Type keyword(s) to search

Episodes we'd like to see

• Start Topic

Let's discuss what we'd like to see Jen, Bill and the kids doing.  I'd love to see more of Jen at the hospital and Bill working.  As much as I want to see the kids when they start school, I doubt we will for thier sake.  Have we ever seen them grocery shopping?

• Love 2

"A Day in the Life."  But I mean a REAL day in the life, showing how the kids really get into the bathtub, who really changes their diapers, who really cooks the meals, etc.  Zoey getting genetic testing to determine her particular form of dwarfism (if any; I'm beginning to wonder if she wasn't misdiagnosed).  Both kids interacting with other children in a non-structured setting and on a regular basis.  A backyard!  As much of "Bill at work" as we have "Jen at work" because, hello, Bill also works.  And, finally, more -- MUCH more -- of Bill's family, who has really gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to holidays and extended family time.  And they are a hoot! 

Edited by all4mom
  • Love 1

I do too Jellybeans!  And I would love to know where she finds Zoey's clothes as well!  I remember she had shopped and bought girl's clothes at Bering's and Vera Bradley but those clothes are usually for babies--Zoey's getting too big for those now.  

• Love 1

I would like to see more of the kids interacting with each other; talking, playing, sharing, making decisions and how they get along with each other especially coming from orphanages where their background was not so focused on them as individuals, how did that prepare them to be and get along with others.  I have seen many videos of Will/Josiah interacting with other kids but nothing of Zoey of course so how does she behave.  Kids learn to talk by hearing others talk that is true but better if it is other children so let's now see them in a play environment not only with each other but other kids.  I would love to see Will working with his speech therapist or working on that related "homework"...how are they learning English?  Are the children going to be schooled in their own language as well or move onto English solely, is that the goal?  

How is Will's potty training going and if he is behind (oops pun!!) then why?  I want to hear and see more of the kid's development and I myself am not really interested in Jen's work because we have seen that a few times and I don't want to follow another child's crisis at the hospital.  Maybe Bill's job is boring at Emerge but the pet store isn't at least to me.  

Maybe more of Kate unless she has said no.....I guess asking for others to be involved either means TLC paying them too or the person getting free advertising like Hannah with the cake.  Just show me those kids and I really don't want to see more of the 4 of them together because Jen is controlling how that is being presented and talking too much.  Bill is too passive and makes me want to shake him through the screen!  LOL  BUT those kids make my day and is what I want to see and I want to see them move forward and not talk about Bill and Jen so much anymore.    

For completely selfish reasons, I'd like to see more animal interactions - a trip to the zoo would be my idea of heaven.  My younger niece spent more time at the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park than anywhere else we went together, and by the time she was ready for pre-school she probably knew more about wildlife than most adults.  Will seemed to enjoy feeding the elephant, and I think his reactions to learning about the different animals would be fun to watch (and I want to see what makes Zoey's eyes get as big as saucers!).

• Love 3

There are situations - such as potty training and diaper changes - that would be rather embarrassing to both Will and Zoey in later years - I'm not much interested in those aspects of their life and can't imagine why anyone would be. If Bill and Jen want the viewing public to be a part of their children's medical appointments and challenges, then that is up to them, although I can see this coming back to haunt the kids in later years too.   I loved the Christmas show, so I would like to see family celebrations, perhaps a day with mom and dad in the pool or going to the park for a picnic.  Just nice, normal family things.  And of course where Jen gets those fabulous clothes!

• Love 3

Zoey meets the medical definition for either dwarfism or a growth hormone problem. Her height is in the range for an evaluation. She may have a form of proportionate dwarfism. To not have an issue she should be close in height to Will already. I would guess that having her growth hormone level checked would have been something they did very quickly unless they had already determined the type of dwarfism she has. I'm curious about that also as they know everyone else's type of dwarfism.

I'd like to know about where Zoey's clothes are from, too.

Just like production cut the sea lion viewing that many of us found very interesting, production may think free play would be too normal or boring while many of us would like to see the children being natural.

