Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

• Start Topic

(edited)

The more he talks, the stupider he sounds.

ETA:  I admit I didn't listen to the whole thing.  But I bet every single person he mentioned and even throw in Jenna and the other girl who couldn't eat anything, would beat him one-on-one in an eating contest.  He'd never win that contest one-on-one.

Edited by bunnyface

Now Wes is doing Season 2 of House of Villains.

Didn't he say he was retiring from The Challenge because he has a new baby, needed to spend his time at home, etc?

I find it depressing to see Challenge legends (Bananas, CT, Wes) doing these tacky shows alongside attention whores from 90 Day Fiance, etc.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AntFTW said:

#TheChallengeAllStars4

Not too jazzed to see Nicole "Peanut Butta" Zannata.    Or Brad (for the umpteenth time).   Even so, I'll take them any day over Jay and Michele, Horatio, Emanuel, Asaf, Callum, etc.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2024 at 7:08 PM, millennium said:

Now Wes is doing Season 2 of House of Villains.

Didn't he say he was retiring from The Challenge because he has a new baby, needed to spend his time at home, etc?

Much shorter filming time, and you're not cut off from "the outside world" like you are on The Challenge.

• Like 2

I just came across this show called The GOAT that will be on Amazon Prime Video. The show hasn't premiered yet but they posted the first episode on Youtube. It has a couple of Challengers on there with Tech and Da'Vonne. It seems like a version of House of Villains that Johnny Bananas was on with a random group of reality show people from their various reality shows.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, AntFTW said:

It seems like a version of House of Villains that Johnny Bananas was on with a random group of reality show people from their various reality shows.

Wow, it looks a straight rip off, right down to the comedian host who makes fun of the show and contestants.  That said, I'll probably watch it, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, lasu said:

Wow, it looks a straight rip off, right down to the comedian host who makes fun of the show and contestants.  That said, I'll probably watch it, lol.

Me too. 😂

I watched the first episode yesterday on Youtube, and it has enough of my attention to watch the rest of the episodes when it's formally released.

• Like 1

Michele and Devin

Dang, I have thought this before, but this seals it...I have never seen a girl who is so far from having a "type."  Wendell, Jay, (Fessy, right?), um that guy with the face tats whose name I have blissfully forgotten, and now Devin?  I mean, good for her, and of all those the two that appeal to me most are Wendell and Devin since they are both smart and funny, so maybe that's closest to being her type!  (Doesn't explain the in between ones though, heh, oops....)

On 6/11/2024 at 11:37 PM, jsm1125 said:

Did Michele also have a thing with Pete from Survivor Philippines? Or did I imagine that? 

Quite possible...I don't have a spreadsheet or anything 😛

This may be the one last time I would have tolerated Camila on the cast. I feel like she would have been a great fit with the cast and the theme... Ashley "Meltdown" Mitchell as well.

• Like 1
On 6/25/2024 at 4:05 PM, AntFTW said:

This may be the one last time I would have tolerated Camila on the cast. I feel like she would have been a great fit with the cast and the theme... Ashley "Meltdown" Mitchell as well.

I disagree on this one.  Even though they let Camilla continue and even win that season, and play more seasons later, Leroy should never have to be exposed to her again.  Ever.   I'd much rather watch Leroy that Camilla any day.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 5:05 PM, AntFTW said:

On behalf of Ashley, that's "Millionaire Mitchell" to you, lol.

I am hugely disappointed that Ashley isn't there.  I get that she broke the rules, but come on, she apologized and fully accepted responsibility.   Meanwhile, Nia  sexually abused Jordan both verbally and physically, but she's been on All-Stars and is now on Season 40.   Hardly seems fair.

Fessy has been nearly unavoidable on The Challenge in recent years.  How did he manage to get himself excluded from Season 40?

That pyramid picture above is great.   I want that poster.

Any word on why Nani isn't on board?   Her absence, like the Wes', is hard to overlook.

* Just want to add, I wish Diem could be there too.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, aghst said:

What did Ashley do?

Season 37.  It happened off-camera (or was maybe filmed but never shown), but it's been said that she outed Josh as gay in front of the group, responding to him with words like, "C'mon, Josh, everybody knows you're gay."

The following day she was removed.  No house visit from TJ, no reaction from the cast and no explanation other than TJ stating, "Ashley violated the rules and she is gone."

Whatever happened, she went on social media afterwards and said she took full responsibility, had no excuse and wasn't blaming anyone but herself.  She apologized, promised to work on herself -- all the obligatory mea culpas.   That was like three years ago. 

