Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

(Said in a voice of a whiny 5 year old) Ahhhhhhh....buuuuuuuuuutttt....SMPLSIMON, Jenna SAID that Kelli and Judy talked her out of retiring...her, Jenna, not Jenn K., not Melissa, not Jaxx, or Megan, or Amy T. Or Claire. 

When I read that, I rolled my eyes so hard that they are still stuck behind my brain. Darn you, Jenna, your THIRSTY self proclaimed "QUEEN Royalty Soul" has blinded me!!!! 

I don't think that was a lie. Obviously posting it would be riskier than saying it on an insta story, but still. Those things have a way to reach Kelli. The other girls had weight issues, jobs waiting for them or in the case of Jenn K, wanting to start a family. Jenna is still younger than many rookies and is definitely young enough to stay on a few more years. Personally I can't stand her anymore and I want Erica or Lacey for point, but I don't think she was lying. Just that she chose to phraze it in such a way that it seemed like Kelli didn't want to lose her.

• Love 3

There seems to be a lot of dislike for Jenna on this site, but I have to say, I really love watching her dance and I do think she's a great candidate for point girl. I don't see the scar being an issue in the decision. I'm picturing Jenna, Erica, and Holly as the most likely (and most fun to watch) triangle, with either Erica or Jenna at point. I think either lady would be fantastic, and since they appear to be such good friends and team players, I think each would be graceful and happy for the other if they weren't chosen themselves. This is not to say they wouldn't be disappointed if they weren't chosen, of course. I'd love to see Lacey behind the point--I've said before what a fan I am of hers and want her to be featured more prominently. I think Kashara, Heather O, and Maggie also will be moved up more prominently in the formation to keep the blondes mixed in. If they feel like they need a blonde for the triangle, my bet would be on Kashara. She is so fun to watch! I'm betting Robin will earn a solid spot too, probably still on the front line, and I'm hoping she's a second leader this year.  Guess I'm still salty about some vet cuts, but I really do like the majority of vets who made it back and love watching them dance! 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Jenna has been at point for certain performances before, so I'm not sure why she definitely won't be point this upcoming season. Personally I'm team Erica, but I think there's a good chance it will be Jenna.

Worth mentioning too that no one has cared about Jenna's scar up until this point, so not sure why it would matter now. They've never even photoshopped it out of calendar photos. People have scars. Life goes on.

Pff. Exactly. See you at point, Jenna. She'll be there.

And as if her scar even matters. If she were that hideous, she wouldn't be there in the first place. Jenna is incredibly recognizable and talented. I realize that beauty is subjective and we all have our favorites,  but I don't think any sane person could call any one of these ladies outright ugly. 

• Love 9

Omg a scar is a scar. No one cares about a scar. I have a prominent scar on my chin, does anyone ask me about it? No. Do I care about it? No.

(edited)
15 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Jenna SAID that Kelli and Judy talked her out of retiring...her, Jenna, not Jenn K., not Melissa, not Jaxx, or Megan, or Amy T. Or Claire. 

Playing devil's advocate.  Is it possible that Judy & Kelli tried to talk them all out of retiring?  Or maybe when someone give notice that she intends to retire Judy & Kelli routinely ask if she's 100% sure that's what she wants, but Jenna took that to mean they tried to talk her out of it.  I agree with @dreamcatcher, it wasn't an out & out lie, there is no way Jenna (or any of them) would be stupid enough to think she wouldn't get caught & reprimanded. 

46 minutes ago, M1977G said:

If they feel like they need a blonde for the triangle, my bet would be on Kashara.

I'd guess Amy.

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Omg a scar is a scar. No one cares about a scar. I have a prominent scar on my chin, does anyone ask me about it? No. Do I care about it? No.

Agreed.  As @Oranaiche mentioned, if they don't photoshop the scar out of swimsuit pictures that exist so they can make money on a calendar, they clearly have no damns to give about it.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

I'd love to see Erica at point, but think Jenna or Holly would be equally great there. Jenna is thirsty and has already shown herself positioning herself over other girls in practice videos to be up front and center. It's subtle, but it's there. I'm over her, but can't hate her for campaigning to be front and center. She can pull it off dance wise, she's in shape, and she has seniority - not that seniority actually, truly matters. Kelli can put a rookie front and center if she wants to, and has in squad photos before. 

