Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, djd123 said:

She was in Jenna's group. Yuko can be seen dancing DCC style here behind Jenna. She makes a few mistakes but overall sells it IMO.

Jenna really does have it going on! She's great here, freezing her tush off or no. And Amy T. <3 

I think Yuko looks just fine. Her appearances are probably more limited than some of the other gals, but I'm sure that's the case every year for a variety of women for a variety of reasons. She's pretty and seems to get the job done well enough! Morgan was my last weaker standout and she got cut for her second season, so Yuko must be doing something right. She might have fabulous kicks? 

I forgot about kicks this year. Christina looked like she made a point to show flexibility in her solo, so maybe we will get less whining this time around. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think they'll address the three cut vets at all. Probably will be skimmed over.

I don't know...i'll definitely be interested to see how they mention it.  I mean, Raylee was basically invisible after the 'wrong outfit' issue her first TC.  it's not like Jasmine getting cut as an upper vet...people were always invested in her story because she was featured so much.  i think they could just brush over her cut and a lot of ppl would not notice she is gone (i hate saying that about ANYone!!) 

But Allie and little Heather were both featured just last year - Allie in particular kind of stood out because she was bff with Holly then and they had that scene where they were talking about feeling like sisters, rooming together, etc.  

it will probably come down to whether they want to talk about Weight this season.  They kind of pick and choose what year to make it an issue. Like Holly and Kashara were called out for it, but last summer they never showed Kelli telling Allie she needed to lose 10 pounds ASAP (which apparently she did...though unfortunately it came back).   I forget,are any new TCs borderline for weight? if so they may talk about weight this year. we shall seeeeeee.  Esp if some vets who DID make it back are still being carefully watched for weight...

• Love 1

I don't have an opinion about Yuko's dancing one way or another, and I hesitate to judge a dancer from a single clip, but that video does nothing to convince me she is up to the level of the rest of the team.

• Love 2

Honestly, Erica is one of the most photogenic girls they've EVER had on the squad. Does she ever take a bad picture? she can even make weird poses look pretty! 

I love Maggie's expressions! 

Kashara looks absolutely perfect and I love Khalyn too.  Why are there not more pics of her on game day? her smile is gorgeous! 

Kalyssa is one of the most photogenic new girls. 

Celinda is growing on me.  she looks good this year. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Please don't mention the Flying Spaghetti Monster and hitch kicks in the same sentence. It's against my religion and I'm feeling very triggered.

That made me ugly grunt laugh... 

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think she looked just great.  Agree she needs to train with Holly and Madeline and will kill it next year.  She's a real cutie pie!

Oh for sure! I actually think Daytons future success is something we can all agree on! Really?! Is this happening?!? 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, djd123 said:

She was in Jenna's group. Yuko can be seen dancing DCC style here behind Jenna. She makes a few mistakes but overall sells it IMO.

Yeah...that's not good, and I thought I was throwing Yuko a lifeline by suggesting that she may be better in actual DCC choreo lol. This is just one clip and apparently in freezing weather at that, but she really fades here. I don't know who decided to put her right behind Jenna (i'm guessing it was due to height), but that's a bad contrast for Yuko. I then compared her only to Milan, and again I thought Yuko paled in comparison. She seems like a nice, pleasant person however, so hopefully she can get some pop.

ETA: I just read the part about Kelli telling Allie to lose 10 pounds asap. I'm curious as to what Kelli's definition of ASAP is because that's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time if you're doing it in a safe way. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah...that's not good, and I thought I was throwing Yuko a lifeline by suggesting that she may be better in actual DCC choreo lol. This is just one clip and apparently in freezing weather at that, but she really fades here. I don't know who decided to put her right behind Jenna (i'm guessing it was due to height), but that's a bad contrast for Yuko. I then compared her only to Milan, and again I thought Yuko paled in comparison. She seems like a nice, pleasant person however, so hopefully she can get some pop.

ETA: I just read the part about Kelli telling Allie to lose 10 pounds asap. I'm curious as to what Kelli's definition of ASAP is because that's a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time if you're doing it in a safe way. 

Especially when you're already tiny and have to find spots to pull 10 lbs from! I know when I was 150 getting to 140, those 10 lbs hung around like a fart in an elevator. I can't imagine being 125 ish and needing to lose 10 super quickly 

courtney danielle did it lol  well, eight pounds which is 10 ish lol  I think it was probably one of those, look, girls your height weigh ____.  you are 10 pounds more.  can we fix this by the end of the summer?  I don't think kelli would be pushing anything unsafe after all the backlash from years previous...

