Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

This alllll this. Kelsey has said herself it was the editing and that she didn't think she was struggling.

In the office, Kelli told Kelsey she was top ten at finals last season, then went into the whole "im scared you are going to revert back to 50 yard Kelsey". Dance was never the issue for her. I think her dance ability is just fine.  CMT needs a story, and Kelsey made mistakes, but she earned her spot just like everyone else, and from what I gather was not the bottom of the list either!  Editing people! 

• Love 10

Funnily enough, I feel like Amy T has gotten smaller recently. I saw a photo at the banquet and she looked tiny! 

Also.. possible conspiracy theory.. what if Mandy is pregnant and it was a surprise. She was planning on coming back but found out and retired after the Bimini trip. Could it explain why she looked a little bloated in Bimini?

• Love 2

Oh. I thought she might be pregnant too. But then I also thought that she and her boyfriend had a horrific breakup. Or she got offered an amazing job... or most likely... she realized the weather in texas sucks balls (I'm a northeastern ohio girl living in oklahoma... I get the weather hate). I may have an over active imagination....

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JayDKay said:

Funnily enough, I feel like Amy T has gotten smaller recently. I saw a photo at the banquet and she looked tiny! 

Also.. possible conspiracy theory.. what if Mandy is pregnant and it was a surprise. She was planning on coming back but found out and retired after the Bimini trip. Could it explain why she looked a little bloated in Bimini?

YES - I thought Amy has been looking teeny lately too and it struck me as kind of funny since it's at the point where she's retiring.  

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Oh. I thought she might be pregnant too. But then I also thought that she and her boyfriend had a horrific breakup. Or she got offered an amazing job... or most likely... she realized the weather in texas sucks balls (I'm a northeastern ohio girl living in oklahoma... I get the weather hate). I may have an over active imagination....

hahaha that would certainly be a twist 

I DO wonder if she is still with that guy tho.  She hasn't posted any pics of him in forever and i know he was the MAIN reason they moved.  If they broke up I could absolutely see that as one more reason she'd want to move home. Honestly, if I'd started my own dance studio by 30 I would hate to be away from it for long. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I've felt like Amy T was looking a little smaller since earlier this year. She still has hips, but her midsection looks more toned and her face even looks slimmer to me. This is the pic where I first noticed it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

And if you're looking slim next to Jinelle and Erica I'd say you're pretty damn small.  They tend to make even the fittest of women look like chunks. 

Yeah, that's part of the reason it stuck out to me in that pic I think. It's hard to tell exactly since Erica's body is at an angle, but Erica and Amy look around the same size in the waist. When you look back at Amy T's pics since becoming a DCC...I dunno, I personally see a noticeable difference.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Holy crap, I never even thought of that. And what about pregnancy when you are a DCC? Is it in their contract? 

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I've felt like Amy T was looking a little smaller since earlier this year. She still has hips, but her midsection looks more toned and her face even looks slimmer to me. This is the pic where I first noticed it.

Jinelle is too thin! 

(edited)
9 hours ago, Josreason said:

In the office, Kelli told Kelsey she was top ten at finals last season, then went into the whole "im scared you are going to revert back to 50 yard Kelsey". Dance was never the issue for her. I think her dance ability is just fine.  CMT needs a story, and Kelsey made mistakes, but she earned her spot just like everyone else, and from what I gather was not the bottom of the list either!  Editing people! 

I forgot about that but I found it so rude. It kinda implied that Kelsey normally is well, dumb. For me the "stupid" things she has said were completely due to the nerves of being interviewed by a panel, with 4 other girls while there are also cameras pointed at you. Some girls (like the O'Biden girl or the one who didn't know the two political parties) definitely weren't the smartest cookies. And Kelsey seems the kind of girl who even when caught doing/saying something embarassing (we've all been there,let's be real), will be able to use humor and turn things around. So telling her that she needs to try hard to be able to have a normal conversation is insulting. Kelli, try calling other girls bacon this year and see how they respond.

i'm sorry for the rant but I was so mad with the treatment Kelsey got. I get having favorites but that was just weird.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 10

I wonder if Jinelle is going to do that same jiggly dance she's done every year for finals. I really hate that. How does she get away with it year after year? LOL!

