Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Why Try to Change Me Now?

• Start Topic

On 11/3/2016 at 11:03 PM, Court said:

The exchange at the end between Alex and Mere about Amelia cracked me up. 

Alex: She talks to me now

Mere: Thank you

I still think Amelia needs to talk to Owen more beyond why she doesn't want a baby. I think it's more about her fear of being pregnant and another baby having the same condition. Especially when she's told him at least twice she wanted multiple kids. Also, we already did this storyline!

That scene with Alex and Mer also made me LOL. I really feel Meredith's pain when it comes to Amelia. I too would be grateful for her to be talking to someone else.

Also, I agree with the consensus that it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that we are once again having to deal with Owen's wife not wanting children when he does story! It was done MULTIPLE times with Christina. I think that horse is dead now, can we stop beating it?!?!?

22 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Alex sounds like a broken record. Every other line out of his mouth is "I'm going to jail" or "I won't be here" or "I'll be gone soon." Enough already. I wish they'd get this storyline over with. 

YES to this! I never imagined Alex to be one for self-pity but this episode he was really wallowing in it and I found it extremely annoying!

Overall, I did like this episode, because I am on board with the teaching methods being questioned. I do agree with the majority however, Bailey is being dumb, Jackson and April are wasting perfectly good screen-time... Just get together already! I'm also wary of them dragging out this Alex and DeLuca story. And we know Jo's ex will be popping in at some point... Probably married to Owen's Sister/Rigg's Ex-Wife, who will end up being the surrogate mother for Owen and Amelia's baby. -_- I'm just ready to see some character progression.... I feel like we're stuck in a rut.

• Love 3

Wow, both the show and the posts go really fast when you don't care about Owen & Amelia.

I happened to tune in just as Minnick turned and we got a closeup three-quarter shot with her dark hair parted on the side and curtaining down across the left side of her face.  I said, "Holy shit, Callie's back!"  Then Arizona flipped out, cried "Scatter!" and scampered off, but the other three docs just waved at her through the window.  Appropriate reaction to Callie.

Even when I found out it wasn't Callie, I went back to freeze-frame that instant and she STILL looked so much like Callie I wondered whether they'd photoshopped that shot a little.  So I think Minnick was wearing a flashing neon "Hi, I'm Callie 2.0" nametag even before she purred at Arizona from the elevator.

(Okay, stop laughing, that's my story and I'm sticking to it--my new tv is not hi-def, but surely it's gigantic enough to not need my reading glasses.)

Edited by candall

I'm getting really bored with this show.  Nothing makes any sense.  Amelia told Owen she wanted multiple children.  Now that she had a pregnancy scare suddenly due no longer wants kids. Owen should get a divorce because she totally misrepresented herself. . April going on dates when her baby is only a few months old and she's a doctor who works 80 plus hours a week. . Who would even have time to date.  Wouldn't that time be better spent taking care of the baby you hardly ever see? And why would a busy surgeon  with a young baby even have any interest in dating at this point? 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I said, "Holy shit, Callie's back!"

From the side, I, too, thought she looked like Callie. 

I miss the comical side of Callie, and I guess this is why I enjoyed Stephanie ("Take me with you"...."I would marry her".) This show needs more humor, less angst. 

• Love 1

I don't think the consultant actor was as bad as many, I just don't think the actor has enough gravitas to play the role.  The ridiculous perkiness is sometimes hard to buy with Arizona, but it's especially irritating when she's leaning in to slice an artery to make a point.  I would have preferred that she be removed by security, followed by a strongly worded letter of recommendation that she lose her medical license.  Beautiful women can obviously be very intelligent, it's just not working with this character, for me.  While I didn't care for the character who came in and worked with Owen, she at least exuded authority and competence.

What's going on with Amelia's mouth?  I've noticed it the last two weeks - she has a lisp like she has had recent dental surgery, and part of her mouth is numb.  I know she's got the nice pregnancy lips going, but I've never noticed this before.  At first I thought she may have had some bad botox or newly plumped lips, but then I remembered the actress is pregnant.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, kira28 said:

I'm getting really bored with this show.  Nothing makes any sense.  Amelia told Owen she wanted multiple children.  Now that she had a pregnancy scare suddenly due no longer wants kids. Owen should get a divorce because she totally misrepresented herself. . April going on dates when her baby is only a few months old and she's a doctor who works 80 plus hours a week. . Who would even have time to date.  Wouldn't that time be better spent taking care of the baby you hardly ever see? And why would a busy surgeon  with a young baby even have any interest in dating at this point? 