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Especially when you're already tiny and have to find spots to pull 10 lbs from! I know when I was 150 getting to 140, those 10 lbs hung around like a fart in an elevator. I can't imagine being 125 ish and needing to lose 10 super quickly 

Exactly. I'm similar in height to Allie, probably a bit shorter and I have a smaller frame than her, but losing 10 pounds would be a feat, especially in a short amount of time. I lost 20 pounds once (went from around 120 to 100), but that took months and was not at all healthy. I was only eating like 1000 calories a day and working out a lot. My doctor was sounding the alarm, so I cannot imagine her losing 10 pounds in a really short amount of time and being healthy. 

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She looks lost and a whole lot less powerful than the other girls.

Does Yuko have a clue that a lot of people are bewildered by her being chosen for DCC?

I don't know but I bet she can do damn fine ? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I think Jinelle loves everyone.  She seems like she does not have a mean bone in her body. Not one.

I agree. She always seems so happy. Thats why i get cracked up at her salsa...ish solo. She reminds me of a happy dog just wagging its tail... or peacock tail feathers.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, pizzaislife said:

I agree. She always seems so happy. Thats why i get cracked up at her salsa...ish solo. She reminds me of a happy dog just wagging its tail... or peacock tail feathers.

Best visual! Lol.

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Charlotte looks really great here.

She does. But ugh...Ramos. I'm sure he's a nice guy or whatever but he added nothing to last season. ??

• Love 5

May I just comment on how awesome it is to read so many comments coming from a supportive place rather than nasty snarky stuff about the girls? This thread has been such a pleasure to read ?

• Love 12
9 hours ago, SignorinaMia said:

Sorry to ask a question that has already been discussed but I'm confused...

Allie, Heather H, and Raylee were cut? Because they went out to a concert after a cut night?

No one has said for sure why they were cut, but there has been speculation. I think the going out to the concert discussion did not have to do with the cut vets - it was in regards to a post a TCC made. She went to a Chris Brown concert and posted a picture of it when she made training camp for whatever reason. 

9 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I don't have an opinion about Yuko's dancing one way or another, and I hesitate to judge a dancer from a single clip, but that video does nothing to convince me she is up to the level of the rest of the team.

I think that's a key point that's missing for those who are bewildered by her position on the team... she doesn't need to be up to the level of the rest of the team. She needs to be the best well rounded Asian representative on the team. The NFL is trying to expand their market into Asia and DCC is the most prominent "fan experience" marketing tool they have. To keep her spot she just needs to be the best rep for the Asian market that shows up to auditions. 

I'm not a die hard fan of hers but she looks fine in that clip and she's always so happy that it's contagious.

• Love 4

Holly's hair is BRIGHT red in that first photo. Let's simmer it down a bit this year lol

9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Exactly. I'm similar in height to Allie, probably a bit shorter and I have a smaller frame than her, but losing 10 pounds would be a feat, especially in a short amount of time. I lost 20 pounds once (went from around 120 to 100), but that took months and was not at all healthy. I was only eating like 1000 calories a day and working out a lot. My doctor was sounding the alarm, so I cannot imagine her losing 10 pounds in a really short amount of time and being healthy. 

Again - I don't think Kelli is always serious about someone legit losing 10 exact pounds.  When she says stuff like "you are 10 pounds heavier than our cheerleaders your height" it's her way of saying - you are heavier than what we want. it shows. work on that.  IIRC Courtney Danielle was like 11 pounds heavier than other short girls, lost 8, and kelli was thrilled. if someone lost 4 pounds but 'jiggled' less, I think Kelli would be thrilled/content, not forcing them to hit a certain number just 'cause.  We've also seen them let girls go who would need to go about it dangerously (like the Martinez girl from an early season, Liz Reuter, etc.) 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

courtney danielle did it lol  well, eight pounds which is 10 ish lol  I think it was probably one of those, look, girls your height weigh ____.  you are 10 pounds more.  can we fix this by the end of the summer?  I don't think kelli would be pushing anything unsafe after all the backlash from years previous...

If she was lucky and got weighed during her cycle, that's easily five pounds. And then if you cut booze and any kind of sugar drink completely, eat "lean and green" etc.  I imagine it could be done without too much suffering. I think it can be really challenging for many younger women to embrace clean eating, take the time for meal prep, etc., and instead they just cut way back on the junk they're already eating down to nothing. 

