Type keyword(s) to search

Heartaches, Bromances, True Love and Team Arrow: the Relationships Thread

quarks
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

@johntfs thanks for answering! 

I knew they weren't going to last but I had seen an episode or two of Legends and LOVED Ray so I was MEGA excited that he was the temp LI for season 3. The S3 love triangle was like Christmas for me. I only wished they had resolved it a bit more gently on Ray somehow because I adored the boy but alas. My Raylicity heart rears it's head sometimes =P

You're welcome.  Honestly, I'd have rooted much more for them to have lasted if Ray had been written more like the adorkable dude he is in LoT.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, johntfs said:

You're welcome.  Honestly, I'd have rooted much more for them to have lasted if Ray had been written more like the adorkable dude he is in LoT.

I think because I saw him on LoT first, I accepted his personality on LoT as Canon and watched S3 with a different set of eyes to everyone else.

But I'm good with glossing over stuff on TV. Firm squeeeeeeeeeing fan of Oliver and his heart eyes after 519 onwards but while I was watching S4 I advocated Felicity burning all his stuff on the lawn and setting fire to the loft in response to the BMD storyline (I'm an angry little person sometimes!). 

• Love 1

I find it really trobling how people just justify Rays action. Because his worst hour came in 3x17 of Arrow. Top on the behaviour from the begining it makes me really uncomfortable. 

Him basically saying to Felicitys face that he was always honest with her and apparently couldnt trust her. He made LL seem likeable in 3x17.  The fact that Felicity who was shown to stand her ground time and time again, had to be all meek and apologetic after these scenes felt so absurd. 

fa7f928628f1bb02dbceb76f23a10157.jpg

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 15

Why do people so often want Oliver to show the kind of man he really is by asking him to kill them?  Don't love the similar Ray to Chase vibe.  

I did love that Oliver of course didn't kill him and that yeah, Felicity already of course knew that.  Sorry Ray, you're just too late to the table. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I saw this come up on twitter and I still find this scene adorable:

I enjoy that scene so much more now the season is over, lol.  No longer bitter, just sweet.  :D

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

This is literally my second time watching that scene and it is SO MUCH better post-bitterness.  I wonder if I can stomach the cuddle at the end of 4x08 now.

Let's test it :P

Sounds good to me @calliope1975

Yeeah.  It's better with temporal distance and sans context, but still aggravating!  She gave him the BEST opening.  He could have even acknowledged there was still something but ask for her trust not to tell her. That would have been bad, but I'd have understood it more.

Okay, change of topic... What fairytale archetypal romance would you connect with Olicity?  I'm assuming some exist in fanfic.  Cinderella leads itself to early Olicity, I suppose?

• Love 2
On 2017-08-03 at 10:02 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

Still nope. Hard nope. Lying coward.

What struck me about that scene was not the lie but how many times Felicity said "partner", "partnership", "best partner I can be" and Oliver still didn't get what she was talking about.

It took him walking in Felicity's shoes in 5x19 to get a clue.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Ok another gift from Twitter I never noticed this moment, Bless!

Anyone else wondering how exactly he's holding her? Also, man, how strong is Stephen or how light is Emily that Stephen doesn't even look like he's straining holding her up. Because there's quite a distance to the floor the way she goes down.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

It is especially impressive if this scene was filmed after his Ninja Warrior arm injury.  At least in the present day scenes he could draw on it and let his pain show through as he carried her.  But effortless is a good word for that up there, both in the physical lift and the beautiful chemistry they have.

Gah, I just want to smack the writers a bit for not writing to Olicity earlier in the season.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They sell it so well because they look like they are thinking about sex. 

I've seen TV couples who look like they are wondering what's for lunch during a kissy scene.

You could make that even "I've seen TV couples on Arrow..." of which there are multiple, Lauriver, Bilicity, Chase the DJ/Thea, Raypoter and Oliver, Sara/Oliver etc

The only couples I think on the show that seemed to have passionate effortless chemistry are Thea/Roy and Olicity. The rest range from omg terribad, to mediocre, to okay, to great but nothing special (imo)

• Love 4
17 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Ok another gift from Twitter I never noticed this moment, Bless!

The nose thing is adorable as well.  Is this from when he helps her down from the Salmon Ladder?  Cause that is so incredibly flirty. 

Ok I hope this works! 

This person on Twitter has posted some cute gifs of little Olicity moments! Very cute! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrenchyFan23/status/896334751749083137

Oliver had the cutest set of kicked puppy heart eyes in S3!!!!

I love how they have grown up on screen together. In S3 it was kicked puppy heart eyes, S5B before Lian Yu blew up they were much more flirty and I don't have the right words to describe it but it's like the heart eyes became more more grown up heart eyes! OMG IT IS LIKE THE BEST SHIP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Love 3

I didn't really enjoy s3 as it aired but with hindsight s3 Olicity had some good angsty moments and great heart eyes. Mainly I just enjoyed Oliver looking at her all longingly tbh. Even though I wanted to shake him at the same time. Haha.

