Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

OMG i forgot about that! hahahaha!! that's right, i didn't even think twice about it but Vivian had to make that big post about 'sorry everyone, not trying out again, they just used me pointing in the promo' and then Kat got all fired up about it.  like do they not understand how CMT owns all the footage to use forever...? 

Once you've signed the initial contract, your face is theirs to do whatever with lol

33 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, that was the joke. I believe last year, Kat Dunn commented on something about Vivian saying that she should be talking to them about using her in a promo video without her permission.

Oh lord. Kat Dunn,  stop frontin.

You know you and Viv are just happy with your mugs being slapped on anything that'll be viewed by more than two people. Stay hydrated, thirsty girls.

giphy.gif

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i would think having an epic meltdown as a DCC would disrespect your group leader (and organization) but to each their own.

Your original post said she did not "blow up on Jessica"...as far as I knew, she was never accused of blowing up on Jessica, and that's what I meant  But since the story originated from an "insider" who claimed the tallest woman on the squad was 5'3" I'm taking it all with a giant grain of salt.

Interesting that the weight warning was Selina, I assumed it would have been Simone,

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Your original post said she did not "blow up on Jessica"...as far as I knew, she was never accused of blowing up on Jessica, and that's what I meant  But since the story originated from an "insider" who claimed the tallest woman on the squad was 5'3" I'm taking it all with a giant grain of salt.

Interesting that the weight warning was Selina, I assumed it would have been Simone,

Sorry, I will try to watch the words I use.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Once you've signed the initial contract, your face is theirs to do whatever with lol

right? that is what i would assume anyway.  Vivian should actually be thankful that all they use of her footage is harmless stuff from auditions lol 

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Sorry, I will try to watch the words I use.

No worries, I didn't mean that you said anything wrong, just explaining what I meant by my comment.

(edited)

I actually thought that Selina looked a little thick in the waist and thighs in some of her photos from the calendar shoot this year. She looked a little more toned at auditions, but I've been wondering since Bimini if she was on their radar. I'm way more surprised that Tasha and Stephanie were reported to be on weight watch than Selina. 

I'm glad they didn't drag Celinda's cut to the very end of camp. She's cute but, yeah, kind of stiff. While I admire that she's a hard worker (per her little feature extra/outtake from last season), I found her kind of blah in terms of how her personality came across on camera. 

So, four more projected cuts, right? For the girls' sake and the show, I hope they don't save all four til the last night. But for those who made it far enough to get the boots, congrats to them! That must feel great. It would be fun to see them passing out boots again, as it's been several seasons since they included that on the show. I loved how much Judy loved seeing how happy Jackie Bob was getting her first pair! Speaking of Jackie and boots, I saw online that Kelli gave out a boot as thank yous to a small group who had done something for the DCC (maybe help with picking winners from their cheerleader video competition). She attached a note to each boot and Jackie's note from Kelli was so sweet, saying how proud she always is of her. Awww. 

Edited by M1977G
Autocorrect
  • Love 5

It's a shame that Selina got on Weight Warning. She just got engaged, didn't she? I gained weight when I got engaged (although I can look at a piece of cake and gain five lbs. so I'm not a good example) because of the showers, celebrating, etc. Hope she can get it off quickly and get back in. Tasha being put on WW really surprises me after seeing that July 4 bikini photo, she looked great to me.

Didn't they cut Celinda last year not long after cameos? Her photo shoot didn't wow them, as I recall.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

It's a shame that Selina got on Weight Warning. She just got engaged, didn't she? I gained weight when I got engaged (although I can look at a piece of cake and gain five lbs. so I'm not a good example) because of the showers, celebrating, etc. Hope she can get it off quickly and get back in. Tasha being put on WW really surprises me after seeing that July 4 bikini photo, she looked great to me.

Didn't they cut Celinda last year not long after cameos? Her photo shoot didn't wow them, as I recall.

That was Simone!

Edited by heatherrrrz
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

It's so sad but I still have no clue who Selina is!  And she got the Weight Warning?  I thought people were saying it was Tasha and Stephanie?  Although how those 2 could get it, I will never get.

13 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

It's so sad but I still have no clue who Selina is!  And she got the Weight Warning?  I thought people were saying it was Tasha and Stephanie?  Although how those 2 could get it, I will never get.

