Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Looking at some dcc tagged pics and I'm sorry, but why does Holly P get crap for weight and Amy T doesn't?  She looks just as 'thick' around the middle as Holly does when dancing. (I think they are both beautiful, fyi, just sayin') 

https://instagram.com/p/8OY68-LfSV/?taken-by=andrewccm

https://instagram.com/p/8J4oFBLfYf/?taken-by=andrewccm

https://instagram.com/p/8OZI7vLfSr/?taken-by=andrewccm

But as noted many times, Holly's hair color is TOO HARSH. yikes!! 

I think they might have fixed Holly's hair!!! She had a pic on her IG last night (not sure if it's private or not, so not taking a chance posting...maybe it shows up on her twitter?) from their pink halftime rehearsal and her hair looks brown again with maybe just a touch of red! it looks sooo much better, I am praying they had a wake up call from the game day pics and scaled it back.  Fingers crossed it wasn't just a filter on her pic lol

Meanwhile, Kashara is KILLING it with her figure! 

https://instagram.com/p/8OYzQMrfSL/?taken-by=andrewccm

ETA:  Holly's DCC twitter account does have some pics from their practice...is it just my imagination that her hair looks less Ariel the Little Mermaid??

https://twitter.com/DCC_HollyP

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1

Yeah, it does look less red in the picture. Now she just needs it to grow a few more inches. I don't think her figure is the issue, but that hair....my god it's bad. She may have the worst hair of any rookie that I can remember. It's kinda funny that they talked about how Madeline's hair was only turn around and royally screw up Holly's hair. At least Madeline was a teenager. So-called professionals thought that color and cut would look good on Holly smh.

It looks like Holly P also had cut her hair again? It looks shorter than her cameo photo. It definitely looks better longer.

If you look through her IG, she has pictures where her hair was much longer. It definitely makes her look younger (I mean, she's 18, so she's already young, but the shorter hair/harsh color age her) and she looks great! She doesn't look like anything special w/ the color (I think it was blond..still better than the red), but the big hair looks good on her.

I just actually went to look at the cameos, and while I know other posters have commented on them, I had no idea how bad they were. I don't know that I like even one of the cameo photos (some are ok), but basically every girl on the team is prettier than you would assume from those photos. I don't ever remember the cameos being this bad before. 

Looking at some dcc tagged pics and I'm sorry, but why does Holly P get crap for weight and Amy T doesn't? She looks just as 'thick' around the middle as Holly does when dancing. (I think they are both beautiful, fyi, just sayin')

https://instagram.com/p/8OY68-LfSV/?taken-by=andrewccm

https://instagram.com/p/8J4oFBLfYf/?taken-by=andrewccm

https://instagram.com/p/8OZI7vLfSr/?taken-by=andrewccm

But as noted many times, Holly's hair color is TOO HARSH. yikes!!

I have been saying how bottom heavy Amy T is since the very first episode and they first showed her dancing in the group of 5 - I can't believe the show never commented once on it, and wow, that photo above makes it look like she's even heavier than I thought - her whole body isn't heavy - just her mid-stomach down - just not an attractive figure IMO. KaShara has a more balanced figure and is just able to carry the weight much better and looks more fit, even though she may be the same size, yet she was called out for weight on the show? - the double standard about this seems kind of odd to me.

I have no idea what to think about Holly weight-wise - sometimes I see photos and videos and she looks thin and in shape, then sometimes she has an actual gut sticking out beyond her shorts and looks very thick. I think our best info though is from the poster who went to a recent game and said she was clearly the biggest of all the girls.

• Love 1

We got on the topic of makeovers on the former DCC board but I had more to say on the current DCCs.

So we have been pretty critical of the makeovers or lack there of this season, at least I have, but sometimes it takes longer than one or two salon visits to get it right. As was discussed on the other board, both Tobie and Brooke went all season (we think) with one hair color (that didn't suit them) and came back with a completely different look the next season.  I guess what I am saying is let's wait and see with everyone's makeovers (Holly specifically), as it will most probably evolve.

Loren has red hair now.  She came to the DCC as a blonde, they made her a brunette and now she is a redhead - and she looks gorgeous!