I don't want to see toilet training or bathing as I think that's too invasive for the children and I complained when "that other mother" let all such things be filmed.  In fact the more I'm reading, the more I think it's time to end the show after this season.  I think it's time for them to enjoy their family privately. 

• Love 7

I agree that it's time for just periodic updates (as cute as I think the kids are, I don't think the presence of the camera is natural or healthy for them).  Plus, Jen is getting such the big head!  I get the "over it" jibe from Bill, but Jen drives the train, so it'll be interesting to see when -- or if -- SHE is willing to retreat from the spotlight.

• Love 2

Good idea, Lillybee...  I wonder if Bill and Jen will get them active in LPOA which, if I'm not mistaken, is how they met (through a dating website there) and also where they were looking to adopt (can't remember if one of the kids actually came through them)?  Will seems less interested in interacting with Zoey lately, although she imitates him a lot.  It would be nice to see them WITHOUT Bill and Jen, too!  As for Bill disciplining Will, he DID tell him "hands off" the train under the Christmas tree!

• Love 1

I seem to remember Zoey was through a LPOA listing or sign up. We saw Jen and Bill with little person little boy in Texas a few season ago I thought. Maybe they could have a little person get together for all the kids in the area. That would be both fun and a service.

• Love 2

I would like to see Bill get his much-needed and long-overdue back surgery.  Also, a Klein family reunion at the house; there's plenty of room, I'm sure Bill misses his family, and they're great fun to watch.

• Love 2

I, also, would love a bit on Jen's clothing sources. Her clothes are amazing given her tininess. I think a trip to the San Diego Zoo would be really fun. I would enjoy any family holiday times with the children interacting together -- Fourth of July picnic & fireworks, that sort of thing. I hope Bill has his back surgery, but I don't think it would make interesting filming. Any teaching experience with preschoolers is fun -- a dairy, an orchard, maybe a trip out to Galveston. 

• Love 2

I, also, would love a bit on Jen's clothing sources. Her clothes are amazing given her tininess. I think a trip to the San Diego Zoo would be really fun.

mbutterfly - I liked the episode where Jen had an outfit made by Chloe Dao.  It was interesting to see how Chloe addressed proportion and fit.  I'd also love to see anything related to shopping for Zoey's adorable little outfits.

The San Diego Zoo/Safari Park would be cool, especially if they could get one of those behind the scenes tours.  I remember taking my niece to a few of those; her favorite was the closed to the public nursery wing - baby animals are sure to bring a smile to everyone's face.  They also have a wonderful Children's Zoo section that is perfect for toddlers.  Maybe the Houston Zoo has stuff just like this, though?

• Love 1

Is the Little Couple broadcast is the UK or Australia?  Ususally when these TLC shows are, we get a vacation show out of it while they also attend publicity events.   At this point, the show need "somethng", I pray we see no more ilness!   They are teetering on the fringe of child exploitation at this point IMO and I do hope they are sensible enough to end it before that happens.

Jen could always test the waters in the pageant circuit with her girly girl.  Heck, I could even see adorable Will winning in the boy's divisions.  As "Little People" that'll give those snobby pageant judges a run for their money.  You never see any disabled kids in those contests....  There could even be a "Here Comes Zoey Boo Boo" spinoff!

Well I am a normal sized person and I could care less where Jen gets her clothes because they would never fit me or look right on a bigger person.  Anything that is made small looks adorable.  I personally am not a fan of Jen's clothes/style, all cardigans and ballet slippers or shift dresses with matching shoes.  Who wears matching shoes??!!  Her worst outfit was the black and white polka dot dress with matching ballet slippers....cute on a 5 year old but that is all.  I am sure she shops at upscale children's stores like when she and Judy went shopping for Zoey's clothes.  A poster said that was a very upscale store =$$.  She doesn't buy her clothes at discount stores.  And in China she bought the Mandarin dress in a children's size which fit her perfectly and was one of the better looking outfits I have seen her in.  