I still think if there's a fight in this, it's going to be Jenna competing with Holly. Holly knows they love her dance ability, and she's going to play along with whatever she needs to do to keep sweet and be featured. She doesn't come off as thirsty as Jenna. Erica just seems to be biding her time, staying in shape, dancing her heart out, and has a lot more mental maturity. I'd put her at point just for this. 

When it comes down to it, I think they'll rotate unless somebody really messes up on or off the field, or has an injury, or Holly hints at leaving, and they put advance her more (sort of like Melissa). 

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding my Kashara potential triangle pic over Amy L:  I think Amy L gets overlooked because she's more cute than pretty. Also, when she smiles in performance/game photos, her eyes look mostly closed. Probably an overabundance of eyeliner and mascara contributes to that, but still, I don't think it's a good look. I think that Kashara is prettier, has more sex appeal (in part because she has real curves while Amy is very thin and much less curvy), and takes better photos on the field.  That said, I do love Amy's haircut, and I think it makes her stand out more. They're both great performers. 

As for Jenna and Holly thirst, I actually think Holly is more thirsty than Jenna, especially at this point in her DCC career.  I'm not judging Holly harshly for this, because as an unbelievably talented dancer who's trained to be her best virtually her whole life, why wouldn't she crave the top slot? 

Edited by M1977G
Clarification
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

I think Amy L gets overlooked because she's more cute than pretty. Also, when she smiles in performance/game photos, her eyes look mostly closed. Probably an overabundance of eyeliner and mascara contributes to that, but still, I don't think it's a good look. I think that Kashara is prettier, has more sex appeal (in part because she has real curves while Amy is very thin and much less curvy), and takes better photos on the field.  That said, I do love Amy's haircut, and I think it makes her stand out more. They're both great performers. 

I think so, too. Amy L is a better dancer and slimmer/fitter than Kashara, but Kashara is more outgoing and glam. It's another apples vs oranges situation. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I think Amy L gets overlooked because she's more cute than pretty. Also, when she smiles in performance/game photos, her eyes look mostly closed. Probably an overabundance of eyeliner and mascara contributes to that, but still, I don't think it's a good look. I think that Kashara is prettier, has more sex appeal (in part because she has real curves while Amy is very thin and much less curvy), and takes better photos on the field.  That said, I do love Amy's haircut, and I think it makes her stand out more. They're both great performers. 

Agree. She's also a fantastic dancer!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I think Amy L gets overlooked because she's more cute than pretty.

That seems pretty likely.  It very well could be KaShara (they seem to love her), it could be neither, or who knows, maybe both!  Guessing about it is fun :)

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/13/2017 at 5:40 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Also from Insta live, Jenna addressed why she came back and said she had a talk with K and J and they said they felt she had "more to give". 

17 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

... Jenna SAID that Kelli and Judy talked her out of retiring...her, Jenna, not Jenn K., not Melissa, not Jaxx, or Megan, or Amy T. Or Claire. 

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

... I don't think she was lying. Just that she chose to phraze it in such a way that it seemed like Kelli didn't want to lose her.

I agree with Dreamcatcher. Because 5 years is a milestone, I think Kelli talks to all of the veterans who have been on the team for several years to find out what their plans are, not just Jenna. Heck, she may talk to all of the veterans individually. Jenna is just the only one who reported on what was said to her. What Howdeedoo posted was "more to give." Not "please Jenna, don't go, how can we talk you out of it?" It's quite possible they asked her how she felt last season went, and she said she loved being on the team, had grown as a leader, yadda, yadda, She might have said she'd like to come back for another year and feels she can come back strong and make the commitment, and they agreed that she had more to give.

