Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Eye of the Hurricane

Following Wozniak's discovery that Stahl's target is his close friend and Mayoral Candidate, Julia Ayers, Wozniak launches an all-out war with Stahl. Meanwhile, Harlee dives into an investigation that takes an unexpected turn into her own past - and ultimately throws her in the cross-hairs of Wozniak and the FBI. At the precinct, a new, unwelcome presence threatens to uncover the crew's deepest secrets.

I apologize for the all caps use but SAPERSTEIN!  I didn't read the "guest starring" list so seeing him show up in the flashback took me totally by surprise and frankly made my night as lame as that sounds.  Santino looked so good.

So Woz was outed to his wife.  I wanted to see more of that conversation.  I don't really have much to say except this is another episode I enjoyed. 

ETA:  Forgot to mention how much I loved the opening scene where Woz ordered blueberry pie for Harlee, which she hates, and the pancakes for Stahl with a smiley face he could manipulate.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5

I freaking love Ray Liotta. He is clearly having the time of his life with Woz and it's really fun to watch.

I know they had Stahl's son playing Mousetrap to set up that parallel about him and Harlee/Woz but all I could think was of course Stahl got that awful game for his kid. A friend of mine got it for Christmas when we were younger and we were so stoked to play it. The entire thing is basically just the setup, which takes forever, and her box had a part missing so it didn't even work. It's entirely fitting that Stahl would purchase such a stupid toy. Also, he has serious issues and has no business being an FBI agent.

I liked the flashback to Hurricane Sandy (Sap!) and the stuff they're setting up with Julia.

I'm sort of feeling the new IA guy.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I freaking love Ray Liotta. He is clearly having the time of his life with Woz and it's really fun to watch.

I know they had Stahl's son playing Mousetrap to set up that parallel about him and Harlee/Woz but all I could think was of course Stahl got that awful game for his kid. A friend of mine got it for Christmas when we were younger and we were so stoked to play it. The entire thing is basically just the setup, which takes forever, and her box had a part missing so it didn't even work. It's entirely fitting that Stahl would purchase such a stupid toy. Also, he has serious issues and has no business being an FBI agent.

I liked the flashback to Hurricane Sandy (Sap!) and the stuff they're setting up with Julia.

I'm sort of feeling the new IA guy.

Ray Liotta is having a ball.

Stahl is terrible at his job because he's too busy playing Galaga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did.

Awww, Santino. I miss him here and in West Coooooovinaaaaaa! 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

I have loved Ray Liotta since his days as a soap opera actor on "Another World". ANYTHING he does as an actor, he does well. I could watch him watch paint dry and still be entertained. : )

I do have to say though, I am a little disappointed with the low number of posts on this show. Then again, I don't think it is advertised/hyped as much as a lot of shows are. 

• Love 4

'I needed a translator -- I don't speak rat.' 

Liotta just owned this episode -- if whoever is in charge of his Emmy reel doesn't submit the bulk of this for his, they need to be fired.  He ran the gamut from menacing/scary/heartbroken/defeated/vengeful...and sold every second of it.

If he's not careful -- he's going to venture his ass into Cranston territory with making Woz into a 'Walter-Whiteesque character who is really a 'villain' who you can't help but root for.  You can't be a lightweight actor and still sell the 'rooting for the bad guy. (looking at you, Stahl -- I just can't get behind you as an ultimate good guy defending the system by whatever means, you're creepy, pervy, and think you could save a basket of puppies and I'd still want Liotta to snap your neck.)

Edited by BeatrixK
  • Love 11

I had completely forgotten about Woz making out with the guy last season (and it happened to be the ONLY episode I missed last season) so I was thrown for a loop when I heard the phone call.   "Wait he was with a guy?! - No, I did see the fall out from that.  My bad!"

Stahl has to be THAT big of an idiot after tangling with Woz already to think "You know what?  I'll go after one his best friends" without thinking Woz won't seek revenge in some manner. 