Ashley has said that she went through a period of deep depression following the incident.

Edited by millennium

Hmm, and Josh hasn't been on in awhile either.

I was watching some earlier seasons, like the one in Thailand.

She's more savvy than she lets on.  Sly like a fox as they say in the South?

But yeah that blunt speech may be grating on people.

Plus now they have younger attractive women on the cast so less of a need for older women like Ashley unless they can bring more drama.

I guess Sarah will never come back after Johnny screwed her over.  Clearly the producers wanted that to happen so they're Team Bananas all the way.

Just now, aghst said:

I guess Sarah will never come back after Johnny screwed her over.  Clearly the producers wanted that to happen so they're Team Bananas all the way.

Sarah's another of my favorites.  She's been gone so long it didn't even occur to me that she should be among the 40th "Eras" reunion.

Sarah has stated that even if she wanted to do another season she couldn't because her career as a therapist to people having difficulty dealing with celebrity (I kid you not) wouldn't allow her to take three or four months off at a time.

But that would be a big "get" for the show if they convinced her to return.

5 minutes ago, aghst said:

She's more savvy than she lets on.  Sly like a fox as they say in the South?

She sure is.

6 hours ago, aghst said:

I was watching some earlier seasons, like the one in Thailand.

I also watch older seasons as background noise while doing other stuff and just saw the episodes where the girls threw Kylie's suitcase over the railing and Gemmy said "it's not bullying if you deserved it."  So yeah, I could do without Gemmy to, for at least as long as my memory holds out.  

Yeah, Ashley is good for the drama, but sometimes she's a little much too.  Which makes her perfect for this show.  But since they are limiting the drinking now, she may not meltdown quite as spectacularly as in the past.

Well, here may be some answers to why Kyle Christie and Zach Nichols aren't part of Season 40 (which is too bad because their oafishness makes them amusing):

Zach Nichols Accuses Unnamed Producer of Preventing Him From Returning to ‘The Challenge’

Kyle Christie’s Alleged Reason for No Longer Appearing on ‘The Challenge’ Revealed; Former “Geordie Shore’ Star Was Reportedly Investigated Over Abuse Allegations

One of these days I have to write to BMP and pitch my idea for The Challenge: Suicide Squad, or even The Challenge: Ultimate Redemption House, where they bring back all the banned members to compete against each other with the prize being that one of them will be allowed to rejoin the flagship show:   Camila, Bear, Ashley, Kyle, Zach, etc.  

16 minutes ago, millennium said:

Well, here may be some answers to why Kyle Christie and Zach Nichols aren't part of Season 40 (which is too bad because their oafishness makes them amusing):

Zach Nichols Accuses Unnamed Producer of Preventing Him From Returning to ‘The Challenge’

Kyle Christie’s Alleged Reason for No Longer Appearing on ‘The Challenge’ Revealed; Former “Geordie Shore’ Star Was Reportedly Investigated Over Abuse Allegations

One of these days I have to write to BMP and pitch my idea for The Challenge: Suicide Squad, or even The Challenge: Ultimate Redemption House, where they bring back all the banned members to compete against each other with the prize being that one of them will be allowed to rejoin the flagship show:   Camila, Bear, Ashley, Kyle, Zach, etc.  

I never found Bear all that entertaining...

Bear can stay gone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I never found Bear all that entertaining...

Bear can stay gone.

I hated him at first, but on rewatch I thought he was hilarious.

He will stay gone, no question, given Georgia's allegations against him.

TJ on CBS Mornings.  I liked his insane asylum line.  

On 7/20/2024 at 9:12 PM, millennium said:

I hated him at first, but on rewatch I thought he was hilarious.

He will stay gone, no question, given Georgia's allegations against him.

I think they proved to be more than allegations.  He actually went to prison.  Not sure when he got out, if he's out yet.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, DEL901 said:

Wes is going to be in the new season of House of Villains.  Season one was a blast with Bananas totally leaning into the premise. 

Love Wes but can't stand Teresa Giudice so alas, will not watch.  Unless she's out early!

• Like 1
On 8/20/2024 at 3:33 PM, DEL901 said:

Wes is going to be in the new season of House of Villains.  Season one was a blast with Bananas totally leaning into the premise. 
https://ew.com/house-of-villains-season-2-trailer-survivor-vs-the-challenge-premiere-date-8698645

It may or may not mean anything, but it's interesting how there is not very much of Wes in that trailer.  Either he's a big dud with no excitement or he goes early.  The few times he is shown seems like early/introductions footage.