Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 12/21/2016 at 3:02 PM, California Girl said:

Well you are an important part of our Previously TV clique!

I'm not a clique person either. I think I quoted the wrong post. I do my own thing. I'm a little quirky. I read a lot, write, and I still love Harry Potter. I mean, people like me, but I'm a loner. Being a sickie so long makes it hard to maintain friendships. Y'all are awesome!

• Love 2

Not surprising but predictable, boring and clearly not 100% authentic! Anyhow, more importantly, if Paige invites current DCCs to her wedding, will they be able to attend?! God forbid one is a BM and has to walk arm in arm with a player!! 

• Love 3
On 12/21/2016 at 4:49 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

From a teacher currently toasting the fact that I am now on Winter Break I can definitely see the kids being something that could make her grumpy, or staff meetings or parents, or any number of other things. As for not being as involved in the social things, teachers are scrutinized ridiculously on their social media presence, yes the DCC stuff should be considered acceptable but if it's on one of the other girls pages and there are even drinks in the background it can reflect badly on a teacher, the teacher in question doesn't even need to know the picture exists. Also it's quite possible that all of the things that go along with teaching could be keeping her from participating in all those go out and socialize events with the other girls. 

Actually that makes me wonder how she managed to do parent/teacher conferences in the fall. From all we see it seems that K&J really want DCC to come first before anything else, P/T conferences are often two evenings, could she really be allowed to miss two practices? or maybe just to arrive late after her conferences? Maybe bc she's contractually obligated to do them for her job? What about being there for evening events in her building? Not to mention all the grading and planning? Sorry I brought work home to do over Winter Break and it reminds me I've always wondered how the DCC who have been teachers have done it, much as I wonder about some other professionals.

Same here. I am currently procrastinating on work to be done right now. I'm a high school teacher, and I bring work home nightly. I couldn't imagine teaching and dancing FT. Wow!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't know if it's entirely fair to say the rest of the girls didn't want Jennifer to get it.  I honestly haven't heard anything BAD about her and I hear a lot...she does a ton of stuff behind the scenes that we don't really see (like during auditions she has study groups for vets to make sure everyone is well prepared and will do well in interviews, she also takes a lot on herself to make sure other vets show up at the right time, early, etc. if she can possibly help it).  Basically, I honestly think she is a team player.  She wants everyone to do well and is kind of a mother hen.  So I highly doubt any of the girls are salty that K&J picked her.  I have a feeling it's just that they LOVE Danielle and Jessica - both of those girls are adored on the squad and don't get high lighted (spokeswoman type stuff) like Jennifer does.  Plus Jessica and Danielle have been upfront since auditions that this was the final year for both of them and it would have been a nice send off; Jennifer is absolutely a wild card unless she suddenly posts something about it being her last year too.  Stuff I have heard is that it will be hard for her not to be a DCC and she will want the pretty 5-year package. We shall see. 

I still am calling Danielle as vet of the year.  Though now that Jenna is leaving I could see her too.  I could have seen Jenna deciding last minute to stay but everything I've heard is she is bummed by it 'not being her year' and wanted to quit so no shock really. 

Guess all that to say I am not surprised by much yesterday LOL sincere congrats from me to Jennifer - I like her, can't help it :)  

I actually agree. Jenn was totally qualified for Pro Bowl and the obvious to ringer, but I still would've liked to see Danielle get some recognition.

Jenn is overall a more well rounded package. She does speak better and is more involved than anyone else. 

• Love 3

My .02 is that Jenn is an okay PB pick. She's beautiful, a good dancer, and "the spokesperson" however, she's just "meh" to me. I have always thought Erica overshadowed her in that class! I really thought Danielle would get it. I've loved her from the start. She seems like a bestie, or someone you could hang out with. I also really like Jessica. She seems so sweet, and she's gorgeous!! I think I remember dalgal saying she's really come into her own this year. 