I'm not particularly a Jenna fan, but I think some folks are reacting to what they think she *meant*, and not what Howdeedo reported as having been actually said. Jenna did not say they talked her out of retiring. (Or at least, that's not how it was reported to us.) Besides, no disrespect to Howdeedo, but we are hearing this from someone who posted about a something someone said they were told in a conversation with someone else, however long ago. Like any game of telephone, this leaves lots of room for misinterpretation. Maybe Kelli said "yes, we'd really like you to come back please." Or maybe it was more like "Sure, there's no reason why you shouldn't audition again."

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

As Kelli said when Angela auditioned for Show Group and did not make it: "some people think that seniority should give them 'automatics' and that's just not the case." Totally different DCC and situation but nice to know.

• Love 2

I think it'd be cool if they rotated point like they did early in this last season.  Mix up Jenna and Erica, maybe even Holly.  I LOVE Amy L - she seems so humble and sweet - but Kashara needs to be the blonde who moves up! I could watch her dance all day.  Perfect mixture of facials without being over the top and just the right amount of pop.  AND SO PHOTOGENIC MY WORD. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think it'd be cool if they rotated point like they did early in this last season.  Mix up Jenna and Erica, maybe even Holly.  I LOVE Amy L - she seems so humble and sweet - but Kashara needs to be the blonde who moves up! I could watch her dance all day.  Perfect mixture of facials without being over the top and just the right amount of pop.  AND SO PHOTOGENIC MY WORD. 

Tell the truth. You just want Kashara to bring her dragons to fly around during Thunderstruck.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tell the truth. You just want Kashara to bring her dragons to fly around during Thunderstruck.

Kashara aka Khaleesi

Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Hahhaha you've seen the dragon photo haven't you? It's.......otherwise undescribible.

Yes lmao it's great. Such randomness.

16 hours ago, GingerJ said:

I hope Jenna is honored this year. She earned a spot on the squad at 18. Many 18 year olds don't have the poise, maturity or experience to prove to the judges they're the whole package. She's been a great performer, leader and teammate for six years. 

There was another loooooooooooong lasting vet recently who I think even Kelli & Judy were sick and tired of.  She never saw a pro bowl, even when she stayed on the squad longer than almost anybody! (My grandmother always said fish, like company, stinks after three days. This vet definitely overstayed her welcome!)

i don't think anyone, including Kelli & Judy, are sick of Jenna.

I definitely agree with you!! There are a few who come to mind, but who is this long lasting vet you're referring to? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I definitely agree with you!! There are a few who come to mind, but who is this long lasting vet you're referring to? 

if i had to guess, i'd say Syd?? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

if i had to guess, i'd say Syd?? 

Honestly that's what I thought too! But I LOVE Sydney so I guess I don't feel the same, I just know a decent amount of people think that she overstayed her welcome and what not. Unfairly, I also think she's often just thrown into the category of 18 yr old rookies who made the team like Jenna. I know they're bffs, but I still find them very different! However, in her defense, she did work within the organization outside of the DCC that I feel made her very valuable! She's not just gorgeous, but she knows her football facts, stats, and history very well! I know she worked with the Talkin' Cowboys radio station in her last couple of seasons as a DCC, which may have prolonged her stay. Maybe not.

Lol, Lauren I know you didn't ask for any of that blah blah, I'm just venting. ??

• Love 1
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

No, but you also aren't a DCC.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Honestly that's what I thought too! But I LOVE Sydney so I guess I don't feel the same, I just know a decent amount of people think that she overstayed her welcome and what not. Unfairly, I also think she's often just thrown into the category of 18 yr old rookies who made the team like Jenna. I know they're bffs, but I still find them very different! However, in her defense, she did work within the organization outside of the DCC that I feel made her very valuable! She's not just gorgeous, but she knows her football facts, stats, and history very well! I know she worked with the Talkin' Cowboys radio station in her last couple of seasons as a DCC, which may have prolonged her stay. Maybe not.

Lol, Lauren I know you didn't ask for any of that blah blah, I'm just venting. ??

haha no judgment from me! :) 

I don't hate Sydney - I agree with you that she is beautiful and well rounded with knowing facts, being able to co host, etc.  I don't think K&J would disagree on any of that...I just think that being a part of that movie they didn't want her involved with and then not being upfront with them about it was not the best thing to 'go out on' LOL  and prob why they were like "ok bye".  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha no judgment from me! :) 

I don't hate Sydney - I agree with you that she is beautiful and well rounded with knowing facts, being able to co host, etc.  I don't think K&J would disagree on any of that...I just think that being a part of that movie they didn't want her involved with and then not being upfront with them about it was not the best thing to 'go out on' LOL  and prob why they were like "ok bye".  

