Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

OK WAIT gotta know how she kicked Kelli?

It was a joke, hence the statement in parenthesis, lol. Just capitalizing on the fact that I don't think there's much Kelsey could do to get herself cut from camp as a vet.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I love Chantal and am majorly jealous of her hair!

...and her body, her dancing, etc.

I think Chantal is gorgeous!  love her curls... but I was not impressed by her solo.... seemed like she walked around a lot, waved her arms to and fro, and bent down and stood up again with her bootie tooch...  not my idea of dancing....  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

It was a joke, hence the statement in parenthesis, lol. Just capitalizing on the fact that I don't think there's much Kelsey could do to get herself cut from camp as a vet.

Love you as much as @QuiteCalM... who is gone again or it won't let me tag.

Kelsey might have had her dance issues in the past and is she a natural like Holly or Erica, no.

But, she strikes me as such a hard worker and is an asset to the squad in the way she  carries herself. She never shies away from her "50-yd Kelsey" and her personality is  adorable and humble. I love that she tried out 3x (?) and is visibly appreciative of the opportunities being a DCC allows.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

So who will be cut first....  any guesses?

And this year, i hope Kelsey is significantly better at TC than last year... 

I think Christina and Celinda will be early cuts based on what I've seen. They both seem to lack power, I find them boring to watch and we've seen a photo on here where Christina's split didn't look up to DCC standard.

• Love 2
(edited)

@QuiteCalM are you on hiatus? Also @Oranaiche you are my other spirit animal! 

chantal stresses me out, because I was annoyed when she made the team and she wasn't Kyndall! Lol also, she is gorgeous but she surprisingly does not stand out to me at all! She seemed to switch with Amy L in forgettability! 

Also, I am pretty sure one of the DFW queens choreographed Chantal's finals solo! Either that or she went full on Bring it On! (Spirit fingers scene)

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 2

Kash, Bess, Holly and Lacey all have great photos in the Bimini bliss section of the magazine. (Yes I did buy the digital version to see the pictures)

OH AND MADDIE DAMNN GIRL

7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm such a dork... I was like oh my God she kicked Kelli in the face? Hahhha (I was thinking Kelli S) bwahahahahha 

• Love 1
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Here's a few pictures i put on imgur so we could see

Ok Maddie!!! i bet she will never share any on her own SM lol 

Overall i'm liking these pics so much better than previous years...are all the photographers new? Even the make up is better. 

• Love 5

My favorite pictures in the magazine are one of Tess in the white bikini, the one of Holly pictured above, Kelsey's that was pictured above, Robin in the pink striped bikini, Jenna's pic that was a cover contender, Maggie's black top and pink bottoms pic, Cersten in the white bikini, and Stephanie's last picture.

Overall, the pics were great. Agreed that Kashara had some great pictures too.

10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Holly's body is bananas and I thought she was so cute rookie year. Maybe it's just too much eyeliner or the hair or something but her look isn't doing it for me. So many of her pics are a smirk instead of just a pretty smile. Sigh.  She's 19 (20?) going on 40 and it just is a disservice to all of us. Ha!

Especially for someone like me who turns for real 40 on Friday and is flipping out. 

I agree. I think it's the eyeliner. And that "hey look at me" smirk isn't flattering. Just smile; you're cute.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, no.

21 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm just not fan of Maddie's.  She looks like a pre-pubescent boy with boobs.  

She does. She's not "sexy"..she's a cute girl though, but they need not try to push "sexy" on her. It doesn't work.

• Love 3

Kelli!? I know it's the coloring of the swimsuit, but the coloring of the red/orange splash of color could have been in a different location... it's an adorable suit and she's still gorgeous though! 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Holly's body is bananas and I thought she was so cute rookie year. Maybe it's just too much eyeliner or the hair or something but her look isn't doing it for me. So many of her pics are a smirk instead of just a pretty smile. Sigh.  She's 19 (20?) going on 40 and it just is a disservice to all of us. Ha!

