Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Memory Lost

starri

Great episode. Not even the Newbs bugged me all that much. 

There were definitely seeds planted about Stiles being erased, which sucked. I wonder why Stiles/Scott remembered Alex after he was taken. I guess because if they forgot, there'd be no plot. 

Watching Sheriff Stilinski not know who is son is was rough to watch. Watching Lydia/Stiles' last scene was so, so good. Finally Lydia's getting more to do in the story! It only took six seasons! Thank god the show is using Lydia to the best of her ability! 

Well, this caught my interest more than the entirety of season five, so that's good. Even if there's not going to be much Dylan O'Brien, it'll still be a Stiles-centric season, so that's good. 

I wonder if Stiles won't be the only one to be erased. I could see at least one more person being erased. 

• Love 4

I really liked the episode.  It seemed very reminiscent of Teen Wolf of old and I think we really needed that going into the final season.  We all knew that Stiles was going to be erased but I think the little clues were done so well that when the moment actually came it still meant something and resonated with me.   Sheriff Stilinksi in particular not knowing who Stiles was, was a punch to the gut since we know that they are each others whole world.   Dylan O'Brien has a real gift and while I'm sad that we won't be able to use him the whole season, I'm glad that this season will be all about Stiles and what he means to the other characters.  He really is the heart of the pack and it will be really interesting to see how his absence plays out.  

While I enjoyed the focus on Stydia this season I really would have liked for Stiles' last moment to be with Scott.  For me their relationship is the most important one on this show and I did kind of feel like that was kind of pushed aside.  

I don't mind some of the focus being on the younger set, we really don't have much of the original cast left to focus on tbh.  I really hope we get some good cameos and goodbyes to some of the original cast later in the season.  

As for Kira.  Arden Cho was let go after season five so Kira won't ever return from the desert I'm afraid.

I thought this was so so good! The direction, the storyline, the look, the new credits, everything! So heartbreaking watching Stiles realize he was being erased. The look on his face when he thought his dad remembered him, only to then realize he didn't, was so devastating. His last scene with Lydia was also incredibly touching.

I'm sad this show is ending but I'm glad to see it wants to go out with a bang. This storyline has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see it unfold.

• Love 5

I guess Kira was the first one erased. 

Still don't care about the puppy pack.

When did Malia learn how to transform into a coyote again? 

I'm enjoying the Stiles story line even though I know he won't be around much.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

There were definitely seeds planted about Stiles being erased, which sucked. I wonder why Stiles/Scott remembered Alex after he was taken.

Good question! Stiles, I think because he saw the Hunter and already had one foot in their world. Scott, maybe the memory stuck a little longer because he had Alex's memories inside him via his claws. (I suspect he has forgotten Alex now.) 

I enjoyed this episode, too. Unfortunately, I don't know how much of a presence Stiles will be over the season, since he has been forgotten by everyone. I think there will be some scenes of him in "Hunt world" and his absence might be inferred by, I don't know, maybe the pack being frustrated by not being able to put the clues together, but Dylan didn't do a whole lot of shooting before going off to other projects. I hope he is well enough to really be a presence in the last eps. 

Kira is in the desert with the sandwalkers for the foreseeable future. Because, you know, they can teach her better than her own kitsune mother. #justice4yukimuras

Is this what happened to Danny?

Seriously! 

15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Great episode. Not even the Newbs bugged me all that much. 

There were definitely seeds planted about Stiles being erased, which sucked. I wonder why Stiles/Scott remembered Alex after he was taken. I guess because if they forgot, there'd be no plot. 

Watching Sheriff Stilinski not know who is son is was rough to watch. Watching Lydia/Stiles' last scene was so, so good. Finally Lydia's getting more to do in the story! It only took six seasons! Thank god the show is using Lydia to the best of her ability! 

Well, this caught my interest more than the entirety of season five, so that's good. Even if there's not going to be much Dylan O'Brien, it'll still be a Stiles-centric season, so that's good. 

I wonder if Stiles won't be the only one to be erased. I could see at least one more person being erased. 

Wasn't Lydia the driving the force for the arc of last season with her visions? Either way, I don't understand the finally used element. She always finds time to shine.

