Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Toronto - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Strong premiere, and much stronger than Sydney.  Still trying to get to know everyone, but Roxy is bringing the snark for me!  She's somewhere between overconfident and delusional, and seemingly lacking in self-awareness.  Perfect housewife.

Christian lady is just too much, but I look forward to watching the other women put her in her place.

So far Toronto has my interest, and I can't wait to see how the season develops!  If the first episode is any indication, this HW city might just give Vancouver a run for its money!

• Love 6

I have to agree this was a good premiere. It reminds me of a mix of RH of NY combined with old school OC if that makes sense. Roxy looks a lot like someone I know. Roxy is very fabulous but I don't agree having a dog nanny and getting it groomed every 2 weeks is foofy. That is not uncommon where I live and I do that and more with my guy. 

Joan and Jana could be sisters visually.

Ann looks like Dana from an older season of Big Brother US and her foundation needs matching (too pale). She gave me the creeps with her glee at the groups revulsion during her husband's demonstrated procedures. Also the spiel she did about enormous diamonds and multiple homes was awkward. 

Grogoriane is such an unusual name but memorable and pretty. In RH world the cast member who claims to be "the life of the party" is often the most negative nelly or the messy embarrassment. But so far Grego is positive, cheerful, and composed. 

Kara is in a word; tone-death. 

• Love 4

Roxy Earl is over the top with the Dog Nanny!. Grego is well known in Quebec as an actress. Joan Walker's husband was married to Belinda Stronach. He still runs Magna International which was founded by Belinda's dad.

I suspect that Kara Alloway will be the Heather Dubrow of the Franchise. Jana will be the Brandi Glanville.

It was an enjoyable episode to see Toronto looking so good.

I think that this cast is better than the Real Housewives of Vancouver.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, Petunia13 said:

In RH world the cast member who claims to be "the life of the party" is often the most negative nelly or the messy embarrassment. 

This truth right here!

20 hours ago, oakville said:

Roxy Earl is over the top with the Dog Nanny!. Grego is well known in Quebec as an actress. Joan Walker's husband was married to Belinda Stronach. He still runs Magna International which was founded by Belinda's dad.

Ohhhh, makes sense.

I've never lived in a city that was used as the basis for a RH show before, so I'm looking forward to the Toronto edition.

• Love 3

Strong start to the season. It's taken very quickly to see already how certain personalities are bound to clash. Kara is just too much - her interrogation of Roxy in the park was beyond unnecessary and I wonder what the order of filming is because first we see her with her reasonable husband that more or less told her that she was being dramatic for no reason and to let it go and then next we see her with Roxy and she's literally admonishing Roxy as if she were a little child. 

Joana and Jana are going to confuse the hell out of me. From a distance they look alike and their names are similar as well. One of them looks to pull a shady move next week when they let Kara know that she wasn't invited to the party, lol. 

Roxy seems like the front runner of the RH that will be spunky and feisty in the ways that will make people like her more so than shape her as the villain. Looks like a promising season so far.

Anna seems very level headed and Grego seems very easy going and non-confrontational. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Strong start to the season. It's taken very quickly to see already how certain personalities are bound to clash. Kara is just too much - her interrogation of Roxy in the park was beyond unnecessary and I wonder what the order of filming is because first we see her with her reasonable husband that more or less told her that she was being dramatic for no reason and to let it go and then next we see her with Roxy and she's literally admonishing Roxy as if she were a little child. 

Joana and Jana are going to confuse the hell out of me. From a distance they look alike and their names are similar as well. One of them looks to pull a shady move next week when they let Kara know that she wasn't invited to the party, lol. 

Roxy seems like the front runner of the RH that will be spunky and feisty in the ways that will make people like her more so than shape her as the villain. Looks like a promising season so far.

Anna seems very level headed and Grego seems very easy going and non-confrontational. 

This is a good group. It' a classic RH scandal over a botched hickey removal. Kara was wrong to get mad over the procedure since Dr Mulholland fixed the hickey. Ann Mulholland was right to call out Kara for trying to ruin her husband' reputation. Roxy likes to stir the pot. Joan & Grego are my favourites so far.