• Love 7

I highly doubt that Jinelle never, ever socializes with the other DCC. This team appears to be the central focus of her life and the reason she's living in the US. Granted, she may not be in tons of posted social pictures, but not all of the cheerleaders post all their social and daily activities to share with the world. She probably isn't a club-hopper, but Jinelle seems so beloved by her team mates that it's hard to imagine that they feel that way about her while she remains aloof from them. I also think she's a solid team dancer, with lots of energy, precision, and serious flexibility. I love how much the team and brass seem to love her, actually. I'm excited for her to be a group leader this year!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Holy crap, I never even thought of that. And what about pregnancy when you are a DCC? Is it in their contract? 

Jinelle is too thin! 

If they become pregnant Im sure they have something in their that may preclude them from performing while they're showing. Whitney was pregnant when she was at the Pro Bowl.

55 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I wonder if Jinelle is going to do that same jiggly dance she's done every year for finals. I really hate that. How does she get away with it year after year? LOL!

Lol I wondered the same thing...But they seem to love it. Capitalize on your strength I guess.

1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Especially when Kat was frowned upon for doing her rhythmic gymnastics dance routine a 2nd time. 

1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

Jinelle is such a mystery to me. Average dancer, ok looking, never ever socializes with other DCC....I just don't get it?? 

Same

• Love 3

Oh gosh, I just love Jinelle. I think her big heart seems to show through, and I think she has a lovely smile and demeanor. By all accounts she seems to be very into healthy foods and taking care of herself, and you combine that with a kick of great genetics and you've got a lean figure. 

Not your typical DCC glamour girl, but I personally prefer her look over Holly (so much makeup!) and some of the other more popular DCC. 

One of the reasons I think they try to round out the look of the women on the team...we all like something different! I tend to prefer the "thicker" girls but I've always adored Jinelle anyway. 

• Love 6

I think originally Jinelle was 'exotic' coming from Australia, kelli does always seem impressed by girls who come from far away = austslia, NYC, japan, etc. Plus Jinelle comes off as super warm and friendly, plus she's mature and reliable, and takes great photos. 

However, last year they seemed bored with her. Probably due to her same old moves, and so many talented girls auditioning. They have no reason to cut her, bit are probably ok with her leaving after her 5th year.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think originally Jinelle was 'exotic' coming from Australia, kelli does always seem impressed by girls who come from far away = austslia, NYC, japan, etc. 

This bodes well, I think, for Savannah, the candidate from Belgium. I'm happy about that, because I think she's adorable. I want her to make it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Especially when Kat was frowned upon for doing her rhythmic gymnastics dance routine a 2nd time. 

I'm not a dancer but surely there's a difference between repeating a signature move that lasts around 5-10 seconds of a 2 minute routine, and repeating an entire theme of a routine. Surely lots of these girls use the same or similar moves year to year? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I forgot about that but I found it so rude. It kinda implied that Kelsey normally is well, dumb. For me the "stupid" things she has said were completely due to the nerves of being interviewed by a panel, with 4 other girls while there are also cameras pointed at you. Some girls (like the O'Biden girl or the one who didn't know the two political parties) definitely weren't the smartest cookies. And Kelsey seems the kind of girl who even when caught doing/saying something embarassing (we've all been there,let's be real), will be able to use humor and turn things around. So telling her that she needs to try hard to be able to have a normal conversation is insulting. Kelli, try calling other girls bacon this year and see how they respond.

i'm sorry for the rant but I was so mad with the treatment Kelsey got. I get having favorites but that was just weird.

I think a part of the reason why I am not 100% Kelsey was the fact of how she was portrayed on the show. The season should have been called Season 11 The Kelsey Show. I do feel bad for thinking this way, and it is not her fault, but there were other girls in TC they could have focused on instead of just Kelsey. Yes, we know she made mistakes during her first two interviews, and she was on the bubble at first for her dancing, but to keep harping on it can drive a viewer crazy. To me, it was just as bad as the constant reminder Melissa won Dancing With the Stars over and over again. You think CMT would have learn a lesson after the unpleasant feedback after Season 8, or as I like to call it The Morgan Saga, they received not to focus on just on TC Candidate.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

hope someone will be monitoring the veterans' twitter accounts this weekend -- for those who don't make it back, they are immediately deactivated!