Especially for someone like me who turns for real 40 on Friday and is flipping out. 

I agree. I think it's the eyeliner. And that "hey look at me" smirk isn't flattering. Just smile; you're cute.

Haven't you watched ANTM?  She's smizing!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Kelsey might have had her dance issues in the past and is she a natural like Holly or Erica, no.

To be honest, I think it could be argued that she's more of a natural than most.  I mean, most of these women were in dance classes from the time they were toddlers, but I think Kelsey didn't start to take actual classes until something like 3 years ago (or something similarly crazy, I'm sure, though, it's less than 5 years).  Maybe she's not considered to be as good, but she's certainly able to keep up with them.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Java said:

I see where you're coming from, I just think there's a better way to show appreciation. I don't think handing out Barbies is any less tacky or uncomfortable. "hello ladies, Erica was freaking awesome once again. here's her reward for being better than the rest of you, but we're not putting any thought into it, we're just capitalizing on a marketing tie in and handing her an overpriced toy." They could still do the Barbie, and then maybe help the girls out with some type of financial help privately. Or even ask, 'which would you prefer - a donation to a charity of your choice, or..."  Kind of like they do for service awards at businesses.

Like I said though, maybe this needs to move to Unpopular Opinions, lol. 

As a dancer myself who almost auditioned in 2000 but missed my chance, I know how much of a dream come true this is for them even if it's just making it to training camp. I don't think any of these girls do this for the money. The ends justify the means . The barbie is something that is very special to them and you can't put a price tag on what the girls experience, the opportunities, the friendships, etc etc etc. I would have been a DCC for free. 

• Love 4

Kelsey......wow!!! She is SO photogenic!!!! 

Not a huge fan of the pics of Kelli/Holly honestly but they're still better than past years IMO.

Chantal and Jenna's pic (in pic in black bathing suit) are also great IMO. Jenna was always a pretty girl IMO, but I definitely think she's shed the little girl look that she had.

In general, the pics being released now are SO much better than the ones we saw a couple of months ago.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Josreason said:

I doubt Kelsey will get called out much as a Veteran, they don't focus much on the veterans and unless she is just horrid I doubt Judy will call her out and she has to be fat and/or toxic to get cut I think.  Fannah , Chels, and LeGrand style! 

I get Chels and Legrand  but whose Fannah?

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Kelli!? I know it's the coloring of the swimsuit, but the coloring of the red/orange splash of color could have been in a different location... it's an adorable suit and she's still gorgeous though! 

There's some really bad photoshopping going on in the area between both girls legs and to our right of Maddie, and our left of Kelli. Maybe they felt the need to trim some thigh or something, but not necessary for either girl. Also under Maddies left arm (to our right).

They did some major airbrushing on Kelli to make her look younger. I know Kelli said in an interview a few years ago they would airbrushed the pictures to make the girls look better aka smile lines, wrinkles etc. etc.

I am not a fan of Madeline, but she does look good in the one picture. I still think Kelsey made it on looks alone. She is not a stand out dancer to me, but she does work the fan and male appeal. As long as they do not focus on her like they did last season I can tolerate her.

I do think there will be any cuts this week since Kelli and Judy were at the CMT Music Awards this week unless someone has some pictures they are not happy about floating around on their social media pages or did something else to piss Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte off.

I don't think we always know when vets are under the gun in training camp, only if they show it on the show. Last season didn't show Raylee being critiqued or "on the bubble," but when she was cut at auditions this year, some folks here mentioned that she maybe barely made it back last year. I don't have verification for the claims, of course, but that makes more sense to me than her just being cut out of the blue. 

