Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Floor

• Start Topic

"I expected this kind of thing from my wrists, and my ankles, and my knees.  And my hips.  But my back was never like those assholes!"

I love that when Grace is crawling over Frankie, and Frankie tells her she's really a striking woman, instead of being annoyed at the interruption in the midst of this crappy situation, she gets all happy and says, "Thank you."  And, of course, I love, "Fuck me in the eye," when she realizes how far away the phone is.

The slow-speed race across the floor for the phone was supremely silly, but I enjoyed it very much.  Along with the entire final segment with the guys.  "Would one of you geezers get me off the floor?" when they were deciding how to leverage their problematic body parts.  And Sol diving to hide the medications from view while Robert sneaks Grace a heating pad as they video conference with the web designer.

I laughed out loud at Brianna's disgust with the people on Tiny House Hunters.  I'm generally with those who've said they like the ex-husbands and the kids best when they're with Grace and/or Frankie, but I do love the kids together on their own.  "Can you fit a full-size pizza in your house?"  "Nope, personal pan only."

I still think Robert has better chemistry with the ex-priest than he does with Sol.  "This quiche better be good."

• Love 15

Brooklyn Decker has more screen time this season compared to last. I'm wondering if other commitments or her pregnancy prevented her from being absent so much last season. Which is nice for her, but frankly I kind of prefer Brianna-Coyote-Bud as a group compared to the complete four. It's probably because Mallory is so poorly developed compared to the rest and she isn't given as many funny lines.

I'm kind of disappointed they seem to have dropped Coyote/Mallory, which I liked simply because I wanted to know exactly what attracted straight-laced Mallory to earthy Coyote. I can't imagine them getting together even if she divorces, though. Can't imagine her and the kids in the tiny house.

I've realized Coyote and Bud are the second generation of Grace and Frankie. The dynamic is extremely similar.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

Along with the entire final segment with the guys.  "Would one of you geezers get me off the floor?" when they were deciding how to leverage their problematic body parts. 

Me and my problematic parts felt this episode.

I loved the Tiny House Hunters references. I've watched just for the moment when they decide the tiny house just isn't roomy enough...makes me laugh each time.

• Love 3

That was my favorite episode so far. Grace and Frankie's exchange about still feeling like a kid while your body sings another tune was really brilliant and poignant. I'm not their age but I still remember the moment when I slipped on black ice and realized I'm no longer falling like a careless toddler but like somebody who knows her chances of breaking something have massively increased. I got up alright except some back pain for a couple of days but yeah, it sucks realizing you're on the other side of the hill now. On a brighter note: I absolutely loved that last shot with them sky-ping from their Vibrant HQ (which Saul and Robert must have set up) and both their ex-husbands working behind the scenes or rather crouching underneath the table to make sure everything is running smooth.

• Love 11
On 3/25/2017 at 4:08 PM, Clanstarling said:

I loved the Tiny House Hunters references. I've watched just for the moment when they decide the tiny house just isn't roomy enough...makes me laugh each time.

Oh yeah...I have nothing against Tiny Houses.  If I were single, I would love to live in one.  But Tiny House Hunters is just ridiculous.  I always love it when people say things like, "I don't know if I can fit my couch in here" or "I need to have room for my two mastifs" or "I love to entertain huge groups of people."

• Love 3

I loved when they were in Duke's lot and Mallory turned the corner and screamed, and Brianna yelled at Coyote "Run - it's too late for Mallory!" But I agree with Brianna about Tiny Houses too. I want there to be a Tiny House Hunters Hunters. 

Coyote is such a man child, he didn't even comprehend the significance of the "older gentleman" who wanted back rubs? 

Usually this show doesn't go for the cheap visual gags so the physical comedy between Fonda and Tomlin was unusual but it worked precisely because they never seem to really go there. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Oh yeah...I have nothing against Tiny Houses.  If I were single, I would love to live in one.  But Tiny House Hunters is just ridiculous.  I always love it when people say things like, "I don't know if I can fit my couch in here" or "I need to have room for my two mastifs" or "I love to entertain huge groups of people."

I like a little more space, myself. But I do think they're great options for people who want to own their homes but can't afford a "regular" house, and who want something different than an RV.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2017 at 7:08 PM, Clanstarling said:

Me and my problematic parts felt this episode.