My take is maybe things aren't always peachy keen jellybean in DCC world. So a little shade was thrown. It happens. I'd be a little upset myself.  In the end, at least they get to cheer longer. Also, i wish they would call and ask my opinion. Ha!

24 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Not surprising but predictable, boring and clearly not 100% authentic! Anyhow, more importantly, if Paige invites current DCCs to her wedding, will they be able to attend?! God forbid one is a BM and has to walk arm in arm with a player!! 

Are they actually allowed to touch each other or do they have to keep a ruler between them?

• Love 3

Jenn was the obvious pick due to all the spokeswoman duties she's been doing this year. Obviously she was going to get it over anyone else. I just would have liked to see Danielle, Jenna or even Jessica get it. All 3 are so loved on the team and they seem like awesome group leaders. I love Jenn but she comes off as phony sometimes.

1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

My .02 is that Jenn is an okay PB pick. She's beautiful, a good dancer, and "the spokesperson" however, she's just "meh" to me. I have always thought Erica overshadowed her in that class! I really thought Danielle would get it. I've loved her from the start. She seems like a bestie, or someone you could hang out with. I also really like Jessica. She seems so sweet, and she's gorgeous!! I think I remember dalgal saying she's really come into her own this year. 

Erica is the class after Jennifer. Jinelle is the only other one left from her year. From what I remember, Jenn was one of the top rookies from her year, along with Hannah and Samantha. 

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sorry to rain on the Danielle parade, but she's the one I don't get.  IMO she's so-so as a performer & for all I hear about Megan getting away with her weight issues, I don't recall Danielle ever not looking "soft."  The frog thing isn't helping matters, so I have to say her apparently nasty attitude makes me kinda glad she didn't get it.

I think Danielle has just become a fan favorite over time. That wasn't always the case from what I remember, at least online. She wasn't disliked or anything, but I don't remember all that much love for her on TWOP, though I've always liked her and thought she was underrated as a dancer. 

Seniority and likeabllity aside, there's really nothing about Danielle that screams "pro bowl" to me. Jenn is a better dancer IMO, and of the 5 year girls, Jenna is clearly the best dancer of those 3, not to mention Lacey, Erica, and Melissa. So while I love Danielle, and would've liked her to get it (and I think Jenn is utterly boring), I'm not quite on the "wuz robbed" train. I do love the twitter shade though!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Jenna has officially announced her retirement

Looking a little rough in this photo. DCC at left has a giant run in her tights and DCC at right has a messy fold at the top of her shorts.

• Love 1

I don't know.  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE NICOLE B.  But the same arguement could be made about it her, and she went to PB.  Sometimes it's about who the team likes, too.  And the fans- why involve the fans if they're not going to take into consideration what the fans have to say?  Danielle is fun.  She's as good of a dancer as any of them, after how many years in the NFL.  

I hate to go all Tyra here, but Jennifer is missing that "it" factor.  Maybe it is warmth, maybe it is something more.  She's not silly and relateable like Britney Schram, or warm and friendly like Brittany Evans.  Or the kind of girl I'd  want to be friends with (Nicole B.). The other DCCs are just so personable.  I just don't get that from her.  Maybe because the bar is set so high by people like those mentioned above, that I'm judging her too harshly?  Idk.  All I know is if I happened to be in Dallas and she was having an appearance, I don't think I would be excited to meet her.  Whereas, I'd love to meet Danielle or Jessica or Jenna or Jinelle.

I hope this made sense.

• Love 9

I'm not exactly sure on this, but some have said she was unfaithful while her husband (a US marine) was deployed. They were married young and had a short engagement. 

