Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

They're having training camp at the star. I have tickets.

I never understood why they spent all that money going to Oxnard except for the fact that Jerry could do it so he did. Makes so much more since staying in TX. 

• Love 1
On 7/17/2017 at 10:30 PM, kalibean said:

Yes, especially in uptown. The only 18 and over places I can think of are places like Red River on ladies' night. And you can get around some of the 21+ if they serve food, but honestly, the clubs they're going to are 21+ unless you know somebody. 

I could be wrong tho, I'm old now ?? Holly wouldn't have hit my radar for underage at any point, but I honestly don't remember much if any younger girls getting in many places Uptown. By SMU or TCU maybe? Hmm. Shall ponder. It's all moot if you know the right people anyway. 

I concur. I used to live up by RR and our clubs were 18+ UNTIL they were busted for underage drinking or closed. There are now NO clubs in the town I grew up in that had four when I was in college. The times they are a changin'. Btw, I was in college in '94-'98.

as a person who looked 14 at 23, I NEVER gained admittance to a club without id. Although at almost 43, it is nice now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

I never understood why they spent all that money going to Oxnard except for the fact that Jerry could do it so he did. Makes so much more since staying in TX. 

For years, they held training camp in Austin. My cousin worked for St. Edwards University as a landscape engineer. He said the players stayed in the dorms and would urinate in the elevators and make a huge mess everywhere. They would bring their own personal golf carts and they were all pimped out. They would ride up and down the lines of fans signing autographs. He said big name players had really tricked out golf carts with all kinds of belles and whistles while rookies walked the line of fans to sign autographs. Just to keep this one topic, he said the DCC didn't come down for that that he remembers. It was in the 90's.

10 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

Back in the 70s or early 80s, training camp was in Thousand Oaks CA. They say it's because of the heat. Wichita Falls was just brutal. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

Back in the 70s or early 80s, training camp was in Thousand Oaks CA. They say it's because of the heat. Wichita Falls was just brutal. 

And way back in the day it was in Minnesota! 

(edited)
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think it was in response to the article @QuiteCalM linked above.

My guess as well.

If so, I will agree and compound the sentiment by saying that Zeke's character is shining through, and it ain't looking too good on the Cowboys organization. 

Mr and Ms Jones, fame and infamy are not equal. Bad behavior is not a coping mechanism. Please allow me to respect my team. Right now I don't. How ghetto can you be?! 

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5

Didn't Shelly make a comment earlier in this thread with the # 4 on it meaning possibly that there were 4 cuts left to be made? Do they usually cut someone on a Friday or does it matter?  That means when we are looking at episodes there will be on week 7 (or 8) a chop fest. Like 3 or 4 on the last week. Please don't cut Christina on the last night of training camp.  I understand they are wanting to give these girls every last minute to make it and then sometimes she still isn't ready, but that was heartbreaking to watch Kyndall being cut. I know when they cut come back TTCs a second time and its earlier like Kathryn D. and Rachel B it looks like it is at least easier on them. Do you think they would cut all 3 comeback girls? I have never seen that before. I have seen 2 when 3 comeback but never all of them.

35 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Didn't Shelly make a comment earlier in this thread with the # 4 on it meaning possibly that there were 4 cuts left to be made? Do they usually cut someone on a Friday or does it matter?  That means when we are looking at episodes there will be on week 7 (or 8) a chop fest. Like 3 or 4 on the last week. Please don't cut Christina on the last night of training camp.  I understand they are wanting to give these girls every last minute to make it and then sometimes she still isn't ready, but that was heartbreaking to watch Kyndall being cut. I know when they cut come back TTCs a second time and its earlier like Kathryn D. and Rachel B it looks like it is at least easier on them. Do you think they would cut all 3 comeback girls? I have never seen that before. I have seen 2 when 3 comeback but never all of them.

It was in response to my previous post where I said 3 cuts had already been made and then when she replied it had gone to 4. If they're aiming for 36 then yes 4 cuts technically to still be made but it's more likely to have a bigger squad concidering recent years. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I think that scraping sound I just heard was Tex Schramm rolling over in his grave.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/18/jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-rock-star/#disqus_thread

Looks like 'ol Zeke is off the hook in the bar fight.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Dallas-Police-Suspend-Investigation-Into-Ezekiel-Elliott-Case-435476993.html

Where's Dak when you need him?  He spent all last season glued to Zeke's side after Zeke was busted going to that marijuana dispensary.  Dak kept him in line because he knew Zeke can't be trusted by himself.  I hope the NFL lays down the hammer and I live in Texas and support the Cowboys.  But something needs to be done about this kid's behavior.