I actually liked this episode, much to my own surprise. There was a nice mixture of the old gang and the ‘kiddy pack’. The pacing was good – if they would only leave off the slow-mo. The storyline is interesting. When I think about it, this plot is actually surprisingly ingenious for the Teen Wolf writers, who are not known for their exciting – or even coherent – ideas. With DOB being mostly unavailable this is making the most of his popularity.

Loved: DOB brought the goods, as usual. Stiles and his dad! O the feelz!

Hated: as far as I’m concerned, HR couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag. Granted, Lydia’s ‘power’ requires her to mostly look vacant or vaguely constipated. At least I’d like to give her the benefit of the doubt that it’s deliberate. I’m still praying we will be spared Stydia. And by now HR really looks her age. Although the same goes for TP. DOB can just about pass for a teenager. Only SH still looks young enough. Just as well that this is the last season.

After having some time to think about things I had a couple of of questions/observations.

1. If the Riders target anyone who has seen them, how does anyone know enough of them for there to be stories about them? There must be a loophole or something in there.

2. Why did the door to little Alex's room have what appeared to be a deadbolt lock on it? That's just creepy.

• Love 1

I got into this show in earlier this year (great timing, lol) and I'm really excited for this season's big mystery. I like the idea of an alternate universe situation, where we'll see a world without one of the main characters. Stiles and his dad are so close, so it was heartbreaking when he didn't recognize him. Didn't something similar happen with Stiles' mom because of her illness, she eventually didn't know who he was?

One of the many things I'm wondering is: when Stiles realized he had been erased, his blank photo form was brought up as if it was evidence of his erasure. But they discussed that before he saw the horseman at the abandoned house. The quote Lydia showed said if you see them, you're already lost. So was he marked before ever seeing them? How do they go about this?

Also, I didn't understand why the younger group felt like they had to steal the compass, other than that the teacher is probably a bad guy and choosing to go behind his back will be considered smart in the future. I hadn't thought much about a change in leadership once Scott leaves... I have a feeling Liam and Hayden might butt heads over who gets to be the Alpha.

I see Stydia's connection and like that they've both grown up since the earlier seasons, making their impending union better than the typical "geek gets the hot girl" thing. But I've never been into them as a romance, mainly because I think Lydia's too... "other". Like she's on her own wavelength, which is great because she's a banshee but when it comes to romance, I get nothing off of her. So I know it's going to happen and all the groundwork is there... but something's missing for me, so I'm disinterested. Count me in as someone who adores the Sciles friendship above any other relationship on the show. I'm so curious about what Stiles wanted to say to Scott... it wouldn't have made sense in the moment but I thought it might be, "I love you," haha. I need the final scene of this series to be the two of them driving off in the Jeep.

• Love 2

Not sure if it's a coincidence or if the writers actually planned it, but I was rewatching some old eps. The first episode of last season, beginning of the dread doctors thing, Kira's parents mention the wild hunt, the ghost riders, etc. and that they were hunting souls. Thought it was interesting they were actually mentioned before.  

Why did the door to little Alex's room have what appeared to be a deadbolt lock on it? That's just creepy.

I thought the same thing. It looked new and shiny, too, rather than aged like everything else. When Stiles was approaching the door, I thought he'd notice that with his detective eye. (However, he didn't scream for help when the Huntsman showed up, either, so I think they might cast some sort of dreamlike trance over people.) Maybe the deadlock wasn't something that existed before when the parents were there, but was a supernatural manifestation of Alex trying to protect himself inside the jail cell. 

Also, I didn't understand why the younger group felt like they had to steal the compass, other than that the teacher is probably a bad guy and choosing to go behind his back will be considered smart in the future.

I think it was a nice piece of school property, not a cheap-o compass. It probably isn't something that can be taken off campus unless on a field trip with the teacher. 

Well, that did not suck. The Stiles and Lydia stuff was especially good. 