I always thought it was strange how Kelli didn't like Ashley Paige because she seemed "fake" and "rehearsed" yet Jennifer gave off that vibe more than Ashley did . 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, pink317 said:

Nicole was an eff you to Sydney. Trisha was metaphorically slapped when (at the time) 3rd year Brittany Evans  got it. It was all over her face in the annoucement video. I think they stopped doing live announcements shortly after that  (a year or two). The previous snubs were obvious and might I say deserving? Sydney and Trisha both had some issues. Not saying Jenn is not a good dancer but something is off with her extreme propping, which is why I say give her VOTY now and stop playing these games with the team and the fans. 

I was trying to decipher her tweet but I don't speak emoji. What does frog + coffee mean?

It is to symbolize the But That's None of My Business meme.  A sarcastic way to say it without saying it.  The kermit the frog meme sipping coffee that is frequently used..this way they do not need to use a meme but just emoji.  

1 hour ago, Elizabeth9 said:

I don't know.  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE NICOLE B.  But the same arguement could be made about it her, and she went to PB.  Sometimes it's about who the team likes, too.  And the fans- why involve the fans if they're not going to take into consideration what the fans have to say?  Danielle is fun.  She's as good of a dancer as any of them, after how many years in the NFL.  

I hate to go all Tyra here, but Jennifer is missing that "it" factor.  Maybe it is warmth, maybe it is something more.  She's not silly and relateable like Britney Schram, or warm and friendly like Brittany Evans.  Or the kind of girl I'd  want to be friends with (Nicole B.). The other DCCs are just so personable.  I just don't get that from her.  Maybe because the bar is set so high by people like those mentioned above, that I'm judging her too harshly?  Idk.  All I know is if I happened to be in Dallas and she was having an appearance, I don't think I would be excited to meet her.  Whereas, I'd love to meet Danielle or Jessica or Jenna or Jinelle.

I hope this made sense.

Exactly. 

In the triangle, my eye always goes to Jenna or Melissa first. Jenn is powerful but I don't enjoy her dancing. Its like she is trying so hard to stand out and be powerful that she looks weird. 

Kudos to Jessica, Danielle and Jenna for holding it together and looking like they are happy for Jenn when I am sure they are jealous right now.

Nothing against her but I do hope that Jenn retires this year. Bored of seeing her everywhere. She may be a good leader but girl ain't charismatic at all.. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

IMG_4737.PNG

I am pretty sure I wrote the EXACT SAME THING verbatim  11 hours ago. It looks like Jasmine has been reading the boards lol

hey Jasmine  :-)

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 10

With so many talented dancers behind the retiring veterans, if Jenn does stay for a 5th year, do you think they will actually use someone else at point besides her since others are a bit more exciting to look at? Don't think it will happen, but they could potentially alternate each game.

22 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

With so many talented dancers behind the retiring veterans, if Jenn does stay for a 5th year, do you think they will actually use someone else at point besides her since others are a bit more exciting to look at? Don't think it will happen, but they could potentially alternate each game.

Not a chance. She is their pet. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but the hashtag Jasmine posted about where's Kanye when you need him is about Kanye storming the stage when Taylor won an award she didn't deserve right? I'm not positive what that means exactly 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

Not a chance. She is their pet. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but the hashtag Jasmine posted about where's Kanye when you need him is about Kanye storming the stage when Taylor won an award she didn't deserve right? I'm not positive what that means exactly 

Yes, that what I meant when I said it... not sure If Jasmine meant the same thing or not

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Willow said:

Girl. I've lurked for years before I joined to <3 things - y'all are just as famous as the DCC to me. :)

Awwww....

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well a big fat welcome :-)

I second that!!!!

• Love 5

This is what Danielle should have said when she found out she wasn't going to pro bowl.

