Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

My problem with Yuko is that she is clearly the weakest link on the team. She isn't the best dancer, she isn't the fittest, and she is not the best ambassador. So it looks real crappy to cut three beautifully talented dancers who kept their weight in check and keep her. If it turns out they all bombed their interview, then ok, I will concede. Until then, if they wanted to keep Yuko they should have kept all the vets. 

On the other hand, they do what they want and they don't care. Just another rousing round of politics.

• Love 5
(edited)

My opinion is we only see a tiny fraction of what Judy/Kelli/Shelly etc. and the judges see, so how can we really say she's the weakest link when we only see about 1% (if that) of what goes on during practice? 

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I think there is something we all are missing.  It is not looks, talent or shape for some of these ladies.  Let's face it

There is an elephant (or 2) in the room..:what was deleted last fall.  Yep 

I'm just going to say that as a mostly-lurker, crap like this is annoying. Say it, or don't say it. 

5 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I am mesmerized by Holly and Kelsey's makeup they had done, prior to interviews. ?

Their makeup looks really great! I LOVE Holly...but sometimes her makeup is soooo dark and harsh...it makes her look older than I am. They both look great, here. 

27 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

My problem with Yuko is that she is clearly the weakest link on the team. She isn't the best dancer, she isn't the fittest, and she is not the best ambassador. So it looks real crappy to cut three beautifully talented dancers who kept their weight in check and keep her. If it turns out they all bombed their interview, then ok, I will concede. Until then, if they wanted to keep Yuko they should have kept all the vets. 

On the other hand, they do what they want and they don't care. Just another rousing round of politics.

Plus one. When we hear all of the reasons K&J cut people, Yuko covers them ALL. She seems like she is super sweet, but since when is that a reason to keep a girl on the team? It smells like burned hypocrisy. 

• Love 8

The same way we can agree who is awesome and who just blends. Just like we decided that Kelsey couldn't dance because they only showed us clips of her "struggling". They've managed to find good footage of not-that-great dancers and bad footage of good dancers. There are many girls we don't really see but we all have our opinions. Maybe Yuko is actually awesome but the very few clips of her dancing we could find are mediocre at best and last year on mtt they told us how powerful she is and yet they wouldn't even show her from time to time. Maybe we are wrong and she is awesome, but if we accept that what we see on the show and on social media is a good indicator of the other girls' ability, why would Yuko be an exception?

kinda random but I need to see Maggie's solo! Hopefully we'll see some of it on mtt!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Power and protection, the best way to make it to finals without a bun in the oven.

(Sorry, I know I'm a few pages behind, but I couldn't help noticing you're still in the Chardonnay. ❤️)

OMG you wordsmith you. 

Always with the Chardonnay! 

8 minutes ago, Willow said:

I'm just going to say that as a mostly-lurker, crap like this is annoying. Say it, or don't say it. 

Their makeup looks really great! I LOVE Holly...but sometimes her makeup is soooo dark and harsh...it makes her look older than I am. They both look great, here. 

Plus one. When we hear all of the reasons K&J cut people, Yuko covers them ALL. She seems like she is super sweet, but since when is that a reason to keep a girl on the team? It smells like burned hypocrisy. 

Uhm, with comments like this, methinks you need to lurk less and comment more. I'm jumping up and down on the "like" button! 

Ita about Holly's look. I feel like they make her look so heavy and old. I love that they used mauves and brightening contouring on her. So pretty! 

I can't possibly improve on your Yuko breakdown, so I'll just give you a slow clap and wipe a tear from my eye over here in the wings. 

• Love 4

I would love to know what is on the written tests! I'm sure they're similar to past interview questions we've heard on the show, but I have so many questions!!!

Like how long does it take? Is it timed? Is it only football questions? I wonder if my husband could pass!? 

• Love 3

That test and my love for pizza is why I will never be a DCC. 

Well that and the fact that I haven't danced since 2006 and I am way too lazy to fix my hair and makeup everyday.

So there are lots of reasons. High five to the new TCC's who have now become even more high maintenance.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

That test and my love for pizza is why I will never be a DCC. 

Well that and the fact that I haven't danced since 2006 and I am way too lazy to fix my hair and makeup everyday.

So there are lots of reasons. High five to the new TCC's who have now become even more high maintenance.

oh gosh, speaking on pizza, did anyone see TCC Lauren's IG stories yesterday? i guess she was hard core dieting for a month and last night treated herself to Little Caesar's and then had a pic of empty pizza box LOL annnnd then training with Sharrif first thing this morning hahaha 

that would so be me...

