Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wow, what a big eff you to the 5th years! They should just give her Vet of the Year, too, and be done with it. I really liked the 2012 class and collectively there has yet to be a stronger overall class so sucks that their "seniors" are being overlooked for the big accolades.

• Love 8

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes (even with a Televised show), so I've never felt like it should just be given to whoever is most tenured. Were people furious when Sydney didn't get it after 7 years? Being on the team for 5 years is certainly something to recognize, but the PBC is someone who represents the team in several aspects along with being a leader. Other teams have even given it to second years. How the DCC decide who goes outside of the fan vote is their business and the girls seemed to really love her. I wouldn't imagine a 5th year having the attitude that they deserve it over other girls because they've been on the squad longer. They've sent a handful of under 5 year girls for that to be understood now.

• Love 3

DCC is fairly predictable if you know your shizz, they rarely stray from the script so to speak. I knew Jenn was going to get it especially with her dropping "its my last year" hints but I still stand by what I said, it is a big eff you to the remaining members of the strongest collective rookie class the team has seen in a long time. It is sad that their class did not produce a PBC. This is how I  feel, no need to agree. I wasnt looking for a cosign or someone to explain how I am "wrong" 

Edited by pink317
Typo
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

So Jennifer got probowl.  BIG surprise (eye roll).  I wonder what the results were like with the fan vote.  Anyone know?

They've never released them, but Danielle/Holly/Jessica had a lot in several posts comments across FB and Twitter.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

So Jennifer got probowl.  BIG surprise (eye roll).  I wonder what the results were like with the fan vote.  Anyone know?

Predictable and boring. Jessica or Danielle should've gotten probowl. The fan vote probably didn't count for anything other than to get fans psyched and engaged on social media and to collect data. If it did count, Danielle or Holly would've gotten probowl. 

• Love 7

I'm kind of neutral with Jen getting it. It would've been nice for another girl to get it, but since Jen is this year's golden girl, it would've been surprising for her to not get it. She's a great dancer and good speaker, but I think she might lack the pop that some of the other deserving girls have.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Ugh. Aunt blabby got pro bowl. Danielle, you deserved it. 

? you are legit my spirit animal!  She is gorgeous and a great representative and a point girl, but Danielle has come so far in five years to barely make it back in year two and to be a five Year! Danielle and her amazing hair is the people's champ! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 10

Well congrats to Jenn K, she is obviously a worthy candidate and a great representative for the team but dagnabit I am bummed for my number one girl crush, Danielle. I know Holly Arielle was point gal, group one leader, and pro bowl gal also but I would have loved for some other girls to get to shine. Oh well, at least they have a playoff season this year!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

There's no way Danielle didn't get the fan vote and the team's vote. It's all politics and Jenn is the 'spokesperson' for the team.  Snooze. 

But what cracks me up is that she is actually a horrible spokesperson and K&J don't seem to notice.

• Love 3

I don't know if I'd go as far as horrible. Predictable is probably the word I'd use. But thats what DCC want I guess! Someone safe that won't accidentally say something witty or get them into trouble in any shape or form. I find some of the other girls much more interesting to listen to. But maybe we've just been overexposed to her this year haha. I'd be interested to see the actual results of the vote. 

• Love 6

Coming out of the shadows to post for the first time. Danielle deserved to win. If I have to watch one more interview with Jenn's boring answers, I might throw something at my television. This is very disappointing to me. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Fan votes mean nothing. They're just a fun marketing tool. They have zero weight. Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, ownership matter. That is all.

I totally agree with this, but frankly they are just done so poorly.  Sure, they never have to say who won, but the comments made it obvious who people were voting for.  It makes the entire thing come off as so insincere, and from a marketing perspective you would think they would realize that.

I seriously cringe every time Jenn talks about showgroup. I can only imagine how her thoughts on pro bowl will sound.

i also think it is telling that the tweet and retweets congratulating her are from fan sites -- not teammates.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Jenn is about as warm as Nancy Newscaster to me.  All facts, zero personality.  Danielle deserved it.

Agreed. Nothing against Jenn personally, but this pick is so predictable that I just have to roll my eyes. Jenn has had a more rapid ascent in the DCC than anyone else I can think of, and I don't fully get it. I mean, she's pretty enough, and certainly a great dancer, but so are many of the other girls. I think all 3 of the 5-year girls are strong dancers, pretty, and far more interesting than her. I honestly would've even preferred Erica, Melissa, or Lacey. Again, Jenn isn't undeserving or anything like that, but there's just a Teacher's Pet vibe to her. 

• Love 5

I don't think one girl RT'd the Pro Bowl announcement, except Jenn.  And they posted a ton of stuff from yesterday's game. A ton.

although Danielle did tweet the frog and tea emojis which could be for anything but certainly made me lol.

• Love 4
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jenn is deserving, but I would've loved to see Danielle get pro bowl. 

Have they ever not picked someone totally obvious for pro bowl? They never seem to spread the love over pro bowl, vet of the year, point, etc.

I think people were pretty surprised by Nicole Bulcher for sure

• Love 1

Nicole was an eff you to Sydney. Trisha was metaphorically slapped when (at the time) 3rd year Brittany Evans  got it. It was all over her face in the annoucement video. I think they stopped doing live announcements shortly after that  (a year or two). The previous snubs were obvious and might I say deserving? Sydney and Trisha both had some issues. Not saying Jenn is not a good dancer but something is off with her extreme propping, which is why I say give her VOTY now and stop playing these games with the team and the fans. 

I was trying to decipher her tweet but I don't speak emoji. What does frog + coffee mean?