ME TOO!!!!!!!  I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!! Thanks for posting this QuiteContraryMoni

Edited by PBSLover
QUITECONTRARYMONI DIDN’T GET ACKNOWLEDGED
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

sorry if this is a stupid question but the hashtag Jasmine posted about where's Kanye when you need him is about Kanye storming the stage when Taylor won an award she didn't deserve right? I'm not positive what that means exactly 

IIRC, Kanye's rant was at the VMAs; he felt Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was clearly the video of the year (it was) and actually went up on stage and grabbed Taylor's trophy away from her (she eventually got it back). The DCC equivalent would be if someone grabbed the Mickey Mouse ears off of Jenn's head and placed them on Danielle's head instead. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

IIRC, Kanye's rant was at the VMAs; he felt Beyonce's "Single Ladies" was clearly the video of the year (it was) and actually went up on stage and grabbed Taylor's trophy away from her (she eventually got it back). The DCC equivalent would be if someone grabbed the Mickey Mouse ears off of Jenn's head and placed them on Danielle's head instead. 

Now THAT I would pay to see 

• Love 6

I don't dislike Jenn, obviously she was deserving of the honor. I just was hoping one of the 5 year gals could have made it. That being said, if there was some favoritism going on, methinks having to go to Orlando instead of the usual Hawaii trip is punishment enough.

• Love 7

I like Danielle a lot--she's one of the three I voted for PBC, along with Jenna and Jessica--and I totally understand being hurt and upset about not getting PBC, but I really think social media shade about this, even in code, is tacky. That said, the emoji shade itself is clever and kind of funny. But, as such good friends, there's no good reason Danielle and Jasmine couldn't have had that exact same convo on the phone or via text. I, personally, would not want the world of social media, or more importantly my team mates, to think (know) that I think I'm better and more deserving than every single one of them, not just Jenn. It's one thing to be upset about Jenn getting PBC on top of pretty much every other honor in DCC Land. It's another thing to feel so sure that you are the most deserving member of the squad that you have no problem telling your "sisters" I'm better than you, I'm not happy for you, and I deserve these accolades more than any of y'all. Just not classy to me, and this makes me think Jenn, Jenna and Jessica are truer team players, which is something that I value highly and think is part of what getting voted as PBC is about. Other DCC may not be going over the top to congratulate Jenn publicly, and I'm sure that Jenna and Jessica in particular are feeling let down by the news, but they're not throwing shade. Danielle just lost some of her gorgeous girl next door sparkle for me. 

In my mind, I think that there are multiple cheerleaders every year who deserve to be chosen for Pro Bowl, so my habit has been that I don't think so much that people get robbed, just that only one can go and that person is really lucky to have the experience and the honor of being chosen by their team mates and the PTB. So, congrats to Jenn. That would be a great way to finish up a DCC career. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, spazette said:

I don't dislike Jenn, obviously she was deserving of the honor. I just was hoping one of the 5 year gals could have made it. That being said, if there was some favoritism going on, methinks having to go to Orlando instead of the usual Hawaii trip is punishment enough.

Exactly, at least it's not in Hawaii and you have to miss out on that great experience. You can go to Disney anytime lol

I feel like this topic will be discussed long after the girls in question are over it lol but i did want to clarify one thing:

She most definitely did not say she deserved PBC, a lot of people here said that (not everyone). Danielle implied that something went down that wasnt on the up and up but that's none of her business. Then, heatherrrrzwent in and took one for the team, which the girls cosigned, thus implying the PBC did not win one or more of the deciding polls (fan/team). Danielle never claimed she was robbed or the true winner or any of the sort. She referenced a meme and the board went wild trying to decipher.

Edited by pink317
Typos. P.S. I @!#$^%& HATE this new phone
  • Love 6

Stepping out of the shadows here. Admittedly, I've been watching these boards for a long time and never chime in (sounds creepy I know) and ya'll crack me up most of the time. Ya'll are blowing the PBC thing way out of proportion and its becoming comical to watch. I only say that because I know someone who is pretty close with some of the DCC (not going into specifics here) but I am pretty sure that tweet from Danielle had nothing to do with it at all. I asked my source what it could possibly be pertaining to since its been such a hot topic on here and that source told me it had nothing to do with that at all. I am assuming it has something to do with an ex? Or maybe something with Jasmine since she made a comment too, or maybe about the Bachelor since she is going to be on it? Not sure exactly but I know almost certainly that it was not "shade" thrown over PBC outcome. They have so much else going on in their lives; work, relationships, families, other things NOT DCC related it could literally be about anything else-and from what I heard it is. 

