Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Where Are the Giggles?

Thank you Jessica for not moving over in the movie theater. As someone who used to arrive early (no longer needed with the reserved seating), it is so annoying when people come last minute and expect you to move.  It is not my fault that you can't plan ahead or my schedule is more conducive to arriving early.  I know I sound harsh but this has happened to me too many times for me not to feel bitter about it.

• Love 21

The scene where Jessica shows up at the party as Lao Ban Santa and the children all scream and cry was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. I knew it was coming but the acting and editing back and forth between the children really was perfect.

I loved Jessica for not moving at the theatre. They didn't just want the family to slide over one spot or something, but to totally give up the two middle seats in the aisle. Garbage. If the seats aren't reserved, show up early if you really feel strongly about where you sit.

• Love 7

I never knew I wanted to see a holiday mash up of Home Alone, Jingle All the Way, and A Christmas Carol, but it turns out I did! Plus with a terrifying cameo by Lao Ban Santa! All in all, holiday fun for everyone. 

Oh Tickle me Elmo! Memories!

The Kwanzaa book Eddie got reminded me of Kwanzaa bot from Futurama and his "What the Hell is Kwanzaa?" books. 

• Love 6

I loved Louis and Marvin's Chili Boy PJs - too fun.

You knew Lao Ban Santa was going to be a wonderful disaster.  She's definitely a Santa tailor-made for Evan.  I cracked up at Jessica insisting it wasn't her fault the kids were racist and sexist.

Grandma Ghost was awesome.  "You speak English?"  "Do you dream in Mandarin?" 

My favorite part was Louis's "..." reaction to Evan telling Jessica, "Hugs are for mommies who remember their babies."  Ouch!

• Love 6

I love the relationship that Evan and Jessica have. Evan doesn't want toys, but he knows that his mom giving him toys makes her happy, so that makes him happy. And he picked the hardest toy for her to get because he knows she loves a challenge.

• Love 6

Loved this episode so much! I have been watching a bunch of mid season finales and this episode is heads and shoulders above the rest! Sooooo much fun!

I was waiting for Evan to be the third ghost and cracked up when it was Grandma! Speaking English! 

Love Evan and Jessica's relationship. 

"You're my favourite"

"I know"

Heeee! 

I don't move seats in the cinema either (although they allocate seats now)! 

• Love 4

Great episode, but Marvin's a dentist with malpractice insurance.  No way he wouldn't know that a claim, much less a payout, increases your rates.

What would have been appropriate would have been for Louis to offer to reimburse Marvin for any medical expenses or drugs not covered by the latter's medical insurance. The injury was the result of their asking him to check on Evan.  It's a good thing the injury happened right before Christmas, or Marvin would be losing income, also, as I assume he couldn't perform his job properly while in significant pain/under the influence of muscle relaxants.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:27 AM, Mellowyellow said:

I was waiting for Evan to be the third ghost and cracked up when it was Grandma! Speaking English! 

I was trying to think how Evan was going to work as Ghost Yet to Come, but Grandma was a "Ohhhh.... that makes more sense!" selection.

On 12/15/2016 at 3:25 AM, paulvdb said:

And there are people who collect vintage toys in unopened original packaging so he's got a valuable toy collection that could make him some money if he decides to sell them now.

Jessica would be especially thrilled by that angle!

• Love 1