I wish they had real nutrition classes and not just the soda gives you cellulite bullshit. For women who are truly dedicated and passionate about their health and their bodies, it doesn't seem too unreasonable. I think some want to have their cake and eat it too, and genetics can just be a bitch. 

I don't think Kelli harps about the weight for the gals who take the more bodybuilder, muscular approach like Kelli Q and Stephanie. They probably weigh more and eat more but muscle definition is clear. 

So, I'm gonna go make some eggs and a protein shake! LOL. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

If she was lucky and got weighed during her cycle, that's easily five pounds. And then if you cut booze and any kind of sugar drink completely, eat "lean and green" etc.  I imagine it could be done without too much suffering. I think it can be really challenging for many younger women to embrace clean eating, take the time for meal prep, etc., and instead they just cut way back on the junk they're already eating down to nothing. 

I wish they had real nutrition classes and not just the soda gives you cellulite bullshit. For women who are truly dedicated and passionate about their health and their bodies, it doesn't seem too unreasonable. I think some want to have their cake and eat it too, and genetics can just be a bitch. 

I don't think Kelli harps about the weight for the gals who take the more bodybuilder, muscular approach like Kelli Q and Stephanie. They probably weigh more and eat more but muscle definition is clear. 

So, I'm gonna go make some eggs and a protein shake! LOL. 

YES.  Or for heck's sake, bring in some previous DCC who still look amazing (or even more amazing) years later...Nicole Bulcher, for instance.  She's clearly figured out how to manage her weight and be HEALTHY instead of living off protein bars and green juices.  Brooke! Stephanie! Mia! Roni! Hannah! Women who maybe don't have genetics on their side (like MIchelle Keys, tho she clearly lives a healthy life). I get that after you retire you have more TIME but surely they have tips that could help girls while they are on the squad. I dunno.  

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Again - I don't think Kelli is always serious about someone legit losing 10 exact pounds.  When she says stuff like "you are 10 pounds heavier than our cheerleaders your height" it's her way of saying - you are heavier than what we want. it shows. work on that.  IIRC Courtney Danielle was like 11 pounds heavier than other short girls, lost 8, and kelli was thrilled. if someone lost 4 pounds but 'jiggled' less, I think Kelli would be thrilled/content, not forcing them to hit a certain number just 'cause.  We've also seen them let girls go who would need to go about it dangerously (like the Martinez girl from an early season, Liz Reuter, etc.) 

Honestly Courtney seemed like a prime example of someone who was going to gain much of her weight back pretty quickly. I would love to know if she was one of the ones who fluctuated through the year. While I don't believe that Kelli wants the girls to do anything dangerous, I don't really buy that she's that concerned with how the girls lose weight, just that they do so and look good in the uniform. Im not calling her evil or bashing her for that either because from the people who I know who work or have worked in the dance industry and similar fields, that's the way it goes. The girls know going in that the DCCs have a tiny uniforms. It is what it is. With that said, Im not going to pretend like losing a ton of weight in a short time span (likely with quick fixes) is healthy or sustainable. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES.  Or for heck's sake, bring in some previous DCC who still look amazing (or even more amazing) years later...Nicole Bulcher, for instance.  She's clearly figured out how to manage her weight and be HEALTHY instead of living off protein bars and green juices.  Brooke! Stephanie! Mia! Roni! Hannah! Women who maybe don't have genetics on their side (like MIchelle Keys, tho she clearly lives a healthy life). I get that after you retire you have more TIME but surely they have tips that could help girls while they are on the squad. I dunno.  

Watch your mouth please, Lauren.

• Love 15

I cannot remember who asked me who was the girls in Season 3 who flunked the written test. I could go look for the one post, but I need to get ready for an eye doctor appointment. The girls who flunked the test were Nicole Hamilton, Deryn, Jennifer, Cathy Gonzales, Lauren, and Jordan Ketchum.

They'd be better off bringing in someone who is educated in the field of nutrition, particularly for athletes. I'd be surprised if they they don't already do that. But you can lead a horse to water...there will still be crash dieting.

• Love 4

I think they might get more girls to pay attention if they did something like Which has more calories?  A slice of French bread or a Margarita? A hamburger from their favorite place in Dallas or a shake?  A piece of pizza or a large salad with dressing?  Or start out with a salad and add things and watch the calories mount up.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Or start out with a salad and add things and watch the calories mount up.

