Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Outlaw Country

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

Since he remembered her as a young woman, the "spouse he's been with as a very long time" thing doesn't really apply. That said, the word "love" in English has many meanings, but the underlying meaning to the person using the word is specific. IMHO, Garber was playing it as romantic love, though I wouldn't be surprised at all if she turns out to be his daughter. As I said, in my book, that makes it a cheap misdirect. YMMV, of course.

What I meant about a spouse he'd been with a long time is how he would feel about Clarissa, a loving affection that wasn't always about the passion and that the same loving affection is what he was getting in these new memories. (also devoid of passion)

I wouldn't say that he played it as a romantic love so much as I think that Stein only had love in his life with his wife.  (Maybe his parents, I don't recall his backstory).  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I thought last episode they were hinting at a ship between Amaya and Nate, but now I'm wondering if they'll be able to resist the 25th anniversary of Beauty and the Beast and enact that trope with Mick and Amaya instead.

I hope not.  That's probably what annoyed me so much.  I despise Beauty and the Beast tropes.  I wouldn't necessarily have objected to an odd couple pairing of Mick and Amaya, but not if they take the Beauty and the Beast approach. :(

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I hope not.  That's probably what annoyed me so much.  I despise Beauty and the Beast tropes.  I wouldn't necessarily have objected to an odd couple pairing of Mick and Amaya, but not if they take the Beauty and the Beast approach. :(

It could be interesting if they flipped it around but this is the Flarrowverse, so I doubt that would ever happen.  But then, I don't want any pairings at all now that Snart and Rip are gone.   

• Love 1

Couldn't understand about a third of that Hex was saying. The actor should quit mumbling and trying to make his voice more gravely.

Vixen just isn't Vixen. I hope someday the proper live-action Vixen will come leaping off the screen and use her powers in a truly amazing way, but until then we'll get boring, underused versions of her continually channeling a rhino and barreling through groups of people. Also they really need to lay off the modern language and attitude from her. They should write her with the proper 1940's style of speech and attitude. That might also help her stand out in the crowd more.

Nate - just not working for me. It's like he's 12 years old in a typical CW bland interchangeable gym pumped pretty boy body.

Edited by Beamish
  • Love 2

I see that TVLine asked "where did the horses come from?" in their weekly questions column.  I'd forgotten about that, but yeah, when they all came riding around the corner on horseback I was like "wait, were they carrying those horses on the ship?" Lol.  

Then I got distracted by Nate acting like an idiot and forgot about it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2016 at 3:48 PM, squidprincess said:

Honestly, Nate's dislike of research (and the weird way he compares it to high school...when he's a doctorate!), combined with his behavior in previous episodes are making me seriously wonder if he is who he says he is.

Nothing about this guy seems to fit.  At this point I am honestly expecting the "physicist" who Nate mentions in Out of Time to be Eobard Thawne.

It makes me wonder if the writers know what a historian is... I know its a little more complicated than a barista... but bonus points for not having Nate say it every minute.

Although, your concerns I hope are unfounded only because the bad guy disguised as good guy has been used before a lot in this Flarrowverse. So has naive good guy/team being taken over by bad guy.

• Love 1

This wasn't an episode I personally liked. Not a big fan of Old West &/or this Jonah Hex. However, I still thought as a filler episode with some character advancements along their journeys was good.

Stein is still my emotional barometer. I look fwd to whatever they have in store for him. Still rooting for a daughter. Hopefully, she has Sydney Bristow's skills.

SL establishing her skills as leader and gaining HEX's respect was nice.

I like what they are doing with RAY this season. I think they are still testing Amaya's chemistry pairings. Mick's journey is feeling a lil cliche, but its ok for now.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I see that TVLine asked "where did the horses come from?" in their weekly questions column.  I'd forgotten about that, but yeah, when they all came riding around the corner on horseback I was like "wait, were they carrying those horses on the ship?" Lol.  

I must admit, the first thing I thought in that scene was in fact "Where did the horses come from?" Did they really find half a dozen horses right next to where they parked the Waverider?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KirkB said:

I must admit, the first thing I thought in that scene was in fact "Where did the horses come from?" Did they really find half a dozen horses right next to where they parked the Waverider?

I assumed they just skipped the part where they went and bought them off screen.  

Nate - just not working for me. It's like he's 12 years old in a typical CW bland interchangeable gym pumped pretty boy body.

I've realized it's more than that for me.  How similar they write him to Ray and how similar the coloring was of his new suit makes me keep wondering if they are writing in a possible replacement for Ray.  I've heard nothing that would make me think Routh wants to leave but it's just a constant doubt that wriggles around in my brain when Nate is on screen meaning even when I like him, I worry that he's a threat so I can't completely like him.  I just wish they would write him as his own individual not Ray light and I wish that they hurry Ray back into his Atom suit so he's not in this limbo where I worry about him sticking around.  I can't take losing another favorite from this show.    

• Love 1

I figured they stole them too. I also wouldn't need them to waste time showing me that. Horses are a lot easier to steal than cars. It's like a video game, if you see a horse you can just get on it and take it. 