• Love 1

I think this Zeke situation is an example of why the DCC have to be confident that their cheerleaders are prepared to be gracious and diplomatic ambassadors. I imagine people will ask/talk to the DCC about it, either at events or in their off time. I've wondered before about the DCC love for Zeke in relation to his past domestic violence allegations. I think that many NFL players are admirable in some way or another but I do have ambivalent feelings about the ways the league seems to allow, sweep under the rug, or overlook the violent behavior of some of its players, particularly regarding violence against women.

I remember admiring how Shannon, the lady from Pittsburgh who auditioned in season 9, handled her Jason Witten/Roethlisberger question in her finals interview.  She trod delicately around Roethlisberger's rape allegations--she didn't bring them up specifically, but neither did she blindly endorse someone with questionable treatment of women. She merely said she'd favor Jason Witten because her Steelers qb wasn't her favorite person off the field. I think that's an excellent example of what the judges are looking for--ladies who clearly are informed (particularly in this case about the NFL, major players, and big news about both) and who know how to be diplomatic and not throw folks or teams under the bus in what could become a charged situation. I don't think it mattered so much whether she picked Witten or Roethlisberger in her answer as much as how she answered.  

Along a similar ambassador vein, a Show Group member not knowing who Sean Spicer is (or, apparently, why Melissa McCarthy was charging podiums at people on SNL while wearing a frightful wig) seems like a major potential embarrassment for the organization, especially given that they go overseas to visit our military. People who put their lives on the line to protect their nation could be offended that she doesn't appear to give a shit about national affairs or our military engagements abroad. I kind of can't believe that they aired Tasha's faux pas like that in the preview and presumably in the finals episode, because it seems very embarrassing for the team to admit that they have a veteran who showed she is so blatantly ignorant and they took her back. But I'm also glad that they did, because she should be seriously embarrassed that thousands of people and her whole team now know that she is so ignorant. Clearly, she's invested in being a Trophy (as her shirt announced in one of her personal posts) and isn't concerned about much else. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Well I guess they'd cut all 3 if they felt none of them were right for team. Being a comeback shouldn't give them any preferential weighting over first time girls, as in they shouldn't pick one girl over another because the first girl has been in training camp before. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

Along a similar ambassador vein, a Show Group member not knowing who Sean Spicer is (or, apparently, why Melissa McCarthy was charging podiums at people on SNL while wearing a frightful wig) seems like a major potential embarrassment for the organization, especially given that they go overseas to visit our military. People who put their lives on the line to protect their nation could be offended that she doesn't appear to give a shit about national affairs or our military engagements abroad. I kind of can't believe that they aired Tasha's faux pas like that in the preview and presumably in the finals episode, because it seems very embarrassing for the team to admit that they have a veteran who showed she is so blatantly ignorant and they took her back. But I'm also glad that they did, because she should be seriously embarrassed that thousands of people and her whole team now know that she is so ignorant. Clearly, she's invested in being a Trophy (as her shirt announced in one of her personal posts) and isn't concerned about much else. 

I've thought a lot about this situation given the inevitable discussion on the boards and  the I can see two outcomes- being asked a question that is considered common knowledge that you don't know the answer to but you respond humbly and honestly, with your intent to learn and correct your knowledge gap could be seen as not that big of a deal in the long run. Or, you're asked the question and you don't know and appear to not care or try to giggle it off (I'm looking at you, Brittany from season 6 who didn't know what a political party was) because it's "cutesy" ends up seeming disrespectful. 

I also try to remember we're seeing 5 seconds of an interview, perhaps she knocked everything else out of the park?

Sorry, @M1977G I'm not picking on you!! You just happen to be the most recent response on this topic. 

• Love 4
On 7/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, AmberRP said:

I'm dying for some spoilers here! Do we even know who has been called in the office a lot this year? That would at least give me someone to root or look out for (like Kelsey last year). 

Agreed. Don't they all know that WE are their number 1 followers...without us there would be no DCC MTT!!! (I'm exaggerating of course) but we do deserve some news!!! Dying 

• Love 2

Different standards for different people I guess ... I still don't get how Tasha made Show Group, even if she did know who Spicy is!  I guess because Spicy is such a "popular" cultural reference and name nowadays (thank you Melissa and thank you to Press!) that I would assume most people know his name.