Yes, I see where you're coming from! Without knowing all of the facts, I guess I'll just say I'm sure they expected more from someone with THAT much seniority. 

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic! ??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I just think that being a part of that movie they didn't want her involved with and then not being upfront with them about it was not the best thing to 'go out on' LOL  and prob why they were like "ok bye".  

Or maybe after 7 years, nothing actually happened, people only gossip because they wish something would have happened. Sydney was probably just ready to move on and do something else. Everyone has a story but from what I heard, she handled her exit very gracefully and even wrote kelli a very very kind letter. People just like to make things up because it makes it more interesting. There are always going to be multiple sides to the “story” depending on who is sharing it. Let’s move on!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, OhHappyDay said:

Or maybe after 7 years, nothing actually happened, people only gossip because they wish something would have happened. Sydney was probably just ready to move on and do something else. Everyone has a story but from what I heard, she handled her exit very gracefully and even wrote kelli a very very kind letter. People just like to make things up because it makes it more interesting. There are always going to be multiple sides to the “story” depending on who is sharing it. Let’s move on!

Think I'll be speculating about some things till the end of time. Sorry, can't help ourselves on here.

And verified inside info: They were not pleased with Syd's involvement in that movie. Has zero bearing on whether or not she gave them a nice letter. Why shouldn't she write a nice letter? The way I see it, she damn well better have been grateful for the opportunities the DCC afforded her. And she gave to the DCC as well, it wasn't that they didn't appreciate her. They didn't want her involved, she lied, (yes flat out lied), and she moved on.

From a personal stance, I could be wrong, I don't think Lauren was harping on it, but someone asked her specifically for a name, and she gave her theory.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Think I'll be speculating about some things till the end of time. Sorry, can't help ourselves on here.

And verified inside info: They were not pleased with Syd's involvement in that movie. Has zero bearing on whether or not she gave them a nice letter. Why shouldn't she write a nice letter? The way I see it, she damn well better have been grateful for the opportunities the DCC afforded her. And she gave to the DCC as well, it wasn't that they didn't appreciate her. They didn't want her involved, she lied, (yes flat out lied), and she moved on.

From a personal stance, I could be wrong, I don't think Lauren was harping on it, but someone asked her specifically for a name, and she gave her theory.

I'm lost (as usual), what movie was she involved in? Was it a naughty one? ? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did we ever find out why they stopped rotating point?

i agree that Kashara needs to move up. This year I want so many girls to get the top posts and it's just so frustrating. But Lacey deserves better than being stuck behind point for a whole year. And Erica deserves to get point at least to make up for the fact that she spent her whole season hidden behind JennK.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

I'm lost (as usual), what movie was she involved in? Was it a naughty one? ? 

Hahaha no Billy Flynns halftime walk or some shit. Google that business. It's a satire based on a completely fictitious character. 

8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Verified by someone who knows. I don't have a receipt that I'm willing to share. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

This message board is fun to read, and there is nothing wrong with speculating until the end of time, but do we have to spread rumors like this and call it “verified” info?

11 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hahaha no Billy Flynns halftime walk or some shit. Google that business. It's a satire based on a completely fictitious character. 

This is starting to seem more personal!

14 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Verified by someone who knows. I don't have a receipt that I'm willing to share.

Oh okay. That makes sense.

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Love you Moni <3  

Ahhh to be reminded why I share 2% of my info on the board but 100% with you :-*  #myrideordie #bestiesfortheresties #othercutehashtagsthekidsusethesedays 

When does camp start? Tuesday?? 

OMG your hash tags!!! Hahaha!! 

????

I have no idea what you're talking about..  Information? My mind is blank ?

Holy crap is it already time for tc?! Time flies, man. Now maybe we can end the theory and conjecture and backbiting and talk about dcc world again?! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG your hash tags!!! Hahaha!! 

