Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Someone remind Erica that she's not allowed to retire please. KThanks. I don't really think she is, I'm trying to hold on to hope that those taking dance classes/prepping for calendar are  planning to return. 

I know! Hopefully she was just talking about how she will miss that group of girls.... 

I know we aren't completely sure of all the girls that have decided this will be their last year. But, as far as we can tell, it seems just a handful of girls plan to retire.

I'm sure we will hear of a few more retiring girls. But, as it stands now, the 2017-2018 squad may be a very tough team to make and a very talented final roster.

I must say that I am most impressed by Madeline as the transformation girl! How often does a girl go from super low on the totem pole in training camp and can barely handle it with constant criticism to becoming not just a DCC, but a showgroup member and seriously one of the BEST dancers on the team! It just blows my mind that this is even the same girl from last season. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Teresa said:

I must say that I am most impressed by Madeline as the transformation girl! How often does a girl go from super low on the totem pole in training camp and can barely handle it with constant criticism to becoming not just a DCC, but a showgroup member and seriously one of the BEST dancers on the team! It just blows my mind that this is even the same girl from last season. 

This! I love Maddie! It's amazing the difference that 1 year (especially between the ages of 18 and 19) can make. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The little one in the purple second from thet left =plastic action figure abs. That girls is insanely ripped.

thats Dana, shes the baltimore ravens rep. :)

someone here was talking about the new orleans saints cheerleader in gold, Thats Kriste, shes 42 years old!!!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Jenna's back to brown. That haircut still looks so cute!!

Aren't you glad you have us Jenna?  Your friends will all say, "you look so cute!", because you do, but we will be totally honest :)

Jenna looks adorable, fresh, and young now.  I like the cut, color, and length.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, California Girl said:

The DCC posted a gallery of their favorite action photos of the year, on the Cowboys website.  

Going through the photos, and seeing who was featured, makes me wonder whether we can read anything into who will make it back next year.

Don't they usually have voting for sideline calendar? That's when we usually know who isn't returning since their pictures aren't included.

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

The DCC posted a gallery of their favorite action photos of the year, on the Cowboys website.  

Going through the photos, and seeing who was featured, makes me wonder whether we can read anything into who will make it back next year.

Here is the link.  http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/01/22/best-dcc-photos-2016-season

There are some current DCC who are not featured at all, not even once, in the gallery of best DCC photos for the 2016 season.  If I were one of those, I might be worried, and prepare well for auditions.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

oh wow ... I thought she was referring to a relationship or something.  She can't retire! 

I assumed that meant she was just happy about this past season happening even tho they didn't got to superbowl.  I will drive to TX and force her to audition another year if it comes down to it!!! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Holly, I love you, but this lipstick needs to be retired from the field. 

Two words: Chantel's. Abs. 

IMG_5243.PNG

Aw, I love that lipstick on her. It kind of matches her hair.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Aw, I love that lipstick on her. It kind of matches her hair.

Maybe it's the combo of the dark eye makeup and lipstick that's throwing me off. I bet the lipstick would look better with more natural eyeshadow. 

• Love 2
Just now, AnnMichele said:

Maybe it's the combo of the dark eye makeup and lipstick that's throwing me off. I bet the lipstick would look better with more natural eyeshadow. 

Yeah, the makeup is a little dark so probably would look better with a lighter eye

Thanks for sharing that gallery! I always forget to check the site for those lol 

I stand by my belief that Erica is THE most photogenic girl on the squad...she is flawless! ! 

Holly's lipstick is ehhhh but I think she looks stunning that photo. 

I hate that I keep forgetting Jessika exists.  She is so beautiful ! 

1 minute ago, California Girl said:

I wonder if that photo of Holly is from the game with the Halloween halftime performance.  That would explain the darker makeup.  

I think you're right, the photo that she's in the Halloween costume I think she had the same makeup.

7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think you're right, the photo that she's in the Halloween costume I think she had the same makeup.

In the photo with Milan at Halloween she was in similar makeup. Maybe they have certain palettes for girls they recommend to use?

4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Official PBC Squad. Jenn looks great! I also love the Chargers, Broncos, and Seahawks uniforms. 

IMG_1150.PNG

I like how Jenn is pretty much front and center, the uniform definitely stands out.

5 hours ago, California Girl said:

Here is the link.  http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/01/22/best-dcc-photos-2016-season

There are some current DCC who are not featured at all, not even once, in the gallery of best DCC photos for the 2016 season.  If I were one of those, I might be worried, and prepare well for auditions.

The DCC really needs someone else to edit their photos.  Not loving the choices picked.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Was Tasha one that perhaps only had part of a crowd photo?

No, there were a couple of her.

Honestly until the last twenty photos or so it seemed like the same girls over and over again. I didn't keep track but I know there are a lot of girls who weren't pictured at all.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, PBSLover said:

The DCC really needs someone else to edit their photos.  Not loving the choices picked.

I agree. So many girls not seen at all, and, THE WORST THING, whoever is choosing these photos seems to enjoy using unnflattering photos of really attractive girls. For a while it was like any unflattering photo of Megan they could find, they used = cue up the infamous double chin photo. Fast forward to the current gallery, and Jenna, who has a very pretty face, is making the awfullest expressions. We know she takes cuter pics, but every single one in this gallery, and there weren't that many for a retiring five year vet, were bad pics. Somebody is choosing these on purpose.

• Love 1

I personally think that Kelsey is KILLING it in that video.  She is amazing and has been dancing for, what, 4 or so years?  I could see why they might not have wanted to take a risk on her for that first year she tried out (and not just for the botched interview), but she has grown and improved SO much that it would be a D*MN shame if they just want to get rid of her as soon as possible.  I get that they thought she might have been an interview risk at first, but hopefully she proved them wrong.  If she comes back and they still try to get rid of her, I will NOT be happy.  

