So I guess it's safe to say he's broke,

I don't see how he scored a major victory, the case wasn't dismissed as the defendants requested so it can now go to trial. He won't see any money until the case is over or if there's a pre-trial settlement agreement. In the meantime, he's still broke.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

he's hoping for a settlement, his alimony was cut off at least a year ago, his house went into foreclosure and was put up for sale in July for $1.3 million. So I guess it's safe to say he's broke,

Is it confidence, greed or stupidity for him to keep this case active?  It's been going on for at least 2 years and he's had to pay lawyers for services all that time.  Sounds like he can't be doing too good if he's had to sell his home recently and he's against a major company that has their own attorneys who could postpone, delay and drag out this lawsuit forever, which is not going to be good for Kevin's side.

He should maybe put more effort into earning money instead of pursuing this settlement to the point where he lost his house.

• Like 4

I was just feeling nostalgic for the good old days of the Hot Topics segment because of the plethora of sleazy gossip that's been swirling around lately:  Will Smith gay allegations, Diddy being sued for rape, Keke Palmer baby daddy abuse charges, Taylor Swift's football boyfriend, Beyonce's Vegas residency, etc.  Wendy would've had a field day with those, which got me checking around for news on our fallen queen. 

Not news on WW but on Kevin and his continuing money troubles.  Suck it, loser!  Gossip is here.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I also miss the days of reading this thread and sharing an observation or gossip with y’all. I tried to watch that video (YouTube), but it quit after a minute and I couldn’t get it to keep playing. So Kelvin is selling everything. He must miss the money train WW provided. I seem to recall as long as she’s not working she doesn’t have to pay him extra money for being her manager. I wouldn’t work either if it went to him, his mistress or their child. It’s not Wendy’s responsibility. 
    For gossip I read the AGC Blinds. They usually give you a clue, but some are unnamed. Occasionally I’ll look at Page Six. A lot of it depends on how many ads or nonsense I have to scroll through. 
     I miss all of you and your witty tongues. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week if I don’t get back to this thread again over the holiday. Hopefully we will get a snippet about what WW is up to soon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was just feeling nostalgic for the good old days of the Hot Topics segment because of the plethora of sleazy gossip that's been swirling around lately:  Will Smith gay allegations, Diddy being sued for rape, Keke Palmer baby daddy abuse charges, Taylor Swift's football boyfriend, Beyonce's Vegas residency, etc.  Wendy would've had a field day with those, which got me checking around for news on our fallen queen. 

Not news on WW but on Kevin and his continuing money troubles.  Suck it, loser!  Gossip is here.

I know what you mean.  Back in its heyday it was really good

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Brendan (Suzanne's husband and Wendy's, I think, stage manager?) is working on Kelly Clarkson's show now.  I don't watch a lot, but last week a man brought Leslie Jones some tissues when she cried and Kelly was like, "Thank you, Brendan" and assured him it was okay to be on camera because he was trying to dash off, so they showed him.  I think he was working on Sherri's show before she dropped Suzanne after last season.

• Useful 2

I hope you are right about Brendan working on the Kelly Clarkson show. If anyone got a raw deal working for WW it was her crew and behind the scenes gang. She’d cut out at the last minute on a live show, take time off all too often, and I don’t see how working for her back then was reliable income. I hope everyone was able to find gainful employment. 

• Like 5
14 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Brendan (Suzanne's husband and Wendy's, I think, stage manager?) is working on Kelly Clarkson's show now.  I don't watch a lot, but last week a man brought Leslie Jones some tissues when she cried and Kelly was like, "Thank you, Brendan" and assured him it was okay to be on camera because he was trying to dash off, so they showed him.  I think he was working on Sherri's show before she dropped Suzanne after last season.

Interesting. I just watched a recent episode of Sherri and Brendon was shown handing over something to Sherri. I remember thinking "I'm glad Brendon still has a job with Sherri." We rarely see Norman but he is still an employee of the Sherri show.