Edited by oakville

Roxy's personal assistant's thousand yard stare is the funniest part of this show so far. 

6 hours ago, oakville said:

This is a good group. It' a classic RH scandal over a botched hickey removal. Kara was wrong to get mad over the procedure since Dr Mulholland fixed the hickey. Ann Mulholland was right to call out Kara for trying to ruin her husband' reputation. Roxy likes to stir the pot. Joan & Grego are my favourites so far.

Yes, Joan and Grego seem cool: very positive and pleasant.

"We kiss and hold for 10 seconds. A quick kiss is like a peck, and I never want my husband to be henpecked." Okay...

Molly, Ann's daughter, gives me life. [Reacting to Ann's shredded black and white dress.] "You'll look like a crazy person! Don't you have anything normal in your closet?" Ha!

Joana and Jana are going to confuse the hell out of me. From a distance they look alike and their names are similar as well.

To me, one of them looks like Jane Seymour and the other one looks like Malin Akerman. That's how I tell them apart. I like the fact that it isn't all skinny white blondes on the show, though.

One of them looks to pull a shady move next week when they let Kara know that she wasn't invited to the party, lol. 

That would be Jana (yoga lady).

I'm wondering if the Canadian cast of the show tends to work against the drama factor; I feel that culturally, at least, Canadians are way more chill than Americans. I don't see any of these women getting into a drunken screaming match with each other. In this episode, the most we got was Kara being rude to Roxy and Jana tearing up over her divorce. That's it. Even in the preview for the next episode, the height of drama is that Ann gets drunk!!!...and is discreetly whisked off to the bathroom by Roxy and Grego. 

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Roxy's personal assistant's thousand yard stare is the funniest part of this show so far. 

Yes, Joan and Grego seem cool: very positive and pleasant.

"We kiss and hold for 10 seconds. A quick kiss is like a peck, and I never want my husband to be henpecked." Okay...

Molly, Ann's daughter, gives me life. [Reacting to Ann's shredded black and white dress.] "You'll look like a crazy person! Don't you have anything normal in your closet?" Ha!

To me, one of them looks like Jane Seymour and the other one looks like Malin Akerman. That's how I tell them apart. I like the fact that it isn't all skinny white blondes on the show, though.

That would be Jana (yoga lady).

I'm wondering if the Canadian cast of the show tends to work against the drama factor; I feel that culturally, at least, Canadians are way more chill than Americans. I don't see any of these women getting into a drunken screaming match with each other. In this episode, the most we got was Kara being rude to Roxy and Jana tearing up over her divorce. That's it. Even in the preview for the next episode, the height of drama is that Ann gets drunk!!!...and is discreetly whisked off to the bathroom by Roxy and Grego. 

I used to watch the Real Housewives of Vancouver. The cast had a few Americans & a crazy Canadian person named Jody Claman.

Claman always started fights & threatened lawsuits. Ronnie was wasted & launched a wine label called Rehab.

The Toronto cast is relatively well behaved so far. It's early though. Orange County was calm for the first season

• Love 1

Kara seems one of those "I hate drama" women who in reality create drama everywhere they go.  She does seem to think herself a really nice person, not from what I have seen.

It is nice to see a put together wife that isn't a size 0, refreshing.  On weight, Kara is an unusual combination of really muscular but anerexic looking at the same time.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

The scene where Kara and her husband go for dinner showed how extremely thin she is, her shoulder and back bones....her face is also very sunken looking and unhealthy...she is not the picture of health!!! 

It is worrisome. Hopefully, she will calm down. Perhaps she fels threatened by the other Housewives who are financially successful than her?

• Love 1

OMG - Kara - so brittle, so self involved, so tone deaf.  Is she counting to ten while she kisses her husband?  So far, she's pretty unlikeable.  No sense of proportion  - her husband has to tell her that she's making a mountain out of a molehill re:  her dermabrasion issue from a million years ago.  She's really a type.