I believe it was posted that all 3 of them are. Tahsa, Stephanie, and Selina. 

Stephanie has been posting her healthy meals on IG for a few weeks now. 

I dont know what it is about a new relationship and weight gain. I gained 20 lbs in like 8 months with my new guy. I had to pump the breaks fast!! Maybe the same thing happened with Stephanie. 

Then if you end a serious relationship the opposite happens. You shed weight!! At least in my case.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

That was Simone!

Oops! My bad! SO SORRY about that. I got them confused a lot in Season 10 so clearly I'm still doing it. Bummed for anyone on WW, that's a pressure nobody wants or needs. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Not disappointed about Celinda. I'm going to hell, but she's a poor man's Erica with a snaggle tooth. 

And for you @QuiteCalM, my crotch fruit the kangaroo whisperer.

roowhisperer.jpg

Edited by DanceChick
Why does my pic look crazy???
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Not disappointed about Celinda. I'm going to hell, but she's a poor man's Erica with a snaggle tooth. 

And for you @QuiteCalM, my crotch fruit the kangaroo whisperer.

roowhisperer.jpg

OK first things first "poor man's Erica with a snaggle tooth" literally made me flop down on the couch and shake uncontrollably while cackling.

AAAAHHH! I LOVE that pic!! That is freaking ADORABLE!! So you must be an Aussie? G'DAY MATE! Sorry, I always go for the most accessible Hollywood stereotype. Does she love her a 'roo? Did she get to pet this one? Where are you? Is that a graveyard?? You can answer me in Small talk if you want. Or tell me to mind my own god damn business.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OK first things first "poor man's Erica with a snaggle tooth" literally made me flop down on the couch and shake uncontrollably while cackling.

AAAAHHH! I LOVE that pic!! That is freaking ADORABLE!! So you must be an Aussie? G'DAY MATE! Sorry, I always go for the most accessible Hollywood stereotype. Does she love her a 'roo? Did she get to pet this one? Where are you? Is that a graveyard?? You can answer me in Small talk if you want. Or tell me to mind my own god damn business.

Is there a way to literally move this to small talk? I'm clueless! My hubby is an Aussie, and we visit his hometown of Perth every couple of years. This is the cemetery where his mom is buried (sad face). There are roos everywhere. They're wild but friendly. Look up the quokka, I think you'd like them even better...

And to keep it on topic, Celinda has nice hair. :)

1 minute ago, DanceChick said:

Is there a way to literally move this to small talk? I'm clueless! My hubby is an Aussie, and we visit his hometown of Perth every couple of years. This is the cemetery where his mom is buried (sad face). There are roos everywhere. They're wild but friendly. Look up the quokka, I think you'd like them even better...

HAHA I love the obligatory Celinda post.

You can't move the convo, I'll just go to small talk and tag you :-)

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

OMG, quokkas!  I LOVE THEM.  They always look so cute.  I want to hold them and love them and make them my best friends.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ante said:

OMG, quokkas!  I LOVE THEM.  They always look so cute.  I want to hold them and love them and make them my best friends.

They're soooo cute. Not sure if you should hold them, but they definitely like to be pet and fed lol!

• Love 1

I have so many thoughts today. Some of them appropriate, many not.

1) Celinda- Her look and style strikes me way more as an MDC than a DCC. She could be super sultry if she wanted to be. I hope she tries out for another team.

2) Selina- I was surprised she made it back this year and Raylee did not. But, third year you have to have a spectacular solo and it does not look like she did. See? That's how forgettable Selina can be. I skipped straight to Raylee and did not look back. 

Selina is cute but forgettable. If you're a "cute" DCC, you have to be a phenomenal dancer.

3) I like Simone. I don't think she nor Tasha look necessarily soft. They're DCC-thin but perhaps a little too thin in the wrong places in some pics. 

4) Tasha- probably should go under Unpopular board, but I like her and it's not a mystery to me she made Show Group. Her Bimini photos were outrageously hot and I like her dancing. I remember thinking she, Maggie, and Mandy were last year's shoo-ins. Tasha is a little more towards her late 20s, correct? It sounds like she basically only stopped dancing when she was pregnant and then came back to dance for 2 NBA teams and then the DCC. Shit, I wish that was MY dance resume!

