Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Not yet.  I was wondering after you posed daily online shopping so...

I’d love to follow you.  If you can’t post the name here, you PM with it.  Gotta support all the lovelies on this board!

Oh, it's a mom blog with a little infertility on it, not fashion! I'm sorry!  Probably super boring to most. I need to get back to it. I want to focus more on interior design and home decor since we built this "farmhouse" on some land.  You should totally do a blog. 

I just shop shop way too damn much. 

• Love 2

Tony won't retire. Tony wants a championship. If he can get traded to a team like Denver who will actually have a shot at playing for a title, he'll go. Now, he'd retire before going to a team like Houston.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Oh, it's a mom blog with a little infertility on it, not fashion! I'm sorry!  Probably super boring to most. I need to get back to it. I want to focus more on interior design and home decor since we built this "farmhouse" on some land.  You should totally do a blog. 

That’s my thing!!!!  I am pretty obsessed with design.  And a blog is on my to do list. So fun. I’m PMing you.

10 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

So sorry!

I saw my girl Holly P advertising for the start of DCC Prep Classes. I'm super excited to see them start appearing on IG. 

Does this make it safe to say she's sticking around for next year? Won't shock me if we see her at point.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Does this make it safe to say she's sticking around for next year? Won't shock me if we see her at point.

Wouldn't shock me either...though I think it will depend on whether Jenna and Jennifer stay.  I still cross my fingers for Erica though!! 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Girl, right?! She's one in a million.

Point girl next year, followed by Dancing With The Stars and then global fame!!

**proper fame.. not Melissa Rycroft fame!

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I can't find any videos of Holly's dance class that she held and it's frustrating me lol

I had to just do #dccprep to find them. :)

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think so. I feel like I've seen her make several tweets about "next season."

18 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

I had to just do #dccprep to find them. :)

I think so. I feel like I've seen her make several tweets about "next season."

That didn't bring up anything but last years stuff

7 hours ago, BritFan said:

VERY true!  I would love to see her get all the above.  I see Holly as being more talented and likable than Melissa Rycroft (who is SO annoying and two faced).

Holly isn't my cup of tea lookswise.  (I like Barbie doll types), but performer and dance wise she really is amazing and I think America would love her!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BritFan said:

Do you mean Dancing With the Stars as a pro or a contestant? I can see her as a pro. She really doesn't have enough celebrity to be a contestant.

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do you mean Dancing With the Stars as a pro or a contestant? I can see her as a pro. She really doesn't have enough celebrity to be a contestant.

As a contestant. That is why she will have to be point girl first.. get a bit more media interest for her stunning presence first lol!

Maybe she will get more attention after being point girl and spotting a wild bull run onto the field, she dazzles it with her poms like a bull fighter before befriending it and leading it away. International coverage follows and global stardom.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, BritFan said:

As a contestant. That is why she will have to be point girl first.. get a bit more media interest for her stunning presence first lol!

Maybe she will get more attention after being point girl and spotting a wild bull run onto the field, she dazzles it with her poms like a bull fighter before befriending it and leading it away. International coverage follows and global stardom.

That's what it would have to take lol. DCC, as much as we love them, are even lower rung on the celeb scale than the YouTube people DWTS picks.  Rycroft was put in as a last minute replacement and straight off losing on the Bachelor. Being a former DCC wasn't really even a factor for her being chosen for DWTS the first time. Then she started hosting for E, Good Morning America, etc. and made it back for All Stars. She had a bit more network exposure then.

Holly's dance skill is better than her celeb level at this point. I'd rather see her as a pro who could stay on for a few seasons. I wonder if she's done much partner work?

Edited by RazzleberryPie
32 minutes ago, M1977G said:

So, who all do we know is retiring this season?

Danielle said this was her last year in a calendar shoot interview and Jessica posted on IG right after finals that this was her 'final round.' 

