Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Seth Meyers Interview Trump Presidential Campaign Manager Kellyanne Conway About The Report That Trump Has Been Compromised By Russian Operatives

The whole time watching that video I couldn't help but think Kellyanne was prepped for that interview by Nick Wilde. Answer the question with your own question.

This is brilliant and so absolutely true.

I just wish we lived in a world with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps and not... this.

• Love 1

I've become such a big fan of Seth's in the last year or so. He may have started in the same place as Jimmy Fallon, but he's turned into the anti-Fallon (intelligent, sincere and gutsy, rather than being an inane insincere suckup, like Fallon).

• Love 9

I thought, given the circumstances, Seth did a great job.  I think it's probably good it didn't go longer, since you could hear his frustration creeping in during their last exchange (completely understandable, and I may have whooped audibly when he said "I didn't say that, HE said that"), but I thought he did a much better job than a lot of reporters have done by calling her on her lies and spin immediately, and presenting her with the actual facts, as well as making sure she didn't try and go off on tangents. 

The only thing I disagreed/have a minor quibble with him is on two things. The minor quibble, when she kept saying that she'd never seen such disrespect for the President-Elect and the office of President, I wish he would've brought up how disrespectful both the GOP and Trump have been towards President Obama.  And the disagreement is that I would not like to see her back; if there was a substantive conversation, I might change my mind, but 15 minutes of her trying to spin and him presenting her with facts that she ignores is not enjoyable tv for me. 

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 5

I don't know how Seth didn't just lose it.  I had two rebuttals off the top of my head for her, first when she talked about caring about the Vets waiting in line for medical care, I would have said, wow didn't seem he really cared about vets when he degraded John McCain's service because he was a POW and in extension any other POW's.  And when she talked about his he will be a president for all the people, Yes, his tweet on New Years wishing his enemies and those who lost bigly a Happy New Year.  Yeah bringing the country together. 

I hope he never has her on again.

• Love 4

It amazes me that she continues to agree to go on these shows and make a complete fool of herself. 

They say they want to move on and MAGA, but all they do, every time someone brings up something they don't like, is talk about HRC & WIsconsin & losers and enemies. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They say they want to move on and MAGA, but all they do, every time someone brings up something they don't like, is talk about HRC & WIsconsin & losers and enemies. 

This is why I don't think I'll bother watching another of her interviews.  She never really says anything of substance, she merely deflects and pivots to her own talking points.  She ignores whatever point or question the interviewer is trying to make. She never actually responds with a reason or explanation or clarification.  I do admire the skill it takes to do this and make it look like they are responding and not get flustered or lose their place.  But I'm tired of it because there's really nothing there.

• Love 3

It amazes me that she continues to agree to go on these shows and make a complete fool of herself. 

LOL

This is probably the first Kellyanne interview I've made it through in a very, very long time.

I never really liked Seth Meyers that much, for whatever reason, and basically wrote him off once he moved to Late Night. Always found him a little off-putting and smarmy on SNL. Of course, now that he's in late night he's easily the least smarmy compared to the Jimmys/James.

But he's been great covering the election and our new presidential hellscape. I can basically only watch him and Samantha Bee anymore. I'm going to hope in vain that actual news anchors watched this and take some tips. It's so frustrating to watch Kellyanne and the various marionettes come on TV, pivot to their nonsensical word salad, and these professional seasoned journalists have no luck bringing them back to the point and calling them out on their outright lies. Seth's probably in a unique position to pull this off with a gentle charm while still being incisive, being that he's hosting a late night show and not some 24 hour news segment, but still, what a breath of fresh air.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

But he's been great covering the election and our new presidential hellscape. I can basically only watch him and Samantha Bee anymore.

Not to change the subject, but after the way she legitimized Glenn Beck in that last episode of 2016, I'm not sure I can stand continuing to watch her either! My skin was crawling.

6 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I thought, given the circumstances, Seth did a great job.  I think it's probably good it didn't go longer, since you could hear his frustration creeping in during their last exchange (completely understandable, and I may have whooped audibly when he said "I didn't say that, HE said that"), but I thought he did a much better job than a lot of reporters have done by calling her on her lies and spin immediately, and presenting her with the actual facts, as well as making sure she didn't try and go off on tangents. 

The only thing I disagreed/have a minor quibble with him is on two things. The minor quibble, when she kept saying that she'd never seen such disrespect for the President-Elect and the office of President, I wish he would've brought up how disrespectful both the GOP and Trump have been towards President Obama.  And the disagreement is that I would not like to see her back; if there was a substantive conversation, I might change my mind, but 15 minutes of her trying to spin and him presenting her with facts that she ignores is not enjoyable tv for me. 

I didn't get a chance to watch the interview, afraid I would just spend the whole time yelling at the screen, but did Seth respond to her complaint about the "disrespect" to the President-Elect by pointing out he is bringing it upon himself with the words coming out of his mouth and on twitter?  How can she expect anyone to react differently when the President-Elect insists on getting into twitter wars with celebrities?  And advocates violence against people exercising their 1st Amendment rights?  Honestly, it seems like the only way she is coping with her job is just flat-out ignoring the stuff coming from her own boss.

6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The thing is, she doesn't make a fool of herself. I mean, she does to people who don't like Trump, but his supporters love that she can talk her way out of anything and never flinches when she's lying.

I wish when she talked about disrespect Seth had reminded her about the vicious birther lies that Trump's political career is based on. Talk about disrespect.

I have always adored Seth but never more than I do now. Such a smart and funny man and he is bringing it with Trump.

• Love 6
On 11/01/2017 at 9:46 PM, lovinbob said:

I have always adored Seth but never more than I do now. Such a smart and funny man and he is bringing it with Trump.

He was awesome. What's most impressive to me it's that he never loses track of her bullshit. I mean, I get lost at time, trying to remember what was the question that brought the pile of garbage coming out of her mouth and all the shifts of conversation to get back to her talking points and catch phrases but Seth never lost it and kept his facts straights and checked hers, reminded us of the (unanswered) questions. Damn, that was really a thing of beauty and he putted to shame every real politic interviewer out there. 

I have to say, I hate that woman, with all my heart and I truly hope that there's a special place in Hell for her (I'm an atheist but sometimes, it's comforting to me to hope that Hell exists and all those assholes will rot in it) but I got to give it to her, she's resilient and she did a remarkable job marketing this piece of shit to get him elected. She was given the worst material ever and turned it to gold(en showers). Truly remarkable. I hope one day, after she suffers of an horrible life comparable to the ones she just gave to America and the World, she writes a tell all, a real and candid one. I'll download it freely on the internet because I won't give her cent but I'm really curious to know how it was to be a smart woman inside that trainwreck of an entourage.

• Love 3