Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Tastes Like Trouble

• Start Topic

I think people are missing something interesting about this Kenya/Matt situation, because I haven't heard anyone mention it. At the beginning of the show she clearly says she asked Matt to come back from California because she is missing them as a couple. During her unconvincing crying jag on the phone with Cynthia, she says that Matt came to the house about 2 a.m. from California drunk and she didn't want to let him into the house and that is why he kicked the window. 

He came across the country at her request, arrived at a time that is reasonable if he took an evening flight, yet she determined he was drunk and leaves him out side saying they hadn't talked. And yet the next day she's crying on everybody's shoulder about the failing relationship and repeatedly calling him childish. Anyway Matt calls (she doesn't have any apprehension over taking his calls), apologizes for his behavior and asks to come over and we get that nice manipulative and fundamentally deceptive accusation. 

Matt shouldn't be breaking windows, but the way she described the events of that night is consistent with the sterile way she paints situations she has been messy in. 

• Love 5

Most flights from LAX to ATL arrive at ATL around 6 am if it's a red eye. It's possible he got a flight that landed around midnight or 1 am, but if he's drunk and driving from the airport to her house, that's a long haul to be driving drunk. It's likely Matt got in earlier, got drunk and came over when it suited him. 

I know women who stay in abusive relationships until they wind up in the hospital or the morgue. Kenya is one of those women who can't stop loving a guy who's all sorts of wrong for her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Kenya is one of those women who can't stop loving a guy who's all sorts of wrong for her.

I don't think Kenya is even in love with Matt.  I think she's in love with the thought of someone as young as him being in love with her.  She knows that if she gets with someone her age or older they won't put up with her bullshit.  As far as maturity level, she and Matt are about the same.  That's why they clash.  There's nobody there to be the voice of reason in the relationship.  Kenya has a mouth that has a dial stuck on the insult setting.  I don't think she even realizes she's doing it half the time.  Matt is a ticking time bomb who can't put up with that nonsense for too long and lashes out by breaking things.  They do not need to be together.  If they keep going on like they are I'm afraid it will be just a matter of time before instead of breaking windows he's breaking Kenya's face.

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:37 AM, swankie said:

Sheree did just that on WWHL when she was on a couple of weeks ago.  Andy asked her how she felt about Kenya calling her house Chateau Thelma and Sheree said, "That's okay, my mother loves me!"  Andy's jaw dropped and the other guest (can't remember who she was) guffawed after she said it.  I hope that clip is shown at the reunion this season.  I would love to see Kenya's reaction to that.

Darn you, you are making me almost want to WATCH Sheree say that!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

She can still work.   She can make personal appearances at wherever and have somebody inform her about her grandfather's foundation and charge to speak as its representative.   But you know, a lingerie line works too, I guess.

Why not combine the two? I'm sure Porsha can do something with "lingerie" and "underground railroad".

10 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

She can still work.   She can make personal appearances at wherever and have somebody inform her about her grandfather's foundation and charge to speak as its representative.   But you know, a lingerie line works too, I guess.

Porsha has already done a lingerie line and it is successful.  She's practically working everywhere up and down the TV channels from Dish Nation to hosting appearances on local News shows as well

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Darn you, you are making me almost want to WATCH Sheree say that!

Why not combine the two? I'm sure Porsha can do something with "lingerie" and "underground railroad".

{{kanyemicgrab}}  Imma let Melania finish, but credibility about civic issues and ass pics might be a lil mutually exclusive.   Lil bit.  

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

The Under Wear Rail Rode 

Please see HR for your paperwork.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, swankie said:

I don't think Kenya is even in love with Matt.  I think she's in love with the thought of someone as young as him being in love with her.  She knows that if she gets with someone her age or older they won't put up with her bullshit.  As far as maturity level, she and Matt are about the same.  That's why they clash.  There's nobody there to be the voice of reason in the relationship.  Kenya has a mouth that has a dial stuck on the insult setting.  I don't think she even realizes she's doing it half the time.  Matt is a ticking time bomb who can't put up with that nonsense for too long and lashes out by breaking things.  They do not need to be together.  If they keep going on like they are I'm afraid it will be just a matter of time before instead of breaking windows he's breaking Kenya's face.

It appears that Matt is ready to erupt. Kenya has whipped this young man and he can't handle it.. I can see now why his sister was so concerned about this relationship, she knows Matt has a short fuse.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, byrd said:

It appears that Matt is ready to erupt. Kenya has whipped this young man and he can't handle it.. I can see now why his sister was so concerned about this relationship, she knows Matt has a short fuse.

Or that he can be easily manipulated.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Or that he can be easily manipulated.