I'm going to try to. Is the DCC the only organization who cuts off the girl's Twitters as soon as the TCC are announced?  I noticed Kelly Sherwood still has her HTC account even though she was cut at finals.

Edited by MrsEVH
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think a part of the reason why I am not 100% Kelsey was the fact of how she was portrayed on the show. The season should have been called Season 11 The Kelsey Show. I do feel bad for thinking this way, and it is not her fault, but there were other girls in TC they could have focused on instead of just Kelsey. Yes, we know she made mistakes during her first two interviews, and she was on the bubble at first for her dancing, but to keep harping on it can drive a viewer crazy. To me, it was just as bad as the constant reminder Melissa won Dancing With the Stars over and over again. You think CMT would have learn a lesson after the unpleasant feedback after Season 8, or as I like to call it The Morgan Saga, they received not to focus on just on TC Candidate.

I don't think they only focused on her exactly, but they do have a tendency to focus on 2-3 rookies who are in danger of being cut each year and that's tiring. I don't watch the show to get to know a girl who won't make it, i watch to learn more about the team, the members and watch them dancing. But in her case, well if Kelly would stop saying all these weird things about her when filming with CMT they wouldn't have had footage to air. I get that she needs to make criticisms etc but obviously any producer would choose to keep stuff like "that girl is chewy like bacon" over "omg that girl has so much power".

• Love 1

I feel like Holly wore that dress to first day of Training Camp last year. If so, good for her for reusing dresses.

Kelsey didn't just have a bad moment or two from nerves in her first interviews. She flat out knew nothing about football or the Cowboys. For at least 2 years in a row. From remarks made by Kristi Scales last year during deliberations, it sounds as though she'd also bombed the written tests those previous years, or at least the football section of the test. So, while it may have sounded harsh (and the bacon comment was totally stupid), I think it was reasonable and appropriate for Kelli to let her know that she had serious qualms about Kelsey's ability to represent the organization and be trusted on appearances. To Kelsey's credit, she appears to have studied seriously and worked hard at her dancing. She has beauty and natural talent but needed to train hard to develop strong technique, precision, and dance memory. I must say, she has won me over, and I had been as skeptical as Kelli. But she's shown maturity and a solid work ethic to achieve her goal with grace and that definitely impresses me. I hope she makes it back! 

Speaking of the written test, I'd love to see a clip showing a page from the exam while it's being taken or who killed it and who bombed it in the finals or 1st meeting episode this year. Remember season 3, when Kelli handed out Fs to a bunch of the vets and TCCs in the 1st team meeting? That was like the 2nd episode I ever watched of the show and was the first thing that made me think, wow these people are serious! Nicole Hamilton didn't know what division the Boys played in, and in that vet locker room meeting, Kelli made Nicole cry telling her she wouldn't defend that. That was the moment she let vets know that they could be cut from camp if they didn't bring it hard and they all got freaked out about it. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Holly put a photo of her and Maddie in their interview outfits and they look great!

They both look gorgeous!!  I know this is unpopular but I love Maddie's curly hair SO much.  Their dresses are so pretty. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Taryn, Brittney, Randi

BRITTNEY!!!!! omg i will be so sad if she doesn't make it to camp, love her!! I love her outfit too - I love a light, fitted blazer. 

Randi and Taryn are really pretty too - no cringey outfits yet! 

Madi Allemier (sp?) posted a pic of herself wearing her dress in her IG stories, so pretty...she's the Elle Lain model and always looks so cute.  How awesome to have access to those clothes for the interviews!! 

