Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 First Looks etc.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I can't help but think this is from something in her past.  Maybe because she was a cocktail waitress and entertainer (her words), or because she married Mr. Moneybags, several years her senior?  Brandi did the same thing when she first came on the show.  No one called Brandi a slut until she did first at the party where her son peed by the pool.  They assumed, for whatever reason, that they would be judged as sluts or whores, yet no one (except Kim's classic "slut pig") called either one a slut or a whore.  Style choices?  Self appointed sexiness? Insecurities? Interesting.

Maybe it is as simple as Erika projecting?

1 minute ago, 55Unicorns said:

Isn't it real HOUSEWIVES?

Yes, it is but the shows premise was/is not just about the women themselves but also about their families, otherwise we would never see any of their families at all.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Keeping track of and/or distinguishing between Ericka Girardi and Ericka Jayne isn't that hard or complicated.

It's really not.

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Apparently her co-stars who actually know her find it to be. 

Perhaps demonstrating that some of those co-stars are not terribly bright.

Edited by steelcitysister
mmmm, the whole clarity thing....
  • Love 7
On 4/11/2017 at 6:29 PM, WireWrap said:

Each time she said that she also said she did not think it was done on purpose and her saying her entire thought on camera doesn't mean she was trying to imply anything other than what she said, which was she did not think Erika did anything on purpose! Erika throws out "barbs" as well, heck, they all do. Dorit's biggest fault is that she is making rookie/newbie mistakes is saying/talking/sharing/gossiping too much on camera.

Really, Erika needs this storyline this season because she has little of her private life that she/they are willing to share. The glam squad isn't all that interesting, her mother was a 1 short blip on 1 episode and Tom has only made 2 appearances this season, so brief that if you blinked, you missed him. If we go by what Erika has been selling us, this show is about Erika G and not based on her EJ personality/life but then she shares almost nothing of her EG life. LOL

Please, if there is a God in heaven, don't make me post the convo the next morning between Dorit and PK again. Even I think I am starting to become annoying by constantly posting it whenever someone says that she never alluded at any time to the fact that it might have been a purposeful act. Whenever it is posted that she said she didn't think it was done on purpose. At what point in that convo did she ever say she did not think it was done on purpose? Is saying, "I don't know if the flash was intentional" the same thing? Not to me. It is throwing out the probability and getting the pantygate party started. Just as planned. 

• Love 6

Light bulb moment....this just made me realize why I have a bit of a soft spot for Rinna...she and Eileen seem to be real friends - they have each other backs, not afraid to say "you f'ed up", can laugh at themselves with each other, etc. They also don't give subtle digs behind each others back. I like that in a friend

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I bet this is about what Kyle said to Dorit about the panty gift.

12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Please, if there is a God in heaven, don't make me post the convo the next morning between Dorit and PK again. Even I think I am starting to become annoying by constantly posting it whenever someone says that she never alluded at any time to the fact that it might have been a purposeful act. Whenever it is posted that she said she didn't think it was done on purpose. At what point in that convo did she ever say she did not think it was done on purpose? Is saying, "I don't know if the flash was intentional" the same thing? Not to me. It is throwing out the probability and getting the pantygate party started. Just as planned. 

You believe she "alluded" to it, I and others, do not.

11 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Light bulb moment....this just made me realize why I have a bit of a soft spot for Rinna...she and Eileen seem to be real friends - they have each other backs, not afraid to say "you f'ed up", can laugh at themselves with each other, etc. They also don't give subtle digs behind each others back. I like that in a friend

When has Eileen told Rinna she "F up" to her face or visa versa? I believe Eileen says things along that line in her THs but not to Rinna's face. LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Please, if there is a God in heaven, don't make me post the convo the next morning between Dorit and PK again.  

There is and He thinks Flashgate has gone on far too long, as well. ;-D

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Eileen's face when chatting on the sofa with Rinna pretty much said gurl, you f'ed up. I didn't need to hear her exact words her grunt and expression said it all.

But she doesn't say it to Rinna's face, ever, only in her THs does she admit that Rinna crosses a line. Which only reinforces Rinna in her ugly/nasty/lying behaviors because she thinks Eileen cosigns with any and all she does/says.

• Love 5

Count me as another who finds it hard to keep track of which Erika we are seeing at any given time. It's clear she's Girardi when the boss is around, but other than that I find the lines are quite blurred.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think you can tell all the other women felt Kim was going overboard - even LVP tries to comfort Rinna in the clip. And Kyle is doing her patented "how deeply can I hide in plain sight" reaction to Kim's shenanigans.

I don't like Kim but I don't care that she went low in giving the bunny back after Rinna put it out there that Kim was "this close to death", that she was "mostly (aka not) sober" and that Kyle "enables" her to a stranger, things that rank lower than giving back a toy that wasn't given with good/honest intentions in the first place. Rinna acted like she gave the bunny after she/Kim made up and that just isn't true at all, Rinna only did it out of guilt and to soften Kim/Kyle up because she knew they were about to call her out on her lies.