I want to see more of the kids but I am being selfish and also think what is best for the kids is taking the cameras away.  I notice Will and now Zoey look often at the cameras.  The episodes are being drawn out with too much couch time with Bill/Jen almost like filler time which was quite evident in the last episode when Bill went on and on and on about how he and Will had the same love of trains and cars, geez tell us something new Bill or tell us something else.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind seeing clothing epsiodes, I'm sure it's a bit of a challenge for Bill as well.  I would assume the majority are bought childrens and then altered.   I enjoyed the Chloe Dao episode as I loved Chloe from when she was on Project Runway.  I would imagine Jen medical scrubs are custom made as well. 

My wish is that TLC would do some sort of "All Stars" show.  It would be true entertainment to see Mama June, Michelle Duggar, Jenn, Kate G, as well as the other TLC moms all in the same room.

• Love 3

Ahhh yes Bill's clothes......baggy shorts he has to keep pulling up so my guess is no belt and they haven't been altered, same shorts every show just a different color and of course the RL polo/golf shirt and his dockers or crocs...pretty much that is it!  Of course his suits would have to be custom made and shirts. 

Clearly the clothing issue for little people is more interesting to some people than others. I find Jen's clothing interesting because she does dress stylishly against pretty great odds. I think the shifts with the cardigans are purposeful to give her a longer line. In fact, in general a good deal of skill has gone into her clothing choices for work, travel and recreation. Not everybody's cuppa. Still it is an interesting to many topic that it no way exploits the children. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think Bill's back surgery should be at least as interesting as Jen's cancer treatment, and they certainly devoted a generous amount of air time to that...  And still do, if you count all the endless references to it...

Actually, MrMattyMatt, there was a little person contestant on "Toddlers and Tiaras."  Please don't ask me how I know this.  Jen won't enter pageants (the hotels aren't nearly as nice as those to which she's become accustomed) as long as she's got this platform but, as I've opined before, I have no doubt that Jen's ultimate goal is to have a show of her own or at least a regular spot on someone else's.

Edited by CuriousParker
Merge Posts

Is the Little Couple broadcast is the UK or Australia?  Ususally when these TLC shows are, we get a vacation show out of it while they also attend publicity events.   At this point, the show need "somethng", I pray we see no more ilness!   They are teetering on the fringe of child exploitation at this point IMO and I do hope they are sensible enough to end it before that happens.

Jen could always test the waters in the pageant circuit with her girly girl.  Heck, I could even see adorable Will winning in the boy's divisions.  As "Little People" that'll give those snobby pageant judges a run for their money.  You never see any disabled kids in those contests....  There could even be a "Here Comes Zoey Boo Boo" spinoff!

Toddlers and Tiaras already had a little person contestant.    Now, I noticed a new show about little people living in Los Angeles.

Ok, I love all reality shows and yes this show is a favorite but, if it's a reality show, I want to see reality. For instance, when Jen took Will for a mommy me day with NiNi in tow, for them to make sure to state that Jen doesn't need NiNi to come along she can take Will out on her own. Seriously??? She was holding two yoga pads and a huge purse how was she going to to manage Will. My point is, be real, it is obvious that you have accomplished a lot but you do need help. That, to me is what I would like to see, how they truly get places, how they get the kids out of the car. How they have to adjust because they are little. Another thing, have they ever had an argument? A disagreement, ever. The only time I remember a disagreement was when they were trying to determine whether to buy a house or have it built and honestly that wasn't an argument. I am not married but, I don't think there is one couple anywhere that has never had an argument. If they choose not to show that, it adds to my point, it is not reality.

• Love 4

Jen obviously has a tremendous need to appear perfect at all times.  For instance, wearing her little cap while asleep in bed when Bill woke her up to say goodbye before leaving for the airport.  Really, Jen?  Dimes to donuts she doesn't wear the cap while sleeping...  Makes for dull viewing, although it's fun to snark on.  But it's definitely NOT "reality" or, for that matter, "educational."  I hate to keep invoking the Hennons, since they were much maligned and detested, but they showed what parenthood was really like for little people.

