2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Kali Mikelson, who was a favorite before auditions made it as well 

for reference:

I like her!

Just now, dreamcatcher said:

So somebody help me: the little blonde firehouse in blue next to Victoria in one of the videos was Ashley Gallagher right? And she didn't make the finals apparently.

Well that makes me sad. Wonder why? 

4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well that makes me sad. Wonder why? 

I think someone mentioned her kicks were low? But they've let in average dancers with low kicks before :( 

(edited)

Interesting to see the comments on the photos of each girl facebook posted. Mostly good luck, but some sexual ones too ew

and our ever favorite weirdo "I don't like any of them"

Edited by heatherrrrz

By my count, we have 8 who were finalists last year. Is that accurate?

1. Ally Cheatham
  2. Brennan Cook (also chosen for Training Camp)
  3. Brittney Vodde
  4. Celinda Connolley (also chosen for Training Camp)
  5. Cristi Fisher
  6. Joi Smith
  7. Miranda Tims
  8. Sheridan McDowell (also chosen for Training Camp)
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

HAHAHAHA omg i must have missed it, i have to go back to find it...too funny! 

the worsttt

I'm glad Alexis made it to finals... So out of the 5 DMD's that tried out only 2 made it to Finals.

The pictures are welcomed but yes they are not the best but I appreciate them all the same. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

the worsttt

i'm surprised tho, he's not the only one like yuck, don't like them this year. WTF!!! man, i feel better about our boards here then.  we are like, the nicest people ever comparatively!  

I feel so bad for these girls...they just got done with two days of auditions, exhausted, hair and makeup a mess and they have to pose in front of an ugly curtain with someone getting them from a bad angle...and being 100% judged on that photo.  ugh.  I'd force myself to not even look at comments on my pic if i were them. 

I actually think there are lots of pretty girls this year and i never judge figures too harshly from a single pic.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

The photographer should have at least attempted to make sure the pictures were in focus, not good quality at all, maybe we'll have better shots come finals this weekend. 

Could that photographer make their legs look any shorter and stumpier? I think not. 

• Love 3
On 5/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, heatherrrrz said:

DCC-18.jpg

This girl is super pretty, idk her name but I hope she made it through to finals

She is gorgeous. There is something about her that makes me think of Aly Michalka. 

• Love 1

Miranda tried out last year and I remember her because of her crazy uniboob. No, it's not just a bad picture. It looked like this last year too. :\ I'm sure she's a nice girl, but it's hard for me to get past it and I feel like she'd look odd in uniform.

IMG_0984.JPG

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Miranda tried out last year and I remember her because of her crazy uniboob. No, it's not just a bad picture. It looked like this last year too. :\ I'm sure she's a nice girl, but it's hard for me to get past it and I feel like she'd look odd in uniform.

IMG_0984.JPG

Wow. Also...I think maybe her shorts were shrunk in the wash. I now know more about her anatomy than my own.

Spoiler

Edited by Willow
apparently I made a spoiler. I can't undo it. #Fail
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

Wow. Also...I think maybe her shorts were shrunk in the wash. I now know more about her anatomy now than my own.

Hide contents

Lol yeah it's one hell of a camel toe.

With that aside, I think Alise and Alexis are the prettiest girls auditioning this year. Alexis's pic on Facebook isn't even good, but I browsed her Instagram and wow, she's stunning.

• Love 2

Alisa at Michelle Keys video 

Just now, Dlcmom said:

Anyone know who this girl is and if she's tried out again?

IMG_3529.PNG

Lauren Parker

AND. Alisa is an Apache Bell, which is another team similar to Kilgore. So, we know the girl can kick 

• Love 4
(edited)

There's a girl from Belgium going into finals. Wonder if she'll get a little better treatment since they like to promote Jinelle/Yuko being from other countries. 

IMG_1575.PNG

Edited by HowdeeDo
6 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

Saw this after searching AT&T Stadium. Guess she didn't make it to Finals. But she looks super cute. Hope she comes back! 

Her hashtags are pretty cute also!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Willow said:

Wow. Also...I think maybe her shorts were shrunk in the wash. I now know more about her anatomy than my own.

Reveal hidden contents

Oi vey, I have to agree! 

Well, she's already cursed because her name is Miranda. And we know just about every girl named Miranda who has tried out for DCC has never made it all the way to making the team, right? 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The only think that doesn't 'look DCC' with Saundra is her natural hair. I think she's gorgeous, and like the curly hair, but they seem to want to relax all the AA girls' hair.

They're still letting Robin stay curly I hope!

5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

No fan vote is disappointing. It was fun. I don't think it ever knocked a better candidate out of training camp, or pushed a bad one onto the team.

