Type keyword(s) to search

Psych in the Media: "We actually started an urban legend..."

BW Manilowe

On 7/21/2017 at 5:57 PM, andromeda331 said:

Mary Lightly will be back? Cool!

Yes, but the character was apparently killed off before the show ended & they won't say if Mary's dead or alive in the movie (I hope that makes sense).

On 7/21/2017 at 5:57 PM, andromeda331 said:

Mary Lightly will be back? Cool!

What? No! He DIED! ONSCREEN!!?

3 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Yes, but the character was apparently killed off before the show ended & they won't say if Mary's dead or alive in the movie (I hope that makes sense).

Nothing apparent about his death. He died just like the cop character from Psycho-stabbed and fell down the stairs. I love this ridiculous show, but I don't want any soap opera back from the dead BULLSHIT!

2 hours ago, twoods said:

I was so sad when Mary died- he will probably come back as a ghost or in Shawn's dream. Regardless, I can't wait for this movie. Is it December yet?

That's more likely.

I've been saying this and Is it September yet (for my Outlander premiere) for quite some time now and I LOVE Summer!!!!???

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

These two are just PURE MAGIC together! I wish I could find the video where they're on the phone and trying to get their Psych mojo back in time for the movie. It's HILARIOUS. James can't come up with the ridiculous names for Gus, and Dulé has forgotten how to do that nose rub!!

???????

On 7/21/2017 at 5:12 PM, BW Manilowe said:

If you can't get the teaser to play above, try here. TVLine also posted it & I could see it there.

This is the teaser I was talking about! And what's with Roday saying that Shawn now has an adult man crush on Jules??? They were ENGAGED in the series finale!!!!

In the words of Gus: "DUDE!"??

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

These two are just PURE MAGIC together! I wish I could find the video where they're on the phone and trying to get their Psych mojo back in time for the movie. It's HILARIOUS. James can't come up with the ridiculous names for Gus, and Dulé has forgotten how to do that nose rub!!

???????

Ask, and thy shall receive:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unfortunately it doesn't include the 8 minutes of video from the movie; it just talks about those 8 minutes. The video embedded in the article is the preview teaser with Dulé & James trying to get their Psych mojo back in regards to the catchphrases & some of Dulé's gestures.

I just started watching the show again, and was looking up about the movie, and I am so sorry about Tim's stroke, I had no idea!  Lassie is my favorite character, Tim was so wonderful. I am glad he will at least be in the movie. but I hope he will be all better soon and we can see a full performance from him again when/if there is another movie. Best wishes Tim.

I have to say Dule looks fabulous!  It's ironic that I mentioned in the other thread that Gus should have had a girl friend in the finale, and I'm glad they are bringing one in for him in the movie.  I also like that they held off marrying Shawn and Juliet.  It seems to work better that way to me (though I may be in the minority here).

Looking forward to it.

Edited by roseha
  • Love 4
(edited)

From TVGuide's website: Yvette Nicole Brown is Totally Down to Appear in a Psych Movie

To clarify: YNB is not in this movie. But she did play a female paranormal consultant for the police, Hazel Lazarus, in an episode of the show. She talks about this "amazing" wig with bangs she wore in character & says that if they'd write her a part in 1 of the future movies they're hoping to do, she'd be happy to put that wig back on & be in the movie.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add some info for clarification.

Maybe this should go in the Unpopular thread, but I'm not interested in glugging the movies with stunt casting or other well known actors/actresses. I want just our CORE group, just like it was in the series. I'm hoping Roday and Hill and Franks will get the green light for multiple movies a la Perry Mason.

• Love 4

The promos of James and Dulé as Shawn and Gus on USA  are getting me more and more psyched for the movie! The latest was them "watching" Suits and Gus admiring Alex, who is played by Dulé!!

??????????

You would think the show hadn't been cancelled, so smooth and natural they both looked and sounded. No awkwardness at all!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

The nice thing about this movie, from what I have seen, is that it pretty much happened because the fans clamored so hard for it.  There are not a lot of TV movies being made any more it seems, this seems to be the exception thanks to all the Psych-Os.  I hope there will be more!

• Love 3

Fan X

San Diego Comic Con

New York Comic Con

More promos for the movie!

Emergency-ish

Suits

Shooter

Pass the pineapple

Labor Day

Back to school

Columbus Day

These two were previously posted but embedded in other articles, so I'm posting these for the lazy people ;)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

@GHScorpiosRule, every time you post an update, I imagine you waking up each day in your Shawn and Gus PJs and immediately heading over to your calendar where you're marking off the days one by one and then trudging on to start your day. ;)

tenor (2).gif

tenor.gif

tenor (1).gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Interviews with James & Dulé about the movie (includes some really short clips from the movie!)

Daylight savings time reminder from Shawn and Gus:

I can't wait! I also love that Gus's love interest is wearing a shirt that reads Nine planet solar system! Maybe he'll finally win with his Pluto line!

• Love 1

I wonder how many people know this is happening.  I didn't have any idea because I have no interest in anything on USA since they walked away from the "blue skies" programming strategy and its long past when I'd randomly search for Psych related news.

I hope they find enough eyeballs to keep the next five movies they mentioned wanting at comic con a viable possibility.

14 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I wonder how many people know this is happening.  I didn't have any idea because I have no interest in anything on USA since they walked away from the "blue skies" programming strategy and its long past when I'd randomly search for Psych related news.

I hope they find enough eyeballs to keep the next five movies they mentioned wanting at comic con a viable possibility.

A lot of people know this is happening. Well, let me clarify--those on social media know. It's been all over my FaceBook feed since the summer when James Roday announced a movie was happening. And I follow Dulé Hill as well, and he's been giving regular updates.

There was even a contest--the few states who gave the most tweets would get to see it in the theaters on the big screen. Alas, my state didn't make the cut.

And as you can see up thread, I've done my best to keep everyone I know here who watched and loved the show, with sneak peeks and interviews about it her and in the movie thread. 

• Love 2

Posting on this thread is like preaching to the choir! ? I have a friend who was a big Psych fan who had no idea about this because the only way she knows about new shows is if they show up on her DVR with her season pass, so Psych would have been long deleted from that.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 1

I should clarify that the 3 times was for the upcoming 2 weeks search of the listings on titantv.com, so it's possible there will be more showings.  And if someone has cable, they can usually log into the USA site to watch recent shows.