Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Telizza & Shai

Eighteen-year-old Telizza became bi-curious when her online friendship with Shai turned romantic. Frustrated by several failed attempts to video chat, Telizza has turned to Nev and Max to uncover the truth.

Lol  Yeah.  Not that sexuality isn't fluid and can't change based on attractions to a specific person, but having an emotional relationship and a physical relationship are two different things.  Based on the ending, I don't think that relationship ever got physical.  I think "Shai" was just an emotional crutch for Telizza.

When they first met and were having their stand-off I could've sworn both of them were smirking.  I think this was another fake one anyway. I think "Shai" (I'm blanking on her real name and I just finished watching it like an hour ago) came clean sooner and this was their way to meet since they probably couldn't afford the plane tickets without Catfish.

• Love 1

Shai sent her an "inbox" (add that to the list of irritating locutions young people use 

I hear you, but some of those old-timey white collar office metaphors aren't going to connect with the kids. And not many people still have a physical inbox on the their desk anymore?

• Love 1

For some reason I found that one kind of sweet, and more like past seasons. Possibly because they both just seemed like nice girls. I do think the staging of it was fishy though -- production DEFINITELY knows where the catfish is. Maybe the producers were just doing that "trying to get the tickets changed!" song and dance for Nev and Max's benefit, since allegedly they don't actually know what the producers know.

And hey, it got Makeda a free trip to Chicago from this new follow-up structure!

(Although of course the "my friends/family wouldn't approve that I'm exploring my sexual orientation so I can't tell them, except on this national television show!" bit always cracks me up.)

• Love 4

These follow up visits are so cringey. Are we supposed to believe Telizza flew her out? Or she paid for a flight herself? And how does Telizza's friend who is clearly in love with her feel about this?

Edited by divaTy
  • Love 2

I thought Telizza was adorable! She seemed like a lovely young woman to me. I loved her sparkly personality and she was so self possessed for one so young. And gorgeous? her face was a perfect oval--I couldn't stop marveling at it. When she hits 30 she is going to be a complete knockout. Really nice to see people who aren't delusional or trashy. I did feel a little pang for her friend, who clearly loved her and was hurt that she wasn't confided in. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

I hear you, but some of those old-timey white collar office metaphors aren't going to connect with the kids. And not many people still have a physical inbox on the their desk anymore?

I feel like there's nothing wrong with "she messaged me."

• Love 5
14 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Maybe the producers were just doing that "trying to get the tickets changed!" song and dance for Nev and Max's benefit, since allegedly they don't actually know what the producers know.

Is this the season where everybody on the production staff gets to speak in front of the camera?

16 hours ago, gesundheit said:

And yes, that "inbox" as a verb thing was driving me nuts too! I always thought the young'uns were saying DM or PM now.

It's on my List of Grievances, along with "cheers" as a verb.  "Let's cheers!"  Nope.  Cheers is what you SAY, when you TOAST, not something you DO.  Argh.

And hey, get off my lawn while you're at it ;)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

I feel like there's nothing wrong with "she messaged me."

But the word inbox is right there on the screen, and means nothing else to these kids. 

I'm not trying to defend it, just noting where it comes from. It's not just random stupidity, IMHO. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, starlightlost said:

Everything is incredibly fake now :( I checked out makeda's facebook page...she auditioned for America's got talent ? 

I was suspicious with the smirking, now I know why. What's her talent?  Lying?

• Love 3

I was surprised that Nev and Max did not check in with Telizza's BFF at the end.  Maybe they did and did not want to show it.  I assume she feels she has been replaced by Shai. 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:59 AM, divaTy said:

And how does Telizza's friend who is clearly in love with her feel about this?

Yes, how is Antoneice?   She seemed like a nice person and good friend.
Also, whose pictures did Shai use, and where did she get them?