I don't think so either...I always assumed they invite who they like to TC, and if the fan vote winner wouldn't have made it to TC otherwise, then she's just an extra who will end up getting cut sooner or later.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

IMG_0984.JPG

That top looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That top looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen!

Let's hope Kitty can fix alllllll of that so her cash and prizes don't say hello to the world

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

They're still letting Robin stay curly I hope!

I don't think so either...I always assumed they invite who they like to TC, and if the fan vote winner wouldn't have made it to TC otherwise, then she's just an extra who will end up getting cut sooner or later.

This. I don't feel like typing out my reasoning on this again, but for the short version, as much as we like some girls, if they don't make it into TC at all, you'd have to have about 10 girls 'knock them out of camp', not just one.

Eh, screw it, here I go again. These girls are ranked. 36ish on the team (I know some years have had 34, 37, etc., but let's make math easy and stick with 36). If there are 36 on the slot, and say it's a year where 26 vets comeback, there are at least 10 spots open. Let's say zero vets get cut during the whole camp, and they pick 46 TCCs. Let's say numbers are assigned from 1 being next point girl to 46 being the fan vote. If 46 girls make it into TC, and there are 36 spots, 10 will be cut. Girls really don't fluctuate too much on how they improve in camp, so if you were a newcomer ranked 27 to maybe 32-33, you're pretty safe. 32-38ish may wobble around and have a chance to move up or down. 39-46 = not gonna make it no matter what. So even if TCC #46 is horrible, but won the fan vote into camp, she's not going to knock a girl who could realistically make it on the team, if she would've been 47 or lower anyway. 

Also - pretty sure Robyn has a curly weave, not her natural hair.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

The photographer should have at least attempted to make sure the pictures were in focus, not good quality at all, maybe we'll have better shots come finals this weekend. 

Where is this? I checked Twitter and IG and couldn't find it.

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

IMG_0984.JPG

That's some major camel toe!

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Where is this? I checked Twitter and IG and couldn't find it.

I just clicked on it in the first post and it went right to the FB page and the pics.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So somebody help me: the little blonde firehouse in blue next to Victoria in one of the videos was Ashley Gallagher right? And she didn't make the finals apparently.

Oh nooooo!!! I so wanted her to make it. I checked her Instagram and found nothing. Did you see it posted somewhere? I hope she fixes what she needs to fix and comes back next year. 

I'm not sure if anyone has already touched base on this, but is there any reason why most of Maverick Dancers don't post about DCC auditions? Is it against their contract to audition? 

Just looked thru the pics again, some girls just won't look right in the uniform, sadly. They are too boxy or masculine-looking in the torso. Not their fault at all, it's just how their body is built. ?

• Love 7
(edited)

Y'all I am super excited!!!! I actually live in Jacksonville, AR (where Joi is from!) She graduated from North Pulaski High (which is now Jacksonville middle).  I am a teacher in that building! We have a lot of mutual friends, and my wife, who grew up here, says she is familiar, although she went to Jville High across town!

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, cvogue said:

The DCC Facebook page is where the pics are located, if anyone can't find them.

The 5 Ice Angels who are finalists Cristi, Randi, Taryn, Raven, and Brittney.18301682_1591875964206869_63798196939575

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The 5 Ice Angels who are finalists Cristi, Randi, Taryn, Raven, and Brittney.18301682_1591875964206869_63798196939575

I feel like the Ice Angels always does better than the Mavs in getting their girls into dcc finals/training camp. If i was a wannabe dcc, I would be auditioning for ice angels if I didn't make it. 

• Love 1

Shoot, some girls have very few "likes"--I'll have to go back and give them one if I haven't already. It's a big deal to have gotten this far and they all did very well! ❤

• Love 5
(edited)

So, it took me a while. But I have officially listed almost all the finalists! I have the social media info for 52/55 finalists. The remaining just have a name for now, as I wasn't able to find anything else. Some are private but many were public! I have reposted a new list in the other thread. Enjoy!! (The list is in order of the Facebook Finalist photos)

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

So, it took me a while. But I have officially listed almost all the finalists! I have the social media info for 52/55 finalists. The remaining just have a name for now, as I wasn't able to find anything else. Some are private but many were public! I have reposted a new list in the other thread. Enjoy!!

Thank you! 

9 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Oh nooooo!!! I so wanted her to make it. I checked her Instagram and found nothing. Did you see it posted somewhere? I hope she fixes what she needs to fix and comes back next year. 

No but I checked the photos on fb and I couldn't find her! I'm not sure though that she did audition.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I was wondering the same thing...

You know the vets are going to jump on the use of Rookies as we have seen before as they are only candidates, not rookies unless they make the team.

16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

LOL!! I took the pics as they are a reference for judges....didn't know social media department wouldn't crop them! 

20 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me why? Just curious. 

Not really sure why it was decided against.

• Love 7