Side note- I do think it still sucks that a 5th year DCC isn't going to probowl and I'm sure they are disappointed too. I sure am! I would have loved to see Jenna, Jessica, or Danielle go since all of them have openly said it's their last year. 

• Love 9

I'm sure it probably wasn't really shade, but the fact that 4 or 5 former/current DCCs liked my comment about Danielle being my pick and the rest of social media's pick was pretty telling. Blowing things up and out of proportion is pretty much what we do here lol we don't know these girls so anything that seems shady to us is going to be talked about constantly. 

Remember too that it's looking VERY much like Cowboys are going to the Superbowl.  I imagine that the girl sent to the pro bowl is thus going to be interviewed a tonnnnn and be very visible.  As much as we all love Danielle, Jennifer is without a doubt their spokeswoman and go-to girl for interviews, etc.  She may come across as 'fake' to some here but I think a lot of it is just because she is SO professional.  TBH, I can totally get why they'd want her to be PBC this year - they know they can 100% count on her to be professional, upbeat, well-spoken and not do or say ANYTHING to make Cowboys look questionable.  Girl does not misstep in the public eye.  Maybe if it was like, last year when the Cowboys were mehhhh they wouldn't care as much.  I don't know.  Just a possible perspective.  

I feel bad if Jennifer reads here and is deflated.  I dont think she's undeserving. 

• Love 9

I thjnk there's a good chance the frog tea emojis were about the pro bowl selection, but there's an equally good chance they were about something else. Could be anything. No need to rake  Danielle through the coals over speculation.

Jennis deserving. Danielle is deserving. A lot of them are. Only one girl can go. Not like they picked a rookie who couldn't do a jump split or pull Cassie out of retirement for it. Not like the other girls are going to be executed if they didn't get picked. 

With 40 some girls (37 and all stars), there is always always always going to be some disagreement and shade. Always. Even if they were Girl Scouts or nuns. Maybe especially with nuns lol. 

I love Danielle. Even that year she broke her foot and gained weight, and the other board hated her and said she was ugly with 80s hair, I liked her. I also think she appears slightly nervous and unsure in most interviews. Jenn is far more comfortable speaking. 

• Love 9

Jenn is obviously more comfortable in the speaking role. I definitely understand why they chose her, she's been the team spokesperson all year. She's probably the best spokesperson the team has ever had. I don't think she's less deserving, just wanted Danielle more because Jenn literally gets everything. 

Edited by heatherrrrz
5 hours ago, M1977G said:

I totally understand being hurt and upset about not getting PBC, but I really think social media shade about this, even in code, is tacky.

I 100% agree with you M1977G.  It was really unprofessional and classless of Danielle and Jasmine to throw shade publically on social media over this. You were very nice in your post but I'm not that good of a person so my post will be a little more harsh: 

A few ppl said maybe they weren't referring to pro bowl & maybe were referring something else. Um no, this was definitely what they were referring to. They're not stupid. A true professional would have been supportive of their teammate. Life isn't always fair, so if thats the kind of professionalism you handle these situations with, good luck in the real world Danielle and Jasmine. You know, that world #beyond pom pom shaking, runway shows at belk, and being on the bachelor. What are you going to do if you don't get the promotion or raise you wanted? Or if you don't like a coworker? Passive aggressively act like an entitled spoiled brat on social media for thousands of followers to see? 

Side note 1: Do you know who will probably be great in the real world because she's ALWAYS professional and classy? Jenn. Probably one of the many reasons she was chosen.