5) I can not wait to see what happens in the next few weeks. There's blood in the water!!

• Love 5

I think Tasha is an AWFUL dancer. Can't believe she made the team (either year) much less show group. On a superficial note, she has crazy eyes, a weird grin, toothpick legs, and a thick middle. She's so odd looking IMO. I'm still hell bound, obviously.

• Love 5
On 7/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I hate if when vets are cut in camp.

I was going to agree with you, but then I started thinking and I thought the Chelsea cut and Kaitlynn cut (is that her name...blonde who made show group rookie year then missed practice and was super erratic) were both pretty deserved. 

Who am I missing? Chelsea's shitty personality wasn't new, though, so they could have cut her from the herd at solos. 

On 7/11/2017 at 5:57 PM, TiaGrace said:

Thank you for the tea with extra sugar, milady...

I remember thinking from watching Celinda's Instagram dance videos she didn't look better than last year. It looked like she was marking her dances. I had hoped for the best since they took her over Sheridan, who got farther in training camp last year and to me, danced better than last year. 

Poor Selina...at least she looks good in her Bimini Bikini pics.

Now I'm sad because I have no candy. ?

Sheridan was the super pretty one with the perfect body Kelli liked? I thought she was much stronger than Celinda last year, but she must not have shown it at solos. Hopefully the season will shed some light! Maybe MDC will be a better fit for her stompers. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I was going to agree with you, but then I started thinking and I thought the Chelsea cut and Kaitlynn cut (is that her name...blonde who made show group rookie year then missed practice and was super erratic) were both pretty deserved. 

Who am I missing? Chelsea's shitty personality wasn't new, though, so they could have cut her from the herd at solos. 

Sheridan was the super pretty one with the perfect body Kelli liked? I thought she was much stronger than Celinda last year, but she must not have shown it at solos. Hopefully the season will shed some light! Maybe MDC will be a better fit for her stompers. 

Sheridan has a great body but the "perfect" one was Bethany. Lisa (uniform fitter) said she only had to hem Bethany's shorts at uniform fittings. Both are super pretty, I think!

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Hannah was cut for weight during camp of her 2nd year on the team, aka season 9. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I just noticed this picture from Kitty.  You can see Selina compared to Brennan...

from Kitty.jpg

Oh. Wow!

1 hour ago, spazette said:

Hannah was cut for weight during camp of her 2nd year on the team, aka season 9. 

Ohhh geez, how could I forget that one?  That was more of a surprise for sure, though her dancing was sloppy and her weight gain was quite noticeable. She was a tiny little show group swan rookie year. Ah well, we shall never know. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Any guesses on which rookies with make the final team ? 

My guesses are:

Alexandria

Alexis

Brennan

Gina 

Kalyssa

Lauren

Lexie

Molly

Rachel

Savannah

Tara

My guesses for cuts are:

Miranda

Christina

Keyra

Taryn

(edited)
2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

My guesses are:

Alexandria

Alexis

Brennan

Gina 

Kalyssa

Lauren

Lexie

Molly

Rachel

Savannah

Tara

My guesses for cuts are:

Miranda

Christina

Keyra

Taryn

I feel like my only 'for sures' (LOL whatever that's worth) would be Alexis (see she is also modeling with Tasha now for Closet Candy Boutique!), Lexie, Lauren, Savannah, Tara, Molly, Gina (though I've heard from more than one source now that girl has some major diva vibes...she's SG tho and seems to be making an effort lately to hang out with teammates so fingers crossed she gets it together) and Kalyssa.  

Other than that, I just don't feel like I know enough about anyone to make a call I feel confident in!  I will say I'd really like Taryn and Keyra to make it.  I think Brennan has the cutest personality but not sold on her look.  I keep hearing Miranda is a great dancer and sweet and I DO think she's pretty...hey, she made it through uniform fittings AND cameos!  Christina I go back and forth on.  Rachel I literally forget exists but maybe she is awesome.  Alexandria has the maturity and experience to be amazing so i hope she makes it...but i also keep hearing that she gets called out for looking messy (hair and make up not to standards).  I feel like that should be an easier thing for her to fix tho?? 

Edited by LaurenBrook
On 7/10/2017 at 0:19 PM, HowdeeDo said:

First meeting was in June 5, so we're starting week 6.  Only three cuts means they're probably getting down to business now. 