• Love 1

@spazette I in no way feel picked on! If everyone agreed on everything here, there'd be nothing to say on these boards!

I glanced at Tasha's Twitter account today and see that she posted something about not being perfect and getting back up, so she at least knows to be embarrassed and is trying to move forward. I also scrolled down a little and looked again at Kelli's Show Group announcement picture. I wasn't sure before when folks here were guessing about what the various stickers on the pictures all signified, but after seeing the MTT promo and the way Meredith asked Tasha the question, I think the 78 sticker on her photo likely is her written test score. She will have to bring it this year and for real next audition season if she wants to go for round 3. Weight gain + ignorance does not equal a good DCC look.  But, I have seen past DCCs who screw up and rebound in a big way to be great cheerleaders and more mature, professional women. So perhaps this will be a good life lesson for her and hopefully more than just an embarrassing situation. 

• Love 3

While Tasha should know who Sean Spicer is, I don't find this answer to be anywhere near as bad as not knowing who the candidates for president or some of the more silly answers. It's possible that Tasha is familiar with the SNL skits, "alternative facts", and would recognize his face on tv, but just didn't know the name. I'm not saying it's acceptable by any means, just that she may not be totally clueless as to current events. My husband rolls his eyes anytime he sees KellyAnne Conway giving an interview, but if you asked him "what do you think of kellyanne Conway," he would look st you funny and say "who?" Lol! He knows what's going on but doesn't know all of these folks by name. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

While Tasha should know who Sean Spicer is, I don't find this answer to be anywhere near as bad as not knowing who the candidates for president or some of the more silly answers. It's possible that Tasha is familiar with the SNL skits, "alternative facts", and would recognize his face on tv, but just didn't know the name. I'm not saying it's acceptable by any means, just that she may not be totally clueless as to current events. My husband rolls his eyes anytime he sees KellyAnne Conway giving an interview, but if you asked him "what do you think of kellyanne Conway," he would look st you funny and say "who?" Lol! He knows what's going on but doesn't know all of these folks by name. 

LOL, this is the first time I've had this put in this perspective. I actually concur.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ante said:

Looks like 'ol Zeke is off the hook in the bar fight.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Dallas-Police-Suspend-Investigation-Into-Ezekiel-Elliott-Case-435476993.html

Where's Dak when you need him?  He spent all last season glued to Zeke's side after Zeke was busted going to that marijuana dispensary.  Dak kept him in line because he knew Zeke can't be trusted by himself.  I hope the NFL lays down the hammer and I live in Texas and support the Cowboys.  But something needs to be done about this kid's behavior.

Yep, this article says they've moved on. And it's probably safe to say you won't see much fraternizing with DCC over a sandwich like this!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Zeke-Sandwich-is-All-The-Rave-at-Bedford-BBQ-Joint-435697573.html

49 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys didn't pay for it. The City of Frisco spent $150 million dollars of taxpayer money to get them to move.

Same with AT&T Stadium! The people of Arlington paid for most of it.

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Is it your husband's job to be versed on current events for discussion and entertaining dignitaries and military? I see your point, but I feel like she knows the job at this point.

23 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Is it your husband's job to be versed on current events for discussion and entertaining dignitaries and military? I see your point, but I feel like she knows the job at this point.

Military and dignitaries...no, but he's an engineer/project manager. He goes to events and dinners with contractors all of the time, so I think there is an expectation for him to be well-versed in what's going on in the world. I'm an attorney, and I meet with clients and go to events all of the time where current events are discussed, so there's also an expectation. Lots of people have jobs where they are expected to be able to hold a conversation with other professionals. I don't find the DCC requirements to informed to be all that unusual. Regardless, my point wasn't to make an excuse for Tasha. Sean Spicer has been in the news enough where she should probably know his name. However, my point was more so that not knowing the name of someone does not necessarily equal that person being a clueless idiot. I follow politics, so I probably know the names of most senior white house aides, but while I also follow most of the main sports in the US, if you started throwing around names of people, I may not know who that person is offhand without some context. Yet, my husband would definitely know.. The good thing is that, in my experience, conversations with people at dinners are rarely a Q&A where you're asked, "do you know who so and so is?" If it was, lots of otherwise smart people would come off looking stupid. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Exactly. Sean Spicer is a talking head who, given the turnover in that job, won't last through the first term.  He doesn't make policy and is just a cog in the wheel.  For a veteran DCC to flunk her interview over what his name is would be silly to me. Not when she brings far more to the table than not knowing a functionary's name. If she couldn't name the President, VP, or talk intelligently on policy and current events, that's an issue. 

