Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

To me it's easier to just wear a coat when you're outside.  I've never had to leave clothing on the floor, any gym I've been to has lockers & I bring my own lock. 

The only time I tie anything around my waist is if I go for a run outside in a tee shirt & I get too hot.

Sometimes it's too hot for a coat but a shirt is sufficient. Lots of times large dance/fitness classes don't have lockers or enough, and most gyms don't allow huge bags in studios, so I get the practicality of a shirt. I think they like the way it looks. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe I'm just an old lady, I think it looks stupid.

I agree.  It's a style to make them look more "street like" while doing hip hop.  It looks silly and hides their lines/movements do you can really see what they are doing.

• Love 2

I think what strikes me as funny re. the plaid shirts, is that there are about 30 other people all wearing them. If you were walking down the street and saw a whole bunch of people wearing exactly the same outfit you'd feel such a twat.. but in a dance class.. yup that's fine. I guess I'm not cool, I like individuality. 

**and yes I know in ballet etc. you all wear the same (leotards) but this is a class for the 'cool kids' doing street dance .. I think I must be getting old.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know I am older than most of you but it sure seems rather silly to be dancing while wearing a sweatshirt tied to your booty backwards.

I’ve been saying this for months.  

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol guess I'm in the minority with my plaid flannel love

I love flannel...just not tied around your waist while dancing.

• Love 1
On 11/29/2016 at 0:48 AM, dalgal214 said:

Love DCC Stephanie! 

On 11/29/2016 at 11:46 AM, dalgal214 said:

My thing is ive seen stephanie di biases choreo over and over again and she puts the same 8 counts together just in a different order (those points!). I feel like even Sheridan who is a pretty Jazz dancer out "grooved" or felt the dance better than Kelsey. 

I agree and disagree with you. I think dibiase's choreo is the same 8 counts and it's not exciting hip hop or Jazz Funk at all! 

Kelsey has more power than The awkward Sheridan.  She is noodley and not hard hitting at all in her isolation. Kelsey isn't a strong dancer, we know this and we aren't surprised.  Sheridan doesn't have this dance at all! No power and no pop and lock! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1

I'm sure last year they left it soooo late. Like pretty sure that Holly posted her paragraph about it being her last game ever as a DCC and then was selected for PBC that game? I'm also rooting for Danielle!! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JC123 said:

I'm sure last year they left it soooo late. Like pretty sure that Holly posted her paragraph about it being her last game ever as a DCC and then was selected for PBC that game? I'm also rooting for Danielle!! 

Love Danielle but really really rooting for Jenn!  She's such an amazing ambassador!

• Love 1

But Jens been point all year so I feel like they might give it to Danielle instead? Jen is a close second for me though! And then til all this potential drama with Jenna she would have been third but I'm thinking maybe not now. 

I would love for it to be Danielle - it would be like, the cherry on top of her NFL cheer career! We know she and Jessica are done after this year from what they've said.  I still have a feeling Jennifer will end up coming back to make it 5 and then she can be PBC that year lol I do think she is also very deserving! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I would love for it to be Danielle - it would be like, the cherry on top of her NFL cheer career! We know she and Jessica are done after this year from what they've said.  I still have a feeling Jennifer will end up coming back to make it 5 and then she can be PBC that year lol I do think she is also very deserving! 

While I want it to be Danielle, I'm like 95% positive it'll be Jenn if she's retiring.

18 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

what gets weighed in deciding who goes to PB?  I would think it would be the girl they deem the "best" DCC?

Were there PB girls who weren't point girls or at the tip of the triangle?

Nicole Bulcher, not sure if she was tip of triangle. 

Edit: funny, when I search DCC pro bowl at the bottom it says "Searches related to DCC pro bowl" and there's a ton of Holly P in every which way "Dcc Holly P" "Holly Powell dcc" "holly powell dallas cowboys cheerleaders" girl has herself a fan base

Edited by heatherrrrz
16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Nicole Bulcher, not sure if she was tip of triangle. 