• Love 5
On 2017-03-15 at 1:33 PM, Eyes High said:

I'm wondering if the Canadian cast of the show tends to work against the drama factor; I feel that culturally, at least, Canadians are way more chill than Americans

Eyes High, did you ever see RHO Vancouver? So not chill, so much vitriol!!  ;)

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Jody Claman & her daughter destroyed the show. They kept trying to sue other cast members.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

That was only because of Jody and an alcoholic Ronnie (who is now sober I believe). The cast disengaged more often than they participated. The drama has been nothing like the franchise versions in the US. For the US versions, if you aren't bringing any drama or willing to be confrontational then you get kicked off real quick. Jody and an alcohol induced Ronnie were the ones driving the drama and instead of turning the anger and frustrations into drama for the show, they all just turned it into lawsuits outside of the show which is likely why it quickly met its demise.

Previews seem to show all of the Toronto ladies getting their hands a bit dirty (maybe except for Grego) but we'll see how it shakes out. Roxie seems like the early favourite to be willing to stir the pot.

• Love 1

So after Kara tried to scold Roxy and convince her that it was Roxy's fault…she goes to Ann and apologizes while trying to blame Roxy again.  Wow.  I loved Roxy standing strong and not allowing Kara to rewrite the narrative.  I think Kara felt Roxy would be a pushover due to her age and was shot the fuck down.  Brilliant!  & Ann seemed to give no fucks about Kara's face-saving apology.

• Love 2

Don't like Kara. Maybe because I have a christian background. I live in Canada and I feel like we apologize too much to each other. For example I just bought a pair of shoes and the sales girl and I said sorry in unison for no reason. To passive aggresive. I feel like Roxy has the "balls" per say. So far she is my favorite of the group. She can spend as much money as she wants on her dog. At least I don't have to count each of her fricking rib bones. 

Jody Claman & her daughter destroyed the show. They kept trying to sue other cast members.

KARMA got them both. My Mom used to shop at Jody's store and she was horrible even before she was on the show. She has even lost Custody of her Daughter Hannah

• Love 1

Hopefully Kara isn't nearly as bad as Jody. Jody may have brought drama but it's disgusting to know that someone is cashing cheques and building their 'celebrity' through a means that they don't deserve because they genuinely seem like a low quality human being.

• Love 2

Yep, my opinion of Kara hasn't changed - she's too much.  Nasty, skinny little bitch.  "I'm a triage nurse, I'm a journalist, I'm a marketing guru for my husband's firm...I'm just the best thing ever!!!!!"  Only in your own mind Kara...

• Love 5

I'd love to know what Ann Mulholland used to look like. She's had so many procedures that don't seem to suit her -- she should be in LA, not Toronto. Aside from her startling look, I think she's lovely and composed but I wonder if the reason she almost fainted and needed a bathroom tonight was because she was hungry.

Kara is another one who is odd looking. Her head is so much bigger than her body.  I bet she looks better in person.

• Love 2

So I'm starting to think that all of Kara's employment opportunities are really her dressing the part and not based on any experience which means that she would be doing the most basic within these industries but dropping those titles as a way to build up her resume to impress others. It was quite rude that Kara disinvited Roxy. You at least talk to Roxy and if you aren't content with how the conversation went, you flag your concerns about whether it's a good idea that they stay together in Muskoka. To send a rude text disguised in sweet words is ultimate bitch move. Also a bitch over to invite everyone on Roxy's birthday and stealing her party theme...however, Roxy needs to stop talking about how 'friends don't do this'...she should have called Kara and told her about her Mexican party and told Kara that she wanted her to be there but she's nervous because they've been butting heads recently and she'd like to have some resolution. That would have left the door open for Kara to understand that if they can't sort out their differences than it's best that Kara not show up to the party. You can't want invitations and/or expect someone to be a friend if you aren't doing your part either. Though with that said, Kara is still being way shadier than Roxy at this point. Trying to pretend she doesn't know why Roxy is being off with her...girl please, lol. 

Jana seems like a flopper at this point. Put some macka in her smoothie and all of a sudden she becomes your cheerleader? I also didn't like how Grego made a comment that if Jana sees something positive with Kara that she'll give her a chance. Don't you have a brain of your own Grego? Maybe take your pointers from your other friend Joana who has decided that she'll receive information but will decide for herself what to think. 