• Useful 3
15 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

That's interesting.  I thought it was him on the episode with Leslie Jones but I wasn't 100% sure, but then I found his Instagram and there were a bunch of pictures of him on Kelly's set, including one with Suzanne and one of their kids. 

https://www.instagram.com/brendanhigginstv/

Interesting... Doesn't KC film in L.A.? So Suzanne & Brendon must have moved across the country for work. Suzanne has such a sunny personality, I can see her enjoying California.

• Like 1

I usually only watch the first 5 minutes of KC to hear her sing. However it's a good possibility I WAS watching Kelly and not SS. 

I hope Brendan and Suzanne are happy no matter what show they are working for.

I can't imagine KC being a NYC girl! 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Word on the street:

Screenshot_20231206_011940_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ee76b0913bf7fdb53296a8dd21df2502.jpg

I thought WW had no money due to Wells Fargo Bank freezing her account? Someone in her family has deep pockets if this story is truly about WW. Seems like it is. What happened to her penthouse in NYC? 

At least she can use those ugly faux fur boots in Switzerland! But it won't be "Daisy Duke shorts" weather there this time of the year. 

My guess is she'll be back in the USA asap.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I thought WW had no money due to Wells Fargo Bank freezing her account? Someone in her family has deep pockets if this story is truly about WW. Seems like it is. What happened to her penthouse in NYC? 

At least she can use those ugly faux fur boots in Switzerland! But it won't be "Daisy Duke shorts" weather there this time of the year. 

My guess is she'll be back in the USA asap.

My understanding: She still has her money; she didn't lose it. What she lost was free access to her money; any expenses have to go through the Wells Fargo conservator. I could see the conservator approving expenses for her to go to rehab.

I don't know if the story I reported is true, but I think the fact that Wendy has been out of sight for a bit is a good sign.

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Also, "This facility has been used by one of her family members in the past"???! Who do ya'll think? Little Kevin had a drug issue several years ago but it was brief. 🤔🤔🤔

If true, I am soo glad she fired all those shady hangers-on. 🤸🏾‍♀️🤸🏾‍♀️🤸🏾‍♀️

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

😈😈😈

https://radaronline.com/p/wendy-williams-ex-husband-kevin-hunter-lawsuit-damaged-rain-ferrari-court-insurance-financial-issues-alimony/

🙄 A lame insurance scam. The insurance folks are on to his shady ways, too. Hired a meteorologist to prove there was no precipitation on the day he claimed rain damage to his luxury vehicle. Suck it, Kelvin!

I laughed because his MO is so transparent. 

• LOL 1

The latest on Wendy. The doorman in her building says she moved out a couple months ago. Reportedly Wendy was doing better, then her health took a turn & she's in Florida with her family. 🙏🏾

Also, Sharina is being sued for a ~$3,500 TJMaxx credit card bill. 🤣

• Useful 1

Thanks for the update. It's  just the same thing over and over again...her health. She can get top quality medical care for her Graves disease so thats not the issue. She seems to keep on relapsing into drug and alcohol addiction. 

And I find it hard to believe she JUST moved out of her penthouse in NYC 2 months ago.

Addiction is very difficult to overcome but IMO, she is dealing with drugs/alcohol more than Graves disease. I would like to know what happened to her stay at the rehab center in Norway (or was it Sweden?). Apparently it didn't help. 

Whatever the truth might be, she is a mess. She needs to realize nobody can help her but herself. Good luck Wendy

• Like 3

Heads up to Wendy stans:  There is a doc on WW coming to the Lifetime Channel next month. 

I remember months ago Wendy was shown in some restaurant and there was a camera crew tailing her.  When asked, she said that they were filming her for some "upcoming project".   I figured it was for that podcast that she kept promising (that never materialized).  I also felt that this crew was probably some shady production team that saw a trainwreck happening and thought that they could save this footage and sell it if/when Wendy really hit rock bottom.  I think this video may be what was being filmed back then.    

Link to the trailer

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Heads up to Wendy stans:  There is a doc on WW coming to the Lifetime Channel next month. 

