Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So confused. Maybe the count is just the count, but what does the total mean?

That's what I'm saying, the points are in descending order so that's where the order comes from. I'm just wondering how "points" are configured. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thanks for posting. Guess this answers the question about who did the choreography. I hate to say it but Kelly doesn't look strong here. I'm rooting for her but I hope she dances better tomorrow and has a strong solo.

Edited by Oranaiche

Even for my 60-ish year old self, I must say the interview dresses so far are very tasteful and "lady" like.  I'm too old to be a fan of those cut out shoulders for girls over 12, but that's just my age.  I do understand fashion and that teens want to fit in.  I wonder if dresses like that are "allowed" in an office setting.  I remember in the law office I worked in all females had to wear hose and regular shoes (we would wear our heels and then when we got to our desk put on our ballerina type slippers).

But those were the days of making sure your boss's pencils were sharpened and coffee was on his desk and his cleaning was picked up.  I think that is considered harassment nowadays?

• Love 3

I wonder what would happen if a returning vet happened to be incredibly ill or suffer an unfortunate event preventing her attendance at finals... surely it has happened in the past at least once? 

Say for instance that a vet came down with terrible food poisoning and was in hospital the day of finals. Would she be at least offered a spot in TC, or given a special audience to perform her solo and finals combo? 

Silly hypothetical situation really - and probably a case-by-case thing that the organisation would consider - but surely common sense would prevail and goodwill extended in that situation. I can't help wondering about it!

17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Even for my 60-ish year old self, I must say the interview dresses so far are very tasteful and "lady" like.  I'm too old to be a fan of those cut out shoulders for girls over 12, but that's just my age.  I do understand fashion and that teens want to fit in.  I wonder if dresses like that are "allowed" in an office setting.  I remember in the law office I worked in all females had to wear hose and regular shoes (we would wear our heels and then when we got to our desk put on our ballerina type slippers).

But those were the days of making sure your boss's pencils were sharpened and coffee was on his desk and his cleaning was picked up.  I think that is considered harassment nowadays?

I'm 48 and I have similar feelings about cut out shoulders. I don't think there's anything necessarily "bad" about them, just have never been a fan. The rest of it looks fine. The look for DCC interviews seems to have shifted from business attire to trendier clothes. 

I had to smile about your office comments. My first job out of college in 1992 was for a female executive. She was very powerful. She said part of my job was to buy and make coffee for her and the senior execs. I don't drink coffee nor did I even know how to make it but believe me I learned. One of our top sales execs (a male) heard about this and told her "That young lady doesn't even drink coffee so she shouldn't have to make it." That ended that! He was my hero from that day on. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I wonder what would happen if a returning vet happened to be incredibly ill or suffer an unfortunate event preventing her attendance at finals... surely it has happened in the past at least once? 

Say for instance that a vet came down with terrible food poisoning and was in hospital the day of finals. Would she be at least offered a spot in TC, or given a special audience to perform her solo and finals combo? 

Silly hypothetical situation really - and probably a case-by-case thing that the organisation would consider - but surely common sense would prevail and goodwill extended in that situation. I can't help wondering about it!

I've often won the same thing, a monthly mishap, cramps from hell, explosive diarrhea, etc. 

• Love 1

aw those girls all look pretty good in that clip! i so hope Kelly does well today and makes it to TC again...I'd love to see how much she has grown and matured in the last few years, esp cheering on another pro team.  She was adorable before just so out of her element.  I can't get over how stunning she is. 

I hope JennK sticks around this year to help with DCC choreo if nothing else.  she's great! 

• Love 5

From the list: 

11 hours ago, djd123 said:

Kelsey looks so good there! Love that color. I really hope she did well. #TeamKelsey

Here's the best shot I got of the list:

Snip20170512_1.png

Chantel

Erica

Jenna

Lacey

Cersten

Kyndall

Jessica

Kelsey

Maggie

Kashara

Heather

Bethany

Elizabeth

Madeline

Jinelle 

Stephanie

Mandy

Jessika

Jennifer

Milan

Simone

Jaclyn

Amy Trader (blurry last name)

Yuko

Megan

Tess

Robyn

Selina

Danielle

Claire

Allie

Emily Roslyn

Amy (can't tell if this is L or Simone)

Tasha

Holly

Melissa

Raylee

Sheridan

Brennan

Celinda

Kelli

Whitney

Lindsay

Jackie, the other Amy, and the other Heather aren't on this list.  Maybe a page 2?

DCC Insta and Dallas Cowboys snapchat have a story going. The snapchat pans over the finalists and you can sort of see who is wearing what 

Amy L is in a military style outfit

Holly is wearing cream 

Milan is also wearing cream, but it looks like she's covering her stomach.......

Cristi and Rachel... also, one of the other girl's (I think she's and ice angel) car was broken into yesterday. Her laptop, Mac makeup and a bunch of other stuff was stolen. That's a lot of extra stress?

IMG_3568.PNG

5 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

Cristi and Rachel... also, one of the other girl's (I think she's and ice angel) car was broken into yesterday. Her laptop, Mac makeup and a bunch of other stuff was stolen. That's a lot of extra stress?