I've only seen the outside of tiny house...they show the inside soon? As one who has watched many tiny house shows, I think having one is hysterical, especially one that small. Will theirs be for sale sale as soon as the "real" ones seem to empty? ; )

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I like a little more space, myself. But I do think they're great options for people who want to own their homes but can't afford a "regular" house, and who want something different than an RV.

I don't think the producers like to pick single women or men anymore. They all seem to have great danes or 3 dogs or cats and dogs. Forget the room, can you imagine the smell of having all the animals, food, litter boxes and bathroom within yards of each other. There aren't enough fans. lol

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I had no idea there was a show Tiny House Hunters!   I hate tiny houses for myself.  

There is Tiny House Nation (on Saturdays) Tiny house hunting, Tiny house Big, and probably more on other cable networks. I think the biggest is tiny house nation right now. I feel it will ebb soon as more and more get bought and can't resell. Good for some, vets, homeless, older couples, but not the demographic they push too.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, debraran said:

There is Tiny House Nation (on Saturdays) Tiny house hunting, Tiny house Big, and probably more on other cable networks. I think the biggest is tiny house nation right now. I feel it will ebb soon as more and more get bought and can't resell. Good for some, vets, homeless, older couples, but not the demographic they push too.

I don't know who their demographic is.  A friend of mine had one built on her daughters property so when she visits she has a private place to stay and be able to have longer visits (she lives 2,500 miles away).

ETA.  It makes sense to use one as an hotel suite which this really is.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't know who their demographic is.  A friend of mine had one built on her daughters property so when she visits she has a private place to stay and be able to have longer visits (she lives 2,500 miles away).

ETA.  It makes sense to use one as an hotel suite which this really is.  

Yes, for some they are the "less rich" guest house. That is what they are zoned for, mother-in-law or guest house usually. It's when they want to live on it alone it's an issue. But sometimes, plumbing and other utilities can be an issue also depending where you live.  I laughed as a mom of older teens when a college student lived on her parents property to be "independent".  I don't think many people watching doubted she ate there, "shopped there" for groceries and used the bathroom when composting seemed less appealing. ;)

• Love 2
On 3/25/2017 at 9:45 AM, EarlGreyTea said:

I'm kind of disappointed they seem to have dropped Coyote/Mallory, which I liked simply because I wanted to know exactly what attracted straight-laced Mallory to earthy Coyote. I can't imagine them getting together even if she divorces, though. Can't imagine her and the kids in the tiny house.

Oh, her and the kids would get the big house and most of the cash because fathers..step bro...divorce lawyers...cha ching!

I like them together. She and he...make sense in some weird way that her and hubby don't.

I remember the last time I fell. Alone. No phone nearby. I had to lay there for a few minutes to decide how the hell I as gonna go about getting up. Took me around 10, 20 minutes and a lot of painful groaning to get up.  I miss the days when I could just spring up and laugh about it...ah, youth...

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

I remember the last time I fell. Alone. No phone nearby. I had to lay there for a few minutes to decide how the hell I as gonna go about getting up. Took me around 10, 20 minutes and a lot of painful groaning to get up.  I miss the days when I could just spring up and laugh about it...ah, youth...

Even when I was young, that "I've fallen and I can't get up" bit wasn't funny to me. The ad was a little cheesy, sure, but I'd been around enough older people to know that it's no laughing matter. And now I am one. It still isn't funny (except on this episode).

• Love 4

There's actually a slightly larger version of a tiny house (between 300-400 square feet) that are being built to help address homeless problems and I think those are awesome!  That said, you'd have to sentence me to an actual Tiny House to get me to live in one, I think it is a great movement to address housing problems but I would set foot into one and the place would be a disaster in three minutes, I'm sure. 

What an awesome, fun, uplifting episode after a day of not great news out there in the world -- it was the Lions, Tigers and Bears kind of day in the freaking weather between earthquakes and hurricanes, plus the regular antics of The News -- and this episode was a sanity saver.  It was such silly fun, when my husband got home, stressed to the eyeballs,  I had him watch it with me again before bed and it just made him feel better.  

Only two amazingly gifted actors could have pulled off that silly floor race and Lily Tomlin was hilarious.  So was Jane Fonda, but when Frankie was slowly spinning herself around, I was giggling to the point of tears.  

Then Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston's "we're not actually gay and you can completely tell when we have scenes together, despite our best efforts"  chemistry problems just evaporate whenever they are near Fonda or Tomlin and suddenly they are a believable couple.   

The whole thing was like a mental hug.  

• Love 3