Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

You best not have issues with Mennonites, since I'm one and it would just really hurt my feelings. Also, Mennonites make the best jam. And what's more important in life than jam?

Anyway, I'm really off topic again, so bye. Gotta go churn some butter.

Me too! And my spinning lacks finesse, but I'll bow to no one over my whoopee pies!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Im not sure what Melissa does, but I definitely don't mean to imply that none of the DCCs have "real" jobs or that it's impossible. Teaching is definitely a "real" job, and there have been DCCs who were teachers. It just seems like it would be difficult in many 8 to 5 jobs (many of which where it is expected that you will stay late or work weekends if necessary) to maintain your work load while also being a DCC. K&J act like DCC should be priority #1, yet that won't fly with many companies if you're a full time employee. The Kyndall situation comes to mind.

I remember Melissa Rycroft telling Shelbi that she worked a 8-5 job when she was in TC.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2017 at 5:31 PM, StarGazer00 said:

Jessica, Jennifer, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, and Jax are all I know of or I think we speculated from social media posts

Wow - so many girls w/ weight issues on that list - Jessica is only one who didn't.   That can't be a coincidence.

• Love 3

Re: the dancing of Madeline, Holly and Erika a few pages back...  Madeline is very good at that spastic hip hop style, but her jazz/lyrical/ballet/acro type dancing is really lacking good technique - she has a good natural rythym and performance quality, but the studio of her moms could not have been very good cause she has very immature placement in any ballet-based style.

Holly has MUCH better technique than Madeline - her dance training must have been top notch, but her "look at me" style really annoys me personally that I don't enjoy watching her.

Erica is absolutely perfect as a dancer IMO -excellent technique and performance ability, and I actually enjoy watching her dance.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Re: the dancing of Madeline, Holly and Erika a few pages back...  Madeline is very good at that spastic hip hop style, but her jazz/lyrical/ballet/acro type dancing is really lacking good technique - she has a good natural rythym and performance quality, but the studio of her moms could not have been very good cause she has very immature placement in any ballet-based style.

Or she never got the attention or corrections needed in classes taught by others because she was the studio owner's daughter.  It could be that the teachers in those classes were afraid to correct her because they didn't want to lose their positions by correcting her.  She could have learned the information by taking classes and watching others get corrected but never getting corrected herself and thus not knowing that some of the things she was doing was wrong.  If this is the case, she could really benefit from taking beginner ballet and lyrical classes at a studio that works with dancers going on to a professional career so that her technique gets help.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow - so many girls w/ weight issues on that list - Jessica is only one who didn't.   That can't be a coincidence.

Exactly. Like, I'm sure they're just over trying to fit the mold when they're getting older and their bodies are just like "...girl please."

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Has Jax had weight issues??? I feel like she has always been pretty trim? 

Never, girl has a rock solid body. I think she was referring to Megan/Melissa and in the early season Danielle/Jenn K/Amy

• Love 1
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Probably not, but most of them are also post college and probably ready to do something else. Jax cheered for two pro teams, so she's probably over it, too.

39 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Has Jax had weight issues??? I feel like she has always been pretty trim? 

I agree with you @LaurenBrook, I have always thought that Jax is one of their stronger dancers and she is pretty.  But I will say that I recently saw a video on her Instagram where for the first time ever I thought, the woman has hips!  Mind you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as I said she is very pretty and a great dancer; but it might mean that she fights a little harder through the season to stay in DCC form.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Probably not, but most of them are also post college and probably ready to do something else. Jax cheered for two pro teams, so she's probably over it, too.

Which other pro team did Jax cheer for? I know she was an LSU Golden Girl, but I didn't know she had cheered for another pro team.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Which other pro team did Jax cheer for? I know she was an LSU Golden Girl, but I didn't know she had cheered for another pro team.

I feel like we all get Jax and Bess confused. Bess was a raiderette, Jax was LSU golden girl and that's it I think.

7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I feel like we all get Jax and Bess confused. Bess was a raiderette, Jax was LSU golden girl and that's it I think.

Gotcha. I was so disappointed in myself for a second that my DCC knowledge had faltered, haha.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is KaShara's IG public or private? i follow her so not sure...did a double take at her latest pic though...it may just be reversed but girl has a blingy ring on THAT FINGER!!!! 

Is it the one for the jewelry boutique? maybe it's theirs? I don't want to unfollow in case she is private lol

8 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is KaShara's IG public or private? i follow her so not sure...did a double take at her latest pic though...it may just be reversed but girl has a blingy ring on THAT FINGER!!!! 

She's public. The pic is hash tagged with a jeweler though so I think it was probably a photo shoot or paid promo for them.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, StarGazer00 said:

Jessica, Jennifer, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, and Jax are all I know of or I think we speculated from social media posts

What do you guys think about Tasha? I just DONT see her coming back for whatever reason... possibly because she just seems disinterested in the organization from her posts on Instagram. (More so interested in her instagram modeling career.) if she does come back it wouldn't surprise me if she got cut. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

What do you guys think about Tasha? I just DONT see her coming back for whatever reason... possibly because she just seems disinterested in the organization from her posts on Instagram. (More so interested in her instagram modeling career.) if she does come back it wouldn't surprise me if she got cut. 

I agree that she seems "disinterested".  I think it's a case of what DCC can do for Tasha rather than what Tasha can do for the  DCC org. There is a pic on @itsmood Instagram from a recent class at Valley Ranch. On it she looks so much older than all the other DCCs. In that pic she looks like someone in their 40s. I know she is young but she looks "hard" perhaps frozen is a better word. 

• Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised if Tasha doesn't make it back next year.  I do think she's on the squad for the networking opportunities it can get her and not for the whole team aspect.  If Kelli and Judy pick up on that whole "it's all about ME!" aspect of her and watch her to make sure that it's not something people say just because, then it might be over for Team Tasha.  It all depends though, if Tasha notices she's being watched.  If she does, then she'll turn it out to stay on the team as long as she can to get maximum exposure (in the networking/marketing sense).  If she doesn't (and Kelli and Judy don't think she's bringing anything extra to the squad), then she's toast.

JMHO.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tasha doesn't make it back next year.  I do think she's on the squad for the networking opportunities it can get her and not for the whole team aspect.  If Kelli and Judy pick up on that whole "it's all about ME!" aspect of her and watch her to make sure that it's not something people say just because, then it might be over for Team Tasha.  It all depends though, if Tasha notices she's being watched.  If she does, then she'll turn it out to stay on the team as long as she can to get maximum exposure (in the networking/marketing sense).  If she doesn't (and Kelli and Judy don't think she's bringing anything extra to the squad), then she's toast.

JMHO.

I agree. She doesn't really seem to "fit in" much with the rest of the girls either, but hey..if she's a great dancer, I guess that's really all that matters. The only reason I see her coming back is because her life is in Dallas now. Like..she's not about to just up and go back to where she came from..so it's kind of her "something to do" now.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah, never was a fan of Tasha and her Barbie like ways .... if she gets cut or retires, I don't think I would cry about it.  Isn't she older though and maybe that's why she seems uninterested?

Pretty sure last year she said she was 25 so she's now probabaly 26. She's not old, but I guessing since she's married and has a daughter she's older in a life experience sense. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Pretty sure last year she said she was 25 so she's now probabaly 26. She's not old, but I guessing since she's married and has a daughter she's older in a life experience sense. 

WAIT...HOLD UP Tasha is my age? WTF...I just googled and got confirmation that she really is my age. Damn...I thought she was 30.

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Dang. I would have thought that too. There are a few over the years that I will never understand. She's one.

Maybe it's the fake tan...

Tasha's make up def ages her.  I actually enjoy her IG stories because a lot of times she isn't wearing much make up (except the lipstick she's now selling lol...tho I admit that stuff looks legit) and is just very cute and down to earth.  I think the best way to describe Tasha is she is a product of her environment.  As I've mentioned before, you just need to see pics of her mom and family and you'll go ah....gotcha. 

I still like her; not maybe so much as a DCC (I agree now that the season is over that she's kind of a different fit), but as a person I think she seems sweet and her relationship with her daughter is so cute.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I think it is Tasha's makeup that makes her look older. Too much make up makes you look older. She needs a more natural look. I'm older than her (27) and wouldve thought she was at least 5 yrs older than me. 

I must be getting old myself (hint: I am), since Tasha looks so young to me.  I think it's her smile, she just looks like a beautiful early-20s girl with a good-natured smile.  It's the smiles that always get me anyway though, it's the prettiest part of any girl IMO, with or without Barbie-pink lipstick (she has my sympathy there, I tend to like pinks when I do wear lipstick).

Also, @QuiteContraryMoni and @LaurenBrook, you lovelies make me smile every time I come on here.  And laugh.  And occasionally just lose it entirely and put my laptop screen in danger of displaying tea instead of guilty dog videos, which would be a tragedy, because they're the cutest (and also I can't afford to replace my screen - again ?).

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I watched someone's youtube review of the lipsense and she said they were very smelly and they burned on her lips

Yeah apparently they make a claim of "exfoliating" all the old lipstick that's "built up" on your lips, but really they just contain alcohol and make your lips peel.

1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Yeah apparently they make a claim of "exfoliating" all the old lipstick that's "built up" on your lips, but really they just contain alcohol and make your lips peel.

what if you don't wear lipstick like LOL they can't claim to remove old lipstick if you never wear it

15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I watched someone's youtube review of the lipsense and she said they were very smelly and they burned on her lips

are they supposed to be something kind of like a lip ink/stain?  I've found that those can be really difficult to get right - also, they can be really sticky, too, especially the ones that are supposed to be able to double as a cheek stain.  The only one that didn't work that way for me was Benetint back in the day, and I couldn't wear that because it dried my lips, and also simultaneously bled color.  Armani has a new lip-ink line (Lip Magnet?) though that is AMAZING - and they have a Tasha-pink shade.  Thought of her the minute I saw it ?

giorgio-armani-lip-magnet-502

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

How I feel when I say a bunch of bitchy crap about someone I don't know and Lauren sweetly, kindly mentions that they're people with feelings.

hahaha!! 

I'm not trying to guilt anyone...this is a place for everyone to vent :)  I just do genuinely like Tasha and don't think she's nearly as bad as she can come across. 

I do a TON of online boutique shopping (oops hehe) and she shows up on almost all of them.  So yeah, probably some stock photos though I do think she is a full time model for Closet Candy Boutique.  

As for Lip Sense, a friend of mine started selling it on FB and added me to her group.  I do not wear lip stick so I have no desire to purchase any but I do trust her so I kind of want to ask now about the peeling and burning LOL 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

According to our list of possible retiring girls, looks like there will be more show group slots that need to be filled. I think? Haha. I'm trying to remember the changeover rate. 

Maybe that's why Simone is hitting the classes so hard. Also it appears that she's really close to Stephanie, so maybe she wants to be able to do that with her.

• Love 3
On 2/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I love Kashara, but if that's an ad pic, the photog is as good of a photo picker as the new DCC photog (see: Holly's chicken neck cameo). That's NOT a terribly flattering look. If it's her own pic then I love it, it's silly. I've heard she's hysterically funny. Just from a sales standpoint, it'd be an odd choice, to me.

I so agree. Maybe it’s an outtake.