IMG_3568.PNG

omg i was watching her vids...how terrible!!! i'd be a wreck for sure...is that Ally Cheatham doing the 'narrating' ? lol if so, she cracks me up...and good for her for trying to help keep Cristi calm. 

11 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Can you tell who is going first?

it almost looks like erica?? but surely they wouldn't have her go first two years in a row? 

SOO nervous for Brittney now...she is right after Holly P. AUGHHHH 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

omg i was watching her vids...how terrible!!! i'd be a wreck for sure...is that Ally Cheatham doing the 'narrating' ? lol if so, she cracks me up...and good for her for trying to help keep Cristi calm. 

Uhm so I don't want to sound shallow but how the hell Cristi was miss michigan? But I like the girl on her insta story, seems really cute and nice.

1 hour ago, Josreason said:

From the list: 

Chantel

Erica

Jenna

Lacey

Cersten

Kyndall

Jessica

Kelsey

Maggie

Kashara

Heather

Bethany

Elizabeth

Madeline

Jinelle 

Stephanie

Mandy

Jessika

Jennifer

Milan

Simone

Jaclyn

Amy Trader (blurry last name)

Yuko

Megan

Tess

Robyn

Selina

Danielle

Claire

Allie

Emily Roslyn

Amy (can't tell if this is L or Simone)

Tasha

Holly

Melissa

Raylee

Sheridan

Brennan

Celinda

Kelli

Whitney

Lindsay

Jackie, the other Amy, and the other Heather aren't on this list.  Maybe a page 2?

Honestly, Holly being towards the bottom and Chantal being at the top are the only really surprising rankings IMO. Wasn't it said on this board last year that Melissa was the last one called into training camp and may have been dealing with some weight issues at the time. If true, not terribly shocking that she would have scored low (I would imagine that may also be why Megan was a bit lower). Holly is really the one I don't get, but may be she bombed the test or had a bad interview or something non-dance related. I think Justine was super low one year as well, which was surprising but it happens. Erica, Jenna, Lacey, and Cersten being towards the top makes sense as those are some of the best dancers on the team and tend to do well at tryouts. Kelli has often touted Lacey and Erica at tryouts, and Jenna got all yes's a couple of years ago when they showed it in a extra clip on the show (when Erica/Lacey etc were rookies I believe). I have never heard that Chantal particularly stands out, but perhaps she was just amazing last year. 

(edited)

Jessika's solo was not impressive IMO. I will say though that its hard to get a good sense of how good the solos typically since we only get usually get the best snippets of them. 

I did think the first solo posted was pretty good however - miles better than Jessika. 

Edited by Jess14
(edited)

Jessika um girl no! 

Who was the other soloist? 

Tess and another girl's solos (couldn't tell who she had on a top hat!) are on the Insta story! 

IMG_3460.PNG

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, Holly being towards the bottom and Chantal being at the top are the only really surprising rankings IMO. Wasn't it said on this board last year that Melissa was the last one called into training camp and may have been dealing with some weight issues at the time. If true, not terribly shocking that she would have scored low (I would imagine that may also be why Megan was a bit lower). Holly is really the one I don't get, but may be she bombed the test or had a bad interview or something non-dance related. I think Justine was super low one year as well, which was surprising but it happens. Erica, Jenna, Lacey, and Cersten being towards the top makes sense as those are some of the best dancers on the team and tend to do well at tryouts. Kelli has often touted Lacey and Erica at tryouts, and Jenna got all yes's a couple of years ago when they showed it in a extra clip on the show (when Erica/Lacey etc were rookies I believe). I have never heard that Chantal particularly stands out, but perhaps she was just amazing last year. 

I think this is the list of girls when they went in for their interviews. I have a hard time believing girls who were cut in TC outranking some of the vets. I think @ShellyB did say something about the list in one of the threads, but I cannot find her post.

16 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow, I'm shocked Jessika would do something that bad -- and she looks super out of shape!

That....that was Jessika? So a vet thought that this combination is good? It's not just the choreo itself, she didn't even complete her moves. I thought it was one of the new candidates.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That....that was Jessika? So a vet thought that this combination is good? It's not just the choreo itself, she didn't even complete her moves. I thought it was one of the new candidates.

And it wasn't on beat to the music. Felt very rushed. 

• Love 1

Oh Jessika..No. The costume didn't match the song, the solo was bad. Agree, she looks out of shape. It's a shame bc I like her. She has a 1,000 watt smile. Do these girls not have people proof their solos?

Waiting, praying for my girl Kelsey. Although I do think she's in a better position than last year. How much did they feature her for the swimsuit shoot? I'm a fan. She's not a dancer like Holly but she can dance and is overloaded with poise and humor. And I said it before, she brings Dallas glamour. The team needs it. Lot's of pretty, some beautiful, not much glamour, esp with Mandy leaving. 

(I'm a rare poster, as in only around now, sorry. I just had to express my disappointment at Jessikas solo and give a fingers crossed for Kelsey. Thanks)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Nelliephant said:

I'm surprised that they posted Jessika's to their official twitter, you would think they would want to keep a not so great solo off their social media.

Well when (and if at this point) announce Jessika's cut at least they will have proof she came unprepared.

Chantel was really good!

I don't want to be mean, but I don't like any of the solos so far. They look like amateurs. The first one was the closest to being good 

• Love 4