I would love to see an episode showing how they ACTUALLY manage through the day (and night), but that would blow Jen's image...

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't want to see arguments. I can go to the mall and see any number of them. We only get them 30 minutes a week for a very few weeks of the year. Why is it a stretch to imagine they do not argue often? They are professionals, no doubt they keep things discreet. That is realistic.

I'd like to see their trip to Disney World, the beach, picnics, train rides, making crafts, learning to cook together... this is not a reality show about drama mamas. It is also illegal for them to (have to) prove any type of parenting accommodations under the laws of the ADA thank goodness!

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 5
(edited)

I tune in to reality TV to see reality, not fantasy or spin or a PR campaign for a certain someone to get her own show...  But that's just me!

Edited by all4mom
  • Love 1

I love Mr. Matts idea, an all star show/mix em up show.

How about  Jen and sister wives with 19 kids ?    Bill and Jen on Sex sent me to the E.R.?   Will could be the next "Keck" Boss !    If he keeps on eating keck, he could be on My 6OO lb. Life.

Zoey and Honey Boo Boo go to live with the Amish.

• Love 2

I tune in to reality TV to see reality, not fantasy or spin or a PR campaign for a certain someone to get her own show...  But that's just me!

I don't think there is such a thing as reality tv without fantasy or spin or PR, etc. etc. 

• Love 4

I don't think there is such a thing as reality tv without fantasy or spin or PR, etc. etc. 

The Little Couple is no different from any other (scripted) so called reality show.    The first year starts out somewhat unscripted, then after they see themselves on tv, big changes occur along with the vacations, special parties and whatever else.     The Kleins had whiter teeth, Bill highlights his hair and they now have a make up person on staff, along with the big new house while they both claim to have full time jobs.

• Love 2
(edited)
I thought we thought this was the one exception...  Guess not!

Of course there's spin. Everyone puts spin on the portions of their life they share with others. I guess I view this show similar to how I view my FB friends' posts. They're going to show the mostly good with a little bit of struggle now and again, but we'll never know everything that's going on.  Given that probably 90% of a person's (or family's) life is rather boring to those outside it - got up, took a shower, went to work, went to the gym, blahblahblah lifecakes - that makes sense.      

But episodes I'd like to see... I'd like to see a daddy/daughter outing. We've seen Jen and Will, Jen and Zoey and Bill and Will. I'd like to see Bill and Zoey do a special activity.  

Edited by joanne3482
  • Love 4
(edited)

The reason they had to manufacture "Mommy and Me" episodes was to compensate for the genuine bonding -- there's that word Jen loves to use -- that was lacking in "real" (there's that word again) life.  But agree that I'd love to see "Daddy and Me" for Father's Day.

It's clear that the chemistry and compatibility between Bill and both kids "over the moon"; no need for plotlines, props, scripting, coaching, spin, or retakes there.

Edited by all4mom

I,d like to see the kids play with other kids, they will learn to talk faster being intergrated with kids their own age, its not normal not  to have visitors and other kids to bill and jen's house and I'd like to see them not constantly wanting kisses from the kids, they are treating and raising them like toys, also Will has a temper and I,md like to see Bill really chastise him and for goodness sake get them out of diapers, he is 4 years old, unless they are planning on sending them to a private school what school will admit them in dirty diapers no teacher that I know wouldn,t be changing diapers, jen admits she can,t handle Will when he has temper tantrums what is she going to do when he gets bigger than her, she admits she can,t manage him now, he certainly needs to be disiciplined certainly more than time out I don,t think he even really knows what that means, when he goes to school other kids won,t put up with him, he is smart and should at least be able to talk whats the most he can say in a sentence is I want cookies, I think Jen abd Bill should seek advice on parenting for the normal world

• Love 3

Now that I've learned Zoey has a thing for shoes, I want to see her go shoe shopping with Jen.  I know, that is one of the worst things to do with a toddler, but I just can't help myself - I wanna see those cute little shoes, I do, I do.  I have no idea where this is coming from, as I care not a whit for fashion and wear the same pair of flip flips till they fall apart!  Maybe I'm the one who needs therapy  :-)

• Love 3

Now that I've learned Zoey has a thing for shoes, I want to see her go shoe shopping with Jen. 