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's a sample of the questions I found while googling...obviously this is old but still

1. Where will the Cowboys play their final home game this season?

2. Where will the Cowboys hold their 2009 summer training camp?

3. Name the Cowboys legend who served as head coach for the team's first 29 years.

4. What year was the Cowboys' first season in the NFL?

5. How many stars are on the Cowboys Cheerleaders' uniform?

6. Who is commissioner of the National Football League?

7. How many yards are in an NFL end zone?

8. Name one country that borders Iraq.

Edited by heatherrrrz
(edited)

Did Jessika make her hair even more blonde?

Also, SIMONE POINT YOUR TOESSSSS

Edited by heatherrrrz
8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Here's a sample of the questions I found while googling...obviously this is old but still

1. Where will the Cowboys play their final home game this season?

2. Where will the Cowboys hold their 2009 summer training camp?

3. Name the Cowboys legend who served as head coach for the team's first 29 years.

4. What year was the Cowboys' first season in the NFL?

5. How many stars are on the Cowboys Cheerleaders' uniform?

6. Who is commissioner of the National Football League?

7. How many yards are in an NFL end zone?

8. Name one country that borders Iraq.

OMG that's not so hard!! WELP, this is a solid sign from the flying Spaghetti monster that I need to find a flattering leotard, practice my hitch kicks a la love boat, and head on down to Dallas to chase m'dreams. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

oh gosh, speaking on pizza, did anyone see TCC Lauren's IG stories yesterday? i guess she was hard core dieting for a month and last night treated herself to Little Caesar's and then had a pic of empty pizza box LOL annnnd then training with Sharrif first thing this morning hahaha 

that would so be me...

EXCEPT MY ABS HAVE NEVER LOOKED LIKE THIS EVER

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/05/15/dcc-auditions-solo-performances-finals#422121 (pic 72 of 74 if link doesn't go right to it...) HOT DANG!!!!

• Love 2
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

JFC her abs are insane. I thought Kelli's were good, hers might be better danggg

Right? Hello, Sharrif? Where do I sign up???! 

He must be an incredible trainer, i feel like half the girls work with him...AND he waited outside the stadium all night after finals. DEDICATION. 

• Love 3

Jinelle looks like a peacock, That color red looks Ah MAZE ING on Robin, Photo number 4 is just a bad shot... Lots of photos of the ladies bits and pieces. I get kicks are a big part of dance but maybe there could be a different angle. However, when these ladies are old they have proof of how rocking hot they were. 

the abs on this girl... Almost makes me want to put down my pizza.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/05/15/dcc-auditions-solo-performances-finals#422121

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Right? Hello, Sharrif? Where do I sign up???! 

He must be an incredible trainer, i feel like half the girls work with him...AND he waited outside the stadium all night after finals. DEDICATION. 

Is that Holly's trainer too? I know she changed trainers this year.

(edited)
On 5/14/2017 at 7:19 AM, Sandiedog said:

The first one is starting off on the wrong foot, "ready to party, Wtf I'm living my life, Yada, Yada,....." Does she not know she just entered boot camp.?

I know this girl. She is an incredible dancer and is definitely not a partier. She went to high school for dance and this is her dream, so yes she is living her dream. She most definitely is not stupid and happened to have gone to that concert a few weeks back. She is a class act all the way and definitely has DCC style and grace. She is taking this very seriously and is dedicated to her art, dance.

Here is a photo of Bri dancing her solo...you can hopefully tell from this photo that she does take it seriously. Please be kind;)

bri.jpg

Edited by Rosiemac
add photo
  • Love 4

I kind of like Jinelle's costume...I feel like she so often goes with red or orange this is a nice change. 

Khalyn's looks so sassy!! what a departure from pointe last year! good for her for shaking it up. 

Kelli's bull fighting one (?) looks fun. 

The girl in #13 - wow! nice leap!!  Same with Cristi...dang dude! 

Who is this? Obsessed with her costume! (#28)

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/05/15/dcc-auditions-solo-performances-finals#421901

The Heathers have the cutest expressions - they always look like they are just so into whatever performance is up :) 

• Love 1
(edited)

As sweet as I think Yuko is, but what confuses me about her is (and this is based on memory as I haven't watched last season since it was shown last year so correct me if I am wrong) but it seems that Kelly thinks Yuko has "a spark" that could be brought to the squad and got Jinelle and Melissa Rycroft to help her settle in at one point last year. I mean Jinelle seems to "love" her at that time and maybe thats why they love Yuko. I dont understand what that quality was maybe Kelly needed to explain that further tbh.