Realistically though, and I'm legitimately asking because I've not breathed the rarefied air at AT&T, how much does a DCC get asked about anything other than football, the weather and her bra size by some big wig at a corporate event or in one of the boxes at AT&T? I would be surprised to learn one of Jerry's friends cornered Tasha at an event so he could ask her about her thoughts on the sustainability of the ACA. I'm not condoning that, mind you, but well... Old Boys Club. 

12 hours ago, Ms. SW said:

They should practice in the Texas heat. If they can take that heat, they can beat down their opponents that much easier. Builds character. 

:reaches around and turns fan to high:

• Love 1

Some talk about players is ok. Taking over the topic is not. What's especially not ok, telling people how to post. Bad mouthing anyone is never ok, that includes mods. It's the whole Be Civil thing. And just because there is nothing going on with the cheerleaders doesn't mean rude behavior is acceptable. 

24 minutes ago, Java said:

Exactly. Sean Spicer is a talking head who, given the turnover in that job, won't last through the first term.  He doesn't make policy and is just a cog in the wheel.  For a veteran DCC to flunk her interview over what his name is would be silly to me. Not when she brings far more to the table than not knowing a functionary's name. If she couldn't name the President, VP, or talk intelligently on policy and current events, that's an issue. 

Sorry, definitely don't agree with you here. I'm not even from the States and I know who Spicer is. Absolutely no excuse for a DCC vet to turn up to their panel interview without knowing the name of one of the most visible figures of the current US administration (esp since Spicer is constantly in the news for saying one idiotic thing after another). 

We're not talking about accosting some random citizen on the street and shoving a camera in their face while grilling them on the who's who of US politics. We're talking about asking someone who turned up to an interview knowing they would be asked about current events. 

Tascha was just woefully underprepared, plain and simple. She should be embarrassed and good on Kelli for so visibly making a statement with the position of Tascha's photo in that Twitter pic that DCC doesn't appreciate stupidity. 

(Don't know how she made show group but hey, seems like miracles do happen...)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

LOL, this is the first time I've had this put in this perspective. I actually concur.

Me too. And I'm curious what the editing monkeys might have done for that preview too. If the question before Spicy was "what pop star do you think is sexy?" her brain might have taken a second to catch up to a political figure. So she might have said what we saw on the snippet, been given a little context and then rebounded with "isn't it amazing how popular SNL has gotten this year with Melissa McCarthy portraying him??" Hopefully she just had a brain fart and recovered well and we were just given a juicy snippet. 

20 minutes ago, Java said:

Realistically though, and I'm legitimately asking because I've not breathed the rarefied air at AT&T, how much does a DCC get asked about anything other than football, the weather and her bra size by some big wig at a corporate event or in one of the boxes at AT&T? I would be surprised to learn one of Jerry's friends cornered Tasha at an event so he could ask her about her thoughts on the sustainability of the ACA.

This made me laugh out loud.  I'm kind of curious what a DCC's answer world be!  I have to say, I've gone to several corporate events (both alone or accompanying my dad to some of his work stuff, which tends to be SUPER old boys club) where topics like this come up, and even though most times I'm expected to smile, nod and look pretty (especially when at a Dad event) being engaged in the conversation is expected. And many people assume everyone around them votes and feels the same way they do, thus saying whatever the heck they want. Sometimes it's hard to hold back a shocked expression. 

I got stuck with a real awkward conversation about President Obama while in a corporate suite at Cowboys Stadium once, so thanks for that flashback ?? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Me too. And I'm curious what the editing monkeys might have done for that preview too. If the question before Spicy was "what pop star do you think is sexy?" her brain might have taken a second to catch up to a political figure. So she might have said what we saw on the snippet, been given a little context and then rebounded with "isn't it amazing how popular SNL has gotten this year with Melissa McCarthy portraying him??" Hopefully she just had a brain fart and recovered well and we were just given a juicy snippet. 