• Love 7

I don't get why Rinna is crying either. I say good for Kim for returning the bunny. I wouldn't want it! I think Rinna is just trying to score sympathy. Her acting skills are being used to generate those tears.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think you can tell all the other women felt Kim was going overboard - even LVP tries to comfort Rinna in the clip.

Yes, that moment was weird. Pinky Pump's "comforting" seemed a bit PA, tho.

And Kyle is doing her patented "how deeply can I hide in plain sight" reaction to Kim's shenanigans.

O, Kyle -- slinking into the cushions isn't a good look. Hold that head high. You remain, as ever, so very limited.

Seriously, Rinna expects us to believe she is so hurt, so upset over the returned bunny that she gets all teary and has to walk off?? Wow. What a little actress she is. Maybe Eileen can get HER a role on her soap. She has been so awful, hateful and ugly and now her feelings are hurt? It's laughable.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Seriously, Rinna expects us to believe she is so hurt, so upset over the returned bunny that she gets all teary and has to walk off?? Wow. What a little actress she is. Maybe Eileen can get HER a role on her soap. She has been so awful, hateful and ugly and now her feelings are hurt? It's laughable.

I only wish that Eden was there to voice how she felt when Rinna openly mocked her feelings at the finale!

• Love 3

Some questions I have after watching the reunion:

It's not okay to make fun  of Erika for doing something she says she did unintentionally (underpants), but it is okay to make fun of Dorit for something she says she does unintentionally (accent)?  

It's not okay to (my god, in the most indirect, roundabout, non-way ever) to imply that Rinna has a (legal) drug problem, but it is okay to imply that Dorit and her husband do illegal drugs?

It's not okay for Lisa to "hold grudges" but it is okay for Rinna and Erika and Eileen to say they don't but show they do by bringing shiz up over and over?

Bravo managed to dig up footage of Dorit from eight years ago, but couldn't find any from this season showing Rinna and Eileen laughing along about pantygate?

• Love 14
17 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Implying someone is a skank, but saying she wasn't doing it on purpose? Passive-aggressive bitchiness all the way.

Ericka had stuff going on this season without Dorit and Pantygate.

To be fair, Dorit did have a few scenes:

She worked out with PK’s trainer to get her into her before baby bod. I wish they delved into this more with PK basically telling her to suck it up. As you can tell, trainer does a PK bod good - I need to know how those six pack flabs were achieved.

She also talked about the attention to detail she placed as she and PK entertain all the time. Fast forward to her staring and complaining about the flowers for PK’s party (a vase with 3 stems). That was riveting.

I especially loved all of the scenes with the 2 toddlers. Spending the day with mummy to go all the way to the driveway. How long did he cry and grip onto that steering wheel cause he didn’t want to leave with the strange lady?

• Love 8

It's not okay to make fun  of Erika for doing something she says she did unintentionally (underpants), but it is okay to make fun of Dorit for something she says she does unintentionally (accent)?  

Actually, from what we have seen, Dorit's accent is intentional. Intentionally bad, to boot.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

Actually, from what we have seen, Dorit's accent is intentional. Intentionally bad, to boot.

I specifically says "she says", to show I meant "according to her".  That's all we have to go on, her word. Just like all we have to go on is Erika's word that her flashing was unintentional (I also said "she says" re: Erika).  

We don't know how Dorit's brain is wired, so we really can't say with any degree of certainty whether her acquired and affected sounding accent is intentionally faked. She says it isn't, I'm taking her at her word. Just like I am taking Erika at her word that she didn't flash on purpose.  

• Love 6

Except we've now seen a video of Dorit speaking without a British accent. Nothing to with her brain being wired, she is a pretentious phony trying to sound all posh.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

I specifically says "she says", to show I meant "according to her".  That's all we have to go on, her word. Just like all we have to go on is Erika's word that her flashing was unintentional (I also said "she says" re: Erika).  

We don't know how Dorit's brain is wired, so we really can't say with any degree of certainty whether her acquired and affected sounding accent is intentionally faked. She says it isn't, I'm taking her at her word. Just like I am taking Erika at her word that she didn't flash on purpose.  

The video is from Dorit's swimwear show 2013. She was already PK's mistress in 2011. They married in 2015. So I'm gonna say the Wedding Ring sends out  magical hypnotic British accent subliminal messages.....yeah yeah that's the ticket

• Love 4

I'm gonna say the Wedding Ring sends out  magical hypnotic British accent subliminal messages.....yeah yeah that's the ticket

So does having a British penis inserted in you on a semi-regular basis, apparently.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

So does having a British penis inserted in you on a semi-regular basis, apparently.

Maybe that is why she speaks with that faux-British accent now. As good as an excuse as anything else she could try to pull out of her ass.  Her accent has never bothered me, and I've never commented on it because these things can be strange. But she clearly didn't have the accent a mere 3 years ago and she has lived in BH since then. Strange that she would develop this accent now. The thing is, where there is one video of her talking without an accent, there will be more. It is clearly a big deal - an identifying deal to her - as she used it as part of her tag-line. She must think it an important element of her persona. Kind of like pretending to have a lot of money. 

