Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, cgloss said:

Why do the girls all do the same type of poses? Is it a DCC thing, a Texas thing, a dance thing? It's definitely not something all young women that age do, but now that we have that thread on other dance teams, I see those same poses there, too. It's baffling and kind of annoying. 

LOL  I always thought it was to show off leg definition and make arms and waist look thinner (all the twisting and angles) 

6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Looks like Sam F moved in with Holly and Raylee

Isn't Sam going to A&M this fall? I doubt she moved in with Holly. Probably just visiting. That would be over two hours of commuting each way to get to school.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Isn't Sam going to A&M this fall? I doubt she moved in with Holly. Probably just visiting. That would be over two hours of commuting each way to get to school.

No Sam is just visiting. Holly lives with Allie

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:49 PM, dccfan37 said:

No Sam is just visiting. Holly lives with Allie

Sam just seem so out of place ... bless her heart

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, QuiteContrary19 said:

SISTERS?! Twins! My god!! They're all so pretty and young and tan and firm. Ah, misty watercolor memories.

sheesh - I have to say, Stephanie's face looks good there but I hadn't realize she was a AA! 

16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What's an AA?

I THINK Allen American (they're called Allen American Ice Angels)

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I was seriously thinking African American, Alcoholics Anonymous? Those don't make sense! Now let me hope that didn't start a rumor.

LMAO

Maybe Jessica works in an accounting department, but I can't believe she's an actual accountant, and if she is, then I want to work where she does to consistently be able to leave early enough to make it to practice...even during month/quarter ends!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Maybe Jessica works in an accounting department, but I can't believe she's an actual accountant, and if she is, then I want to work where she does to consistently be able to leave early enough to make it to practice...even during month/quarter ends!

She is an accountant, but I don't know if she's a CPA at an accounting firm, of if she has an accounting degree and works as a accountant for a business. She definitely has a real job and degree.

With my husband's family's business (heavy construction firm - grandparents founded, uncles run it now) they have a staff accountant who is a CPA with a degree and definitely does accounting, supervises a payroll person and an accounts payable clerks, but they also have auditors come in quarterly from a CPA firm to review everything, especially government contracts. 

Reminds me of when Collin was on the team. She was an RN, but worked in a dermatologist office. No way you could juggle DCC with a full time 13 hr shift, nights or weekends, hospital nurse job. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oy I remember those days. Thankfully I moved to payroll and now I only have to work around my payroll schedule.... which runs every two weeks..... Not sure that worked in my favor! LOL

My guess would be that Jessica is in a position that's a bit more flexible with month/quarter ends. My employer's finance department has positions like that.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, ByTor said:

good point

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:54 PM, SanLynn said:

Oy I remember those days. Thankfully I moved to payroll and now I only have to work around my payroll schedule.... which runs every two weeks..... Not sure that worked in my favor! LOL

My guess would be that Jessica is in a position that's a bit more flexible with month/quarter ends. My employer's finance department has positions like that.

Interesting!  I always thought accountants worked 24/7 especially around month close or quarter ends and definitely before year end.  It would be interesting to know what jobs these girls have vs. what their titles are.

5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Interesting!  I always thought accountants worked 24/7 especially around month close or quarter ends and definitely before year end.  It would be interesting to know what jobs these girls have vs. what their titles are.

I had friends with accounting degrees who got sick of the hours and moved to more flexible accounts receivable roles...I'm guessing something like this is the case with Jessica.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

I had friends with accounting degrees who got sick of the hours and moved to more flexible accounts receivable roles...I'm guessing something like this is the case with Jessica.

Got it .. so you still are an accountant by training but not doing an accountant job

If it's a smaller company it may not require scads of hours for more than a couple of days each quarter. The CPA/controller at my (small) workplace  of about 50 employees only has a day or two each quarter where it gets really lengthy.  She's 8-4 most of the time.

On 8/6/2016 at 0:06 PM, Oranaiche said:

Yes, Sam moved this past weekend. Kelli posted pics of her going away gathering. 

19 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yes, Sam moved this past weekend. Kelli posted pics of her going away gathering. 

Right, I saw. The post you quoted is from almost two weeks ago, lol. The pics of Sam made me smile and remember starting college myself.

I'm bored at work so I was reading the 2015 training camp thread.. so funny to read comments back then and compare to now.

Funny posts/ interesting thoughts:

- Someone thought Jax and Bess looked identical

- A few people thought Stephanie and Loren were twins. I personally do not see it apart from the hair.

- Neither Megan or Amy T were mentioned in people's fan vote video favourites. (I found this interesting because they are 2 of the stronger dancers in that class)

-Someone said 'I still can't believe Shelbi was cut'.. hehe

• Love 4

Is it true what I heard I think at some point last year that Holly P accidentally sent a text to the squad members that was meant for her mom where she was bitching about some of the girls and became kind of the hated girl after that? 

12 hours ago, Teresa said:

Is it true what I heard I think at some point last year that Holly P accidentally sent a text to the squad members that was meant for her mom where she was bitching about some of the girls and became kind of the hated girl after that? 

Rumor that has never been proved to be truth so as far as we know, it probably didn't happen. None of the insiders have said anything about her being disliked.

41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I understand sending a text to the wrong person, but confusing "mom" with a whole group?  Not very likely IMO.

my friend texted a message intended for "Jessica" to "Mike" lol ... I think she just hit the first open text box assuming it was jess and got mike instead lol.   Texting has become a scary activity lol

Even if that whole text thing is true - which I am not convinced that it is - what in the world could she say in a text that would be so terrible that everyone would hate her?  Even if she said the whole team was bitchy, would anyone really bat an eye at that today?  Maybe I am just speaking for myself here (entirely possible) but getting lumped into a text like that  would just make me shrug and move on.  It would be much MUCH worse on an embarrassment scale for the sender than for anyone else.

33 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Even if that whole text thing is true - which I am not convinced that it is - what in the world could she say in a text that would be so terrible that everyone would hate her?  Even if she said the whole team was bitchy, would anyone really bat an eye at that today?  Maybe I am just speaking for myself here (entirely possible) but getting lumped into a text like that  would just make me shrug and move on.  It would be much MUCH worse on an embarrassment scale for the sender than for anyone else.

Maybe she texted "I'm the only good dancer and everyone else is fat & ugly" :)

• Love 8

Why does Holly look so awkward in this picture? all the other girls are doing boobs to back and she has her boobs to the front. It makes her look bigger than all the other girls and also like she's not quiet part of the group.

Yeah, her boobs are hitting Erica's back but she probably didn't want them to get smushed so she leaned forward a bit

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Yes, you are allowed to post about rookies since they are current DCCs. If someone does not want to know who made the team, I highly suggest not coming on here because spoilers are allowed.

Thanks.   Just wanted to make sure.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, bk10 said:

Why does Holly look so awkward in this picture? all the other girls are doing boobs to back and she has her boobs to the front. It makes her look bigger than all the other girls and also like she's not quiet part of the group.

Jenn K is so pretty and in such a classy lady-like way. Sigh ... how can I look and talk like her??

• Love 2