Ann seems very sweet. Her daughter has been a highlight in the past two episodes with the fashion commentary, lol. 

Joana was a good host. Can I get an invite to this dock party? haha

This series doesn't seem as scripted as the Vancouver one. That group got told where to go, what side projects to get involved in for filming. Most weren't even Canadian. I like the idea of the Toronto group, they seem to be making their own drama, but don't really like anyone, so far.

Oh, the blonde who lives in King City... she has the worst bunny lines. Her face is so frozen, those bunny lines appear even when she's not smiling.  I find it very distracting.

Roxie, on the other hand appears all natural. I think she's a natural on camera too. 

• Love 1

Wait -- there's a Real Housewives of Toronto??  How do I not know about this?  When's it on?  Is Bravo hiding it in some weird time slot like they did with the RH of Melbourne in the beginning?

Okay, double wait -- there's a Real Housewives of VANCOUVER, too??  Come on!  How are these getting past me??

• Love 1
10 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Wait -- there's a Real Housewives of Toronto??  How do I not know about this?  When's it on?  Is Bravo hiding it in some weird time slot like they did with the RH of Melbourne in the beginning?

Okay, double wait -- there's a Real Housewives of VANCOUVER, too??  Come on!  How are these getting past me??

Yes, it's on Slice for Toronto and Vancouver has been cancelled after two seasons :(

11 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

It comes on Tuesdays @ 10pm on Slice. The Vancouver version was cancelled after the second season but also aired on Slice. I think Slice still shows reruns and I think they may have the episodes still on their official site. 

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It comes on Tuesdays @ 10pm on Slice. The Vancouver version was cancelled after the second season but also aired on Slice. I think Slice still shows reruns and I think they may have the episodes still on their official site. 

Wow.  I consider myself a pro-level TV watcher, and I don't even know what the hell "Slice" is.  Apparently the 18 hours a day I spend watching TV just isn't enough.  I need to get serious about this.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Wow.  I consider myself a pro-level TV watcher, and I don't even know what the hell "Slice" is.  Apparently the 18 hours a day I spend watching TV just isn't enough.  I need to get serious about this.

I guess I would explain it as the Canadian version to Bravo - I'm not even sure if Bravo is offered in any channel packages over here.  So if you're American, no worries, you unfamiliarity with Slice TV will not negatively impact your level of pro TV watching ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I guess I would explain it as the Canadian version to Bravo - I'm not even sure if Bravo is offered in any channel packages over here.  So if you're American, no worries, you unfamiliarity with Slice TV will not negatively impact your level of pro TV watching ;)

Can I get an extra bonus point for knowing Slice while living in Switzerland ?! ^_^ (just kiddn')

• Love 2
On 3/22/2017 at 6:58 PM, bagatelle said:

This series doesn't seem as scripted as the Vancouver one. That group got told where to go, what side projects to get involved in for filming. Most weren't even Canadian. I like the idea of the Toronto group, they seem to be making their own drama, but don't really like anyone, so far.

Oh, the blonde who lives in King City... she has the worst bunny lines. Her face is so frozen, those bunny lines appear even when she's not smiling.  I find it very distracting.

Roxie, on the other hand appears all natural. I think she's a natural on camera too. 

On 3/22/2017 at 6:58 PM, bagatelle said:

Oh my God, YES! She seems like the nicest one, and from the front, she is kind of attractive.....but don't turn to the side! From that angle, the nose and bunny lines take center stage. It's almost like two different people.

Ann's surgery is awful. She looks like crudely molded clay.

Commenting on Kara's looks is like picking low hanging fruit, and I do feel a tiny bit bad for her.....but her general appearance and proportions are so wacked out that I seriously wonder if she has some kind of medical issue.

• Love 1

Kara seems to have the thinnest veneer of niceness - when Ann was playing dumb about the "sex tent" - Kara snaps at her "it's a sex tent Anne".  She's so humourless, so phoney, so all about herself.  Also, kind of a liar.  Also, I think Roxie has to get over the fact that Kara revoked her offer of hosting a birthday party for her.  Enough already.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 2

Roxy hit the "it's my birthday!" a bit much, but I understood.  Kara fucked up in several ways with her--birthday party, place to stay, trying to blame Roxy for her own blunder, pretending not to remember her birthday--I think Roxy is allowed to be annoyed.  I'd like if she stopped mentioning it, though.