Some people don't even let a pregnancy interfere with their dating life - think Heidi Klum.  But in this case, it seems that April went out both nights after Harriet was put down, and with her father parenting her.  Personally, I would prefer the extra sleep, but April is probably trying to distract herself from the pull she feels with Jackson.  The show's goal (and perhaps April's) is to trigger Jackson to realize he doesn't want her with anyone else.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't think the consultant actor was as bad as many, I just don't think the actor has enough gravitas to play the role.  The ridiculous perkiness is sometimes hard to buy with Arizona, but it's especially irritating when she's leaning in to slice an artery to make a point.  I would have preferred that she be removed by security, followed by a strongly worded letter of recommendation that she lose her medical license.  Beautiful women can obviously be very intelligent, it's just not working with this character, for me.  While I didn't care for the character who came in and worked with Owen, she at least exuded authority and competence.

What's going on with Amelia's mouth?  I've noticed it the last two weeks - she has a lisp like she has had recent dental surgery, and part of her mouth is numb.  I know she's got the nice pregnancy lips going, but I've never noticed this before.  At first I thought she may have had some bad botox or newly plumped lips, but then I remembered the actress is pregnant.

Some people don't even let a pregnancy interfere with their dating life - think Heidi Klum.  But in this case, it seems that April went out both nights after Harriet was put down, and with her father parenting her.  Personally, I would prefer the extra sleep, but April is probably trying to distract herself from the pull she feels with Jackson.  The show's goal (and perhaps April's) is to trigger Jackson to realize he doesn't want her with anyone else.

Is it pregnancy or bad botox filler?

I personally think she has had her lips done.

Edited by Nobodysfan
On 11/4/2016 at 0:07 PM, Deanie87 said:

Its not even that Alex and Mer are a married couple.  Its that Alex is the Alice/Mrs. Garrett to Maggie, Meredith and Amelia.  I'm not even kidding when I say that I can totally see the series ending with the four of them living together in that house Golden Girls style.  The gals will have their adventures in dating and surgery, reminisce about the great loves that they each got to have, maybe each have a kid or two, and Alex will clean up the mess, watch the kids and give them pep talks when they need it.  He doesn't need any kind of life of his own when he has his FAMILY!!!!!!  I wish I were kidding with this, I truly do.  

Also, how stupid are these doctors that they can't recognized alphabetical order?

Mrs Garrett LOLOLOL

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:56 AM, Madding crowd said:

In real life, these specialty surgeons would be making a lot of money and would not put up with being ordered around by a consultant. Hospitals do whatever they can to make these doctors happy, even in teaching hospitals. Also, the patients would need to be informed that an intern is doing the entire surgery and not just observing. 

THIS^^^^THIS THIS^^^ THIS^^^ every time I even try to talk about this show I harp on these world famous surgeons doing things (like prepping patients/pushing gurneys down the hall/ taking vitals/doing a thousand other things that a real surgeon in a real hospital would NEVER do!)

I wasn't going to comment this week on the ep because ... well this show is just so silly sometimes it makes my head hurt. but THIS^^^^^^ had me rolling my eyes 'til they almost fell out of my damn head!

Thank you MADDING CROWD!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, windsprints said:

Many women have a slightly puffier face during pregnancy. She hardly looks disfigured or that she's had plastic surgery to me at all.

Yea, her face and lips are a bit fuller but that's just a result of her pregnancy. 

• Love 1

I dont know. It's like the actress who played Minnick wasnt natural in her role. Maybe as time goes on she will find her footing. She seems way more interesting than Penny. Not weak. 

I wish they would've came up with a better way to introduce her as Az love interest. It kinda paralleled to Boswell when she was flirting with her.

Also agree that she resembles Callie.

I hope Sara is coming off of break at least by the season 13 finale. I miss Callie so much

• Love 1
On 11/5/2016 at 2:41 PM, timimouse said:

And we know Jo's ex will be popping in at some point... Probably married to Owen's Sister/Rigg's Ex-Wife, who will end up being the surrogate mother for Owen and Amelia's baby.

Now that would make an interesting show... LOL I don't know why I watch. Guess I should visit the Doom Clinic Where Rejected Doctors Go and see if Never Going to Jail Alex gives me something for my addiction...

Edited by maddie965

I'm so sad at what they've done to Bailey and Webber.  I just love those characters!  To see them so weak, diminished, and frankly clueless, is not fun.  They used to command respect, and the show has made the ridiculous, with very little authority.  

Can't stand the Minnick character or the actor.  As others have said, the entire consultant storyline is so unrealistic.  

Agreed, Amelia's real-life pregnancy wasn't hidden at all- it was actually kind of fun to spot the belly from time to time, just as it was when Arizona was pregnant IRL!

• Like 1