• Love 1

I freaking LOVE Ray Liotta, he is a gold mine. JLo is good too, but Liotta ... OMG. Woz MAKES this show. I couldn't have been happier when Stahl got busted for Hooker Harlee, but I was pretty stunned to see he has a son. That guy is a FATHER? No way should he even be allowed around children much less have one to raise, so Woz did the kid a favor. Loved Stahl getting all spasticated looking for the camera. I didn't know Stahl had audio of Woz with Donnie though. When did that happen? And on a shallow note, last season JLo wore jackets that covered her rear, while last night we got a full view as she went up the steps. And no Christina last night = YEAY!

• Love 6

I didn't think this show would make another season, but I am so glad it did! I think I'm even more into it than last year.  Ray Liotta is just so top notch and raises the bar in every scene he's in.  Jennifer Lopez who usually annoys the crap out of me is really really good in this and I almost like her :)

Have to say this and it's bitchy: Did Anna Gunn gain a thousand pounds since Skyler days?? She's huge!

• Love 1

I watched every second of Breaking Bad and didn't know Anna Gunn was on this show until I read it here last week. So this week I paid attention to her name in the credits, and STARED at her when she was on, and I still don't recognize her. Whatever she did, she sure doesn't look anything like Skyler White.

Maybe that's a good thing?

Woz vs Stahl = total awesomeness! No Christina - Yay! IA dude makes me nervous. Nava in bed with Harlee - I heart Gino Anthony Pesi!! When he smiles, he can do no wrong in my book!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

Woz vs Stahl = total awesomeness! No Christina - Yay! IA dude makes me nervous. Nava in bed with Harlee - I heart Gino Anthony Pesi!! When he smiles, he can do no wrong in my book!  

I can't figure out if Harlee really likes the ADA or if she's just using him in some way. 

Yeah, Stahl, back down. Sure, he has the power of the FBI behind him, but I doubt he can match Woz's wrath and plans for revenge. I think he really was going to kill Stahl until Harlee made him back down. Didn't like her putting a gun to his head, though. 

18 hours ago, eliza said:

Really loving this season so far, crazier, darker and the cast is even better, it was nice so see Sap again.

I agree. Everyone is bringing it this season. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, BeatrixK said:

If he's not careful -- he's going to venture his ass into Cranston territory with making Woz into a 'Walter-Whiteesque character who is really a 'villain' who you can't help but root for.

Liotta is great but I can be fascinated by the character yet not root for him.  I didn't root for Walter White either.

10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was pretty stunned to see he has a son. That guy is a FATHER?

I was surprised when I saw the kid but then I remembered that he was in a custody fight with his ex-wife last season.  Or at least I think I remember that.

44 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

I just watched this episode and there is a different actress playing Woz's wife, I know her face but I forgot her name.

I'm guessing Lolita wanted a juicier role than what this turned out to be.  The actress playing his wife is Margaret Colin. 

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm guessing Lolita wanted a juicier role than what this turned out to be.  The actress playing his wife is Margaret Colin. 

And Margaret Colin also got her start on soaps. She was on As the World Turns when I was pretty young. (My mom watched a lot of them so I watched a lot of them when I was a kid. Funny how they are almost all gone now, isn't it? I think Days of Our Lives and Young and the Restless are the only two left and there used to be about 10 or so.

I love this show uncontrollably. I loved the scene between Harlee and Stahl. All bets are off, and I am here for it. Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta are doing an outstanding job on this show.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Liotta is great but I can be fascinated by the character yet not root for him.  I didn't root for Walter White either.

I was surprised when I saw the kid but then I remembered that he was in a custody fight with his ex-wife last season.  Or at least I think I remember that.

She also pl

15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Wasn't she also in Independence Day?  Jeff Goldblum's girlfriend?