Edited by pink317
  • Love 3
Just now, twinkietwin94 said:

Really bummed Danielle didn't get it or if not her Jessica, I just don't get the Jenn love, she doesn't do much for me

Same. I just find her a bit dull. My eye doesn't go to her when she dances and I find her interviews just boring and rehearsed.

I would have loved to have seen Danielle go, she always takes fantastic pictures, her bikini shots are to die for and she has the relatable girl next door charm. 

• Love 7

I tweeted her that i was super bummed and that all of the social media votes I saw were for her and both her and jessica liked it. THE SHADE

Jacie liked one of your tweets, too! Sooo I gather Jenn lost the fan or team vote (or both) and was still named PBC....but that's none of my business. *sips tea* 

Edited by pink317
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jenn is deserving, but I would've loved to see Danielle get pro bowl. 

Have they ever not picked someone totally obvious for pro bowl? They never seem to spread the love over pro bowl, vet of the year, point, etc.

As someone els said, Nicole Bulcher was surprising. I also was somewhat surprised that Mia did not get it the year that she was the point girl. Otherwise, it's been predictable.

Assuming Jenn does retire this year, next year will be one of the first years in a while where the point girl will not be obvious. Holly could get it (where is she in the formation now?) but Melissa, Erica, and Lacey, should they return, are all more senior than her and are excellent dancers. Who knows what Jenna will do. She's still very young, and she seems to live for DCC, so she may return or maybe she'll do like Sydney and try out for an NBA team.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

As someone els said, Nicole Bulcher was surprising. I also was somewhat surprised that Mia did not get it the year that she was the point girl. Otherwise, it's been predictable.

Assuming Jenn does retire this year, next year will be one of the first years in a while where the point girl will not be obvious. Holly could get it (where is she in the formation now?) but Melissa, Erica, and Lacey, should they return, are all more senior than her and are excellent dancers. Who knows what Jenna will do. She's still very young, and she seems to live for DCC, so she may return or maybe she'll do like Sydney and try out for an NBA team.

Holly is behind Melissa, who is to the right of Jen. 

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was there not a video of the PBC announcement this year? Given the shade coming from these tweets, I'm dying to see the girls' reactions in real time lol! 

The last video reaction was Aly I believe, they haven't done one since. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was there not a video of the PBC announcement this year? Given the shade coming from these tweets, I'm dying to see the girls' reactions in real time lol! 

There was a video on Instagram stories, it wasnt live though, Jenn was already wearing the Mickey ears. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing any of the 5th years in the annoucement video but I don't think it was the whole squad anyway.

Edited by pink317
29 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Can someone pass me the tea? Two sugars please.

Bets on how long the shade emoji tweet will stay up before Kelli/Team notices and realizes what it means? 

I doubt if they care. 

19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I'd honestly put those three in the triangle next year - Erica at point with Lacey and Melissa to her sides. 

I'm a huge Stephanie fan, but seniority, and also think Megan may have more technical talent thtan any of them, but she photographs so strangely. Even when she's in great shape, she looks odd in photos. 

They need to (I know they won't) treat Holly like a feature twirler - let her have solos etc or features around the main team, because she just doesn't blend. Other girls are equally as good or slightly better technically, but her showmanship makes her look like Holly and the DCCs.

Also - I agree with slapping Trisha and Sydney. I absolutely think Trisha stayed one more year just for that, and she wore out her welcome. Sydney was just outliked and outperformed. 

Does anyone else remember the video of the year Cassie didn't get it? Don't remember if that was Ally or Whitney I, but she looked like she was prepped to Miss America gush, then her face fell, and she hugged the other girl. It was sorta funny.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAHAH!!!!! OMG THIS! "I would have voted for Trump AND for Danielle!!"

Willow, girl, (or guy?) it's good to hear your voice. I know you've been quietly observing. Thanks for sharing :-)

This is just PERFECTLY said.

Girl. I've lurked for years before I joined to <3 things - y'all are just as famous as the DCC to me. :)

• Love 2

Sorry to rain on the Danielle parade, but she's the one I don't get.  IMO she's so-so as a performer & for all I hear about Megan getting away with her weight issues, I don't recall Danielle ever not looking "soft."  The frog thing isn't helping matters, so I have to say her apparently nasty attitude makes me kinda glad she didn't get it.

• Love 2

I don't know if it's entirely fair to say the rest of the girls didn't want Jennifer to get it.  I honestly haven't heard anything BAD about her and I hear a lot...she does a ton of stuff behind the scenes that we don't really see (like during auditions she has study groups for vets to make sure everyone is well prepared and will do well in interviews, she also takes a lot on herself to make sure other vets show up at the right time, early, etc. if she can possibly help it).  Basically, I honestly think she is a team player.  She wants everyone to do well and is kind of a mother hen.  So I highly doubt any of the girls are salty that K&J picked her.  I have a feeling it's just that they LOVE Danielle and Jessica - both of those girls are adored on the squad and don't get high lighted (spokeswoman type stuff) like Jennifer does.  Plus Jessica and Danielle have been upfront since auditions that this was the final year for both of them and it would have been a nice send off; Jennifer is absolutely a wild card unless she suddenly posts something about it being her last year too.  Stuff I have heard is that it will be hard for her not to be a DCC and she will want the pretty 5-year package. We shall see. 

I still am calling Danielle as vet of the year.  Though now that Jenna is leaving I could see her too.  I could have seen Jenna deciding last minute to stay but everything I've heard is she is bummed by it 'not being her year' and wanted to quit so no shock really. 

Guess all that to say I am not surprised by much yesterday LOL sincere congrats from me to Jennifer - I like her, can't help it :)  

• Love 9