Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E27: Abby, You're Fired!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Abby punishes the minis for their poor performance and awards the elites their first solos of the season; Jill infuriates Abby when she makes a decision about Kendall's music; the media uncovers secrets from one mother's past.

None of the solos were good.

Kalani did well with what she got. Her dancing was great and her technique is beautiful. It was that outfit or whatever the hell that was played a huge part in her getting 4th place. It looked like she was out there in her bra and underwear! She needed mature choreography and a more better costume because it looks like she was rushed on stage before changing. Kalani is amazing but this number didn't show it.

Kendall's solo was YAWN........ she's such a boring dancer. No passion, poor technique, blank emotionless faces, she always looks scared when she dances. Jill is so delusional. Kendall shined? Right... Jill she shined all the way down to 7th place. LOL

JoJo's solo was AWFUL. It's no surprise she didn't place. JoJo's technique is horrible and she doesn't hit the moves hard enough. Her turns were also sloppy. JoJo is not a good dancer. Jessalyn is another delusional nutcase. She thinks JoJo is this amazing dancer and she's not! Elliana carried last week's duet, not JoJo who was flailing around the stage like a clown. There's a reason JoJo never places 99% percent of the time. She doesn't practice, train or take extra classes outside the show. JoJo is too busy taking duckface selfies on Instagram and making Youtube videos.

Not surprising that the two mothers on the team who talk the most shit, have the worst dancers on the team.

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 9

This week was a snooze fest without the minis - glad to see them in classes tho. The storyline about Kendall's music career (?) was stupid. She can't dance - she can't act - she can't sing - even watching Jojo's music video - Kendall can't even portray a mean girl and she should be able to because she is often one. Holly and Jill fought long ago about with Holly about how Kendall being managed by Abby was the best thing.

Bringing up the Kira charges as new - again those were brought out long ago and are old news. They've been discussed on the show many times before. Jill thinking Abby for giving the girls solos that show their strengths - ah Jill wasn't it you and Jess needling Kira that this dance didn't showcase Kalani  - not once but 2 or 3 times durig this episode?

Holly is turning into a mean mom again. The elite moms were pretty rude when Abby said the minis wouldn't be dancing. They were rude coming into the mini class and creating a ruckus - just 2 weeks ago - they were falling all over themselves that the girls won without Abby's help. And Holly - what do you mean there hasn't been any drama until the minis arrived. The past 6 seasons have been nothing but drama.

Abby since most of your competitions were fake - of course Maddie would come in first most of the time - when they have to really compete - we see your kids are no better than anyone elses. Let's get past Maddie and Mack.

Jojo's dance - horrible - although the kid can portray. Kalani is beautiful but I didn't like the dance at all. The choreography was bad. Kendall was a hot mess. - Had Kalani done that - every line would have been straight - every move completed and stretched. This was definitely not the piece to give to her.

I liked the minecraft dance but Kendall always has her mouth open. It looks like she's smirking while all the others are straight faced and in character. When will she ever leave the ALDC so I can enjoy the show without her and her mom.

• Love 4

I think this is going to be my last episode of Dance Mom's.  I really cannot stand the moms!  I am thinking back to my dance school teacher, Mary Bruce, who was about 5 ft tall, if that, but she was large and in charge in her dance studio and nobody and I mean nobody would talk to her, yell at her, or try to tell her how to run her classes.  I know it was practically 100 years ago but I can't imagine it to be productive to act the way those moms act.  It's a wonder that those kids don't talk crazy to Abbey because their moms do right in front of them.

I might run in here every now and again to see what the streets (you all) are saying.  You posters make things more interesting anyways.  Ok, see you in the other forums.

• Love 1

JoJo may have personality, but she isn't a strong dancer.  Not strong enough to make a career out of it, like Kalani or Maddie.  I haven't heard JoJo's "music" but I don't have any great expectations based on hearing Mackenzie and Kendall's "songs" over the years.  Nia's music career may not go beyond her time on Dance Mom's, but at least her videos have good production value (i.e. Abby was not in charge of any of it).

I'm tired of watching Kendall clomp around on stage.  She can't dance.

• Love 2

I really don't like the glittery bra tops on teen girls. It looks like they're on stage in their underwear, and makes me uncomfortable watching them. A dance costume for a kid shouldn't look like it came off the rack at Fredricks of Hollywood. 

If they'd given Kalani Kendall's dance, or even just Kendall's costume, she would have placed higher. I admit I found the "teen doesn't have a costume" to be a yawn because they did the same thing with Brooke years ago.

Minecraft was big among kids here about 2-3 years ago. Pokémon is a lot more trendy right now. 

• Love 1

Jill and Jess are so incredibly nasty, I'm not sure I can even watch this anymore. They are like a pack of wild animals, turning on each other and everyone in their path. I know they have to tow the line for TV, but if I were Abby I would tell the lot of them to return when they are not at each other's throat. Why the hell are they picking on Kira now? I hope Kira takes Kalani somewhere else where she can be given some quality instruction and opportunities. And I feel bad for saying it but I can't stand JoJo. She is too old to be wearing huge bows and talking like a toddler. She is an average dancer and probably would fare better in an acting class. 