This made me laugh out loud.  I'm kind of curious what a DCC's answer world be!  I have to say, I've gone to several corporate events (both alone or accompanying my dad to some of his work stuff, which tends to be SUPER old boys club) where topics like this come up, and even though most times I'm expected to smile, nod and look pretty (especially when at a Dad event) being engaged in the conversation is expected. And many people assume everyone around them votes and feels the same way they do, thus saying whatever the heck they want. Sometimes it's hard to hold back a shocked expression. 

I got stuck with a real awkward conversation about President Obama while in a corporate suite at Cowboys Stadium once, so thanks for that flashback ?? 

At least you're laughing about it now, right?  :)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

Sorry, definitely don't agree with you here. I'm not even from the States and I know who Spicer is. Absolutely no excuse for a DCC vet to turn up to their panel interview without knowing the name of one of the most visible figures of the current US administration (esp since Spicer is constantly in the news for saying one idiotic thing after another). 

We're not talking about accosting some random citizen on the street and shoving a camera in their face while grilling them on the who's who of US politics. We're talking about asking someone who turned up to an interview knowing they would be asked about current events. 

Tascha was just woefully underprepared, plain and simple. She should be embarrassed and good on Kelli for so visibly making a statement with the position of Tascha's photo in that Twitter pic that DCC doesn't appreciate stupidity. 

I respect that you have a different opinion than mine on this, I really do. But to judge her entire interview based on one question, especially that one, seems drastic to me. She could've had the names of the Supreme Court justices memorized, and the name of the chief waterboy for the 1987 season memorized, but flaked on this one question. Was it her finest hour? Certainly not, but she did respond with a respectful, humbled and honest answer. Had she been asked that question by Jerry Jones himself he probably would've given her a pass if she came off intelligently in other topics.

I 100% agree with you on her making show group though. I think that while she dances well enough to make the team, show group is a stretch. I know they don't always send the entire group out for appearances, maybe she'll be an alternate?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

I mean if nothing else, Kelli specifically tells them they need to watch the news/read the newspaper.  There is no way anyone who is watching/reading the news daily in preparation for a job interview would not have known the name Spicer.  Now maybe to some it seems unnecessary for DCC to be expected to know this stuff.  IDK.  But I do know they've been told they need to know what's going on in the news.

9 minutes ago, Java said:

She could've had the names of the Supreme Court justices memorized, and the name of the chief waterboy for the 1987 season memorized, but flaked on this one question. Was it her finest hour? Certainly not, but she did respond with a respectful, humbled and honest answer. Had she been asked that question by Jerry Jones himself he probably would've given her a pass if she came off intelligently in other topics.

This is the real mystery.  How was she on everything else?  I hope they will show more of the interview so we can see for ourselves.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Java said:

I respect that you have a different opinion than mine on this, I really do. But to judge her entire interview based on one question, especially that one, seems drastic to me. She could've had the names of the Supreme Court justices memorized, and the name of the chief waterboy for the 1987 season memorized, but flaked on this one question. Was it her finest hour? Certainly not, but she did respond with a respectful, humbled and honest answer. Had she been asked that question by Jerry Jones himself he probably would've given her a pass if she came off intelligently in other topics.

I can respect that I'm a little hardline when it comes to interview preparation. But I strongly doubt she had the names of the Supreme Court justices memorised if she didn't even know who Spicer was...

From the 2 second promo clip of her, she did seem to respond in a humbled way. I do agree we would have to see how she handled every other question to be able to make a thorough judgment as to whether she was underprepared or not. 'Who is Spicer' is just such a basic question (to me) that it reflects a fundamental lack of preparation (in my opinion). 

But we can agree to disagree :) 

Edited by autumdusk
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Same with AT&T Stadium! The people of Arlington paid for most of it.

I saw on a video of the construction of that stadium called "Build it Bigger" that Jerry Jones paid for it out of his pocket. J man in a hard hat said this himself. He said with the super bowl being held there that he would make most of it back. That's what I remember from the video anyway.

Someone on here had posted the cost to go to a game in just the mere mortal seats and it was upwards of a few hundred bucks. Tickets, parking, food... I bet Jerry makes a good amount of profit off that team, even with the crazy salaries and stadium upkeep. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Java said:

Someone on here had posted the cost to go to a game in just the mere mortal seats and it was upwards of a few hundred bucks. Tickets, parking, food... I bet Jerry makes a good amount of profit off that team, even with the crazy salaries and stadium upkeep. 