I'd love it if MTT would show some of the rehearsals without Kelli and Judy so we could see more of the vets in action. (I think we've only seen one of these, maybe back in season 3 or 4.) It's probably a nice breather for the rookies to be learning routines so early in camp without K and J watching them "in learning mode." I wonder if @ShellyBis overseeing rehearsals? Or which vets are running them and how that works before they assign groups and leaders? 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They did some major airbrushing on Kelli to make her look younger. I know Kelli said in an interview a few years ago they would airbrushed the pictures to make the girls look better aka smile lines, wrinkles etc. etc.

MAJOR! That and they were a little easy on her makeup. She tends to be a bit heavy handed.

• Love 1

Season 3 they had one scene where former DCC Megan Fox was working with the rookie candidates, and Season 4 Meredith and Kirsten were working with a few of the rookies on their kick line and kicks (of course they had to promote Jay's workout video in the one scene.) I would rather see scenes like those instead of Mentor Melissa scenes. Heck, I would rather see Jay work with the girls instead of Mentor Melissa.

(edited)

This girl who got a Barbie her solo was Choreographic by fomer DCC Sarah , one of my biggest pet peeves about DCC is how exclusive it is , if you want to make the team you have to take classes with former DCC Michelle , Sarah ,Ashton and kitty , you have to wear an outfit from the place they approve ... etc. Sorry for the rant but it's one of things that annoy me that most 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, mmm said:

This girl who got a Barbie her solo was Choreographic by fomer DCC Sarah , one of my biggest pet peeves about DCC is how exclusive it is , if you want to make the team you have to take classes with former DCC Michelle , Sarah ,Ashton and kitty , you have to wear an outfit from the place they approve ... etc. Sorry for the rant but it's one of things that annoy me that most 

No where does it say you have to, but most Candidates do to be recognized and in the know. I don't think there's any stigma around it. The same could be done for any team or sport or job. Work with the people who've been there, go with what's popular. 

There have been girls not in the Dallas dance scene to make the squad as well...

• Love 9

Holly wasn't in Dallas until auditions and she made it, I don't think Megan was in any prep classes and still made it. Same for Heather O, and Maggie.

25 minutes ago, mmm said:

I don't think they HAVE to do anything. I would ask a former DCC for help or to choreograph a solo because they have been a DCC. They've been through auditions, training camp and they've worn the uniform. They know what it takes to make the team. As for auditions, former DCC's also know what type of choreography will catch Kelli and Judy's eye. They also tend to have strong backgrounds in dance and can seemlessly blend choreography together. Why wouldn't someone go to Ashton, Sarah, Brooke, Michelle etc?  They're all brilliant at what they do!

• Love 7
Just now, Ante said:

I don't think they HAVE to do anything. I would ask a former DCC for help or to choreograph a solo because they have been a DCC. They've been through auditions, training camp and they've worn the uniform. They know what it takes to make the team. As for auditions, former DCC's also know what type of choreography will catch Kelli and Judy's eye. They also tend to have strong backgrounds in dance and can seemlessly blend choreography together. Why wouldn't someone go to Ashton, Sarah, Brooke, Michelle etc?  They're all brilliant at what they do!

Heck I would go to Ashton or Michelle just cause I want to meet them. I would be that weird person "I saw you on tv!" and then I would squeal and politely get asked to leave.

• Love 11
(edited)

If you are referring to Megan C, she worked with Melissa, who she knew from way back when. But yes, a number of ladies appear to audition and make the team without a vet hookup or network behind them. Choreography is hard, which is why many candidates, including vets, commission a pro to do it for them or at least help a good deal. It's clear that preparation is key, as with many things in life, so I totally agree that it makes sense that part of preparing for DCC auditions is to study and work with those who know the organization and its expectations well. Yes, it can get expensive, but that's the world of dance--costumes and lessons aren't cheap. Watching MTT to help prepare, on the other hand, is probably one of the lowest cost things a lady can do to help get ready, but that's definitely not enough. 

Erin is a TCU grad and former dancer there, so it makes sense to me that she's already a part of the Texas-DCC network/world. I know that Jordan D and Kelsey Lauren graduated from there. And can I say, Erin has some wow abs?! 