But there is something about Yuko, that I cant place my finger on that gets me confused on why shes on the team, besides her dancing. It seems some staff mocks her at times to me.

What I find surprising is her struggling or got her visa application wrong. I mean she does have one of her best friend from Japan who (at the start of training camp last year) has been in the USA a whole year and that friend could have told her what type of visa she needed to try out as a cheerleader. (If I remember correctly from Yuko's twitter is that friend of hers is a Vikings Cheerleader and is currently in her second year - going on 3rd year - as a Viking Cheerleader. So I just never got why she didn't ask her friend even she didn't speak/understand English fully at that time she could have asked her friend and spoke in Japanese to her friend about it etc).

Thats my opinion. I might be wrong on it.

Edited by Dcc fan
(edited)

Not to pick on you, @LaurenBrook, but with all the Yuko talk this year, I came across a post of yours from last year:

"This girl from Japan is super cute! I hope she is featured on MTT!"

I think she's kinda been featured :) :) :)

Edited by ByTor
Just now, ByTor said:

Not to pick on you, @LaurenBrook, but with all the Yuko talk this year, I came across a post of yours from last year:

This girl from Japan is super cute! I hope she is featured on MTT! 

I think she's kinda been featured :) :) :)

haha! Sorry Yuko! didn't mean to curse you, girl ;-D 

I still think she is super cute too :) If I lived in Dallas I would force my friendship on her - help her with English and politics.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I still think she is super cute too

I really doubt she'll ever be accused of having RBF, she always looks so happy!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

That child is gonna be juuuust fine next year. I cannot wait to see her come back and own it. She should train with Holly and Madeline. So should vic. Power and protection, baby. 

I think she looked just great.  Agree she needs to train with Holly and Madeline and will kill it next year.  She's a real cutie pie!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG that's not so hard!! WELP, this is a solid sign from the flying Spaghetti monster that I need to find a flattering leotard, practice my hitch kicks a la love boat, and head on down to Dallas to chase m'dreams. 

Please don't mention the Flying Spaghetti Monster and hitch kicks in the same sentence. It's against my religion and I'm feeling very triggered.

• Love 4

I'd love to see some of Bess's solo, and of course the ladies we think got cut. But I'm pretty sure it was a picture of Bess in her red outfit and ponytail that I saw on Twitter where she was doing a floor maneuver and everyone looked totally captivated. Erica's mouth was like, "Oooo," and others you could tell were dropping their jaws like they'd all seen something incredible. I'm impressed when Erica is impressed with somebody's moves! (I recall this was a post where they of course didn't tag or give names, but after seeing more solo pics of everyone's costume, I'm pretty sure it was Bess.) I think she's kind of flown under the radar in that she's not shown dancing that much. But she's always got such clean lines in her dance photos, is very articulate and pretty, has an amazing figure, and is one of the more mature DCC. I'd love to see her be a second leader this year (along with Robin and Kashara, and I'm predicting Holly). I like Stephanie for the job, too. I know, I just named five ladies when there are only four slots. But whatevs, I like them all!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'd love to see some of Bess's solo, and of course the ladies we think got cut. But I'm pretty sure it was a picture of Bess in her red outfit and ponytail that I saw on Twitter where she was doing a floor maneuver and everyone looked totally captivated. Erica's mouth was like, "Oooo," and others you could tell were dropping their jaws like they'd all seen something incredible. I'm impressed when Erica is impressed with somebody's moves! (I recall this was a post where they of course didn't tag or give names, but after seeing more solo pics of everyone's costume, I'm pretty sure it was Bess.) I think she's kind of flown under the radar in that she's not shown dancing that much. But she's always got such clean lines in her dance photos, is very articulate and pretty, has an amazing figure, and is one of the more mature DCC. I'd love to see her be a second leader this year (along with Robin and Kashara, and I'm predicting Holly). I like Stephanie for the job, too. I know, I just named five ladies when there are only four slots. But whatevs, I like them all!

Me too, because I literally can't even remember that Bess is a DCC. She stands out to me in no way at all. She's a pretty girl, but there are a handful that just do NOT reach through the screen or social channels to show any personality, spark or presence at all. She's one of them for me.  

(edited)
8 minutes ago, SignorinaMia said:

Sorry to ask a question that has already been discussed but I'm confused...

Allie, Heather H, and Raylee were cut? Because they went out to a concert after a cut night?