The flirty heart eyes in 520/522 were awesome and much needed after the rest of whatever s5 was. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Just rewatched 5x10/19/20. 

This show is all Olicity/OTA/Felicity/Diggle for me.

I will forgive so much if I get these dynamics and relationships. 

519/520 was the pinnacle of the season for me :') I loved those episodes so much! It goes right up there along with 409, 320, 309, 222, 223, 2A

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12

Who do you guys think is kinkier? Oliver or Felicity?

I actually think Felicity from what I've seen. She perves on him more and instigates things more. Plus she's always on top! For his reputation as a play boy Oliver is more heart eyes and loving looks. 

Hehe happy for you to provide clips and disagree with me ?

5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

For sure, Felicity.  Her mind is just more creative overall, while Oliver is strategic and adoring.  Like, if for some reason Felicity was having trouble getting off, he'd likely double down, explore new angles, pressure, temperature, etc, but not necessarily from a kink perspective if that makes sense.

Ollie Queen's idea of kink would be multiple girls and public sex.  All about bucking society with his privilege in boring heteronormative ways.  I do think Oliver would be delighted to have Felicity dress-up or role play a little, but it's not something he would request, while Felicity has fun surprising him.  It turns her on to turn him on.

I have wondered if they have ever played with bondage.  I think Oliver might like to be tied up a bit by Felicity, because he does trust her so much and because she probably gets crazy wild to have such control over all that. However, bondage brings in power dynamics that I don't think they really wrestle with.

Over all, I like to think that they have lots and lots of "regular" old sex, with some experimentation in positions (cue spin to the back in 5x20).  I don't see them getting bored with each other for a long, long time.  Any kink is just for fun.

Though does keeping your socks on count as a kink?  Because Oliver apparently really likes socks.

Hi, I think too much about the sex lives of fictional characters.

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 9

I don't know if Felicity is kinkier but I do think she's probably more apt to try to get Oliver to experiment. The difference between them, I think, is that if it doesn't work, Felicity would just laugh it off, while Oliver would probably brood over it until Felicity gets him to smile again. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I don't know if Felicity is kinkier but I do think she's probably more apt to try to get Oliver to experiment. The difference between them, I think, is that if it doesn't work, Felicity would just laugh it off, while Oliver would probably brood over it until Felicity gets him to smile again. 

Or keep at it. Oliver, it's been three hours, I have a presentation in the morning. -Wait, just let me turn you a bit this way.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'd say Felicity, because she seems to be more creative than Oliver,  but then there was that moment in 401 when Oliver asks Felicity "Do you want to play a game?" and Felicity's response made me think that he's asked her that before, under different circumstances, with different results, so... ;)

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hahahahah love it @TrueMyth! That was a very thorough answer! 

So who jumps who more often? I still think Felicity does! I blame it on 401.

I think both would jump each other pretty equally though I think Felicity more so if they'd been in an argument or they needed it as a distraction from a bad day.  

I think Oliver would be very open with his affection but I also think he'd be really super protective of Felicity's privacy and only would put her in a compromising position if he too was swept up in the moment or if he thought the thrill of possible discovery was turning her on.  (He also might manufacture a controlled setting that seems like they could be compromised but was actually secured)

I think eventually Dinah is going to hear ALL the details of their love life (cause Felicity needs a girlfriend in Star City and she'd want to brag and get suggestions for more fun) but I would be shocked if Oliver did more than grin like a man with a smug secret over Felicity's more kinky side.  I do not see Oliver now as one that would kiss and tell.  Now OLLIE, that duouchebro,  probably filled in Tommy about every fling he had.  I'm less certain of how he'd have spoken about Laurel.  Part of me is inclined to say he didn't talk about their sex life but part of that isn't out of respect but boredom, lol.  

• Love 4

Definitely equally likely to pounce, though I do love how Oliver often lets her lead in kisses and such: pulling her close, breathing her in, but letting her choose to close the final distance.  Consent is sexy.

I anticipate at least one scene of William-interruptus in S6.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

Definitely equally likely to pounce, though I do love how Oliver often lets her lead in kisses and such: pulling her close, breathing her in, but letting her choose to close the final distance.  Consent is sexy.

I anticipate at least one scene of William-interruptus in S6.

Why stop with William?  We need coitus interruptus caused by everyone!  So in the bunker (multi locals), City Hall (the office and the conference room I'm thinking) and for funsies, toss in a few warehouses and alleyways!   We have teammates, office staff, reporters, FBI agents, and bad guys all waiting to get in the way. 

Edited by BkWurm1