I've seen it on tv shows and in movies.  Sometimes the first season of a show or the first scenes shot in a film, the actor/actress look different than in following seasons or in scenes that were shot later in the film. Hair/makeup/wardrobe don't get it right at first but do so in the end (most of the time).

I'm going off topic but one last example:

Sarah Jessica Parker hired costume designer Patricia Field and the best hair and make-up in the biz for SEX AND THE CITY (It was shot in NYC after all).  No one had gotten her look right until she did a tiny movie called Miami Rhapsody where Patricia was the costume designer.  For the first time she looked great and how many productions had she be in up to then?  Too many. 

It takes a village.  :0]

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1

We got on the topic of makeovers on the former DCC board but I had more to say on the current DCCs.

So we have been pretty critical of the makeovers or lack there of this season, at least I have, but sometimes it takes longer than one or two salon visits to get it right. As was discussed on the other board, both Tobie and Brooke went all season (we think) with one hair color (that didn't suit them) and came back with a completely different look the next season. I guess what I am saying is let's wait and see with everyone's makeovers (Holly specifically), as it will most probably evolve.

Loren has red hair now. She came to the DCC as a blonde, they made her a brunette and now she is a redhead - and she looks gorgeous!

I've seen it on tv shows and in movies. Sometimes the first season of a show or the first scenes shot in a film, the actor/actress look different than in following seasons or in scenes that were shot later in the film. Hair/makeup/wardrobe don't get it right at first but do so in the end (most of the time).

I'm going off topic but one last example:

Sarah Jessica Parker hired costume designer Patricia Field and the best hair and make-up in the biz for SEX AND THE CITY (It was shot in NYC after all). No one had gotten her look right until she did a tiny movie called Miami Rhapsody where Patricia was the costume designer. For the first time she looked great and how many productions had she be in up to then? Too many.

It takes a village. :0]

Interesting that you mentioned SJP and "Sex and the City," because her look was revamped quite a bit between seasons 1 and 2, not just hair but make up too. This is definitely the case with a lot of the DCCs. I noticed while rewatching the seasons that Holly Arielle had much shorter and thinner hair during her first season and she came back her second season pumped up with more volume and length (I'm assuming extensions). A lot of the girls go through significant makeover changes between their first and second season, so I have a feeling they'll have Holly P's hair figured out by next year. Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Interesting that you mentioned SJP and "Sex and the City," because her look was revamped quite a bit between seasons 1 and 2, not just hair but make up too. This is definitely the case with a lot of the DCCs. I noticed while rewatching the seasons that Holly Arielle had much shorter and thinner hair during her first season and she came back her second season pumped up with more volume and length (I'm assuming extensions). A lot of the girls go through significant makeover changes between their first and second season, so I have a feeling they'll have Holly P's hair figured out by next year.

Agreed! I am still holding to Holly Marie coming back next year looking awesome! I think her body looks slamming in the recent  action shots, even her face looks thinner, and i believe they will figure out her hair.  I will eat my words if she comes back like Hannah lol but I just really like her, haven't rooted for someone like her in a long time. 

Good point too about Holly Arielle.  She didn't stand out at all the first year (tho I read on TWoP that she was rookie of the year which is so cool!!) and now she is just a knock out.  I personally think she is almost another Abigail Klein in beauty and spirit. I hope she gets to be Pro BOwl this year because I have a feeling she will retire soon. 

I'm pretty sure Rachel is a 3rd year vet. I filter everything through Angela. Angela was a rookie in S6 and Rachel made her 1st training camp a year later with Danielle but she had the ACL tear.

That makes S8 her rookie season and S10 her 3rd year.

Edited by SanLynn

Thanks. I kind of thought she was 1 year behind Danielle because of the injury that made her leave TC. I'm guessing she might retire but who knows. Some girls came back after getting married and while others retired. Was Crystal Trevino the only DCC (that I can remember)  who got married while still a DCC?  Seems like most got married right after they retired.

I believe Justine Orf (I cannot find her full name anywhere) got married during her time as a DCC. 

Justine (Phillips?) Orf...?

Cassie also was married while a DCC if I recall.

Got married then did her 5th yr and retired.

A lot of them get married and come back. Angela is one. And I think Holly Arielle got married after or during her first year and she's still around.