• Love 6

There has to be a script for any of these mothers to try and claim that there was no drama before X got here.  There has been drama from day one.  From everyone.

I really don't get what Kalani gets by sticking around this mess.  Is everyone on this planet supposed to pretend that Kalani versus Kendall versus Jojo is an actual fight?  Kalani could outdance both of them, both in terms of technique and emotional performance, while blindfolded.   I guess I just don't see how it serves Kalani for this show to pretend she's actually less talented than she is.   Is that going to get her real dance jobs?  Since she's one of the only girls not going after a pop career, I assume she wants to actually be a working dancer.  I get why the less talented girls like Kendall and Jojo would do it since the show pretends they are more talented than they are, but trading down?

I also was a bit worried Kalani was going to fall out of her little bra top last night.

• Love 4

I've heard that Kalani is doing a lot of choreography and teaching at the studio right now. Despite the fact she'll have a career as a dancer - I think she's taking advantage of leaning those other skills because a dancer's longevity doesn't last forever. Plus the money isn't bad for a 15 yr old and she goes home and takes classes at her original studio during break.

• Love 1

Kendall has zero emotion. Her face is just always flat and blank. She doesn't act. She doesn't sing any better than any other girl her age. If she had more talent, I'd see where her mother's passion came from. And I hate to say that. But, really, she just comes across as wanting to be famous and sullen all the time. 

• Love 6

I can't believe the moms had the nerve to cheer about the minis not getting a dance, and then turned around said they were never rude. I could excuse if they were polite at pyramid, the gave a private interview that they knew it sounded bad but they were happy. But outright cheering was terrible. The mini moms are annoying with how they always try and bait the moms, but still.

Was Kalani wearing an actual bra, and not even a top that looked like a bra? I actually thought her dance looked pretty mature.  I get her thinking the chair was childish, but I thought there was a sexual vibe to it.

Holly really doesn't get to talk about her professional character. Also, she's clearly insane if she believes there was no drama before the minis got there. I loved the montage of moms being awful.

i loved Abby admitting that the minis were the only ones in their age group last week.

• Love 3

I can remember a time when one of my favorite LIfetime shows was killed with over 2 million viewers.  How things have changed.  An opinion only, but this is only the third week of sub one million viewers.  They may be hoping for a rebound and will probably air the rest of the already filmed episodes.  Whether they film any more is likely under serious discussion at this point.  The rate of viewer drop-off on all TV is making it harder for me to track the smaller networks.  I also have almost completely stopped watching and tracking Lifetime. 

For the big four networks the cancellation point has dropped to around a .7 rating.  It feels like just a couple of years ago that was a 1.5 except on Friday.  I hate to say it but a .2 or .3 could now be the cancellation point on networks like Lifetime and TLC.  The CW was at about .2 on renewals last year.  If that's the case, Lifetime will continue to hang onto this dreck.  What may be more important is the position among cable shows of the night.  This episode was 22/150.  That isn't bad for the show.

• Love 1

Is it me, or are the dances just getting stupider and stupider with absolute no point to them. Most of the dances this season have been terrible. Haven't been impressed by any of them. Seriously a dance based on a video game? In the Teen Division? Are you kidding me? Give the minis the Minecraft routine for gods sake. If the elite girls competed in a real competition they would probably place last, and I'm not just saying that.

• Love 5

So the show did entice me to discover Jojo's music video, and it's just as cheap, shoddy, desperate, and devoid of talent as I expected. It even has Jess' pig face shoehorned into it. I, personally, would've recast that part with someone not startlingly hideous, but maybe thats what they were going for. 

Kendall has a face like a mask and the personality of a doorknob. Were her mother not insane, she'd be gone. I don't know what the hope is for her, entertainment career wise.

I don't care about the minis. The moms are coming in too hot. It's taken Jill years to get this delusional and frustrated. You can't just start at batshit and expect us to hook in.

Is Abby going to the slammer IRL? I wish she'd get going.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NoirDetective said:

So the show did entice me to discover Jojo's music video, and it's just as cheap, shoddy, desperate, and devoid of talent as I expected. It even has Jess' pig face shoehorned into it. I, personally, would've recast that part with someone not startlingly hideous, but maybe thats what they were going for. 

I just watched it too. This sounds terrible, but I am so sick of songs about underdogs standing up to haters/mean girls/etc. And was JoJo even singing? It sounded like she was just talking while music played in the background.

I mean, I like JoJo. I do. But that video sucked.

Funny how we dislike the show - the girls - their projects - but we're all on here every week talking and complaining about them as are probably most of their viewers - but in the long run - their still taking home a check because of us.