I remember months ago Wendy was shown in some restaurant and there was a camera crew tailing her.  When asked, she said that they were filming her for some "upcoming project".   I figured it was for that podcast that she kept promising (that never materialized).  I also felt that this crew was probably some shady production team that saw a trainwreck happening and thought that they could save this footage and sell it if/when Wendy really hit rock bottom.  I think this video may be what was being filmed back then.    

Link to the trailer

I'll be watching--- but I have questions! Some of this footage is dated: pre- Switzerland rehab & pre- Wendy vacating her NYC condo. Also, at one point the promo was reportedly taken down. 

Screenshot_20240205_214844_Google.thumb.jpg.38e558b6037c55e629a792d61e870a85.jpg

• Like 3

I don't know if I will watch as it might be hard to watch her (or anyone) experience such a decline.  It also is probably not too up to date, considering the way the previous doc that aired with the TV movie turned out (with not even acknowledging that her mom had died a while earlier).  With Wendy as an executive producer, she must think she will come across well, but I don't know if she is in a place mentally to really judge that.  I will probably decide whether to watch closer to the air date. 

I hope that if someone else going through very difficult times had put out a documentary like this when Wendy was still doing her show she would have been sympathetic.  But she used to brag about watching a DVD of the "Being Bobby Brown" show and still laughing AFTER both Whitney and Bobbi Kristina had died, which struck me as rather ghoulish.  Maybe she thought it showed them in "happier times," though that's a stretch.

Here is the link for the forum for the upcoming doc.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

After watching the doc trailer and listening to 1-2 gossip sites, I got to wondering who is behind this doc... Wendy herself or someone looking to make a few bucks by exposing a trainwreck? This doesn't exactly make Wendy look good, but if Wendy is in a declining state and/or still an addict, is she too far gone to realize?   Will this 4 hour epic somehow end with sober, competent Wendy back?  I have my doubts. 

I saw Wendy go downhill/act strange those last 3-4 years onstage of her show and I can't see that turning around or her coming back from that.

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Yahoo had an article about the upcoming doc where family members and others give details on Wendy's issues.  A driver tells how he was instructed by Wendy to drive past the studio where her show was taped. Five minutes after going past it, Wendy asked him to drive by again, like she didn't just have him do this already.

Her son says that Wendy has definite cognitive issues, like memory loss, etc. which doctors attribute to years of alcohol abuse.  Make sure to scroll down to see Wendy back in the day and gawk at some of the outfits, those untamed implants and over the top wigs and accessories. You will have a laugh but it's also sad to see how she has changed physically.

Check out those outfits

• Sad 3

Saw this update from @DanaK over on the Wendy documentary thread:  Good Morning America will be discussing the WW doc on the show tomorrow morning (2/22).  Family members will be discussing the situation.

I guess Lifetime's promo department is sparing no expense to get this out to the masses - GMA is a good get, national exposure.  I wonder who they got... her  burdened young son, her shifty brother Tommy, her older sister Wanda, who I've never seen.   

Realistically it will probably be some distant cousin or aunt who doesn't really know jack squat but just hyped to get a trip to NY.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I just watched the feature GMA did on WW. The family member who discussed her was her niece/Goddaughter. They mentioned her name, but I didn’t catch it. The family has no idea where she is other than in a treatment facility. She is a ward of the state and her family has no say in her life. The niece did speak to her on the phone and stated that she sounded better. Wendy said her goal was to get back on tv. It’s unknown at this time if she we be well enough to handle her life  let alone a career. It was sad to see some of the footage from the documentary. She didn’t look well. 
The documentary runs on the Lifetime channel for two nights beginning this Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Wendy was featured on her beloved Inside Edition yesterday. They said she has an appointed conservator and only the conservator is allowed to know what treatment facility she is in. She has been diagnosed with mental decline due to alcoholism. It appears she was participating in this documentary to be a cautionary tale to others about losing their money, etc., but things went south. 