Kara is a stick in the mud.  She seems to think she's the moral arbiter of the group and that all should bow down to her view of appropriate behavior.  And WTF was up with her intentionally trying to get "revenge" on the hungover ladies?  Yes, you are immature and petty, Kara.  Apparently, that isn't against your rules of etiquette as a host or a friend.  And ha ha!  They had a great time & you were kicked in the ribs!  Karma?

Ann & Roxy and Joan(a?), Grego and Jana (still sorting out the blondes) seem to have a lot of fun together.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

And WTF was up with her intentionally trying to get "revenge" on the hungover ladies?  Yes, you are immature and petty, Kara.  Apparently, that isn't against your rules of etiquette as a host or a friend.  And ha ha!  They had a great time & you were kicked in the ribs!  Karma?

Agreed!  Plus, if she's such a Christian, wouldn't revenge be exactly what you shouldn't be doing?  Turn the other cheek and all that?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Agreed!  Plus, if she's such a Christian, wouldn't revenge be exactly what you shouldn't be doing?  Turn the other cheek and all that?

Yes, exactly! 

Kara was going on and on about being a host. I'm pretty sure trying to make your guests deliberately ill isn't Emily Post-approved.

Why is that the people who openly preen the most about what good Christians they are are always the pettiest, nastiest, most judgmental sorts imaginable? That revenge prank was something a malevolent child would think up. I'm glad she got kicked for her trouble.

• Love 7

Now that my eyes have adjusted to Ann Mulholland's extreme and unnatural looking plastic surgery, I have stopped focusing on it and can appreciate how great she is. 

I really liked how the ladies enjoyed the hotdog ride and wanted more turbulence, much to Kara's chagrin. They seem like a good bunch who won't need the writers to script the story-lines. 

How many times have they said Muskoka these past two episodes. Is Muskoka paying them for the plug? 

• Love 2

Kara is a devious bitch.  Yes, Roxy carried on about her birthday a bit much.  I found it odd that someone so obsessed with a birthday party was willing to spend her birthday away from her husband. 

Kara really needs to find a different group of friends to hang out with.  She does not enjoy the same things.  Everyone else is not suppose to change their ways just to please her. 

• Love 3

I just watched the last two episodes back to back. I really wondered how close the cottages owned by the ladies actually were. Muskoka is a very large region (some 2,500 sq miles) with 1600 or so lakes. The three biggest lakes are Muskoka, Rousseau and Joseph. They showed the names of each area so it seems like their cottages may be in all three main lakes. They made it look like it was a short boat ride from cottage to cottage but in reality would not be. And Muskoka doesn't need to pay anyone for a plug. Cottages 20 years ago that averaged $250,000 now average a million dollars, and go up into the 8 figures. It is a very sought after area, and many people have been priced out of the market. 

While I am not a fan of Kara's, I much preferred her dinner to Joan's dock party. For me that would have been torture. I go to the water to get away from people, not to recreate a club scene in a peaceful setting. Ugh. 

While Roxy did go on and on about it being her birthday the day of Kara's dinner, I have no doubt that Kara did not forget it was her birthday. She even gave Roxy a sly look when she invited everyone at the dock party. Not to mention she texted Roxy (or at least Roxy said) that she was no longer invited to her cottage, and she was not throwing her a birthday party. How could she throw her a birthday party if she did not know it was her birthday?

Wow, Kara calling herself a triage nurse? There are no words. I think she may have been dropped on her brain stem as a child, as she is very delusional. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bagatelle said:

Now that my eyes have adjusted to Ann Mulholland's extreme and unnatural looking plastic surgery, I have stopped focusing on it and can appreciate how great she is. 

I really liked how the ladies enjoyed the hotdog ride and wanted more turbulence, much to Kara's chagrin. They seem like a good bunch who won't need the writers to script the story-lines. 

How many times have they said Muskoka these past two episodes. Is Muskoka paying them for the plug? 