• Love 5

Some people are more accent-prone than others. I'm not one, so it sounds fake and put on to me, but I also know that people have tendency to filter things through their own lenses ie I would be faking it if I were doing it, so she must be, too.  So I let that knowledge temper my opinion.

There are even some solid PTV citizens who posted in the Dorit thread that they find themselves picking up accents, even though not trying to. It just happens for some people.  I can take them at their word, and I can take Dorit at hers. I gave Erika the benefit of the doubt, and I extend the same courtesy to Dorit.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jel said:

Some people are more accent-prone than others. I'm not one, so it sounds fake and put on to me, but I also know that people have tendency to filter things through their own lenses ie I would be faking it if I were doing it, so she must be, too.  So I let that knowledge temper my opinion.

There are even some solid PTV citizens who posted in the Dorit thread that they find themselves picking up accents, even though not trying to. It just happens for some people.  I can take them at their word, and I can take Dorit at hers. I gave Erika the benefit of the doubt, and I extend the same courtesy to Dorit.

I would agree with you if Dorit had an Italian Chinese accent. According to Dorit, she went straight to Italy to live after she graduated and flew to Hong Kong and China every month while working in the Fashion Industry. She said she did this for 15 or 16 years.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I would agree with you if Dorit had an Italian Chinese accent. According to Dorit, she went straight to Italy to live after she graduated and flew to Hong Kong and China every month while working in the Fashion Industry. She said she did this for 15 or 16 years.

Hong Kong was under British rule not that long ago. Lots of people who grew up and were educated in HK have an English sounding accent. Maybe she did have an Italian accent when she lived in Italy, or when she reverted back to speaking English back then. 

Personally, it's hard for me to relate to, because I am not at all accent prone, but I know for sure it's a brain thing to some degree.  There were students in my French classes who could not, no matter how hard they tried, and they tried hard, just could not affect a French accent. If we can accept it's legit that way (as in, they weren't trying to get forced my to spend like 20 extra hours au labo per week to pass the class), why not the other way too?  That's all I'm saying, Maybe it's not as intentional as some think.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Except we've now seen a video of Dorit speaking without a British accent. Nothing to with her brain being wired, she is a pretentious phony trying to sound all posh.

But, can't the same be said of Ericka? I mean, her "real" accent came out when she went to Georgia right? So, the way we hear her talking on the show could also be construed as her being a pretentious phony trying to sound posh, right? It seems to me that we should measure all housewives by the same measuring stick. 

The whole thing is ridiculous anyway. All of these women are pretentious phonies with narcissistic tendancies, it's why they were cast in the first place.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

Hong Kong was under British rule not that long ago. Lots of people who grew up and were educated in HK have an English sounding accent. Maybe she did have an Italian accent when she lived in Italy, or when she reverted back to speaking English back then. 

Personally, it's hard for me to relate to, because I am not at all accent prone, but I know for sure it's a brain thing to some degree.  There were students in my French classes who could not, no matter how hard they tried, and they tried hard, just could not affect a French accent. If we can accept it's legit that way (as in, they weren't trying to get forced my to spend like 20 extra hours au labo per week to pass the class), why not the other way too?  That's all I'm saying, Maybe it's not as intentional as some think.

While this is true Hong Kong went back to China in 1999. Most of the working class in Hong Kong speak British English with a Chinese accent.

All I am saying is that if Dorit is so sensitive in picking up accents because of those she is surrounded by then her accent should be more of a hodge podge of multiple languages. Let's include the nannies and housekeepers who are not British. These are people she spends tons of time with because she is always with her children.

• Love 6

I have a tendency of taking up people's accents if I'm around them for any extended period of time.  My brother in law is from Liverpool and every time I am around him, I will unintentionally say things in his accent.  I imagine I would do it all the time if I saw him on a regular basis.  Doris's accent is crazy, but I can relate to her a little bit.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Jel said:

Its a head scratcher for sure, which is why I have usually stayed away from the topic. Just hard to know for sure. I have been gone from Oklahoma for 20 years, and while my accent has lestened, it is still there. Everyone else in my family left it behind years ago, but I am often still asked where I am from after living in Michigan for 15 years. If I go back to OK for a weekend, I come back to Michigan and no one can understand a damn thing I am saying. It takes me months to loose the drawl. Someone I talked to years ago told me that it's not so much that some people easily pick up accents, but that some people have a hard time getting rid of them. That is what I assumed from Dorit. That she held on to accents she had from her days of traveling the globe. The thing with hearing her speak 3 years ago without any accent at all, changes my perception. If she is one that tends to hold on to her accent, she would have still had it 3 years ago. If she is one that is easily picks up and accent based on her surroundings,  she would sound more like a California gal than someone from the UK. Just doesn't make sense to me. I just think that she is someone who likes the idea of speaking with an accent. 

• Love 2