Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: EPICSHELTER

The recruits learn how to handle the situation if they are ever exposed; a death leads to an FBI investigation at the Farm; Alex uncovers the true traitor within the CIA.

I'm so confused, I'm just glad it's over. It was Lydia, no it was Miranda, no it's Lydia, no it's Dayana, no wait it's Lydia again!

Caleb! The mention of him was the best part of the episode. 

I'm still trying to figure out just why , in any logical universe, 20 nations would get together and willingly swap all their secrets and spy stuff in the name of transparency.  Other than that, I got nothin'. Oh, except that, yes, you can destroy a hard drive by hitting it with a hammer.  You just need a big enough hammer.

I'm still confused. I'll have to wait for a recap to explain it to me. All I know is that the Scooby Gang, most of whom have less than two years experience in covert activities, are now, pretty much, in charge of US (and world) security. Yeah, that makes sense.

Edited by rur

I think it was supposed to be somewhat morally ambiguous without a firm resolution of who was "bad" (other than the First Lady, which is why she deserved to be beheaded) but it was so poorly written that instead of ambiguous it was just nonsense.

13 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm still trying to figure out just why , in any logical universe, 20 nations would get together and willingly swap all their secrets and spy stuff in the name of transparency.  Other than that, I got nothin'. Oh, except that, yes, you can destroy a hard drive by hitting it with a hammer.  You just need a big enough hammer.

Any excuse to basically retool the show yet again, at least they're finally ditching the timeline stuff.

37 minutes ago, Free said:

Any excuse to basically retool the show yet again, at least they're finally ditching the timeline stuff.

Are they? Perhaps we'll get interspersed scenes of Caleb's time stranded on an island learning how to become a top-rate archer and fighter under the tutelage of various guest stars who will also randomly make an appearance in the present.

I am actually usually fairly attentive, but I have almost no clue as to what happened this season. And I don't really much care.

1 hour ago, NorthstarATL said:

Are they? Perhaps we'll get interspersed scenes of Caleb's time stranded on an island learning how to become a top-rate archer and fighter under the tutelage of various guest stars who will also randomly make an appearance in the present.

I'd wach that ! 

No, but really... this show is unique in how it can just twist everything up till no sense and still remain entertaining... 

I have no idea why I'm still watching. And, just trying to make sense of this mess, it seems that no one was really a member of the AIC (not even Lydia) at the end... all the suspects were "black-ops turned radicals" if I get it correctly... (except for the First Lady, cause, yeah, sure...)

Still, can anyone remember what happened to Raina ? 

Ah... well... I know I'll be back... but really, I keep wondering why ! 

Edited by Triskan

Reboot time! I assume they are turning down the serialized stuff for more of a stand-alone, Mission Impossible sort of format. And, yeah, Caleb is so competent that he should be leading the team. Talk about nepotism.

As far as I could figure out, the hostage-takers were supposed to be idealists who were going to steal the nations' secrets as a kind of Snowden-style expose of all the bad actions that covert intelligence agencies carry out but instead Lydia and some other folks decided to piggy-back an all-out insurgency on their scheme. 

I may give up on the show now.

6 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

I am actually usually fairly attentive, but I have almost no clue as to what happened this season. And I don't really much care.

We might still get flashbacks, but from spoilers, it seems like it'll be more proceduralized, just Alex and her team working on cases and stuff like that.

I'm glad it's not just me. I got to the end and am still super confused who the baddies were and what happened between Alex and Ryan. Clearly they've broken up but why? What happened? Why did they break up? I've invested time watching their relationship over these two seasons so I want to see how and why they broke up.

Edited by ReeBee85

I was probably going to give up on this show but they reeled me back in with the Caleb tease.  Why he wasn't involved from the start this season is beyond me. 

I also have no clue how everything was explained.  I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing for the show that, that statement is true and yet doesn't effect whether I will keep watching.

I also have no idea why Alex and Ryan aren't together anymore.  

I think Alex and Ryan broke up because Alex still believed there was a terrorist group in the CIA.  Everyone else bought the story the Lydia was running a legitimate operation and the guy who was blown up was just disgruntled, but Alex being the lone holdout caused strain between her and Ryan (who was too busy being a real CIA agent).

I almost made half sense of the plot reveal until I realized it really did include Lydia running a real black op, which if that was a the case Director Ice Eyes would have known about it and wouldn't have called in the FBI to ferret a secret organization to begin with.  So I just decided to be glad this mess was over.  I have to give some credit to the show runners because it seems like they realized this crap wasn't working and wrapped it up rather than dragging it to the season finale.

So it looks like Harry and Liam are back despite not being on the team.  Hopefully Sebastian is out.  I'm tired of this Sam and Diane thing he and Harry have going on.   Why wasn't Will on the team?  Every TV government team needs an IT guy.  It's TV law.   

I think the last scene the cast just found out the renewed for another set of episodes because they were all but giddy.

Contrived, cliche, audacious and/or predictable at times. Did I say contrived?

And yes, the obligatory IT guy or girl-lol

Note, what was the scene in which the Chopra was injured or is that in an up coming epi.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, Maverick said:

I have to give some credit to the show runners because it seems like they realized this crap wasn't working and wrapped it up rather than dragging it to the season finale.

I doubt the showrunners deserve any credit.  I suspect this was an edict from the network as a condition of moving out of Sunday and after DWTS.

45 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I doubt the showrunners deserve any credit.  I suspect this was an edict from the network as a condition of moving out of Sunday and after DWTS.

That makes sense. The Monday timeslot has been their procedural spot for the past 8 years with Castle. Conviction was supposed to take the place of that, but was kind of disastrous. I guess this was ABC's plan to try and save Quantico and keep a procedural on their line up.

I wonder how low the bar is for ratings in order to get a renewal?

Do you think they can handle a procedural?  Both of the two seasons have been an absolute mess to try to follow- the mid season breaks make it worse.  I binge watched the last 3 weeks, and I gave up following whatever plot they were trying to feed us. 

Aliix and Ryan fell out of love, because she fell in love with Owen.... just as she fell in love with Liam last season. Plus she and Ryan were too competitive with their assignment. Ryan is no good  when it comes  to judging someone's character. 

And how did Shelby get to be the defacto head of the office a year after graduating from Quantico? 

19 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Do you think they can handle a procedural?  Both of the two seasons have been an absolute mess to try to follow- the mid season breaks make it worse.  I binge watched the last 3 weeks, and I gave up following whatever plot they were trying to feed us. 

Aliix and Ryan fell out of love, because she fell in love with Owen.... just as she fell in love with Liam last season. Plus she and Ryan were too competitive with their assignment. Ryan is no good  when it comes  to judging someone's character. 

And how did Shelby get to be the defacto head of the office a year after graduating from Quantico? 

They probably can't handle a procedural, but they are really bad at continuity. So not being so serialized may help them hide that a little.