Yeah, the ladies seem pretty cool, Kara excepted. Roxy would be fine if she would just chill and stop trying so hard.

I don't know anyone over 30 who really bothers with birthday parties for themselves, unless it's a multiple of 10 birthday (40, 50, etc.). I didn't mind Roxy being upset at Kara jerking her around, but she needs to go out for a nice birthday dinner with her significant other like a regular adult and be done with it.

While I am not a fan of Kara's, I much preferred her dinner to Joan's dock party. For me that would have been torture. I go to the water to get away from people, not to recreate a club scene in a peaceful setting. Ugh. 

Yeah, gimme a quiet dinner party with good conversation over a noisy, clublike atmosphere any day.

6 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I love this show! Kara is the villain but nowhere near as evil as Jody from RHOV.

I want to vist Muskoka this summer! The water looks beautiful.

I like Joan, Ann, Grego & Jana. They have fun together.

5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Agree. Joan's dock was far too crowded and noisy for me.  People couldn't move.  What fun is that.

I don't know why Kara was angry her guests got tipsy.  They were enjoying themselves -- she should be happy about that.

However, stop complimenting hosts who go all out for their dinner parties.  It was the hired help who did a phenomenal job.  The host just nods her head as to what is offered and writes a cheque.

• Love 1

I had to search to find this forum.  I was so pleased to find that others were watching this too.  {Although Slice seems to be really pushing it; they seem to air the episodes every day, several times a day ~ I often wish that they would repeat some of the other RH shows as I do not have a DVR and must catch the episodes when they are aired.}

I love the Muskoka episodes, I used to live in Ottawa and have very fond memories of holidaying in the area.

Perhaps it is because it is new, but so far the ladies seem to be very authentic, or at least, their authentic selves.  That is to say, it does not appear to be overly “scripted”.

I agree with others that the intimate dinner party would be much more to my taste than the dock party.  That said, I would enjoy a dinner party hosted by any of the other women.  Kara’s sanctimonious, condescending, attitude spoiled what appeared to be a beautiful setting, with stellar food and company.  If the other women noticed Kara’s disapproving, cat’s bum face, they were very gracious guests and expressed both their gratitude and appreciation sincerely.

As for Roxy’s birthday, yes, it was ignorant of Kara to apparently deliberately overlook it. At the same time though, Joan was correct, Roxy dwelt on it far too much and really needed to let it go.  She accepted the invitation, indicating that she thought it would go towards smoothing things over and instead, pouted throughout the evening…”Where’s the Dom?” “No toast?”  And as malicious as Kara  appears to be, I would like to think that the book inscription was truly an unfortunate error and not an intentional slight.

Joan’s brunch on the other hand, looked warm and inviting, not just on the surface.  The ladies’ good nature, humour, and warmth, contrasted sharply with Kara’s bitterness and vitriol.   “Revenge is a dish best served wet.” It was wonderful not only to see the others graciously accept her malevolent invitation, but thoroughly enjoy the “banana ride”.   Karma certainly kicked Kara in the ribs.  Her lack of self-awareness is bewildering.  Although perhaps it shouldn’t be – a self described “fashionista”, Kara’s wardrobe seems to be filled with frilly overdone ruffled confections that do not flatter her figure at all.  She appears to be as much of a fashionista as she is a triage nurse.  I initially couldn’t help wonder if she was having the audience on and hoped we would see her as a fun, wacky, delightful chatelaine.  Now I do believe she is genuine. Genuinely petty, superficial, sanctimonious, ignorant twit.  And finally, for someone who proclaims herself to be “worldly”, having holidayed in the playgrounds of Europe, she is extraordinarily prudish.

Despite her unfortunate facial surgery, I quite like Ann. She seems to be very kind and considerate, open to listening both sides and makes an effort to resolve issues without drama. I love that she cooks for her family despite having loads of help. Were my ship to come in, I would retain the role of cook. For me it is an expression of love.

While both Roxy and Kara seem to flaunt their wealth {and excess} none of the others seem to feel the need and appear very down to earth; I would definitely enjoy the company of Joan, Gregor {sp?} Jana, and Ann.

• Love 3