I seemed to remember Kelsey getting dinged for marking the dances and not really doing them full out, yet the girl to Kelsey's right (our left), isn't doing them full out and is flat-out marking them in some spots.  I don't know who that is, but I know I'D be going full out if I could.  Dear LAWD, you do NOT want to see me out on that dance floor.  Last time I tried dancing (outside of the house or a structured adult ballet class), I was a bit sloshed and at a bachelorette party eight years ago.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8

I enjoyed watching Kelsey in that combo. I was surprised Selina didn't have more pop or spark. 

I don't think Kelsey has been dancing for four years. 2 on AAIA, and 2 for the  first and second times she's auditioned. You have to add at least one more year because it looks like she did a drill or dance team in high school

I don't think she has as much training as some of the others but four might be an exaggeration 

• Love 2

That post was from 2012. I assume she was a senior in high school in 2012 because she's 23 years old.. I'm no mathematician but it looks like  she HAS been dancing for four years and she's going into her fifth."

Regardless, she slayed that shit!

Edited by mcmrdh
Tried to post a pic but the file is too big
  • Love 2
On 1/26/2017 at 5:15 AM, AnnMichele said:

The gold uniform is the Saints PBC. There's a  fleur-de-lis on the center of her top. 

I'm a die hard Saints fan!  I'm excited to see that their rep for Pro Bowl is 42 year old Mother of 2 (YES...forty frickin two) Kriste. She's amazing, sweet & quite an ambassador.  I personally admire that teams will on occasion accept an "older" fit & beautiful woman.  We aren't dead yet ladies!  No fear of that ever happening with the DCC...which is a bummer - imho.  

Does anyone think the big board has hurt and/or limited the DCC overall?  I can certainly think of some past INCREDIBLE DCC who'd never make today's team...which I think is kinda sad.

I love the Broncos uniform chaps.  How is that not iconic & different right?  Oh...they also have had women who are "older" like their rep last year (dark, short hair. name?) whose actually a tv personality on local news station. I love the diversity of other cheer squads & think my beloved DCC could use some cause sometimes they do seem to be jumping the shark.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Annette said:

I'm a die hard Saints fan!  I'm excited to see that their rep for Pro Bowl is 42 year old Mother of 2 (YES...forty frickin two) Kriste.

Actually it's worse...she's 43, and apparently made the squad when she was 40!!! I always say Kelli Q looks like she's in her 40s, but IMO this woman looks soooo much better.

Good for her for living to her fullest potential, she has kidney disease which she knows will result in hr either neeing a transplant or dialysis by the time she's 50.

http://wgno.com/2017/01/26/43-year-old-saintsation-makes-nfl-pro-bowl-cheerleading-squad/

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Good for her! I almost lost my husband to Acute Renal Failure in November 2000. He was on dialysis for a little over three years before receiving a new kidney on April 27, 2004. I respect and admire people who do not let their kidney disease stop them from living their dreams. She is a role model. You go girl! I wish her nothing but the best!

And back to the topic at hand. I hope Jinelle tries out for her fifth year. She is adorable and always sweet and friendly on her DCC twitter account page. On the other hand, I cannot stand Tasha. In my opinion, she seems a little plastic and phony to me. She reminds me of the one sister from Season 4 who Kelli and Charlotte was putting on an act and came across plastic and to full of herself. I wonder if Tasha made the team because of her single mother story aka Morgan from Season 8 story line. It did work well for Sasha, but Sasha was a great dancer and was the complete DCC.

21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Good for her! I almost lost my husband to Acute Renal Failure in November 2000. He was on dialysis for a little over three years before receiving a new kidney on April 27, 2004. I respect and admire people who do not let their kidney disease stop them from living their dreams. She is a role model. You go girl! I wish her nothing but the best!

And back to the topic at hand. I hope Jinelle tries out for her fifth year. She is adorable and always sweet and friendly on her DCC twitter account page. On the other hand, I cannot stand Tasha. In my opinion, she seems a little plastic and phony to me. She reminds me of the one sister from Season 4 who Kelli and Charlotte was putting on an act and came across plastic and to full of herself. I wonder if Tasha made the team because of her single mother story aka Morgan from Season 8 story line. It did work well for Sasha, but Sasha was a great dancer and was the complete DCC.

I don't dislike Tasha as much as many others do on here - probably because outside of checking some of the girls social media every now and then for dance videos, I don't follow any of them on instagram, twitter, etc so I'm not as exposed to that as others on here. So, I'll take everyone else's word for it on how Tasha comes across online. However, in fairness to her, she is actually a good dancer who can remember choreography. So I would not put her in the same category as Morgan, who IMO is one of the weakest dancers who has made the team since the show started. I assume she made it because she can dance and she's pretty. I don't think it went any further than that. 

I really doubt that the DCC would ever have someone in their forties on the team unless she looked FAR younger than her age and could dance circles around the other girls and even then I would be surprised if she made the squad.  As for the large board, I do think that it has hurt the squad.  Girls who are amazing in all other categories usually get knocked out of the running because of the board.  These girls would have been amazing brand ambassadors, dancers and performers but their looks or their bodies might not show as well on that jumbo screen as others.  I think that it is one of the two biggest reasons why the trend on the squad has gone to the slim maybe too thin body type overall (the other is the uniform shorts getting smaller or at least looking smaller).

I ignore Tasha completely so she doesn't bug me one way or the other.  I think she would annoy me more if I followed her more on social media.  From what little I've seen and heard of her, she's more about what the DCC can do for her then actually being a part of the team.  Still, she seemed to be a favorite of the teams she was on before so there's that.  I'm not sure about her so I ignore her.

Edited by EricaShadows
too many repetitive words
  • Love 4