I think some just live and breathe DCC and will ride out the 5 years and others are ready to "move on" and get pregnant or get a more demanding job.

I think Rachel will retire.  Didn't we speculate that she was retiring this year then she did show up at auditions?  I can't remember why some of us thought that though lol  Her twitter account went down or she was going through something...shoot, can't recall. 

She seems like someone who will really want to focus on marriage but who knows! I am just super impressed that her knee has held up so well after surgery like that! I mean, she has not had to pull out at all like Ashley Nicole, never seen her wear a brace, etc. 

Cute story though :) She really seems to be well loved by the other girls and upper management.  Impressive since she was late to the first meeting, right? Can't remember if it was second or first time to training camp but I was so embarrassed for her.

I think Rachel will retire. Didn't we speculate that she was retiring this year then she did show up at auditions? I can't remember why some of us thought that though lol Her twitter account went down or she was going through something...shoot, can't recall.

She seems like someone who will really want to focus on marriage but who knows! I am just super impressed that her knee has held up so well after surgery like that! I mean, she has not had to pull out at all like Ashley Nicole, never seen her wear a brace, etc.

Cute story though :) She really seems to be well loved by the other girls and upper management. Impressive since she was late to the first meeting, right? Can't remember if it was second or first time to training camp but I was so embarrassed for her.

Her Twitter switched suddenly to a personal account, different name, picture etc. and she was posting cryptic tweets about having faith. Something definitely happened but it will remain a mystery.
  • Love 1

Her Twitter switched suddenly to a personal account, different name, picture etc. and she was posting cryptic tweets about having faith. Something definitely happened but it will remain a mystery.

thank you! that's what I was referring to. And then her solo at finals looked lame but I guess that isn't fair to say since we see like 30 seconds of them.

I know people are probably sick of me giving props to rookie Holly, but I can’t help it – she’s posted some dance clips recently on her IG and hot dang she is awesome!! She just has the pop and spark that makes you want to watch her all day.  Sometimes her face does look 18 years old but most of the time, she seems so much more mature.  And in the video she posted yesterday, dancing in her apt, her body looks AWESOME. She is ripped and looks like she’s leaned out to me too.  Her hair also looked better. Pleaseeee let it be that she’s continuing to go back to brown.  Anyway, just love her and hope she isn’t like Hannah where she’s a rockstar rookie and disappoints the second time around.

ETA removed link to her IG because it’s private. Sorry!

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2

Looks like Rachel will get married on 10/29/16.

I bet she will retire this year.  She's had a solid run, got onto show group this year (I think it was her first year?)...didn't reinjure herself! I just can't imagine trying to have your wedding during the season!!

Here is my completely unscientific, what do I know, guesses for retirement at the end of the season (I'll do anything to put off writing this research paper):

Angela..really this time

Rachel..getting married

Ashley..knee is screaming "stop!"

Whoever goes to Probowl

Kelsey..if the relationship with the hockey player is serious, she may want the freedom to travel to Calgary when the Flames are at home

Kat..one and done

• Love 1

Here is my completely unscientific, what do I know, guesses for retirement at the end of the season (I'll do anything to put off writing this research paper):

Angela..really this time

Rachel..getting married

Ashley..knee is screaming "stop!"

Whoever goes to Probowl

Kelsey..if the relationship with the hockey player is serious, she may want the freedom to travel to Calgary when the Flames are at home

Kat..one and done

I agree with Angela, Rachel and Ashley Nicole.  At least I hope Ashley N can step away before she ruins her knee.  

Jinelle and Kelsey are my maybes...they both seem to enjoy it but also could be ready to do other things.  Does Jinelle still have a bf in Australia?? Maybe Holly Arielle.  She reminds me of Sydney in the sense that she is young and beautiful and the face of the team so why stop now but it's been five years, all her class will be gone...if she is pro bowl I think she will retire this year. 