Side note 2: Go ahead and crucify me for saying it, but all Danielle did with her shade was prove to the powers that be that they made the right decision not giving her pro bowl, since she clearly has potential to be a liability. I know I know, we all love her, yea yea. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Remember too that it's looking VERY much like Cowboys are going to the Superbowl.  I imagine that the girl sent to the pro bowl is thus going to be interviewed a tonnnnn and be very visible.  As much as we all love Danielle, Jennifer is without a doubt their spokeswoman and go-to girl for interviews, etc.  She may come across as 'fake' to some here but I think a lot of it is just because she is SO professional.  TBH, I can totally get why they'd want her to be PBC this year - they know they can 100% count on her to be professional, upbeat, well-spoken and not do or say ANYTHING to make Cowboys look questionable.  Girl does not misstep in the public eye.  Maybe if it was like, last year when the Cowboys were mehhhh they wouldn't care as much.  I don't know.  Just a possible perspective.  

I feel bad if Jennifer reads here and is deflated.  I dont think she's undeserving. 

People said that in 2014 and they didn't make it past divisional round! On Jan 22, we can start talking about super bowl. Don't jinx it!!

27 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

I 100% agree with you M1977G.  It was really unprofessional and classless of Danielle and Jasmine to throw shade publically on social media over this. You were very nice in your post but I'm not that good of a person so my post will be a little more harsh: 

A few ppl said maybe they weren't referring to pro bowl & maybe were referring something else. Um no, this was definitely what they were referring to. They're not stupid. A true professional would have been supportive of their teammate. Life isn't always fair, so if thats the kind of professionalism you handle these situations with, good luck in the real world Danielle and Jasmine. You know, that world #beyond pom pom shaking, runway shows at belk, and being on the bachelor. What are you going to do if you don't get the promotion or raise you wanted? Or if you don't like a coworker? Passive aggressively act like an entitled spoiled brat on social media for thousands of followers to see? 

Side note 1: Do you know who will probably be great in the real world because she's ALWAYS professional and classy? Jenn. Probably one of the many reasons she was chosen.

Side note 2: Go ahead and crucify me for saying it, but all Danielle did with her shade was prove to the powers that be that they made the right decision not giving her pro bowl, since she clearly has potential to be a liability. I know I know, we all love her, yea yea. 

Again, no need to be hateful whoever you are. I was just saying. You do not know any of them personally. Period. Comments, pictures, quotes, all the above are easily misconstrued on a daily basis with social media. This "shade" nonsense has been created right here...this argument that doesn't even exist, it only exists in this forum. I'm going to stick up for everyone here. Comments about Jennifer winning and people saying hurtful things is wrong. She won. Get over it. People throwing Danielle and the 5th years under the bus saying they threw shade about a tweet blah blah, its nonsense. Moving on.... Super bowl- who's ready?!?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, pink317 said:

People said that in 2014 and they didn't make it past divisional round! On Jan 22, we can start talking about super bowl. Don't jinx it!!

LOL sorry!! I didn't really follow the Cowboys till last season so I didn't realize they were good in 2014.  People have always made it sound like it's been YEARS since they were halfway decent. Apologies! 

• Love 1

Literally no one is saying anything bad about Jenn, there is no need to attack people. None of us know any of the girls personally (except maybe Lauren and Dalgal) so we're basing our opinions off what is on the internet. If we're wrong, we're wrong. We're just stating our opinions, the girls could care less about what we think about them. The only bad things I've seen written about her are that she comes off as fake. Which is what other people say about other people all the time. It's also a pretty good thing to be so polished that you're seen as fake.

It's a tough class of rookies this year, my guesses go to Maggie or Mandy due to show group and their dance ability. Maybe even Maddie. 

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's a tough class of rookies this year, my guesses go to Maggie or Mandy due to show group and their dance ability. Maybe even Maddie. 