Well... I want to go shoe shopping with Jen and Zoey and I am not a shoe person. But they can change my mind! :-)

• Love 2

Jean e its true no teacher is going to chang big poopy diapers from a newr 5 year old stubborn agressive grunting kid. Not gonna happen they are setting him up for failure. You are seeing what alot of us are too many issues early on they need real help. Will probably has no idea how to play with kids his age and yes...omg stop kissing him on the lips hes too big for it and he will be like a kid in school recently who got into lots of trouble because in kindergarten he kept kissing the other kids in their mouth...not cute and if he can demand kekkkk to shovel in then I just bet he can have good sentences.

• Love 2

Since ratings are so high and they may be under contract, I would assume they will have a few more seasons at least.  I asked once before if anyone knew if this show was shown in the UK or Australia?  If so I would expect a "big trip" coming up. 

I'd love to see more of Jen at work, but I suppose Texas Children's puts limitations on that.

Bill is a CEO of some other business in NYC (other than the pet store) - have we seen or heard any more detail on that?  I only started watching last season and caught a few odd earlier episodes on rerun and youtube.

I would be interested in seeing the kids start school and see them learn, but of course with that comes the challenges too and then we get into possbile mild exploitation. 

Other than holidays, trips, birthdays, tea and crafts, I'm not sure what else they can do.  It may get old very fast.  that might be a good thing (for them!)

The episode I would love to see is the final one, hopefully this season is the last.  Jen and Bill say they work but we really do not know if that is true.   I have often wondered how much Jen could work with all those trips for fertility, surrogacy, adoption, the fun trips and then her cancer.   I wonder if she just fills in because she cant be full time while taking all that time off.

Myself and others have seen many signs that both of them have been bitten by the fame and the money that comes with it. The big house with the free furniture, the trips, the parties.    I actually think they like the fame the most.   Dining at Mr. Chows is what all the D listers do the minute they get to L.A.     The fake paparazzi who are hired by TLC they seem to like a lot too.

• Love 2

have often wondered how much Jen could work

Good point. OTOH, I knew a physician who supported himself and a family at a nice middle-class level by working a single 12-hour shift in the ER every week. His wife was a teacher, so they had some income there, but he still earned quite a bit more than she did. Jen could easily put in limited hours and still make a good living. As you note, it would be extremely difficult for her to work a standard 40-hour week and do everything else. They have the TLC money as well.

• Love 2

I don't get bored by watching a normal family have a good time... maybe it's because my life no longer feels normal. Watching a family be a family (with no drama) makes me contented and that is why I like this show.

If they ever start fighting and throwing things (lol) I am done.

• Love 4

I would love to watch an episode where the family goes to an LPA convention.  On LPBW, those were always my favorite episodes.  I would love to see Will and Zoey interacting with kids who have the same challenges.

• Love 3

I really don't like a lot of people in and out of my house and I get the vibe that Jen is the same way. She might prefer the kids to socialize at the playground, kiddie gym etc., versus having to be responsible for other peoples' children at her home.

Jen obviously has a tremendous need to appear perfect at all times.  For instance, wearing her little cap while asleep in bed when Bill woke her up to say goodbye before leaving for the airport.  Really, Jen?  Dimes to donuts she doesn't wear the cap while sleeping...  ...

I went through chemotherapy at around the same time that Jen did. And I can assure you, that yes, I did wear my little cap to sleep in every night. Having no hair on your head causes a person to loose a lot of body heat. Every website that sells scarves etc to chemo patients sells sleep caps. They are a necessity, not a vanity item.

• Love 10