I would be super surprised if Kat is back for another year.  Raylee is another one and doner to me.  I thought SImone at first but she seems to be blossoming. 

sorry to disagree about rookie Holly. Seeing her in person confirms her size to me. Its clearlying an ongoing struggle for her. At age 18, she should be in incredible shape. Her body is squat like a gymnast. I would prefer to see her with a really short cut vs long, fake extensions. She has a bubbly enough personality to rock a tight A-line, stacked cut. The DCC have more than enough artificial weaves that anything different is a nice change. Holly does not look 18. Now please don't take this wrong....I bring it up since appearance is a major part of the DCC package. Holly is cute, period. No less but certainly no more. Her head sits directly on her shoulders (no neck)which explains her bad rookie and team pics. She unfortunately has the ability to appear frumpy (unreal when in that skimpy uniform)or middle-aged, and it's not just her hair. Again...Holly is cute but far from the glamour beauties we've come to associate with the DCC.

At a recent home game, within our group, I sampled the males as to which DCC they preferred and why. The results weren't surprising in the least. Danielle is girl-next-door sexy. Jacie is gorgeous, long limber and beautiful face. VetHolly is the total package as is Mary. We had nearly 20 men in our group. Kinzie is lovely and desired by many of the guys. The least popular was rookie Holly who was called average and kind of a chunk. When the DCC perform as a group her dancing isn't as remarkable as in her solos, yet her size is. Amy Is also bigger than the rest. I'm actually surprised they were allowed to perform.

Before anyone decides that I'm mean, let me remind you that the Cowboys organization puts appearance and especially weight in the forefront. It's mentioned constantly with public weigh-ins. I can't understand Rookie Holly and Amy performing recently when they are clearly heavier than all others. In person, our group guessed Holly's age between 27 and 30. I do think she's aware and posts any flattering pick on her instagram. I can't say that I blame her given the team photographers rarely single her out. Swimsuit/calendar shoot has potential to be brutal for her. It all is sad cause the girl can dance and on the majority of sports teams would fit right in regarding her appearance.

• Love 1

sorry to disagree about rookie Holly. Seeing her in person confirms her size to me. Its clearlying an ongoing struggle for her. At age 18, she should be in incredible shape. Her body is squat like a gymnast. I would prefer to see her with a really short cut vs long, fake extensions. She has a bubbly enough personality to rock a tight A-line, stacked cut. The DCC have more than enough artificial weaves that anything different is a nice change. Holly does not look 18. Now please don't take this wrong....I bring it up since appearance is a major part of the DCC package. Holly is cute, period. No less but certainly no more. Her head sits directly on her shoulders (no neck)which explains her bad rookie and team pics. She unfortunately has the ability to appear frumpy (unreal when in that skimpy uniform)or middle-aged, and it's not just her hair. Again...Holly is cute but far from the glamour beauties we've come to associate with the DCC.

At a recent home game, within our group, I sampled the males as to which DCC they preferred and why. The results weren't surprising in the least. Danielle is girl-next-door sexy. Jacie is gorgeous, long limber and beautiful face. VetHolly is the total package as is Mary. We had nearly 20 men in our group. Kinzie is lovely and desired by many of the guys. The least popular was rookie Holly who was called average and kind of a chunk. When the DCC perform as a group her dancing isn't as remarkable as in her solos, yet her size is. Amy Is also bigger than the rest. I'm actually surprised they were allowed to perform.

Before anyone decides that I'm mean, let me remind you that the Cowboys organization puts appearance and especially weight in the forefront. It's mentioned constantly with public weigh-ins. I can't understand Rookie Holly and Amy performing recently when they are clearly heavier than all others. In person, our group guessed Holly's age between 27 and 30. I do think she's aware and posts any flattering pick on her instagram. I can't say that I blame her given the team photographers rarely single her out. Swimsuit/calendar shoot has potential to be brutal for her. It all is sad cause the girl can dance and on the majority of sports teams would fit right in regarding her appearance.

I appreciate your insight as someone who has seem them in person! I still love Holly P and think she is adorable but I also know pictures can be misleading (though she does look awesome and fit in the VIDEOS she posts too??? so weird if that's not the case in person!)...I will keep hoping she can be accepted like Kandi Harris was because of the performance quality. 

Crazy that two of their best dancers could potentially have weight issues that keep them out of performing.  I also worry about Megan C (the other show group rookie) because genes are clearly not on her side.  Will be interesting to see what happens next season...

Also adding that I do not think you are mean for your comments :) We all know that looks and figure are at the top of the pole when it comes to DCC.  It's not personal, it's business.