True! But I prefer to think they're taking home a check because these mothers have sold their kids into the Hollywood slave trade. And I figure whatever check they get for demeaning themselves and their families on TV week after week is probably about what they'd earn demeaning their kids week after week in regional meat dress commercials without my attention, so I consider it a wash.

But really, what bargaining power could these people have? They'd pay to be on this show, so it wouldn't surprise me if they get peanuts.

• Love 2

Oh dear JoJo. She's just not a talented dancer. The passion and energy that worked for her at 9 does not work at 12. Energy is all she has going for her yet still nowadays her moves are lacklustre so that's gone as well. 

As for Kendall, that girl is NEVER going to be able to perform. When she was little there was potential... it might have all clicked one day... well it hasn't. Now it's clear she's just not got it. She's a below average dancer I say, based on her being so completely devoid of presence. Yes her turns are good but it's not enough. I wish Kalani had had that dance. And the idea that Kendall will be a pop star is a serious joke.

Kalani. What is going on there? Like others said, WHY is she on the show pretending to be worse than she is, being pitted against Kendall and JoJo with the illusion of actual competition? Why doesn't Kira care? I was surprised - although it was obvious - when she outwardly stated she'd never compete anything Kalani had done there. Are they simply there then because Kalani really wants to be? And why does she? She doesn't strike me as fame hungry like JoJo and Kendall. Weird one.

Holly lost the plot several years ago, I just find it maddening that she's lost all rational so much she can't even take a long hard look at herself. You need to, Doctor Holly.

• Love 6

For Kalani maybe she's there for college money and some wish for fame on mama's part?  Holly I've never understood.  Nia is a delightful young lady, but I don't think she's going to be a future big name in anything performance related. 

• Love 3

The video sucked and JoJo can't sing for shit, let alone talk properly. Jill's hideous Donald Trump face was in the video for a few seconds and Kendall playing what else the mean girl. The idea of any of these girls becoming Pop Stars is a joke. Remember Brooke's awful Summer Love video and don't me started on Mack Z (cringe....) or Nia and Kendall's crappy music videos from last season. Bleh....

• Love 3

Kendall doesn't even play a mean girl convincingly in Jojo's video.  Considering some of the behavior we've seen on the show, couldn't she just channel that?

The less said about any of these girls music careers the better, though Nia is the best of the lot IMO.  In at least she performs with some personality and I don't want to gouge my eyes out.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3

In my opinion Kalani has always been the most beautiful dancer on this ridiculous show and that includes the "great" Maddie. Her lines are beautiful and she just performs whatever drek is thrown at her and makes the best of it. Of course YMMV. 

• Love 7

Kira used to fight for Kalani. When Kalani was first on the show, she kept asking why she was never put up against Maddie in solos.

But man, these moms are just awful. If I didn't know better, i'd imagine they were 15 year old girls in high school.

• Love 5
On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 1:54 PM, spanana said:

There has to be a script for any of these mothers to try and claim that there was no drama before X got here.  There has been drama from day one.  From everyone.

I really don't get what Kalani gets by sticking around this mess.  Is everyone on this planet supposed to pretend that Kalani versus Kendall versus Jojo is an actual fight?  Kalani could outdance both of them, both in terms of technique and emotional performance, while blindfolded.   I guess I just don't see how it serves Kalani for this show to pretend she's actually less talented than she is.   Is that going to get her real dance jobs?  Since she's one of the only girls not going after a pop career, I assume she wants to actually be a working dancer.  I get why the less talented girls like Kendall and Jojo would do it since the show pretends they are more talented than they are, but trading down?

I also was a bit worried Kalani was going to fall out of her little bra top last night.

Kira is a fame whore. 

• Love 4
On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 8:00 AM, NoirDetective said:

True! But I prefer to think they're taking home a check because these mothers have sold their kids into the Hollywood slave trade. And I figure whatever check they get for demeaning themselves and their families on TV week after week is probably about what they'd earn demeaning their kids week after week in regional meat dress commercials without my attention, so I consider it a wash.

But really, what bargaining power could these people have? They'd pay to be on this show, so it wouldn't surprise me if they get peanuts.

I was watching Cory Feldman. He said there's a lot of pedophiles in entertainment. His mother wanted fame instead of protecting him. Sad.  I hope the girls Koms have sense

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:54 AM, DoctorWhovian said:

Kira used to fight for Kalani. When Kalani was first on the show, she kept asking why she was never put up against Maddie in solos.

But man, these moms are just awful. If I didn't know better, i'd imagine they were 15 year old girls in high school.

It was a good thing Kalani had time establishing herself before having to compete against Maddie! I don't think she ever won one matchup! Kira should have pulled back the "stage mom" routine a long time ago since as beautiful a dancer Kalani might be she's never excelled going back to "ALUDC" years ago where Abby had to save her again and again! The only reason she's made the show is because there were some ejections; Brooke, Paige, then Chloe! K & K were both quite fortunate to make the show and have taken advantage of that chance! Without the show Kira might be in jail for all we know! It seemed to save her from a life of crime! ;-)

• Love 1