Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Kubark

The trainees are put through a training drill that tests their stress levels while Alex tries to gather information and get close to Owen. Meanwhile, in the future, the terrorist organization demands a trade, a move that could possibly end the stand-off.

Is it just me or is it really slow this season? At least the last season had me guessing the whole way through about who it is, but this season is so much slower. I did read that it's supposed to be in real time this time so I guess that explains the slowness of it, but it just seems harder to get into...

What did everyone else think of this week's episode? 

• Love 2

It did seem slow, this episode felt like filler. 

At least Shelby knows Miranda is shady.

Ryan's doing well at CIA training when they are clueless to what his weakness is. He was right, it is Alex.  Funny Alex's was being at the bottom of the class.

I need Caleb to appear!

• Love 3

Alex's hair was gorgeous as they were mingling with the CIA folk, but that was offset by the restraining of it during the present day. Of COURSE Ryan's real weakness is Alex.

So Tovey's character is HIV +? Wouldn't that be a problem with field assignments? I have trouble enough getting meds far enough in advance for vacation trips. I assume CIA jobs are even more spur-of-the-moment. And cute praying guy is gay? Are they sure they are at the CIA and not Grindr?

• Love 1

Is it just me or does Miranda's work/hostage exchange outfit seem ridiculous given the actual situation they are in?  I would think if you are going to be participating in a hostage exchange in the middle of an extremely high profile terrorist attack, you'd want something basic, durable and comfortable, rather than something that looks like it came from the set of Dynasty in an episode where Alexis was going to take control of the board at Denver Carrington. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NorthstarATL said:

So Tovey's character is HIV +? Wouldn't that be a problem with field assignments? I have trouble enough getting meds far enough in advance for vacation trips. I assume CIA jobs are even more spur-of-the-moment. And cute praying guy is gay? Are they sure they are at the CIA and not Grindr?

No, HIV PrEP is preparation... "it's the use of anti-HIV medication that keeps HIV negative people from becoming infected." It's simply to lower risk.

10 hours ago, ReeBee85 said:

Is it just me or is it really slow this season? At least the last season had me guessing the whole way through about who it is, but this season is so much slower. I did read that it's supposed to be in real time this time so I guess that explains the slowness of it, but it just seems harder to get into...

What did everyone else think of this week's episode? 

It's because it's so repetitive and they're dragging it out for the season.

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

It did seem slow, this episode felt like filler. 

At least Shelby knows Miranda is shady.

Ryan's doing well at CIA training when they are clueless to what his weakness is. He was right, it is Alex.  Funny Alex's was being at the bottom of the class.

I need Caleb to appear!

Alex being the weakness was so obvious since they've spent their whole undercover mission bickering and talking together in full view of the public.

Ryan telling lame deer jokes might have been the most I ever liked him.  Go figure.

Once again, another test that ends up being more then meets the eye.  Owen was just using the cadets weaknesses to fuck with their heads, which admittedly isn't hard to do.  Yawn!  Blair Underwood continues to be wasted in this role.

At this point, I'm not sure how Miranda is anything but a bad guy, unless the villains have some kind of leverage over her.  At least Shelby knows the truth, but what can she really do, at this point?

Doyle's really the only character I'm kind of interested, and a lot of it is likely Russell Tovey's performance.  He's doing a way better job then over half of the originals.

The cliffhanger at the end was cracking me up.  Sure, show.  I totally believe that next week is going to kick off with Alex mowing down everyone like a Terminator.  They'll probably just find some other dumb way for her to survive.  Maybe the hair will blind them.

• Love 2

Am I supposed to care about the former Mexican prisoner and the south african lawyer?  Cause I don't and I wish they'd stop trying to make that happen.

I continue to be baffled by the accents for these recruits.  This show obviously plays fast and loose with reality (i.e. picking up Swahili) but for some reason I can't get past all of these foreigners.  I know they paid lip service to it but it I feel like the producers of this show decided they had to have the most diverse cast in television and they didn't spend any time trying to find reasons to justify it.  I mean its great how diverse the cast is but to me its getting in the way of the story.  

Edited by MV007
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Once again, another test that ends up being more then meets the eye.  Owen was just using the cadets weaknesses to fuck with their heads, which admittedly isn't hard to do. 

I mean really, who could have predicted that?  It's totally not suspicious that a man out to kill you escapes from prison on the very day you're being measured for stress.  Or your would's greatest terrorist ex-partner reaches out to you from the grave.  On the very day you're being measured for stress.    Or one of the instructors mysteriously tells you they need additional medical tests.  On the very. fucking. day. you''re being measured for stress.  Nope, no one could ever suspect anything might be up.  These people are supposed to be training to be James Bond but they're more clueless than the dimmest bimbo Bond ever boffed.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Is there a meaning behind the episode titles?

According to Wikipedia, most of them are CIA codes to identify persons, places or operations.  Some, like Kudove are apparently real codes.  Others appear to use a known prefix.  This week's episode is a reference to Langly, which is the only one that makes sense as that's where the recruits went this week.  I don't know how Lipstick fits in...other than maybe some scriptwriter getting distracted by Alex's fab purple shade.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2016 at 1:58 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The cliffhanger at the end was cracking me up.  Sure, show.  I totally believe that next week is going to kick off with Alex mowing down everyone like a Terminator.  They'll probably just find some other dumb way for her to survive.  Maybe the hair will blind them.

Alex will flip her hair slow motion like in a shampoo commercial and all the baddies will fall in love immediately and drop their weapons. We have seem much more stupid things happen on this show.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 2:52 PM, marcee said:

No, HIV PrEP is preparation... "it's the use of anti-HIV medication that keeps HIV negative people from becoming infected." It's simply to lower risk.

Forgot that he said "prep"! Why someone would put themselves through that is beyond me, but OK, whatever.

Tovey's character is HIV +? Wouldn't that be a problem with field assignments? I have trouble enough getting meds far enough in advance for vacation trips. I assume CIA jobs are even more spur-of-the-moment.

I was thinking a similar thing about the wedding planner who is married with 2 kids. One, why wasn't that used as her weakness? Two, they said if they die, then no one really knows the truth (they were CIA in training or CIA agents), even their family. So, what is she telling her family about her extended absence? How is she going to explain suddenly disappearing (to go on an assignment)? Three, if she is this famous celebrity wedding planner (4 Kardashian weddings), how can she be a nameless CIA agent? (I know, Alex is a celebrity too, haha). Four, she supposedly was recruited to participate in top secret testing of mind skills. That's how the CIA found her?

I am just finding it so hard to believe a successful married business woman with 2 children would be willing to give all that up and jeopardize her family's safety in order to become a CIA agent. Now we find out she's the one who bugged the CIA farmhouse? Methinks the wedding planner, married with kids is all a cover story.

Everything else this week seemed, blah.

• Love 2