Yes, I used to date a younger man years ago and he stalked me like crazy when I tried to break it off. He could not handle it. It seems as if Matt is doing this to Kenya now, the age really does make a difference if they aren't mature. It was like talking to my son , I was 15 years older and I paid a heavy price for it. Never again. The difference was I wasn't in the relationship for love, he knew this, but he fell in love anyway and then the problems started. I tried to be honest and upfront about what I wanted from the relationship and he agreed. It did not matter after a while I could see him getting too serious, that's why I called it quits . Easier said than done ! I fear that Kenya will have a lot more issues with Matt before this thing dies down. Good Luck..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, byrd said:

Yes, I used to date a younger man years ago and he stalked me like crazy when I tried to break it off. He could not handle it. It seems as if Matt is doing this to Kenya now, the age really does make a difference if they aren't mature. It was like talking to my son , I was 15 years older and I paid a heavy price for it. Never again. The difference was I wasn't in the relationship for love, he knew this, but he fell in love anyway and then the problems started. I tried to be honest and upfront about what I wanted from the relationship and he agreed. It did not matter after a while I could see him getting too serious, that's why I called it quits . Easier said than done ! I fear that Kenya will have a lot more issues with Matt before this thing dies down. Good Luck..

I do think Matt fell for her, big time but I'm not so sure that Kenya was with him for more than a storyline.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I do think Matt fell for her, big time but I'm not so sure that Kenya was with him for more than a storyline.

yes I agree , but I also think Kenya was vulnerable enough to fall for him, because she wants to be loved so badly and to have a baby. Before Apollo went to prison and before Sharee rejoined the show, Kenya was the only one without a man. Even Porsha managed to have a half-ass relationship. I wish her the best and I hope Matt finds the strength to move on with his life.  

19 minutes ago, byrd said:

yes I agree , but I also think Kenya was vulnerable enough to fall for him, because she wants to be loved so badly and to have a baby. Before Apollo went to prison and before Sharee rejoined the show, Kenya was the only one without a man. Even Porsha managed to have a half-ass relationship. I wish her the best and I hope Matt finds the strength to move on with his life.  

See, I'm not so sure that Kenya is serious about having/wanting a baby either. If she was really serious, she would have done it by now (had a baby that is) but she only talks/posts/tweets things to make her fans think she is pregnant when she knows she isn't. It's all a game to her and nothing more.

As for her falling for Matt, anything is possible but her history, on the show that is, says differently. I think she thought she could control him and use him for her storyline and Matt refused to go along with her. That said, no one should break things or threaten another person like he has done and I think Kenya wasn't prepared for him to not go along with her plans.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

See, I'm not so sure that Kenya is serious about having/wanting a baby either. If she was really serious, she would have done it by now (had a baby that is) but she only talks/posts/tweets things to make her fans think she is pregnant when she knows she isn't. It's all a game to her and nothing more.

As for her falling for Matt, anything is possible but her history, on the show that is, says differently. I think she thought she could control him and use him for her storyline and Matt refused to go along with her. That said, no one should break things or threaten another person like he has done and I think Kenya wasn't prepared for him to not go along with her plans.

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I SEE YOUR POINT AND IT'S A GOOD ONE:  I believe it's very important for her child to know it's father based on her own history with her mother. I think that's the reason she has not used the sperm bank yet . I believe this would be the last option for her. Kenya wants the whole package if she can get it. As much as I dislike Kenya, this part of her life I would very much like to see her fulfill , she needs this healing and who knows ,maybe a husband and her own family can give her that ?

9 minutes ago, byrd said:

I get what you are saying but she is, more likely than not, out of time of getting/maintaining a pregnancy herself, so, again, if having a baby/child of her own herself was/is that important, she may have waited too long. She needed to get into real therapy and deal with her abandonment issues long ago and she didn't, so I'm not convinced this is more than a storyline for her. The problem for me is that who we see on the show is, IMO, just a fictitious persona she uses to keep her Bravo paycheck rolling in, not her real self, we really don't "know" who Kenya Moore really is.

17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I get what you are saying but she is, more likely than not, out of time of getting/maintaining a pregnancy herself, so, again, if having a baby/child of her own herself was/is that important, she may have waited too long. She needed to get into real therapy and deal with her abandonment issues long ago and she didn't, so I'm not convinced this is more than a storyline for her. The problem for me is that who we see on the show is, IMO, just a fictitious persona she uses to keep her Bravo paycheck rolling in, not her real self, we really don't "know" who Kenya Moore really is.

I have been searching for the 'softer side" of her for years" there have been some glimpses of this , although not for very long. She has stated that she was in therapy a long time ago as a trouble rebellious teenager trying to deal with these issues. I believe she just would not listen and refused to accept the situation for what it was.  You are right, we really don't know what we are looking at with Kenya .The reason I am so wrapped into her story , is because I personally know if a similar case and the symptoms are the same. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1