• Love 1

I think years ago they had a few football players take the written test, and they had a hard time with it. I cannot imagine how hard the test is. I mean being asked how long it takes the overhead ceiling of the football field to totally open up or know all the Cowboys football game plays. *yikes*

7 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Jinelle is such a mystery to me. Average dancer, ok looking

Sorry if this sounds mean, but i think "ok looking" is being generous.  I will never understand how she made it.  And I don't understand why it's taken as gospel that she's so "sweet"...I recall a post from someone whose daughter did some DCC camp who said that she wasn't particularly nice to the kids at all (patience issues if I recall).

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sorry if this sounds mean, but i think "ok looking" is being generous.  I will never understand how she made it.  And I don't understand why it's taken as gospel that she's so "sweet"...I recall a post from someone whose daughter did some DCC camp who said that she wasn't particularly nice to the kids at all (patience issues if I recall).

I agree, Jinelle is homely.  And they apparently know it, look how far back they STILL put her in the squad photo.  I also think her dance is just okay.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I have to agree. That's being very generous 

ok... so why would people need to do this if there wasn't a fan vote? Wonder if she bombed her interview and is hanging onto every last hope that she gets into TC

• Love 1

When I grow up I hope I am as 'ok looking' as jinelle :-D

And that is really weird that that girl is pushing the liking/sharing at this point...I guess they at least assume Kelli will be glancing over them and may see some nice comments that friends write about them. 

• Love 21
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

When I grow up I hope I am as 'ok looking' as jinelle

Never.  I'd be Megan ("fat" and all).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kelsey's IG story made me laugh out loud!!! 

OMG her dress color is perfffecctttt <3 #fangirl 

C'mon Kelsey post a PIC!! 

HAHA ME TOO. Her face was great.

(edited)

I was just about to say about Kelsey! Way to laugh at yourself. (Instagram stories can't be linked for those who ask, go follow her!) 

Teal is my color for life. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4

I think Jinelle looks a lot better now than she did when she made it, but while people complain Tasha looking older than her age, I think Jinelle is right there with her. I can't comment on her personality, but I've never had an issue with her on the show but that's true of almost everyone.

• Love 2

Re:Jinelle's placement in the squad photo- she's one of the tallest girls they have, so to me it makes sense they would use her round out the "bouquet" of girls they like to photograph. So many of these gals are teeny tiny, so they group them in the center or level their heights out with boxes on the back rows. 

Personally, I'd love to look like Jinelle! 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, spazette said:

Re:Jinelle's placement in the squad photo- she's one of the tallest girls they have, so to me it makes sense they would use her round out the "bouquet" of girls they like to photograph. So many of these gals are teeny tiny, so they group them in the center or level their heights out with boxes on the back rows. 

Personally, I'd love to look like Jinelle! 

Wrong.  Caila was super tall and she was right up front her second year.  I've never seen a girl as senior as Jinelle consistently be kept out of the front of the photo.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Wrong.  Caila was super tall and she was right up front her second year.  I've never seen a girl as senior as Jinelle consistently be kept out of the front of the photo.

It was just a theory on my part, I wasn't trying to be right and I certainly don't have any insider knowledge. Just a thought. 

• Love 7

I understand that Jinelle may not be pretty according to some tastes (and she isn't the only one we can't agree on either), but I doubt that they keep her out of focus because they think she is ugly. If that was true, she would have been long gone. Most of the girls we disagree on (regarding looks that is) are girls who stay one or two years and then are "outdanced".

5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I understand that Jinelle may not be pretty according to some tastes (and she isn't the only one we can't agree on either), but I doubt that they keep her out of focus because they think she is ugly. If that was true, she would have been long gone. Most of the girls we disagree on (regarding looks that is) are girls who stay one or two years and then are "outdanced".

Who would fit that category? Kat? I'm honestly drawing a blank. Recently at least, It seems like there were clear reasons why most of the vets got cut and nothing shady or underhanded about it. Ashley Pro was outdanced, but I thought most people considered her to be quite pretty. I do agree though that they're not trying to hide Jinelle or anything like that. 

It's probably a good thing I'm not judging this thing because the begging for "votes" is really starting to bug me. Maybe it's the mom of young adult women part of me but I would want to "take off points" for not listening when they were told there's no fan vote this year. Yes, I'm aware I'm being judgy and yes, I'm aware it's rather insignificant.?

• Love 5