Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Shemar is hot, but he's been pinging my gaydar since he first showed up as Neil's brother on Young & the Restless.  If he and Phaedra actually started "dating", I wouldn't be shocked.

I have always assumed that he was gay and out to his family and close friends, but, in the closet in his professional life. A lot of people do that in real life. Not to mention, that, in general, Black people tend to be even more homophobic than White people. Caribbean people are even worst, I am from the islands, so, I know. 

I have always found the homophobia in the Black community to be very interesting and ironic, given that in African cultures, before the arrival of the Europeans with their warped sense of reality and evil agenda.  People who were LGBT were never shunned or made to feel excluded. In fact, they were always considered special because of their unique status.  The vestiges of European colonialism and the church run deep and have really shaped the minds of some people.  I hope that I did not offend anybody with my rant. I will get off my soapbox. 

I am still sad that Phaedra and Kandi's friendship has been decimated, due to ego, hurt feelings, miscommunication and the need to be superior and give salacious reads in talking heads, yes, I am looking at you Phaedra. What a vile bitch! you don't talk shit about somebody's husband and not think that there will not be any consequences. You never mess with somebody's family.  If she felt offended with Kandi and her husband, then she should have confronted them, off camera.

I also wanted to say that Kenya has started to warm my cold heart towards her. Her reading of Phaedra's inability to deliver her rehearsed read was awesome. I want to see more of that. I also loved her hugging Sheree.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Sadly, these women live in a bubble, the Bravo bubble, where the only "sin" where there are repercussions are being boring.  In some ways they are incentivized to bring the drama.  If it is true that Phaedra started the sex dungeon and drugging rumor and fed it to Porsha to do her dirty work that would speak volumes of Phaedra.  I can understand Kandi's anger.  Putting out such a serious rumor could be catastrophic. What if Child Protective Services (or whatever the ATL equivalent is) was called?  Lil Ace and Riley could have been removed from the home.   THose agencies don't hesitate to remove children from potentially dangerous  situations and environments.  If things had gone down that road what would Porsha and Phaedra have done? Said "oops my bad I'm sorry"  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I know Phaedra is the main villain here,  but I cannot deal with Porsha. Did she seriously try to insist that no one celebrates her attempts at doing good and then, when Kandi points out she donated $5,000 to her Celebrity Apprentice task, go on a tirade about how she cannot be bought and receiving money doesn't mean she can be treated unfairly? This woman is reaching Nene levels of obnoxiousness where she just yells to yell, fights to fight and doesn't care about anything but getting in the last word. Say what you will about Kandi, she knows how to apologize and she knows how to take responsibility for her part in things. Porsha has the emotional maturity of a toddler. I seriously hope her time on this show is up.

I really think it all boils down to how stupid she is. She can't keep all of that info straight in her head.  I'm also sure that Phaedra fixes a narrative for her (Kandi only did that to make herself look good, or some nonsense), and she's said it out loud so often, that she can't even understand how stupid she sounds.

10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Can't quite figure out WHY Phaedra is sooo  pissed at Kandi that she'd go to this sex dungeon business.. I mean, I  know she's a scorpio but WTF??

IMO it's because she's always been jealous of Kandi. Kandi is truly successful and confident in who she is. She's always true to herself. Phaedra has always put on an act, right from the jump. That "didn't attend college" jab said it all. She had to go at Kandi for the only thing she thinks she's got on her, like Kandi is somehow less than because she didn't go to college. Someone who is confident in themselves doesn't pull shit like that.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Putting out such a serious rumor could be catastrophic. What if Child Protective Services (or whatever the ATL equivalent is) was called?  Lil Ace and Riley could have been removed from the home.   THose agencies don't hesitate to remove children from potentially dangerous  situations and environments.  If things had gone down that road what would Porsha and Phaedra have done? Said "oops my bad I'm sorry"  

Phaedra probably would've shrugged and felt it was best for Ace & Riley to be taken from the home, and felt it was what Kandi deserved after sticking her nose into Phaedra/kids/Apollo's business.

Porsha was too stupid to realize she was (is?) being played and when she realizes it she will need Cynthia's BIG DUMMY t-shirt.

• Love 8

I know Kenya didn't have the nerve to talk about rehearsed reads???  That bitch can't come up with any noteworthy quips unless she wrote it, proofed it, asked Brandon to improve upon it and she's still corny as fuck.  When she tries to ad lib we get such gems as, "At least I' m not a duck like your lips."   Oooh, burn!  Except, nope it isn't.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, RealReality said:

@luckyroll3 -- 100% with you on shemar Moore.  It's so obvious that it's funny he keeps trying to hide it. 