Jennifer has strongly hinted but I consider her an Angela...deciding more last minute to go for a fifth year.  I just can't see her quitting yet. Might also depend on if they have anyone strong for point...

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Skank, slut, whore...these are the names we call women who scare us when they don't apologize for who they are. Go. Holly. Go.

Is holly being called that? Geez. Dislike her style, hair, personality, whatever, that's all subjective, and we can at least ha e something to judge because we've seen her dance and speak, but whore, etc.? Not nice, not nice at all. 

• Love 1

Guys, I just came on again to say that I absolutely HATEEEE Holly's haircut. Sorry girl, but nope.

24 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Skank, slut, whore...these are the names we call women who scare us when they don't apologize for who they are. Go. Holly. Go.

Also who is calling her that? Ew.

9 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Let me see! I have definite opinions about all things Holly! Got a link? I only see the dance shots and you can't really tell from those.

I'm on my work computer which blocks twitter, go look on her twitter and you'll see a picture of her with her former high school's dance team on the field.

38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This?  I don't think it looks a whole lot different, just a touch shorter.

Yes! It's not that it's different, I just don't like it shorter. I liked it better when it was growing out longer. Certain hair cuts make your face look rounder and I think that her hair being shorter makes her face look round. 

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I thought Holly was homeschooled? I like her shorter hair. Better on her than another long wavy extension hairdo. 

I'm not an expert by any means on homeschooling, but I'm pretty sure students who are homeschooled are allowed to participate in activities from the school district in which they live.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yes! It's not that it's different, I just don't like it shorter.

I agree, I feel like she's too young for that style, have some fun!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Gotcha. I WISH she'd do like, an edgier cut. I think she'd look great. She's sexy. Embrace the sexy. Like, even short fringy almost Bettie Page bangs and a bob. I guess that's not exactly DCC look though, it's more harsh.

bangs.jpg

bangs2.jpg

Oh wow, that haircut directly above is horrible!  It looks like a first grader chopped it.  I think Hollys new haircut is adorable!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

The dark one,on the bottom. Is that cut popular these days?  The grey one is cute- very defined.  I am asking seriously-  I have had extensions for 2 years.

I am in the process of growing out a pixie that was cut a bit in the style of the bottom. I cut 13 inches off my hair to donate. Then it was nice after my stroke because my hair was manageable. Now, I tell people I'll never have short hair again. After a year and a half, my hair is finally touching my shoulders. Yes, it was a fun style. Never again, though.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Oh wow, that haircut directly above is horrible!  It looks like a first grader chopped it.  I think Hollys new haircut is adorable!

Yeah, that super short cut with the bangs is awful (the other one is pretty bad also IMO).  Not insulting Holly, but her face is fuller and she doesn't have the delicate bone structure like the model to pull off such a short style.

Edited by ByTor

Holly is a freaking rock star. I love her. Sometimes when she dances, it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, like I'm watching something I shouldn't. She's just incredible and I will never understand how you can't love her as a performer.

• Love 5

I know the calendar party was last night and some of the girls posted pics with their calendar shoot, but does anyone know all of the selections?  Holly's instagram had a shot that the release party was coming up but no posting.  Just wondering.

Edited by Jazzmom

I totally get it when people say that she's not their preference looks-wise. Holly isn't a girl one would find conventionally or traditionally "pretty". Her sexuality is so front and center that it's practically primal. And some people might find that off-putting, especially in someone so young. And her hair adds to that whole "Red Hot Mama" sensuality she exudes. However, I don't think too many people could honestly say that she isn't an enormously gifted dancer, and all eyes are just naturally drawn to her when she performs.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bunnygirl said:

Her sexuality is so front and center that it's practically primal. And some people might find that off-putting, especially in someone so young.

I don't see that at all, I think Holly looks like an awkward little girl trying play sexy but just isn't.