YES.  When I look at a team pic and all the rookies from this year it is really hard to pick someone as a stand out...last year I felt like it was super obvious early on even that KaShara would get it.  Which rookies received the abbey bear this season? that is sometimes telling... maybe Yuko? 

I would love for it to be Maddie...did you guys see this clip from Michelle's class last week?! Maddie is in the Adidas jacket. She's so incredible!! 

• Love 6

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see Cersten get it since she likely won't be around next year and wasn't up for a lot of the normal accolades like show group due to her work schedule and preparing for med school. But I fully understand that they probably want to give it to someone who is up and coming.

3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES.  When I look at a team pic and all the rookies from this year it is really hard to pick someone as a stand out...last year I felt like it was super obvious early on even that KaShara would get it.  Which rookies received the abbey bear this season? that is sometimes telling... maybe Yuko? 

I would love for it to be Maddie...did you guys see this clip from Michelle's class last week?! Maddie is in the Adidas jacket. She's so incredible!! 

UGH YES MADDIE WAS KILLIN IT

What type of interviews are these girls doing regularly? The way it gets talked about, you would think Jenn was the White House Press Secretary, fielding questions on loaded issues like politics and world affairs every day.  I don't live in Dallas, so I don't see what the local interviews are like, but the few that I have seen with her are pretty standard stuff. I can't imagine that K&J would send Jenn to PBC based off of a belief that she is the only who can handle a basic interview without blanking out or saying something completely stupid, and if she is, well that's kind of embarrassing for the DCC.

Someone mentioned earlier how it was strange that Kelli disliked Ashley Paige for being super-programmed but loves Jenn (who is a superior dancer of course), and I agree that it's strange. I don't even mean this in a negative way on the Ashley or Jenn. It's not a bad thing to be reliable in pylon settings, and I would've picked Ashley Paige over Morgan or Kaitlin that year, but Kelli's seemingly personal dislike for her was always odd to me given that she seems to like the same qualities in others. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see Cersten get it since she likely won't be around next year and wasn't up for a lot of the normal accolades like show group due to her work schedule and preparing for med school. But I fully understand that they probably want to give it to someone who is up and coming.

I don't know what it is.. but I'm not a Certsen fan. And I seriously can't tell you why.. just not. Same with Kelsey Bond. Never liked her either. I'm weird haha

• Love 2

I cannot believe Jenna is retiring.  She has been one of my very favorites, and I thought for sure she had another year in her to be point girl or PBC.  Perhaps this means that Jenna has some compelling reason to give up her Star?  

I am very happy for Paige.  She always seems so cheerful, and I am glad she is getting married.  A Cowboys player could do a lot worse than settling down with a nice, stable, former DCC, who has loyalty to the organization, and who will keep her spouse grounded and out of trouble.

Jenn deserved PBC.  She appears to run those practices for the halftime shows, has attended every USO tour, and has been a Show Group veteran for years.  Very few DCC earn the trifecta of Group Leader, Point Girl, and PBC.  Was she also ROTY?  Though I do think this is the Organization's way of moving her gracefully and graciously into retirement.  The truth is that there are a lot of very talented young women coming up the DCC ranks, whom I am sure that Kelli and Judy would like to recognize and reward with some of those accolades next year, and Jenn takes up a lot of the oxygen.  It is almost necessary for her to "graduate" now, so that some of those women can have their moment in the sun next year. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 4

Last year, the Broncos and Panthers cheerleaders were not all over the media more so than anyone else nor were they the defacto group captains (the girls are divided into groups) they just got announced last as the AFC and NFC champions. Any other media, which i cannot recall in specific, was really basic. The dances were elementary as well. Pro bowl doesn't get crazy attention but it is national so *shrug* 

Re: Jen's merits, she is two away from matching Nicole Hamilton and Holly as most decorated DCC (received all possible accolades). She is just missing vet of the year and her 5th year charm.  

Edited by pink317
Conflated pro bowl years and teams, whoops!