I can only assume the court is keeping her family away because some of them are a hinderance to her recovery versus a help. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Wendy has been diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia, per a press release from Wendy and her medical team

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/wendy-williams-diagnosed-primary-progressive-aphasia-frontotemporal-dementia-107449374?cid=social_twitter_abcn

Needless to say, she's not going to be doing another show. Best wishes to her. My dad had dementia so I feel for her and her family. Let's hope the state is really watching after her properly and keeping the vultures away, including family members who would take advantage of her

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 3
34 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Oh man I feel for Wendy. Is this what Bruce Willis has? If she is broke who took her $? She ya very ill woman.

If not exactly, pretty similar

• Like 2

Ah, this getting juicy!

How about Wendy's guardian is suing Lifetime!? The records are sealed, so we can only speculate what the lawsuit is about. Something about a temporary restraining order that may seek to stop the documentary from coming out?? But these papers were filed Thursday & the documentary is due out Saturday. What the what??

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/22/wendy-williams-temporary-guardian-files-lawsuit-lifetime-documentary/

It seems there are 2 factions here. The family vs. the guardianship. WW's niece appeared on The View promoting the documentary. Later, during that same episode, Whoopi announced breaking news of Wendy's dementia diagnosis. It begs the question why the niece didn't say that while she was on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, DanaK said:

Wendy has released a statement following the announcement of her diagnosis

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/wendy-williams-statement-aphasia-dementia-diagnosis-1235834445/

Sounds more like someone in PR wrote that, or maybe even her conservator. Last night Lifetime had on a show that was giving history on her relationship with Kelvin. It had a lot of photos and some other information that was previously unknown to me. I was unable to watch all of it. 
  I’m hoping a lot of people don’t come out of the woodwork to profit over her unfortunate situation with her health. I’m sure that was one of the points about her going under conservatorship. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I'm watching the Lifetime documentary in real time - it just started.   Love Wendy or hate her, the first 5 minutes are incredibly cringy, sad and depressing.  Buckle up and get your happy pills because this is a hard watch.

EDIT:  DJ Boof was interviewed and cleared up why he disappeared from the show.  After trying to be a friend and confidante, and going out of his way to help out (stopping by, bringing food, etc.), he saw how the drinking was taking a toll and the other changes happening to Wendy, he left because "she was no longer the person I knew".

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

I think Boof was bringing more than fast food to Wendy's apartment. Alcohol probably.  And I vaguely recall some news article that Wendy would open the door to Boof and be (for lack of a better description) behaving inappropriately, dressed seductively. Not saying it's true info but if it is, I don't blame Boof for running away.

And that Shawn woman is a snake in the grass. Saying she's never seen W drunk. I'VE seen Wendy drunk numerous times and I live 3000 miles from Wendy's apartment, never been to her show and never met her.

I picture Shawn coming to Wendy's apartment with huge purses and totes to load up so she can steal jewelry and clothes from Wendy. And "The Guardians" let Shawn run Wendy's life. 

This could be a good ending for W but with the shady, greedy people surrounding her, I don't have high hopes. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I don't know.  The whole thing just made me sooooo sad.  I had to stop watching several times becz it was so upsetting.  For what might have been. A life lost. We're the same age which blew me away. One thing I didn't get, was ok yes she was very thin, esp her legs.  But if she was drinking as much as was said, wouldn't she be heavier? 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
On 2/24/2024 at 7:10 PM, patty1h said:

I'm watching the Lifetime documentary in real time - it just started.   Love Wendy or hate her, the first 5 minutes are incredibly cringy, sad and depressing.  Buckle up and get your happy pills because this is a hard watch.

EDIT:  DJ Boof was interviewed and cleared up why he disappeared from the show.  After trying to be a friend and confidante, and going out of his way to help out (stopping by, bringing food, etc.), he saw how the drinking was taking a toll and the other changes happening to Wendy, he left because "she was no longer the person I knew".

I'm interested in the documentary, but it definitely sounds like a heartbreaking one.

Wendy is too young for all of this. :(

• Like 2