????

I have no idea what you're talking about..  Information? My mind is blank ?

Holy crap is it already time for tc?! Time flies, man. Now maybe we can end the theory and conjecture and backbiting and talk about dcc world again?! 

yes PLEASEEEE < 3  

i'm still salty that ultimate cheerleaders didn't do their usual DCC coverage - group pic of finalists and single pics of each girl who made it in to TC :( 

• Love 3
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

yes PLEASEEEE < 3  

i'm still salty that ultimate cheerleaders didn't do their usual DCC coverage - group pic of finalists and single pics of each girl who made it in to TC :( 

Yeah what's with that? They like, always have coverage. PDC had decent pics, but I don't think an article (PAPER COLUMN) or anything right? 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Love you Moni <3  

Ahhh to be reminded why I share 2% of my info on the board but 100% with you :-*  #myrideordie #bestiesfortheresties #othercutehashtagsthekidsusethesedays 

When does camp start? Tuesday?? 

6/5

• Love 3

How many candidates are comeback girls who made it into camp before but got cut before the team was announced? I know there's Christina and Celina. Who else? I'm not a Christina fan, mostly because she seemed so mousy in camp and was so clueless about how awful her kicks were.  

As for this letter posted above, my guess is that it's some kind of thanks for auditioning letter--but I want to know what's in it too!  I clicked on her profile and it appears she auditioned this year. I get that her name is Barbara and nickname is Barbie, but I cringe that she is calling herself "beautiful.barbiee."  

Yes to footage of @ShellyB, Judy, and Kelli dancing, please! They posted an old pic of Judy on her birthday this year that was the cutest freaking thing, with her in her uniform and lots of braids. Swear, she looks the same. I would love to see more pics and/or footage of the current powers that be, either on social media or on the show. 

• Love 3

Shelly, if you're still around, two more questions. I hope you'll answer the first, but not sure if you can answer the second.

1. Is someone going to post the group photo of the training camp candidates this year? If not, is there a particular reason why it's being held back?

2. Can you make any comment on the issue with Holly's costume during her solo? Did her mishap happen near the end of her performance? And if not, was she allowed to fix her costume and do it over again? (Hopefully this question isn't out of line.)

• Love 1

Yes to footage of @ShellyB, Judy, and Kelli dancing, please! They posted an old pic of Judy on her birthday this year that was the cutest freaking thing, with her in her uniform and lots of braids. Swear, she looks the same. I would love to see more pics and/or footage of the current powers that be, either on social media or on the show. 

Shelly on the beach, starting at 3:23

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Shelly, if you're still around, two more questions. I hope you'll answer the first, but not sure if you can answer the second.

1. Is someone going to post the group photo of the training camp candidates this year? If not, is there a particular reason why it's being held back?

2. Can you make any comment on the issue with Holly's costume during her solo? Did her mishap happen near the end of her performance? And if not, was she allowed to fix her costume and do it over again? (Hopefully this question isn't out of line.)

Not posted because training camp hasn't started yet.

Wardrobe malfunctions happen and they are unfortunate. Enough of her routine was seen that she could be judged fairly. 

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Shelly on the beach, starting at 3:23

Where do you find these things??  ??

• Love 8

Thanks for the info! It's so great of you to do this for us :-)

I just went on YouTube and searched for the DCC and the years you were on the team. I was surprised to find it myself!

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Did Brennan make it back to TC?

YUP! and she looks fantastic this year!! not that i didn't think she was pretty last year but I think both she and Sheridan have tried to glam up this time around to stand out more.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

YUP! and she looks fantastic this year!! not that i didn't think she was pretty last year but I think both she and Sheridan have tried to glam up this time around to stand out more.  

Great.  I was watching reruns yesterday and she seemed to have some struggles.  Kelli seemed very supportive of her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ditto. My writing is like a drunk chicken walked across a piece of paper. 

Well hell, I should have tried out because I have excellent handwriting. 

I can just hear Kelli talking about me; her kicks are a deal breaker but her handwriting is enough to get her into TC. ?????

• Love 4