Edit: funny, when I search DCC pro bowl at the bottom it says "Searches related to DCC pro bowl" and there's a ton of Holly P in every which way "Dcc Holly P" "Holly Powell dcc" "holly powell dallas cowboys cheerleaders" girl has herself a fan base

I still get her and lauren confused!  lol

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

I still get her and lauren confused!  lol

Really? Just remember Nicole has curly dark hair.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Team Jenna, but it's probably a lost cause...

You never know! Obviously they arent' hardcore punishing her...she's still in calendar and doing appearances.  If all her teammates vote for her I could see it; however, I think if she stays another year she'd have a MUCH better chance. I mean, after Whitney's debacle she not only was point but PBC...

6 hours ago, spazette said:

I thought someone said that ProBowl girl was voted on by everyone,  so that whomever was sent was picked by the team, not K&J. Can you enlighten us how is works, @dalgal214? Thanks!

They also held a fan vote the past two years right? I get confused with that and the vote for calendar and TCC..but I think so. Honestly though even with fan vote and team vote I think K&J would pull an audible if they didn't agree with who was chosen.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

RE:  Flannel shirts tied around the waist.  I know that in hip hop culture a big booty is a prized possession.  Maybe the girls tie the shirts around their waists to make the booty area look bigger or to give it more schwing. 

Was Danielle a Pro Bowl rep when she was with the Jets?

Good point. When I was in DCC shape I had a pancake booty. I look a whole lot better with a little bit softer abs and a little bit of booty than a six pack and flat arse. Thank God we usually wore skirts or the short A line halter dresses instead of DCC shorts back in the day. 

If, no WHEN, the Dallas Cowboys win Super Bowl LI on Sunday, February 5, 2017, in Houston, Texas, I wonder whether the thrill of this Season will motivate more girls to retire, or to stay on for next year.  I would think retire, since who doesn't want to go out on top.  I can see, for example, Jinelle deciding to retire on a (Super Bowl) winning note.  I can also see her being voted PBC, as she seems to be so beloved by her teammates and the DCC organization.

I will say that when I took my 11-year old daughter to the DCC Camp in Oxnard, CA, this past summer, Jenn started the camp by giving the girls (and boys) a brief history of the Cowboys.  She listed off all the Super Bowls wins the Cowboys had in the past, and added one more, this year's Super Bowl to that count.  At the time I thought, Bless Her Heart, she is ever the optimist.  And now her dream is coming true.  For that faith and devotion alone, Jenn should be a top choice for PBC.

This year there are so many DCC that the fans would love to have earn that PBC honor, and so many deserving DCC candidates, that it will be a difficult choice for sure.  

22 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Is Stephanie on Show Group too? 

I love Danielle's mature mindset in not participating in SG because she wants to do well at her full time job.  She could easily ask her parents for $$ but doesn't so I applaud her independence

I always got the impression that Danielle had more humble roots and living off her parents (especially after five years!) wouldn't be an option. Both Danielle and Jasmine were VERY concerned about their financial situation.

I loved the detail of season seven! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Right I don't really follow NFL but if the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl do the cheerleaders for both team cheer at that game or not? 

I remember reading on these Previously TV Boards in some past season, that the teams can and do bring their cheerleaders to the Super Bowl, but are generally limited in the size of the squad they can bring.  Of course, I am certain that some exceptions can be made, and will probably be made for the Cowboys and the DCC.  It would be terrible to leave anyone behind in going to the Super Bowl.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I remember reading on these Previously TV Boards in some past season, that the teams can and do bring their cheerleaders to the Super Bowl, but are generally limited in the size of the size of the squad they can bring.  Of course, I am certain that some exceptions can be made, and will probably be made for the Cowboys and the DCC.  It would be terrible to leave anyone behind in going to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I want to say they're limited to 32 on the field. Sure things could change this year, but there are so many people on the sidelines at the SB and so much going on (especially if the other team has cheerleaders) I imagine the NFL would be pretty strict about that. They could also decide to bring everyone (or even All Stars) to do appearances that week, though. It's in Houston this year so there would be a ton of Cowboys fans there.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Yeah, I want to say they're limited to 32 on the field. Sure things could change this year, but there are so many people on the sidelines at the SB and so much going on (especially if the other team has cheerleaders) I imagine the NFL would be pretty strict about that. They could also decide to bring everyone (or even All Stars) to do appearances that week, though. It's in Houston this year so there would be a ton of Cowboys fans there.