I live in South Carolina and was looking into going to the game in Atlanta this year to see them play (original love of the DCC turned me into a major Cowboys fan) since driving to Atlanta is a lot easier for me than an airplane ride to Dallas. The cheapest tickets I have seen so far are $500. Very few normal career people can afford that for a football game on top of the cost of travel and a hotel.

• Love 2

Totally agree!! I moved from SC back in 2014 and that drive to Atlanta from Columbia is definitely cheaper than a plane trip to Dallas.

Pretty sad when you think about it. How much more money would they make if the tickets were more reasonably priced and more people could afford to see them? I'd love to see the Cowboys in person, but it would cost me close to $1500 to fly from Salt Lake City, get a decent hotel room, tickets, etc, etc. for a single game. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:
4 hours ago, Java said:

I live in South Carolina and was looking into going to the game in Atlanta this year to see them play (original love of the DCC turned me into a major Cowboys fan) since driving to Atlanta is a lot easier for me than an airplane ride to Dallas. The cheapest tickets I have seen so far are $500. Very few normal career people can afford that for a football game on top of the cost of travel and a hotel.

I've been looking into going to that game as well as I live in the Atlanta area. It's crazy how much they are going for !  I've been to other Falcons games and they were way cheaper. It's just because it's the Cowboys and people will pay it. The fan base in ATL is surprisingly big. 

• Love 1

I am thinking of going to DC for a friend's wedding (second marriage) the last weekend of October.  The Cowboys will be visiting the Redskins that 10/29 weekend.  Upper Level seats can be found in the $91-$110 range on StubHub.  Best available seats range from $398-$500.  Road trip to Washington?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

I've been looking into going to that game as well as I live in the Atlanta area. It's crazy how much they are going for !  I've been to other Falcons games and they were way cheaper. It's just because it's the Cowboys and people will pay it. The fan base in ATL is surprisingly big. 

And it's super convenient for Cowboys fans in the south east to get to. It's only a 5 hour drive for me from Charleston. I honestly think the new stadium is driving up prices in ATL this year. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

The problem with Atlanta is they will be in a new stadium next season & coming off a solid Super Bowl run....once they lose a few games, most of Atlanta's 'fans' will forget about them again & prices will go down.  Most Atlanta sporting events are filled with the visiting teams fans....with that being said, the cheerleaders should go to away games!   Sorry being off topic, but I do remember as details of ATL new stadium came out, people kept comparing it to AT&T, saying all these new stadiums is just really a pissing contest between billionaire team owners.  The fans are the ones who suffer....all these bells & whistles are nice, but they think it justifies outrageous ticket prices.  Not sure about everyone else, but all I need is a beer guy & being able to see the action on the field (players & cheerleaders, of course)  

• Love 1

Folks, while it is completely understandable how talking about where the cheerleaders dance and their relation to the football organization and the NFL can lead to talking about stadiums and prices, it has strayed just a bit too far. Perhaps take the talk to the Small Talk? There is an NFL topic as well. Thank you!

• Love 1
On 7/19/2017 at 9:35 PM, GingerJ said:

For years, they held training camp in Austin. My cousin worked for St. Edwards University as a landscape engineer. He said the players stayed in the dorms and would urinate in the elevators and make a huge mess everywhere. They would bring their own personal golf carts and they were all pimped out. They would ride up and down the lines of fans signing autographs. He said big name players had really tricked out golf carts with all kinds of belles and whistles while rookies walked the line of fans to sign autographs. Just to keep this one topic, he said the DCC didn't come down for that that he remembers. It was in the 90's.

We did go to Austin for training camp...I went for 3 seasons.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:29 PM, mittensgizmo said:

It had more to do with a very even climate to do the best training, not in  the Texas heat. A lengthy relationship with SoCal goes beyond the Jerry Jones ownership, so it continues to be cultivated. This year the stay is shortened, so the team can can do the final days at The Star. 

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, Ante said:

Someone, somewhere. @ShellyB. Please give us a nugget of information. There has to be something

IMG_5920.GIF

No spoilers to give. Vacations are winding down, but rehearsals have continued sans camera crew. More can be covered without the lens. We have a few events in the pipeline before our first preseason game, which may or may not jive with any "timeline". There are still cuts to be made, but I can't speculate on when,  who or how many. IMO from being at rehearsals the last week, Seems some difficult decisions are on the horizon for K & J, as the remaining TCCs have strengths in many areas. 

• Love 11