Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past

• Start Topic

On 12/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Ah yes, the "bummers." 🙄

I went to Berkeley. The university is beautiful. The city is like any largish city. There are homeless people. 

I've never been to Westwood, so I don't know how UCLA compares. Both schools have sororities, so I don't know what Kara's problem was with Berkeley. 

Did Kara go to UCLA, or to USC? I think that USC would be more of her "style". 

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Season 3 Vicki gets her daughter a leased car that the daughter ends up making the payments on has a GIFT? How was that a gift? 

I'll never forget that one. Vicki drives down the street honking, huge bow in the car. Briana cones out and Vicki says, "I got you a new car and you get to make the payments!" Briana was in college at the time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'll never forget that one. Vicki drives down the street honking, huge bow in the car. Briana cones out and Vicki says, "I got you a new car and you get to make the payments!" Briana was in college at the time. 

Lol I randomly picked the first episode of the season to watch and good GOD .. she tells her grown daughter she can’t go to a concert with her boyfriend… roiling rewatching this 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kelly’s husband was in a wreck.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/fox-news-reporter-rick-leventhal-involved-car-accident-suffer-broken-ribs-rhoc-kelly-dodd-1235217586/

He continued, “Rode was slick. Lost control and slammed into the wall hard. Started spinning around across lanes of traffic and slammed right into the back of a tractor-trailer… My window busted, both airbags deployed, I think I might’ve broken my ribs from the airbags.”

Lucky to be alive, quite frankly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/6/2023 at 3:20 PM, Irate Panda said:

I can’t remember since it was a 100 years ago, but was creepy Lou still on the show when he died?  Also, was there some fight over an inheritance with the kids and the second wife or was Lou broke by then?

He was. If memory serves, the new season began shortly after his death with the girls blaming his mail-order Thai bride for not doing enough when he had his fatal heart attack and for taking all his money. I am not sure if it was because he had no will or his mail-order bride made him leave everything to her, but TBH, I doubt he had anything of value at that point. Now that I think about it, the one daughter was bitter because Lou had promised to leave her enough money to never have to work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

He was. If memory serves, the new season began shortly after his death with the girls blaming his mail-order Thai bride for not doing enough when he had his fatal heart attack and for taking all his money. I am not sure if it was because he had no will or his mail-order bride made him leave everything to her, but TBH, I doubt he had anything of value at that point. Now that I think about it, the one daughter was bitter because Lou had promised to leave her enough money to never have to work. 

I believe Lou didn't have a will.

• Useful 1

I am watching some older episodes during the recent week long marathon and I had forgotten all about Elizabeth Vargas, I had forgotten how nutty she was, the stories she would tell, you could never tell what was the truth and what wasn't. 

I am watching Noella's season now and what a wackado she is, sure she is going thru a divorce and had major financial issues but that was one strange girl.

Heather just gave her threatening speech to Shannon, how did Shannon not bust out laughing.

I have missed this show so much!

• Like 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am watching some older episodes during the recent week long marathon and I had forgotten all about Elizabeth Vargas, I had forgotten how nutty she was, the stories she would tell, you could never tell what was the truth and what wasn't. 

I am watching Noella's season now and what a wackado she is, sure she is going thru a divorce and had major financial issues but that was one strange girl.

Heather just gave her threatening speech to Shannon, how did Shannon not bust out laughing.

I have missed this show so much!

I have a soft spot for the OG of the Housewives shows. 

The latest season was on today, and some previous ones yesterday. All these women didn't help the show (Noella, Elizabeth, Brawnwyn, Gina, Emily, Jen Armstrong).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I have a soft spot for the OG of the Housewives shows. 

The latest season was on today, and some previous ones yesterday. All these women didn't help the show (Noella, Elizabeth, Brawnwyn, Gina, Emily, Jen Armstrong).

YES!

• Like 2

The only real thing about season 16 was Jen Armstrong and her marriage to her introverted husband.

I had a feeling she was looking for validation about how hard she had it...but I recall some people felt sorry for him.  And I think her drinking made him shut down.

Noella...she drove Heather crazy so that was her only redeeming value.

And I had a soft spot for Elizabeth Vargas...her dress sense was unique.  And being raised in a cult probably didn't help her determine what the truth was 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, snarts said:

I loved revisiting S1 today. Of course I went down the rabbit hole trying to find out what happened to the Bryants. Kimberly is indeed still alive but I was shocked to read the real reason they left the show, her husband allegedly punched a woman.

That certainly brings back memories of TVwoP going bonkers at the time and them having to purge the RHoOC for a couple years!

On 8/1/2023 at 10:14 PM, ZettaK said:

As for Michael, although he appeared to have no direction in 2006/7, he works for Vicki's insurance company for many years, and he does well. 

I hope he learned how to "properly" use a stapler from his boss (Vickie)! 

• LOL 4
On 1/14/2024 at 7:39 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

You have to remember that OC was the first guinea pig in the genre. Vicki knew Jeana, and Lauri worked for her. Jo had to be brought into the group, being at least a decade younger than the others. It wasn't all contrived get togethers to scream at each other. They showed them living life. Like Lauri dealing with her son. They'd never show that now. 

I miss those days.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, heatherchandler said:

I’m watching old RHOC with Lydia (Uugh) but then I remembered how funny she looked when she was dressed as a man (Chaplin? Lincoln?)

EDDC1695-C8A4-42B3-9B2C-3B661CB7165C.jpeg

lol! Lydia said herself she made a funny looking man.

Her brother however is CUTE! 😍

dish-092117-lydia-brother-jesse.jpg

• Like 3

Ryne is shirtless in every photo! He is so strange, everyone is dressed except him. His body is not that great.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 4/7/2024 at 8:42 PM, heatherchandler said:

Remember he yelled “this is not a gangbang!” when the girls started fighting?  I assume he didn’t know what a gangbang is.

Oh, I am sure Lou knew and would have loved for it to have become one, but I thought he said "gangbanger" or meant "rumble".

That said, Lou was a total perv.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1