I am usually on target with my "GAYDAR",  but I am not getting those vibes from Shamar Moore. My gauge must be off, am I the only one that doesn't see this ?  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have always assumed that he was gay and out to his family and close friends, but, in the closet in his professional life. A lot of people do that in real life. Not to mention, that, in general, Black people tend to be even more homophobic than White people. Caribbean people are even worst, I am from the islands, so, I know. 

I have always found the homophobia in the Black community to be very interesting and ironic, given that in African cultures, before the arrival of the Europeans with their warped sense of reality and evil agenda.  People who were LGBT were never shunned or made to feel excluded. In fact, they were always considered special because of their unique status.  The vestiges of European colonialism and the church run deep and have really shaped the minds of some people.  I hope that I did not offend anybody with my rant. I will get off my soapbox. 

I am still sad that Phaedra and Kandi's friendship has been decimated, due to ego, hurt feelings, miscommunication and the need to be superior and give salacious reads in talking heads, yes, I am looking at you Phaedra. What a vile bitch! you don't talk shit about somebody's husband and not think that there will not be any consequences. You never mess with somebody's family.  If she felt offended with Kandi and her husband, then she should have confronted them, off camera.

I also wanted to say that Kenya has started to warm my cold heart towards her. Her reading of Phaedra's inability to deliver her rehearsed read was awesome. I want to see more of that. I also loved her hugging Sheree.

I believe that Shamar would admit to being "Gay if he truly was. He seems to have no issues with it, I think he's amused by the rumors now because they are so old, and quite frankly bored of trying to defend himself . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, byrd said:

I am usually on target with my "GAYDAR",  but I am not getting those vibes from Shamar Moore. My gauge must be off, am I the only one that doesn't see this ?  

I tend not to trust mine as much since I completely misread a situation with a male makeup artist at Sephora a few years back...but I feel very strongly with shemar moore.

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Sorry I am late to the party.  Am still wading knee deep over at Instagram and the many, many open letters from Matt.  Hilarious.  Thanks Andy!

I don't understand Instagram, if anyone is able to can.you do a social media dinosaur a favor and post them in the media topic?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't understand Instagram, if anyone is able to can.you do a social media dinosaur a favor and post them in the media topic?

I just googled "real housewives of atlanta + matt + open letter + Instagram" and am perusing the google list.  Most of the posts by Matt are inside of an article with the original post and comments and commentary.  I loved that Andy brought it up at part 2 of the reunion and would not let it go so easily.  My cue to run around Google.

The viewer who asked the question to Kenya about not hiring more guys to play her boyfriend seems to know what she is talking about.  In his posts he goes into how Peter and Todd told him how to "get the coins".  So funny.

Normally by part 2 of any of the housewives reunion I am bored but I am still interested in the discussion so I will see you all next week on the part 3 thread.

When Kenya was all up in arms about the hired bf and how people say she coerces retaliation by other, I was shaking my head.  I think she really thinks we all are stupid and she is a genius of manipulation.  The brain power of this group is pretty low.

• Love 3

Peter and Todd are real so it seems like you can pay a real boyfriend/husband to be on the show.  Peter's constant bid for attention makes a little more sense...but that man earned whatever coins Cynthia have him.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

I tend not to trust mine as much since I completely misread a situation with a male makeup artist at Sephora a few years back...but I feel very strongly with shemar moore.

Okay, I'll guess we'll see.

11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Since Andy has been hyping the last 5 minutes of Part 3, I guess there's no need to watch it until the last 5 minutes.

Hmmm.  I haven't seen this hype, but it explains why the drama surrounding this year's finale.  I get the Phaedra shade.  It's more than normal and verges on criminal, but that's not out of the norm for her.  I can't help but think something even worse goes down in the last round.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:25 AM, drivethroo said:

Kroy's not trying to hang with the Negroes.  That's why Kim left the first time around.

Did I fall asleep in a time machine and wake up in the 1950s?

• Love 1
On 5/1/2017 at 8:14 AM, walnutqueen said:

Did I fall asleep in a time machine and wake up in the 1950s?

I think it's because he couldn't even fake being civil to any of the women and their spouses/fiancés/boyfriends. He said that Sheree was the only one he liked. Contrast with Tom Dagostino on New York. Tom is clearly uncomfortable around the women, but he never seems like he's 2 seconds away from snarling, punching them out, and stomping out of the room, which is how Kroy came across.

• Love 2