Oh, wow, as a former As The World Turns junkie, now I have to take a second took at Margaret Colin. She was a young hottie back then. I doubt I will recognize her any better than I do Anna Gunn. But thanks for the info! And Harlee with the Nava guy? I'd use the heck out of him if I had the chance. Dude is smokin'. So good on you, Harlee. Glad they are back together, for whatever reason.

7 hours ago, Dakisela said:

Wasn't she also in Independence Day?  Jeff Goldblum's girlfriend?

According to IMDb, she was.  I remember her most from the short-lived but really good show Now & Again.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:13 PM, saber5055 said:

I freaking LOVE Ray Liotta, he is a gold mine. JLo is good too, but Liotta ... OMG. Woz MAKES this show. I couldn't have been happier when Stahl got busted for Hooker Harlee, but I was pretty stunned to see he has a son. That guy is a FATHER? No way should he even be allowed around children much less have one to raise, so Woz did the kid a favor. Loved Stahl getting all spasticated looking for the camera. I didn't know Stahl had audio of Woz with Donnie though. When did that happen? And on a shallow note, last season JLo wore jackets that covered her rear, while last night we got a full view as she went up the steps. And no Christina last night = YEAY!

I remember a scene from last season regarding the custody battle he was having with his ex. He didn't come off very well in it, from what I recall, and I didn't think he was any more fit to be a father than I do now. Seriously, I hope that video of him with Hooker Harlee is enough to get his custodial rights taken away for good. He's also about four short of a bushel on a good day, and that sort of hair-trigger temper should not be inflicted on a child.

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but didn't Harlee ditch one of her wires (the one that was disguised as a necklace) into the trash can and Woz's office and it recorded the Woz/Donnie conversation? I think that's how she learned about it, when Stahl played it back for her. I remember a scene of her watching/listening to it and being very surprised.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, helenamonster said:

guised as a necklace) into the trash can and Woz's office and it recorded the Woz/Donnie conversation? I think that's how she learned about it, when Stahl played it back for her. I remember a scene of her watching/listening to it and being very surprised.

yeah that's what happened.

I loved the whole scene in the diner between Woz, Harlee and Stahl this 3 have an electric chemistry and the dialogues were perfect.

• Love 4

Oh, you are right about the wired necklace in Woz's trashcan, helenamonster. Thanks for clearing that up. I do remember that scene now. I'm looking forward to seeing what Woz will do next. I'm Team Woz, all the way. Maybe if Stahl were even a fraction of a fraction likable, but as is ... I want total Stahl fail.

I'm craving some pancakes with a face on them.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2017 at 9:26 PM, Irlandesa said:

I remember [Margaret Colin] most from the short-lived but really good show Now & Again.

I definitely remember her on that, but in fact there had been attempts to establish her as a primetime star in the mid-1980s: I recall when in quick succession we got the sitcom Foley Square (lawyers) and the drama Leg Work (investigators), she being the central character in both. I also saw her on Broadway about five years ago, as Lady Croom in the revival of Stoppard's Arcadia.

There's not much new I can add that hasn't already been said but I loved this episode. Woz and Stahl have such contempt after having used the tapes against each other. 

I was surprised to see Harlee back in her little robe. I thought she would have tossed it out after disgusting Miguel had his paws all over her when she was in it. I would think it would be a bad reminder of that douche. 

No Cristina! Thank you! Please stay with your tia! 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, SuzieQ said:

I didn't think this show would make another season, but I am so glad it did! I think I'm even more into it than last year.  Ray Liotta is just so top notch and raises the bar in every scene he's in.  Jennifer Lopez who usually annoys the crap out of me is really really good in this and I almost like her :)

Have to say this and it's bitchy: Did Anna Gunn gain a thousand pounds since Skyler days?? She's huge!

Ditto. And ditto.

I usually can't tolerate JLo, but she is so, so good in this. Of course, Ray Liotta carries the show, but JLo is good, too. I'm so glad this show is back. 

• Love 3