I admit I am not interested in 'who will be Alpha' when Scott goes to college, since I don't really feel like this is a pack anyway. Starting from last season, it really feels like a bunch of kids who go to high school together. So I guess Liam can be the Alpha of nothing much. It will be better than Hayden anyway. The log and the moss continue to disinterest me.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

I admit I am not interested in 'who will be Alpha' when Scott goes to college, since I don't really feel like this is a pack anyway. Starting from last season, it really feels like a bunch of kids who go to high school together. So I guess Liam can be the Alpha of nothing much.

This is so true. I don't know what to make of this story thread. A Beta can only become an Alpha by killing an Alpha, right? (Taking another's power) Or by becoming a True Alpha, like Scott (the power was inside you all along!). Can Betas become Alphas when their Alpha leaves town? Where does the power come from? It seems like the real question is not, "who will be the Alpha," but rather, "who will handle shit while I'm out of the office?" I mean, Beacon Hills is Scott's territory... is he not intending to come back to it after college? Is it that easy a decision for an Alpha to leave their territory? I would like to know more about this! And if Liam really IS potentially going to become an Alpha to replace Scott (and not just Scott's Vice-Principal), then who will he be the Alpha of? Hayden? Maybe Mason, since he's kind of honorary Pack? Maybe Corey, if he and Liam work things out? Everyone else is moving away!

As for the pack not feeling like a pack... I was all set to disagree with you, and after starting three different sentences I couldn't defend, I realized you're right! The core group is totally solid (Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, Kira, Melissa, the Sheriff, etc... and Liam as Scott's Beta. Even if we haven't seen them yet this season, their place feels solid.), but the New Class is not integrated in a way that makes sense. If they were planning to continue the show with Liam as the new Alpha, it would make sense to spend time seeing him build his own pack so that power can be transferred. But since this is the last season, and they're ending the show with Scott leaving, then the entire show start-to-finish centres around Scott, and the whole group of allies should really feel like SCOTT'S pack. Because they're supposed to be. But people like Hayden, Mason, Corey... they don't have a real relationship with Scott. They feel more like friends-of-friends than real Pack. The New Class is connected with each other, but they're not connected with Scott's core pack. It's a weird choice to bring in new characters that are supposedly part of the pack, and then NOT establish a relationship between them and Scott.

I'm hopeful this will change this season, now that Corey will be playing a crucial role in recovering Stiles, but time will tell.

So, I feel like I'm having memory issues, I watched this episode and then the next, I feel like I saw the ending but not the same ending as everyone else.

I watch this show on Amazon Prime and the show ended with Lydia walking into the school talking about what she couldn't remember. I didn't see Malia highlight the word Styles or Lydia say "What the Hell is a Stiles?" line. Am I crazy, or was Prime missing scenes?

I watch this show on Amazon Prime and the show ended with Lydia walking into the school talking about what she couldn't remember. I didn't see Malia highlight the word Styles or Lydia say "What the Hell is a Stiles?" line. Am I crazy, or was Prime missing scenes?

The ending you describe is the end of episode 6.01. The other scenes you've heard about are in episode 6.02. 

14 hours ago, ahisma said:

The ending you describe is the end of episode 6.01. The other scenes you've heard about are in episode 6.02. 

Yeah, something is wrong with Prime's episodes. So that makes more sense, but all those scenes I described are in the "previously scene" part at the beginning which is why I thought it was in 6.01. So, I was wrong, its my 6.02 that's wrong. 

This was the first episode I saw when it aired.  I hung on for a couple episodes and then bailed.  I've been watching the entire series over the last few weeks for the first time and finally got back to my beginning. 

Let me tell you, it was very odd to start this show thinking Stiles/Lydia were a couple, tragically separated, and then watch them set it up in season 1 and ignore it for the next 4 seasons.  Shippers who were watching this over a span of five years must have been perturbed.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:02 AM, Racj82 said:

Wasn't Lydia the driving the force for the arc of last season with her visions? Either way, I don't understand the finally used element. She always finds time to shine.

Lydia is basically a walking talking plot device for the majority of the series.  Being made a banshee didn't do her any favors.  They basically decided the power of the banshee was to move the plot along with visions out of thin air.  But at the same time she can't be too much a part of the plot because they have to fill out the seasons.