It will not be the same experience for the five DCC who cannot participate on the field for the Super Bowl game, so I really hope that they allow all 37 young ladies to cheer on the field.  My question is how the DCC organization decides, if it comes to that, who the five will be.   Do they draw lots, or do it by some combination of seniority and merit?  If the latter, then it might be a gentle sign to those five who do not make the field for the Super Bowl, that they are on the bubble for next Season's auditions.  In any case, I hope that everyone involved handles the situation gracefully and with maturity, as that is what people remember most. 

• Love 4

They could rotate some of the non show group rookies and 2nd years to keep 32 on the field. Somebody is bound to be injured and out, too. They could still go to the game and dress, probably do pregame stuff, but just not all be in the sidelines at a time. 

• Love 1

This conversation was giving me deju vu, so I looked and we have discussed this before:

On 1/6/2015 at 8:58 AM, pink317 said:

You're right. Ravens have a huge squad. Did some digging and the limit is 32! Awkward for DCC.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/02/01/baltimore-ravens-plump-cheerleader-super-bowl/

I cant even think about Super Bowl right now, the Cowboys are playing a really good (undefeated in their home stadium) team on Sunday. Cowboys are undefeated with away games this year but someone's record has to break this Sunday. And if they advance, their next likely opponent would be the reigning Super Bowl champs. It's still a long road to the big game.

Honestly I would hate to be a part of the 5 that wouldn't be on the field. They'd probably use them in the same avenue as All-stars -  making appearances to suite holders and big shot celebrities or something, but still. I can't imagine why they cap it off at 32 for the Super Bowl when almost every team has more than that. If there's room, why limit it?I can't see it getting "crowded" unless it's 40+.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Honestly I would hate to be a part of the 5 that wouldn't be on the field. They'd probably use them in the same avenue as All-stars -  making appearances to suite holders and big shot celebrities or something, but still. I can't imagine why they cap it off at 32 for the Super Bowl when almost every team has more than that. If there's room, why limit it?I can't see it getting "crowded" unless it's 40+.

Super Bowl is going to have a lot more media, VIPs, etc. on the sidelines than a normal NFL game. Cheerleaders are far less important than reporters, camera people, sponsors, etc. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

No, Jackie Bob has been the PBC twice for different teams. 49ers/Cowboys 

Is Jackie the only DCC to have been a PBC for 2 different teams?

OT: Former DCC Carey D was a PBC for the Atlanta Falcons and former TCC Ashley Paige was a PBC for the KC Chiefs.

Edited by MrsEVH

That really would be a shame if the Cowboys make it to the SB and 5 DCC get left off the field.  I like the idea of rotating the rookies etc posted upthread.  But if I had to guess at who would be among the 5 who wouldn't make the top 32 cut, I'd definitely say Kelsey, but I'd struggle to come up with others.  Based on who was on the bubble near the end of TC, I'd think maybe Tess.  She doesn't dance with the same pow as other DCC and has looked a little soft in some pics.  I rooted for her in camp, and think she's gorgeous, and I hope she has stepped it up as she's made her way through her rookie season.  In general, I think the non-Show Group rookies are really strong, especially Heather H, Cersten, Khalyn, and Heather O.  That would be such a brutal choice for Kelli and Judy, a terrible experience for those not chosen, and possibly damaging to the team dynamics if the whole team really couldn't perform at the SB.  The team definitely deserves to go to the Super Bowl this year, but anything goes during playoffs, so who knows? As for Pro Bowl, I could see Danielle or even Jessica getting PBC over Jenn if it's based on team vote.  I imagine (with nothing concrete to rely on as evidence) that, even as the team may love and respect Jenn, some might get tired of her getting everything (2nd leader and lead-off at auditions in her 2nd year, tons of camera time on the show and media events, even the hottest month of the calendar when she's far from the hottest DCC, IMO) and being the prime spokeswoman so often.  I kinda want Jenn to retire, not because I don't like her or think she's an amazing dancer, but because I want to see Erica or Jenna at point! 

Edited by M1977G
Typo
  • Love 1