All speculation and insider information points to yes, they were cut. And on this forum insider information is usually pretty accurate so I don't have any doubts about the cut vets personally. I don't think it's that surprising that Allie and Heather H went to a concert though. If anything it would be a good distraction, and they should hardly stop living their lives and cancel plans because of their cuts.

Edited by Oranaiche
On 5/14/2017 at 0:14 AM, flightlevel said:

This is a really attractive set of newcomers this year.  Heather and Allie didn't get outdanced. They are both pretty girls but there are some real glamour girls this year after a spot on the team.

Agreed. Like I said way upstream...its all about K and J having to balance the team and not just with dance skills, and hair color but also beauty and other talents.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:20 AM, SanLynn said:

I'm always sad when vets don't make it back but I'm surprised Heather H made it last year so hers doesn't really phase me.  Her dancing was great but she was such a mouse personality wise in my opinion that I could see her getting cut for off 

Im so glad im not the only Heather H critic. I never really understood why she made it. So her cut didnt phase me but neither did Alli being cut. 

On 5/14/2017 at 6:27 AM, autumdusk said:

Called the Allie cut - do you guys remember Kelli's face when she saw for the first time during uniform fittings? The way she said 'square' was practically acidic. Tbh the only thing I'm surprised about is that it took Kelli a whole year the rip the uniform off her. 

I'm still speechless over the Raylee cut - she was shaping up to be one of their long-term glamazons. Like people have posted before, Heather and Allie just may not have fit into this year's look of high glam bombshell? Who knows - I'm super curious to see what happened. 

I AGREE. I must say this...to your comment about glamour girls. If they were cut for looks then K and J forgot a few cuts....sorry... IMO Maddie, Heather O, Selina and Holly isnt what I call glamorous she is just cute. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think they'll address the three cut vets at all. Probably will be skimmed over.

That's what I was thinking - don't they usually just show the vets crying after TCC are called and that's the end of it? I know there are some exceptions where they'll address a concern they have with a vet's weight during the finals but generally it seems like they just disappear into oblivion. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

That's what I was thinking - don't they usually just show the vets crying after TCC are called and that's the end of it? I know there are some exceptions where they'll address a concern they have with a vet's weight during the finals but generally it seems like they just disappear into oblivion. 

Usually they touch on vets who get cut during the judging discussions, but its often times pretty brief. 

As for Yuko, do we have many videos of her last season where she is dancing the DCC choreo? It seems like we have several videos from prep classes, which are not impressive, but it would be nice to actually see her in the typical choreography. Whose group was she in last season?

So, I rarely post but I've been around since the TWOP days. I've followed the DCC since Loni's year. I don't know why I decided to start posting but here I go. I'll probably get skewered for this but I actually saw Yuko live and in person at a game. She didn't stick out dancing and looked very "DCC" in person.

That said, in my opinion, the language barrier is a strike against her but it's not like she's being sent out on ambassador jobs where she has to hold lengthy conversations with others.

At the end of the day, the DCC are about dancing at football games and entertaining the masses. Yuko does that decently enough. 

• Love 13
Guest djd123
48 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Usually they touch on vets who get cut during the judging discussions, but its often times pretty brief. 

As for Yuko, do we have many videos of her last season where she is dancing the DCC choreo? It seems like we have several videos from prep classes, which are not impressive, but it would be nice to actually see her in the typical choreography. Whose group was she in last season?

She was in Jenna's group. Yuko can be seen dancing DCC style here behind Jenna. She makes a few mistakes but overall sells it IMO.

11 minutes ago, Ante said:

So, I rarely post but I've been around since the TWOP days. I've followed the DCC since Loni's year. I don't know why I decided to start posting but here I go. I'll probably get skewered for this but I actually saw Yuko live and in person at a game. She didn't stick out dancing and looked very "DCC" in person.

That said, in my opinion, the language barrier is a strike against her but it's not like she's being sent out on ambassador jobs where she has to hold lengthy conversations with others.

At the end of the day, the DCC are about dancing at football games and entertaining the masses. Yuko does that decently enough. 

We need more info like this. Because her social media presence has been so limited, we don't have much info to help us form an opinion. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, djd123 said:

She was in Jenna's group. Yuko can be seen dancing DCC style here behind Jenna. She makes a few mistakes but overall sells it IMO.

She looks lost and a whole lot less powerful than the other girls.

Does Yuko have a clue that a lot of people are bewildered by her being chosen for DCC?

• Love 3