4️⃣

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I feel like my only 'for sures' (LOL whatever that's worth) would be Alexis (see she is also modeling with Tasha now for Closet Candy Boutique!), Lexie, Lauren, Savannah, Tara, Molly, Gina (though I've heard from more than one source now that girl has some major diva vibes...she's SG tho and seems to be making an effort lately to hang out with teammates so fingers crossed she gets it together) and Kalyssa.  

Other than that, I just don't feel like I know enough about anyone to make a call I feel confident in!  I will say I'd really like Taryn and Keyra to make it.  I think Brennan has the cutest personality but not sold on her look.  I keep hearing Miranda is a great dancer and sweet and I DO think she's pretty...hey, she made it through uniform fittings AND cameos!  Christina I go back and forth on.  Rachel I literally forget exists but maybe she is awesome.  Alexandria has the maturity and experience to be amazing so i hope she makes it...but i also keep hearing that she gets called out for looking messy (hair and make up not to standards).  I feel like that should be an easier thing for her to fix tho?? 

I agree with everything you said! Have you heard good things about Lexie? I think she I just beautiful and I hope she makes it! I'm just a bit worried she might be viewed as boxy though? Hope not. 

27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

latest preview, actually getting snippets of the process so far. 

Woooooo!  CMT must have hired a new editor/mixer!  Hot damn, I felt on the edge of my seat for that whole preview!  Like I was watching a trailer for the newest summer blockbuster.  

I'm actually a wee bit SHOCKED that Tasha made show group without knowing who Sean Spicer is.  That didn't make her look very good.

• Love 13

Awesome preview!!! i will prob watch it like 50 times more before the season starts LOL 

Christina really looks so very pretty this year - LOVE her solo costume. 

Oh Tasha...I was wondering what people meant when they said she had a bad interview. that would do it.  Again though, good for her for realizing what a gift she was given to make it back and amping her game up like 100%.  

25 minutes ago, AmberRP said:

I agree with everything you said! Have you heard good things about Lexie? I think she I just beautiful and I hope she makes it! I'm just a bit worried she might be viewed as boxy though? Hope not. 

i haven't heard anything about her one way or the other (which is probably good lol) she looks so beautiful in every pic i've seen of her! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

How can you NOT know who Sean Spicer is? Even then he was in the news like every damn day.... I'm sorry Tasha fans but how on earth did she make it back? 

it is...baffling.  no one has ever said this process is fair though. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I caught sight of the Bat-Signal.

I think Selina is looking confident, happy, and beautiful this year, and as @RazzleberryPie (I think it was you) mentioned she seems to be more front, center, and involved in recent DCC Twitter posts.  I think it is a good sign of her commitment to the team that she is teaching at Camp DCC this summer.

Selina is a classic "Santa Barbara".  That is a provincial Latino slang for a woman who is all Saint on the front side (Madonna face, normal proportions), but crazy business in the back ('barbara' being the feminine form of the adjective for 'barbaro' or barbaric, a slang word for crazy).  One need only look at the featured post of Selina in her Solid Gold Bimini Bikini, to see what I mean.  Girlfriend has that old-fashioned, voluptuous figure a lot of men like.

The problem for any Santa Barbara is that she will put on weight first and most prominently on her bottom, waist, and to some extent thighs.  Selina straddles that fine line between sexy curves and a fuller-figure, I would love to see her make the team again.  So eat healthy Selina!

I want to add in my two cents about Yuko's English.  America's Sweethearts can, do, and have represented a vast diversity of American experiences, and one of those is the immigrant background.  I was born in the U.S., but because my parents did not want me to pick up their accent, I began Kindergarten speaking only Spanish.  And most of us certainly remember a beloved, older relative who - though a naturalized U.S. citizen - never quite spoke English fluently, but rather always inflected with heavy Yiddish, German, French, Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese, Korean, or Spanish accents or influences.  Yuko to me, therefore, represents a different experience of America's Sweethearts.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

latest preview, actually getting snippets of the process so far. 

Hard to believe Tasha made it back with a Panel answer like that. Usually for a vet that's a deal breaker.

And did I actually see someone in Cowboy Blue fall during the kicks across the floor?! Hope it wasn't Kelsey!

• Love 2