• Love 3

Well, except for the part where you need to catch the horse, and then saddle him, etc.  In my experience, unless you know what you're doing, that isn't all that easy.  Cars don't run away from you.  

I suppose they could have taken them from a stable or barn, which would simplify things a bit.

Edited by Starfish35

I don't think they went after wild horses. They probably found a stable or some tied up outside somewhere and took those horses. It would've been funny if the were riding them bareback, because I've done that and it is not fun. 

• Love 1

I wasn't thinking they chased down wild mustangs.  I was just thinking of the horses as being in a corral or a pasture.   But yes, if they found some horses tied or in a barn that would be easier.  

I used to ride bareback when I was a kid.  It's not so bad, except at a trot.  That can jar your teeth.  But a walk or a gentle lope...*shrugs*  But then again we do lots of things as kids we wouldn't necessarily find so fun as adults. :)

On 11/21/2016 at 7:27 AM, squidprincess said:

Somewhere there's a deleted scene with Mick Rory, flame thrower in hand, standing over a poor burned horse saying "What, you told me to stop it from running away!"

I can totally hear Dominic Purcell's grinning, gravelly Heatwave voice: "Who's up for a little barbecue?"

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2

This was an awesome episode! We had more Sara :)) I love her interactions with Hex and their talks about revenge and loss. I love when they give Sara more personal scenes and emotions. But I hope for more Sara and Vixen. They can have great friendship. I still hope the women to be more developed and explored, but not as love interests.

What was again boring and distracting in this episode were the nerd, whiny guys, who dream to be super heroes and think, that to be smart is not good enough. And I can't figure it out whose girlfriend Ray is going to be - Nate's or Mick's ;)

• Love 3

I'm hoping more for a bromance triangle between Cold, Heatwave and Haircut, myself.

Mick Rory is my absolute favourite character in the Arrowverse now, bar none, so most of my favorite moments are going to feature him. In this episode it was the side eye he gave to Vixen: "Yes, I know what a metaphor is. (beat) Don't tell the others." Aw Mick, ya big lug, you've got so much potential.

• Love 1
On 11/25/2016 at 8:31 AM, rtalive said:

This was an awesome episode! We had more Sara :)) I love her interactions with Hex and their talks about revenge and loss. I love when they give Sara more personal scenes and emotions. But I hope for more Sara and Vixen. They can have great friendship. I still hope the women to be more developed and explored, but not as love interests.

What was again boring and distracting in this episode were the nerd, whiny guys, who dream to be super heroes and think, that to be smart is not good enough. And I can't figure it out whose girlfriend Ray is going to be - Nate's or Mick's ;)

He better be Mick's, or I'm going to pitch a fit. Nate doesn't deserve Ray. If Sara hadn't been such a good shot, Hex would have died waiting for Nate to finish catching bullets in his teeth and save him.

The best part of this episode, besides everything Mick related, was Sara getting so much of the Jonah Hex A-story. Last season, she got stuck as wingman in Kendra's endless relationship woes through most of the episode. I'm sorry Rip wasn't in this one, as I ship Time Hex pretty hard.

• Love 8

I was happy to see Jonah again, although I wish Rip had been around, or we had gotten more of how they know each other. Not that Jonah seems like a really emotional guy, and maybe he figures Rip just kind of wandered off to do his own thing, but they seemed pretty tight, you would think him being missing would cause a little more of a reaction. I still miss Rip. 

This is honestly the Arrow verse show that I like the most at this point. It has its flaws, but its fun, creative, and has likable characters who actually reaction to things like normal people. Oh, and they dont keep stupid secrets for stupid reasons. 

Nate bores me. As everyone else has said, he is basically Ray 2.0, but less likable and without as consistent characterization (at least in this show). 

• Love 4

I liked this Old West one better than the last one. I liked seeing Hex change his mind about Sara since last episode when Mick said they should've brought Sara along and he dismissed that because she was a woman. Then this ep he realizes why Mick said that. 

Nate was annoying as usual and he probably should've gotten Hex killed when the bullets bounced off of him. 

I liked that Mick went in there to cause trouble and ended up bonding with him. Then we have the C story of Stein not realizing the woman he's seeing is his daughter. 

And Mick finally gets to shoot and burn things. And Sara get to use a whip. 

• Love 1

I’m....not sure what I think of this one, actually.  It’s fun, as the Old West episodes usually are, and at least this time we don’t have Kendra’s past lives storyline dragging it down.  But to be honest, if we cut Kendra’s side story out of the first one, I actually think I enjoyed that one more.  

I think a lot of that is due to Nate taking up so much space in this episode, and he isn’t one of my favorite characters at this stage of the game.  And then we have this storyline with Mick popping up seemingly out of nowhere.  In retrospect, it’s to set up his arc through the end of the season, but after the last few episodes, it does still feel rather sudden.  And while I did eventually come to really enjoy Mick’s and Amaya’s friendship, I never cared for this “animal tamer” aspect.

On the bright side, we did have Hex coming to appreciate and respect Sara as Captain, and Sara gets to use a whip! I enjoyed that stunt. 🙂  And Ray gets his suit back and Nate gets a suit of his own, just in time for the crossover.  What a coincidence. 😄