Edited by M1977G
Typos
15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

They must have heard my gripe about tugging on bottoms and whipped out tugging tops pose. Touche.

I can't stop staring at her boobs. #CriesInFlatChest

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 3 they had one scene where former DCC Megan Fox was working with the rookie candidates, and Season 4 Meredith and Kirsten were working with a few of the rookies on their kick line and kicks (of course they had to promote Jay's workout video in the one scene.) I would rather see scenes like those instead of Mentor Melissa scenes. Heck, I would rather see Jay work with the girls instead of Mentor Melissa.

Totally.  No Jay, no Melissa, no body fat dunk tanks.  More dancing!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bk10 said:

LMAO same

1 hour ago, bk10 said:

I think she took my place in line when boobs were allocated.  And you can tell hers are very real.

I don't care if Kelsey can dance.  I just like her attitude and looks.  She can laugh at herself.  Hopefully her bacon will be crispy this year.

• Love 7

I think Kelsey did a great job proving herself this year.  she's shown she can be professional, mature and a great teammate.  Zero drama.  I would not be at all surprised to find out she got all yeses at finals. 

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

Heck I would go to Ashton or Michelle just cause I want to meet them. I would be that weird person "I saw you on tv!" and then I would squeal and politely get asked to leave.

Same. Only I would accost Ashton and ask about her eyelashes and hair.

Actually, I've kind of been tempted to take a Bar class at Nicole Bulcher's new studio to see if I could meet Ashton and Kashara. It's not far at all from where I live.  But then I think, "omg, what if they know I post on that DCC board?!?!" Even though I know they would never know. LOL

Edited by Ante
Added more.
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

No where does it say you have to, but most Candidates do to be recognized and in the know. I don't think there's any stigma around it. The same could be done for any team or sport or job. Work with the people who've been there, go with what's popular. 

There have been girls not in the Dallas dance scene to make the squad as well...

Agreed. I don't think it's out of the ordinary for many competitive job. When I was in law school, some law firms would have socials or cocktail hours over Christmas break or at other times during the year and would invite law school students. It wasn't mandatory to attend. Obviously, if you had the grades, resume, and the personality to stand out in interviews, you could definitely still get a summer associate position, but everyone ww advised to go and get their name and face out ahead of time. It's just the way it works. Now, I could absolutely be wrong, but it seems from some of the posts here, that the Dallas dance scene seems tight (I don't mean small in the number of dancers) so the more you can get your name out there and meet former DCCs, the better IMO. If I were trying out and had the time/ability, I would definitely be at the prep classes.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Girl is in the gym every damn day, she's just building muscle and I think her body type isn't really capable of that long/lean look. I'd kiiiiiill for her body.

I follow her on Instagram, so I know she's rocking an amazing body. I think it's just this pic/pose.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

I think it's just this pic/pose.

Just my opinion, but I think 99% of people look heavier and thicker waisted on a picture like that, where their body is facing straight at the camera.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

I follow her on Instagram, so I know she's rocking an amazing body. I think it's just this pic/pose.

She is big into fitness and supplements it seems.  She looks great!  Why for whatever reason do I think that she had weight warnings or concerns when she first tried out?

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

She is big into fitness and supplements it seems.  She looks great!  Why for whatever reason do I think that she had weight warnings or concerns when she first tried out?

They definitely commented on her weight her rookie season while she was dancing in practice.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DanceChick said:

They definitely commented on her weight her rookie season while she was dancing in practice.

I remember that too, and she turned it around really fast.

• Love 1

Holly definitely had some weight issues her first season, and at times last season looked a little less than firm in the middle to me. She looks tight in that bikini pic though. Pretty much perfect. She's toned but not hard and stringy, which makes her look 100x better than the super lean girls to me. I don't think that unnaturally rock hard look is flattering.

• Love 3