Excellent idea.  Also, My Fitness Pal's recipe calculator can shock a person back to reality, it's amazing how the calories add up.  

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Excellent idea.  Also, My Fitness Pal's recipe calculator can shock a person back to reality, it's amazing how the calories add up.  

I am a myfitnesspal junkie. 507 day streak baby! Sadly no matter how much i watch my calories i wont be as lean as they are. Fat intake is a huge deal. It can show quickly on those little bitty bodies. I love myfitnesspal because it makes you aware of the junk you eat. 

4 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I am a myfitnesspal junkie. 507 day streak baby! Sadly no matter how much i watch my calories i wont be as lean as they are. Fat intake is a huge deal. It can show quickly on those little bitty bodies. I love myfitnesspal because it makes you aware of the junk you eat. 

Answering you in Small Talk...

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

loving little Sheridan this year! goodness she is beautiful! (pic 4 if it doesn't go right to that pic from link) 

http://prodancecheer.com/?p=44165

I went through some of the pictures.  #8 is the woman whose name I can't remember with the 8-pack abs.  I swear I will pitch a fit if I hear she gets cut during TC because she looks too muscular...like Karen's & Vivian's legs being too short for the boots.  You knew all this when you accepted them!!!!

18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I went through some of the pictures.  #8 is the woman whose name I can't remember with the 8-pack abs.  I swear I will pitch a fit if I hear she gets cut during TC because she looks too muscular...like Karen's & Vivian's legs being too short for the boots.  You knew all this when you accepted them!!!!

I think her name is Lauren :)  (so you know she is quality!!!) heheh I kid BUT everything I've heard about her so far is two thumbs up...amazing dancer, in great shape (duh) and just very pleasant and kind.  She IS muscular but she seems a bit more proportionate so fingers crossed!!  

And I know some people here will roll their eyes at this post ;) but I kind of love it... that kind of enthusiasm and optimism is contagious to me! 

• Love 3
(edited)

My Fit Foods was at least real food that was nutrient dense. They went out of business in Dallas, but Snap Kitchen is holding strong. 

Weight Watchers does a good job of this I think. For XX points, you can have a grilled chicken breast, a sweet potato and broccoli. For the same points, you can eat 3/4 of a Snickers. Doing a visual demonstration and making the food look good creates at least some motivation to meal plan. Genetics and prayers don't last but so long. 

Anyway, nutrition. They need to do more and do better. 

Edited by kalibean

haha I think her post was in response to the witches on the View (sorry if anyone likes that show) going off once about how women who do pageants have no talents, waste of space, are such jokes, etc.  Basically this Lauren is responding that you are more than the profession you hold - dont' let anyone judge you by your title because it's the behind the scenes that make a difference - how you use whatever space you are given in life to help others, be an encouragement, etc.  that is world class to me :) 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I need a TL:DR

Same. I see posts that long and immediately skip over it. My eyes blur it all together. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, djd123 said:

When you put Yuko next to powerhouse dancers like Jenna, Amy, and Milan (she looked really strong in this video) it is just easier to see the lack of power and projection. Hopefully she worked on some stuff in the off season and improved. 

5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

loving little Sheridan this year! goodness she is beautiful! (pic 4 if it doesn't go right to that pic from link) 

http://prodancecheer.com/?p=44165

She has a more glamorous look this year. I love it!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot remember who asked me who was the girls in Season 3 who flunked the written test. I could go look for the one post, but I need to get ready for an eye doctor appointment. The girls who flunked the test were Nicole Hamilton, Deryn, Jennifer, Cathy Gonzales, Lauren, and Jordan Ketchum.

Twas I Thx

Edited by DCCFanInKy

For as much as we may not love Sarah's abrasive attitude at times, gotta admit she must be great at choreo! I'd love to see some of the FULL solos she's done! three out of her four made it to TC! (I mean, Yuko could have gone out and walked the dinosaur and made it to camp but the other three...) 

Michelle got a couple into camp too, right? I know she did Brennan's solo.  Hannah Anderson didn't make it to camp and i believe she did her solo...who else? 

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

There could be two Madeline's on the team? That's a new one.

i still can't believe how many "maddies" tried out this year! like five were at finals I think?? 

3 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

She's so pretty. There's no dance videos on her insta so hard to tell how well she dances but she was on her college pom squad so I presume she'll be used to the DCC style.

YES.  she is gorgeous! I think she and Molly Neumeister are two of the most beautiful this year.  

• Love 2