14 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I am in the process of growing out a pixie that was cut a bit in the style of the bottom. I cut 13 inches off my hair to donate. Then it was nice after my stroke because my hair was manageable. Now, I tell people I'll never have short hair again. After a year and a half, my hair is finally touching my shoulders. Yes, it was a fun style. Never again, though.

OMG, you are EXACTLY where I am.  I had a platinum pixie for a few years and loved it.  I started growing it out and then got waist length extensions.  Big difference.  I had them taken out a week ago to give my hair a break and my hair is now shoulder length.  

Sorry mods, I know it's off topic.  I will stop now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

I totally get it when people say that she's not their preference looks-wise. Holly isn't a girl one would find conventionally or traditionally "pretty". Her sexuality is so front and center that it's practically primal. And some people might find that off-putting, especially in someone so young. And her hair adds to that whole "Red Hot Mama" sensuality she exudes. However, I don't think too many people could honestly say that she isn't an enormously gifted dancer, and all eyes are just naturally drawn to her when she performs.

This exactly how I would describe holly

• Love 5
16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There's a pic of Lacey on the DCC Twitter where she's holding up a sideline calendar w/ her picture.  IMO she's definitely had a nose job.   And it was unnecceary and I think she looked better before.  

Her face looks kind of plastic here. Could just be her facial expression.

eCwHT_HhUkAE8-uR.jpg

18 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

OMG, you are EXACTLY where I am.  I had a platinum pixie for a few years and loved it.  I started growing it out and then got waist length extensions.  Big difference.  I had them taken out a week ago to give my hair a break and my hair is now shoulder length.  

Sorry mods, I know it's off topic.  I will stop now.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:05 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Just on this page. I'm not gonna get in dutch with the mods and rehash it. But I saw the word "skank" and though, well, THAT'S unnecessary. However, we all know what I do when I get a mess o chardonnay in me (CROTCH FRUIT), so I'm no better. Just, when you see your ugly clothes on someone else, you realize how ugly they really are.

And I'm reading about Megan and Amy's weight. I have been the first to criticize Megan and Amy for their weight, but damn. I pledge to not constantly berate them and focus on it. I dislike Megan and Amy as people. It's no reason for me to rip them apart for what they weigh. I'd punch a baby to weigh what they weigh. They are stunning and from what I hear, Megan is a baller-ass dancer. They just don't sound like terribly nice people.

What don't you like about Amy (Amy T right)?

8 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I know the calendar party was last night and some of the girls posted pics with their calendar shoot, but does anyone know all of the selections?  Holly's instagram had a shot that the release party was coming up but no posting.  Just wondering.

From what I gathered:

I guess cover is Stephanie, Amy T, Jessica

Jan- Amy L

Feb- Bess

March- Melissa

April- Erica

May- Chantal

June- Raylee

July- Jennifer

August- KaShara

Sept- Jinelle

Oct- Robin

Nov- Danielle 

Dec- Megan

Amy- last mo. of 2016

Edited by GAgirl
  • Love 1

I saw the swimsuit calendar at a store tonight, but I should have paid better attention to who was in the calendar.  I know I saw Holly P's surfboard picture on the back, but it wasn't the same one as in the magazine.  The magazine shot was jaw dropping (at least for me), but the one I saw on the calendar back just . . . wasn't.  It was good, but not amazing, and it wasn't the same shot.

8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Her face looks kind of plastic here. Could just be her facial expression.

eCwHT_HhUkAE8-uR.jpg

That's a different one than the one I saw, but yeah, in that one too it looks like she's has a nose job.  Her nose is thinner and shorter - think she had a slight bump before and that is also gone.   I think she looked better before. 

10 hours ago, BritFan said:

I know some people really hate her look but.. I think the swimsuit pictures on DCC's  facebook and Instagram of Stephanie are stunning.

That is all.

I think she is so beautiful! Her eyes just pop in her pictures. And her hair is gorgeous. SO thick and beautiful layers.

• Love 3